Mids' Reborn Unofficial (MRBU)

Felis Noctu

1 hour ago, justicebeliever said:

I just discovered this.  Thanks @Felis Noctufor spearheading this.  +1 Influence

Thank Zed primarily, he's the one that started all this. I've just apparently thrown myself into the proactive/leader position. 😛

Edited by Felis Noctu
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

Hi all - this may have been reported already, but the Vorpal Judgement Radial is giving the defense bonus all the time, instead of having the little green clicky on the power to toggle it off and on.  Not sure how to fix it myself, but I wanted to report it just in case.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing on this!

On 4/10/2020 at 4:32 PM, Felis Noctu said:

The synergy changes made to Fighting had a massive butterfly effect on the set for Mids. I'll add it to our project list, but it's definitely much more complicated than it appears on the surface. I didn't even realize it myself until looking at it just now.

Could you get around the issues by adding a slider/new power that lets you select how many of the fighting pool powers you have, and adds a bonus to the powers appropriately? 

Hello everybody, I want to start with a big thanks to the team for giving us the updates to continue to  use the system to make and verify our builds before we put it into production via a respec or something.

That said, I did read through this topic and if I missed it, I will apologize, but, one of the things I noticed is that when doing some of my builds (for a defender as an example), I am seeing a whole lot of ancillary/epic pool choices that aren't valid choices in game for that archetype which of course is causing me some hassle when I get to that level only to find I can't use my build as designed before character creation.

Is this something that is known and/or being worked on?

I do appreciate any updates or insights you have...

Kind regards,

Icecomet

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

Chapters 4 & 5  (Under development, Coming Soon!)

57 minutes ago, Icecomet said:

I am seeing a whole lot of ancillary/epic pool choices that aren't valid choices in game for that archetype

Are you perhaps confusing Patron Pools and Ancillary Pools? 

Patron Pools are the villain side equivalent of hero's Ancillary Pools. You may switch your alignment as any AT to villian and do the Patron Pool intro arc. Then switch back.

You can pick from any of Patrons and once you complete the arc all of them will be available to choose from when picking powers.Completion of the arc will also grant you a respec.

Some useful links:

Patron Pool

Ancillary Pool

And the contact redside to start the Patron Pool arc: Arbiter Rein

Lastly you can easily switch alignment by talking to Null the Gull in Pocket D.

Edited by SuperPlyx
Clarifying
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

Are you perhaps confusing Patron Pools and Ancillary Pools? 

Patron Pools are the villain side equivalent of hero's Ancillary Pools. You may switch your alignment as any AT to villian and do the Patron Pool intro arc. Then switch back.

You can pick from any of Patrons and once you complete the arc all of them will be available to choose from when picking powers.Completion of the arc will also grant you a respec.

Some useful links:

Patron Pool

Ancillary Pool

And the contact redside to start the Patron Pool arc: Arbiter Rein

Lastly you can easily switch alignment by talking to Null the Gull in Pocket D.

Ahh, ok, so I am setup for a hero initially and it's showing me the pools from both sides, ok, that makes sense then.  I guess I hadn't keyed into the fact that it was showing me the villain side ones that weren't options for me on the hero side.  Totally my bad, please excuse my overlooking that minor detail...

Again, my thanks for the input and  your time to explain that to me...

Regards,

Icecomet

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

Chapters 4 & 5  (Under development, Coming Soon!)

2 hours ago, Icecomet said:

Ahh, ok, so I am setup for a hero initially and it's showing me the pools from both sides, ok, that makes sense then.  I guess I hadn't keyed into the fact that it was showing me the villain side ones that weren't options for me on the hero side.  Totally my bad, please excuse my overlooking that minor detail...

Again, my thanks for the input and  your time to explain that to me...

Regards,

Icecomet

They are options for your hero characters, you just need to unlock them.  Go to Pocket D, and look for a seagull sitting on top of a box truck on the red side.  Talk with him.  Ask him to change your alignment to Rogue.  Then go to Grandville, and talk with Arbiter... Rein?.  He'll let you pick a patron.  Pick any, (although most go for Black Scorpion or Ghost Widow).  Run his or her five or six missions to unlock the patron power pools.  When done, head back to Pocket D, talk with the seagull, and change your alignment back to Hero or Vigilante.  Done.

Hello and thanks for the hard work o/

I wanted to point out, if it has not, that the fire proc in Bombardment has not had the damage added in.

uninstalled and reinstalled mids with the latest build, i then downloaded the latest update. extracted data and images only into their respective file locations, clicked yes to replaceing all. yet when i try and load  a build with elec affinity in it says fail to load as if i didnt just update it. .... arghh.

32 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

uninstalled and reinstalled mids with the latest build, i then downloaded the latest update. extracted data and images only into their respective file locations, clicked yes to replaceing all. yet when i try and load  a build with elec affinity in it says fail to load as if i didnt just update it. .... arghh.

Did you download the regular update or the Bleeding edge update?  Because only the bleeding edge one has Elec Affinity.

17 hours ago, Caulderone said:

Did you download the regular update or the Bleeding edge update?  Because only the bleeding edge one has Elec Affinity.

This is not true.  The weekly one has Elec Affinity also (3/26.)

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

13 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

Ah.  I guess I haven't installed the last update then.  That doesn't explain why he can't get ElecAff to work, then.

It's there but it isn't finished, same goes for Bleeding/Cutting Edge - example ElecAff does not work with the Alpha Incarnate values.

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

I might have missed it somewhere in this thread, but could there be an option to enable a type of "free slotting" like the game allows when respeccing? (Slots can go anywhere regardless of level, etc)

I'm a big dumb and having to swap low level stuff around to get the slotting right is really annoying. Maybe there is a setting and I'm completely blind... If so, could someone direct me to where this setting is?

@rajjypants - Everlasting Server

I, too, appreciate all the work you put in to keep this up to date.  I spend a lot of time playing with builds in Mids. 

One thing that I run across frequently is when I have the default set to +3 levels or use a menu option to set all relative levels to +5, it applies these levels to ATO/Winter enhancements, which cannot be boosted in game.  When I'm trying to compare two builds I have to manually click each enhancement, hit the minus key 5 times, and hit enter.  Would it be a lot of effort to modify the definition of these enhancements to not allow level modification or perhaps just not allowing them to go above 50?

Edited by Theronos

6 hours ago, Muppy said:

having to swap low level stuff around to get the slotting right is really annoying. Maybe there is a setting and I'm completely blind... If so, could someone direct me to where this setting is?

One thing I do is use the Auto Arrange feature.  Click Slot/Enhancements >Slots>Auto-Arrange All Slots. 

• Thanks 1

A small bug HD has is that if we +3 an HO then ALL other enhancements we place afterwards will be +3. Nothing will fix this except placing an HO down to +0 which will then remove this behavior.

On 4/11/2020 at 6:49 PM, kenlon said:

Could you get around the issues by adding a slider/new power that lets you select how many of the fighting pool powers you have, and adds a bonus to the powers appropriately? 

Sorry about the delay in the response!

That'd be a possibility if not for the differing effects that are applied based on which powers you have. The scaling system only applies to numerical values, not the application of power effects themselves. That's what the expressions the game uses are for. Since Mids was designed to use a reformatted version of the game's files, it was designed in the same manner. To make the Fighting pool fully functional what we need is to finish what Metalios had started, which was adding all of the conditionals, and even then we may have to mix multiple conditionals together due to overlaps with AT passives.

We've got a number of ideas we've thrown around for various feature improvements and changes, so it's possible there's things we can do to make the process easier. We'll just have to see.

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

9 minutes ago, Felis Noctu said:

That'd be a possibility if not for the differing effects that are applied based on which powers you have. The scaling system only applies to numerical values, not the application of power effects themselves. That's what the expressions the game uses are for.

Fair enough - I mostly want to get the damage numbers, since in-game all the fighting powers just show "Special smashing damage on target" with no actual useful information. 

2 minutes ago, kenlon said:

Fair enough - I mostly want to get the damage numbers, since in-game all the fighting powers just show "Special smashing damage on target" with no actual useful information. 

Yeah, when you see something like "special", that's where an expression is. It's a royal pain. 😛

~ The Meowcronomicon

On 4/14/2020 at 8:47 AM, Muppy said:

I might have missed it somewhere in this thread, but could there be an option to enable a type of "free slotting" like the game allows when respeccing? (Slots can go anywhere regardless of level, etc)

At this time no, that's not a possibility for Mids. A huge amount of Mids' functionality is tied into leveling procedures, which includes a rigid layout of how slots are arranged. There's a possibility of a solution buried somewhere in there but it isn't something we've spent any significant time exploring.

On 4/14/2020 at 3:37 PM, SuperPlyx said:
On 4/14/2020 at 8:47 AM, Muppy said:

I'm a big dumb and having to swap low level stuff around to get the slotting right is really annoying. Maybe there is a setting and I'm completely blind... If so, could someone direct me to where this setting is?

One thing I do is use the Auto Arrange feature.  Click Slot/Enhancements >Slots>Auto-Arrange All Slots. 

Exactly this. I use it frequently myself.

Edited by Felis Noctu

~ The Meowcronomicon

Gah.  I keep editing the Taunt IO Perfect Zinger: Chance for Psi Damage to be 3.5PPM instead of 20%.

Every time I quit and reload the planner it goes back to 20% chance.

Anyone figured out a way to change that and have it stick?

Edited by Caulderone

9 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

Gah.  I keep editing the Taunt IO Perfect Zinger: Chance for Psi Damage to be 3.5PPM instead of 20%.

Every time I quit and reload the planner it goes back to 20% chance.

Anyone figured out a way to change that and have it stick?

Yeah. Don't edit it from the enhancement editor. 😛 I'm assuming that's what you're doing anyway. The enhancement editor saves to EnhDB.mhd, but the power data itself is in I12.mhd.

You have to go into the Main Database Editor > Boosts > Crafted_Perfect_Zinger_F > Crafted_Perfect_Zinger_F and change it there. Afterwards you may need to close and reopen Mids to get the changes to register. The enhancement database is a funky piece of work.

~ The Meowcronomicon