Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Felis Noctu said:

@darkgob

Good news!

(screenshot snipped)

 

In your configuration there's a color option for all the various text strings in Mids. You can set them to whatever you like by clicking on the entry!

Don't suppose there's any info available on the old settings?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, darkgob said:

While we're on the subject of UI colors -- is the Hero/Villain supposed to be broken?  The UI is always blue no matter how it's set.

Not broken, removed. It was using a sketchy color overlay process to recolor things, so Metalios straight up removed it. The Hero/Villain toggle only really exists for accolades/temp powers at the moment. As well, apparently the answer as to why the color scheme was changed was to be colorblind-friendly. Yellow & Green is hard to differentiate, and adding a red overlay to it (for the villain theme)

made that even worse.

 

Also!

Place this in your Mids Reborn/Data folder, overwriting your old Config.json:

 

Config.json

 

 

Extract these images to your Mids Reborn/Images folder, overwriting the two that are in there already:


Images.zip

 

 

Hello again, old friend!
YFsB3v2.png

Edited by Felis Noctu
  • Like 1
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

   
Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So after spending an hour trying to figure out what was wrong with installer, I found this posted earlier and it fixed the problem. Adding a 2 to directory solved whatever was causing it to bug out:

 

windows 10, was yesterday morning, nothing unusual about what was last done, normal day, normal use.

 

I have however found a work around. I installed to a different directory; 

C:\Users\Identity\AppData\Roaming\RebornTeam\Mids Reborn2

which works perfectly now.

still cant install or use the old directory.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Felis Noctu said:

Not broken, removed. It was using a sketchy color overlay process to recolor things, so Metalios straight up removed it. The Hero/Villain toggle only really exists for accolades/temp powers at the moment. As well, apparently the answer as to why the color scheme was changed was to be colorblind-friendly. Yellow & Green is hard to differentiate, and adding a red overlay to it (for the villain theme) made that even worse.

I'm colorblind but I really rather prefer it -- not all colorblindness is equal though.  IMO you would have been better off instead trying to find more distinct tones of the same colors rather than changing their semantics entirely -- it was an extremely jarring change.

 

Nevertheless, I appreciate 1) having the ability to customize the colors at all, and 2) your efforts at extracting the original theme settings.  Thanks!

 

EDIT: Strangely, some of the colors in the Config.json you uploaded don't match the colors I extracted from the screenshot I posted before.  That screenshot didn't have an example of Taken Power (Dark), but the color for Taken Power was (0,255,0), whereas your Config.json has it defined as "Lime" (192,255,0) which I agree is definitely way too similar to yellow.  I think Taken Power (Dark) used to be (0,128,0) -- that may not be precisely what it was before but hell it occurs so infrequently anyway.

 

Also I'm unclear what the images you shared are for.  Those look the same to me.

Edited by darkgob
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Meknomancer said:

So after spending an hour trying to figure out what was wrong with installer, I found this posted earlier and it fixed the problem. Adding a 2 to directory solved whatever was causing it to bug out:

 

windows 10, was yesterday morning, nothing unusual about what was last done, normal day, normal use.

 

I have however found a work around. I installed to a different directory; 

C:\Users\Identity\AppData\Roaming\RebornTeam\Mids Reborn2

which works perfectly now.

still cant install or use the old directory.

As I mentioned a few posts back, you should delete the entire old directory.  That was that allowed me to install the new version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, darkgob said:

I'm colorblind but I really rather prefer it -- not all colorblindness is equal though.  IMO you would have been better off instead trying to find more distinct tones of the same colors rather than changing their semantics entirely -- it was an extremely jarring change.

 

Nevertheless, I appreciate 1) having the ability to customize the colors at all, and 2) your efforts at extracting the original theme settings.  Thanks!

 

EDIT: Strangely, some of the colors in the Config.json you uploaded don't match the colors I extracted from the screenshot I posted before.  That screenshot didn't have an example of Taken Power (Dark), but the color for Taken Power was (0,255,0), whereas your Config.json has it defined as "Lime" (192,255,0) which I agree is definitely way too similar to yellow.  I think Taken Power (Dark) used to be (0,128,0) -- that may not be precisely what it was before but hell it occurs so infrequently anyway.

 

Also I'm unclear what the images you shared are for.  Those look the same to me.

Those color values were copied line for line from Pine's Hero Designer, which used the old theme colors. Mids does seem to convert some colors to name values, but it hasn't affected the appearance on my end. I'm not sure what to tell you, it looks exactly the same to me:
ZssJO0o.png

 

As for the images, they're the selection bubbles for "current level/hovered power" and "place slot" in the UI. I can assure you they're different from the stock install of Mids 2.7.2.10. The ones that come with Mids now are yellow. The ones I packaged up for you use the old green.

mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

   
Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Felis Noctu said:

Those color values were copied line for line from Pine's Hero Designer, which used the old theme colors. Mids does seem to convert some colors to name values, but it hasn't affected the appearance on my end. I'm not sure what to tell you, it looks exactly the same to me:

I mean, they look the same to me too, but I assumed Lime in the config file corresponded to the definition for the color I could find online.  Using an eyedropper on your screenshot yields (1,255,0) though.

 

I just remembered that I have a super old build of Pine's on an external drive, last updated 6/28/19.  Taken Power on that is set to (0,255,0).  That build has no Config.json, and Config.mhd doesn't look like it's storing the UI color info in it, so I'm not sure where that was kept before.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How would i get the enhancements like Decimation: Chance for Build Up or Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge to show the effects when the power is toggled ? Doesn't seem to work and I remember it working in Mid's or Pine's before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dhaus421 said:

How would i get the enhancements like Decimation: Chance for Build Up or Force Feedback: Chance for +Recharge to show the effects when the power is toggled ? Doesn't seem to work and I remember it working in Mid's or Pine's before.

Are you looking at "View Totals"?


PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread will reopen once we have beta content to work with. Currently we're reorganizing and centralizing the work of MRB and MRBU and working on functionality issues.

 

Please use the official version of Mids Reborn, as it includes all of our changes and more at this time!

 

Edited by Felis Noctu
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

   
Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Bopper unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Bopper unlocked and locked this topic
  • Bopper unpinned this topic
  • Bopper pinned this topic
  • 1 month later

We are a ways away from another release for Mids, but in the mean time there are still unofficial updates being made on MRBU. To date, some things added are:

 

Spoiler
  • Most Dominator Assault sets updated to reflect i26 Page 3, so this was long overdue.
    • Savage and Radioactive Assault are still not updated, but the rest mostly are.
  • Some Tanker Melee sets have been updated (Spines, Stone, Super Strength, and War Mace) to reflect i26 Page 4 updates.
  • Blaster Support - Sonic Manipulation has been added (i27 Page 1).
  • Energy Melee has been added for Scrappers and updated for all ATs to reflect i27 Page 1 changes.
    • Known Issues: Fast Energy Transfer is not working with enhancements/buffs. Don't know if this bug will get fixed.
    • The -Special effect for Barrage is too long and my time was limited. I kept the -Strength(Heal) to show the amount of debuff you get with the Weaken effect, but I did not add the other ~27 effects that have the same debuff.
  • Trick Arrow has been updated to reflect Issue 27 Page 1 for all ATs.
    • The -Special is likely once again half-assed due to number of effects, but I tried to show the % for atleast one of them.
    • Due to display issues, I chose to show the Damage Debuff from PGA as 50% (defender numbers) instead of 25% resistance plus 25% irresistible. I didnt take the time to troubleshoot why only one of the effects would show so I decided to combine it. 
  • Shadow Maul and Touch of Fear has been updated for all ATs
  • Teleportation Pool has been updated to reflect Issue 27 Page 1
  • Warshade's Shadow Recall, Starless Step, and Shadow Slip have been updated per Issue 27  to mirror Teleport Target, Combat Teleport, and Fold Space, respectively.
  • Taunt Aura now accept Taunt Set IOs per the Issue 27 Page 1 patch notes

 

I will unlock this thread. Feel free to try out the DB updates. Keep in mind, they are unofficial so backup your local copy just in case you want/need to revert. Feel free to let me know of any issues, however there is no guarantee fixes will come as our top priority is to work on the new version of Mids. This was a quick patch job I did to address some of the major changes that came in Issue 27. If I get time, I'll try to sweep Blaster Support updates, and maybe a few other power changes. Teleportation maybe after that, but we'll see.

 


Link to the lastest unofficial changes to the Mids DataBase:

https://github.com/Reborn-Team/Hero-Designer-DB/tree/master/

 

WARNING These updates are unofficial so update at your own risk. It is HIGHLY advised that you back up your database before making these changes as I am really bad at computers and I am fully capable of breaking your Mids if you don't believe me. But seriously, make a backup copy. Also, if you made personal updates to your Mids database, these changes will overwrite them. So again, back up what you have just in case you wish to revert. Ok, warning sticker covered, now...what to you need to do?

  1.  Go to the link I provided. Download the Data folder and the Images folder
  2.  Replace your RebornTeam/Mids Reborn/Images and RebornTeam/Mids Reborn/Data folders with the new ones
  3.  Hope Bopper didn't screw it up and enjoy the update to Mids

 

For better instructions, read Felis' Install Instructions for how to do a Release Update manually. https://github.com/Reborn-Team/Hero-Designer-DB/blob/master/README.md

Edited by Bopper
Updated Spoiler Block to show additional updates
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Bopper unlocked this topic
1 minute ago, Carnifax said:

Hi Bopper. Tried this a few times today. NRG Melee is there for scrappers but the Trick Arrow data seems to be the old version. 

Thanks, I'll take a look. 


PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to post
Share on other sites

Taunt aura slotting changes seem to be missing too. Can't quote the main post but the affected powers are in a drop-down tab under "Taunt Aura Slotting".

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LQT said:

Taunt aura slotting changes seem to be missing too. Can't quote the main post but the affected powers are in a drop-down tab under "Taunt Aura Slotting".

Yeah, I haven't updated everything. Just what I said I touched. If there is something that I missed in regards to Trick Arrow, Energy Melee, Titan Weapons or Sonic Manipulation, let me know.


PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just fixed Trick Arrow. I had a few boo-boos that should now be fixed.

  • Flash Arrow wasn't updated to i27
  • Disruption Aura had the wrong AT Modifier Table set on the pseudopet, hopefully numbers look right now.
  • Mastermind used the wrong pet for Disruption Aura
  • Mastermind had the wrong endurance costs, I changed all those back to include their MM tax. (FYI, a few of the endurance costs on live also don't have the tax included, but I imagine that bug will be fixed soon, so I decided to just include the tax now as opposed to have to change it back later).
  • EDIT: Also fixed Disruption Aura. It can now take EndMod sets
Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to post
Share on other sites

More Trick Arrow clean-up fixes have been pushed.

  • PGA should have the correct modifier table now
  • EMP Arrow should now be available at level 32 for defenders
  • Disruption Arrow should be 30s recharge for all ATs now
  • OSA should be -25% defense for all ATs
  • Like 1

PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Bopper, Ty for u and all the guys working on this. 

 I spend almost as much time in mids as the game.

 

Noticed 2 issues with  Dark Melee

 

Touch of Fear is not accepting Melee AoE's   (sry if it has been mentioned)

 

Brute - SouL Drain - says 7 max for dam bonus and in game it is 10  (for a brute at least)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Anubis_TD2 said:

Hi Bopper, Ty for u and all the guys working on this. 

 I spend almost as much time in mids as the game.

 

Noticed 2 issues with  Dark Melee

 

Touch of Fear is not accepting Melee AoE's   (sry if it has been mentioned)

 

Brute - SouL Drain - says 7 max for dam bonus and in game it is 10  (for a brute at least)

 

I have not updated everything and likely won't. I'm just doing some of the biggest hitters. Touch of Fear I can probably update tonight though


PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2020 at 7:21 PM, Felis Noctu said:

This thread will reopen once we have beta content to work with. Currently we're reorganizing and centralizing the work of MRB and MRBU and working on functionality issues.

 

Please use the official version of Mids Reborn, as it includes all of our changes and more at this time!

 

Link does not work, just a heads up.

 

Also, I have v2.7.2.10 (Database Issue: 26, Version: 20.0515)

 

I am assuming this is the correct one and hitting the Update button in the Options Menu will get me the latest version when everything is updated for i27?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Link does not work, just a heads up.

 

Also, I have v2.7.2.10 (Database Issue: 26, Version: 20.0515)

 

I am assuming this is the correct one and hitting the Update button in the Options Menu will get me the latest version when everything is updated for i27?

MRBU merged with Mids awhile back, so links will be dead. This was a locked thread that I'm only reviving to provide some partial updates to include i27.

 

The updates I am providing need to be pulled from the link I posted earlier. These will not be available via the update button in Mids as these are still unofficial and incomplete. I'm rushing this out just to provide folks with enough of the new info to help them with builds, but it is not at all polished. I had to re-do Trick Arrow like 4 times today, alone. .

  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Bopper unpinned this topic
×
×
  • Create New...