Mids' Reborn Unofficial (MRBU)

Felis Noctu

5 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

That did it.  I didn't even realize that stuff was in the Boosts section.  Thanks!

Yup!

Yeah, as far as we can tell the "Power_Mode Data" button is just a shortcut to opening the Boosts data. The issue is due to how the editors write their data, as closing enhancements never actually touches I12.mhd. Funny enough there's a number of things that have gotten lost during edits due to the tendency for it to not save certain things. For instance, I've somehow managed to basically corrupt set bonuses accidentally, which I discovered later could be corrected by just opening and closing the main editor without changing anything.

shrug-troll-smiley-emoticon.png

Edited by Felis Noctu
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

I'm not sure what the issue is but- A lot of ATs, powers and more even with the latest database update are just really really far off. I used elec melee for a comparison and- Here are the in game values VS the mids values below each relevent AT, for the same move in electric melee. (All of these are base, expected level 50 with no enhancements or fury enabled)

The only accurate one is brute.

(Scrapper defense values for the most part are accurate- Brute's defense set values are all sorts of wacky compared to in game too)

What.png

A fascinating side note using the ATs corrected values in the database to more closely match the in game parameters- With just 3 level 50 IO damage enhances in the power for each AT...Scrapper comes out to doing 105.1, 122.3 on brute assuming 75 fury, and tanker doing 88.5.Each of these values are only 17 points different from the other laddering up from tanker to scrapper to brute .But the weird thing is- You take a scrapper and assume a crit right? 210. Take away the difference in brute's damage from that (-122) you end up with 88. The tanker damage value for this power.  I have no idea what this means or what relation it has to anything but it's interesting how that all ties together. (That and each of the ATs in game values are 10 DPA different each as well)

Edited by Vulgaris

The Tanker values haven't been modified from the recent January patch where the damage scale went from 0.8 to 0.95.  There have been several posts about them working on it, but changing the damage scale was never planned for.  It requires major code changes.

The Scrapper AT in the planner accounts for the average bonus crit damage.  The game does not.  That is likely the difference you are seeing.

edit:  For the scrapper, mouse over the damage line in the Info tab.  You'll see the breakdown of the damage.

31.28 smashing + 21.27 energy = 52.55 which matches game numbers

+ 52.55 energy damage  @ 10% chance (the scrapper crit) = 5.255 + 52.55 = 57.805 rounded to 57.81

So, what you need to compare to verify the Scrapper damage in the planner is available in the mouse over on the damage line.

Edited by Caulderone

When I try to load Mids' after a recent cleanup of (what should have been) unimportant temp files elsewhere on my machine, I keep getting an error on startup and Mids' refuses to work.

[Blank Title Bar]: "Failed to load JSON config, falling back to mhd"

(Click OK to that)

NullReferenceException: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

(Click OK to that)

Immediate crash

8 minutes ago, Ariamaki said:

When I try to load Mids' after a recent cleanup of (what should have been) unimportant temp files elsewhere on my machine, I keep getting an error on startup and Mids' refuses to work.

[Blank Title Bar]: "Failed to load JSON config, falling back to mhd"

(Click OK to that)

NullReferenceException: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

(Click OK to that)

Immediate crash

I can't say I have any great ideas except to uninstall, download a fresh copy from the other sticky, reinstall, then re-add this update.

That sounds a lot like something got deleted that is needed, though I have no idea how/why.

6 minutes ago, kenlon said:

Small bug report - the value in the DB for tanker Maneuvers appears to be off.  It's 2.28% base in Mid's and 2.63 base in game.

The January tanker update changed the Leadership values (up to Controller level).  This isn't a simple database change.  Like the damage scalar change, this requires code work in the program itself.

On 4/18/2020 at 6:11 AM, Vulgaris said:

[snip]

17 hours ago, kenlon said:

[snip]

On 4/18/2020 at 8:12 AM, Caulderone said:

The Tanker values haven't been modified from the recent January patch where the damage scale went from 0.8 to 0.95.  There have been several posts about them working on it, but changing the damage scale was never planned for.  It requires major code changes.

The January tanker update changed the Leadership values (up to Controller level).  This isn't a simple database change.  Like the damage scalar change, this requires code work in the program itself.

It was more than just that as well, which I explained in the Mids discord last night actually. Basically, the attribute mod tables are referenced by index, with each class_AT pointed at a specific column in each table. When we first started editing the database we made the mistake of assuming that the order of the class_AT list in the DB was also their index order. Four of the ATs are actually listed in reverse of their actual index. We're guessing whoever updated the attribute mod tables in the past made the same mistake.

Basically, when we were looking into how to update the tables, we discovered that Corruptor's tables were swapped with Stalker's, and Dominator's are swapped with Mastermind's.

The next update should have the tables corrected, and hopefully then the numbers should be lining up better. Those tables also include the new Tanker and Brute values. It doesn't include all of the changes to the powers and such, but we'll be getting to those.

Edited by Felis Noctu

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

Just now, TG BrainFog said:

Whenever I attempt to export a build to Discord, the message pops up that it's unable to reach the remote server. I've done the setup for our Discord in the configuration menu. Does this version not support it, or have I just derped the setup somehow?

The bot's down, that's what it can't connect to. The bot's been real fussy lately.

~ The Meowcronomicon

Bug report: built a char with 5x Bombardment (6-slot) and 1x Doctored Wounds (5-slot). At those slotting levels, they each provide a 5% recharge bonus. This should cap at 5 sets' worth of the bonus, but all 6 sets are included in the calculation (so total +rech is displaying 5% higher than actual).

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

I found an interesting "glitch".   This exists in the 2.6.0.7 version without the unofficial update and in the current bleeding edge both.

For Defender, Sentinel, and Dominator (but not Blaster or Corruptor), if you try to drag Voltaic Sentinel or Hasten over the other to switch their places, you get an "Unhandled exception has occured" popup.

So far, I have only been able to reproduce it with Voltaic Sentinal and Hasten, but nothing else I've tried causes it.

I need some help. For the life of me, I can't get the newest version (March 26th) to either install and open, or just to open to the newest version. I currently have the v2.6.0.7 Version 19.1021. I've downloaded and extracted the github file under "assets" into the mids folder, but when I open up the extracted file, I don't see the mids.exe file to install. I've been trying to figure this out off and on for about 2 weeks now hoping that I'll stumble upon a solution but to no avail. What am I missing?

I see the .github, data and images files. .gitignore, README.md and z-patch.rtf are also there. Checked for updates on my current version and it says there are no new updates. Opening up a new version build from one of the AT forums prompts me with this boxed error message: "ReadSaveData Failed   Error reading some power save data, will attempt to build character with known data - Unable to read beyond the end of the stream." Then it opens up (the 19.1021 version) with the power slots empty. Clean slate. I'm on pc, Windows 10, 64 bit.

12 minutes ago, Echo Night said:

I need some help. For the life of me, I can't get the newest version (March 26th) to either install and open, or just to open to the newest version. I currently have the v2.6.0.7 Version 19.1021. I've downloaded and extracted the github file under "assets" into the mids folder, but when I open up the extracted file, I don't see the mids.exe file to install. I've been trying to figure this out off and on for about 2 weeks now hoping that I'll stumble upon a solution but to no avail. What am I missing?

I can't help you with the error, but I can at least answer some of the rest.

There is no mids.exe to install. This is only data and image updates, not a full replacement.

I recommend not extracting in the \Mid's folder directly - extract temporarily in Downloads or something. Then merge things by hand - make sure the Data information goes into the \Mids\Data folder (basically, just drag and drop the extracted Data into \Mids and let it combine with the existing Data folder ), and the Images goes into the Images folder (same thing as Data). When you combine them, you should get notifications of name conflicts - accept the overwrite to put the new information in.

The z-patch.rtf you can just read and decide what you want to do with it, and the README goes into the \Mids folder (I still don't think I've read it yet) if you want to - clean install suggestion is don't extract those.

Although the install notes say to extract the file into the Mids install folder, and in theory that should work, depending on how you have your extractor program set up, you could accidentally make a subdirectory in Data or Images, or not have overwrites happen and be missing some info. If you're having a problem after installing directly into the \Mids folder, make sure you don't have a \Data\Data or \Images\Images. If you don't, or if you clean it up and still have problems, I suggest (another) clean install of the most recent, base Mid's and the extraction as above.

Hopefully someone can give you more direct information on that error.

Hi, I've been trying to open the program up after downloading and I keep getting error messages anytime I try to do anything with Mids. I've read through this thread and went through the manual moving of the Data and Image files to (I assume) update it properly, but I still get the errors.

Upon try to open Mids, I get this message.
947477298_errormessage.png.b10e73d7b5d278997e4877a1a8289de6.png

It opens after I hit OK, and comes up with the familiar Mids screen, but anytime I try to do anything this message comes up.
1254591337_errormessage2.png.4fa19e46d0b5cfa93c1f2555df551b27.png

A lot of the coding stuff is gibberish to me, so I might be missing something otherwise obvious. Hopefully, someone has some experience with this situation and could lend some advice. Thanks.

25 minutes ago, SuperFerret said:

Hi, I've been trying to open the program up after downloading and I keep getting error messages anytime I try to do anything with Mids. I've read through this thread and went through the manual moving of the Data and Image files to (I assume) update it properly, but I still get the errors.

Upon try to open Mids, I get this message.

Spoiler

947477298_errormessage.png.b10e73d7b5d278997e4877a1a8289de6.png

It opens after I hit OK, and comes up with the familiar Mids screen, but anytime I try to do anything this message comes up.
1254591337_errormessage2.png.4fa19e46d0b5cfa93c1f2555df551b27.png

A lot of the coding stuff is gibberish to me, so I might be missing something otherwise obvious. Hopefully, someone has some experience with this situation and could lend some advice. Thanks.

From the line "Error: Method not found....", it looks like the Mids code is calling a library routine that can't be found.  As it works for me, the program--if the file isn't damaged--shouldn't get this error on a routine included within the program file.  That means it's a external routine.  Looking on the Mids Reborn first post:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/7645-mids-reborn-hero-designer/

under "What's Required To Run?" is this:

On 8/8/2019 at 9:11 AM, crytilis said:

What's Required To Run?

Windows: .NET 4.7.2 N/A
MacOS: Homebrew Wine Winetricks .NET 4.7.2 "Install using Winetricks"
Linux: Wine Winetricks .NET 4.7.2 "Install using Winetricks" N/A

From those screenshots, I'm thinking you have Windows; what version do you have?  If it's old enough, it may not have .NET 4.7.2.

I suggest here a complete reinstall from scratch.  If any step gets errors, please report back.

• Download the .NET 4.7.2 installer from Microsoft.
  • Download the Mids Reborn (MRB) installer fresh.
  • Download the Mids Reborn Unofficial (MRBU) patch archive fresh.
  • Uninstall Mids completely.
  • Run the .NET installer.
  • Run the Mids Reborn installer.  Do not put this in \Program Files\ as Windows controls access there, which is bad for a program that may normally update itself.  Put it somewhere like \Prog\CityTools\MRB\
  • TEST MRB as it is now.  If it works...
  • Extract from the MRBU archive the Data and Images folders (the only things that MRBU changes right now) and drop them in the current install directory of Mids to merge with the existing Data and Images folders; you should get a popup asking if you want to overwrite files; answer yes.
  • TEST MRB with MRBU.  Whatever happens, please report back.

Edited by Jacke

22 hours ago, Cende said:

I can't help you with the error, but I can at least answer some of the rest.

There is no mids.exe to install. This is only data and image updates, not a full replacement.

I recommend not extracting in the \Mid's folder directly - extract temporarily in Downloads or something. Then merge things by hand - make sure the Data information goes into the \Mids\Data folder (basically, just drag and drop the extracted Data into \Mids and let it combine with the existing Data folder ), and the Images goes into the Images folder (same thing as Data). When you combine them, you should get notifications of name conflicts - accept the overwrite to put the new information in.

The z-patch.rtf you can just read and decide what you want to do with it, and the README goes into the \Mids folder (I still don't think I've read it yet) if you want to - clean install suggestion is don't extract those.

Although the install notes say to extract the file into the Mids install folder, and in theory that should work, depending on how you have your extractor program set up, you could accidentally make a subdirectory in Data or Images, or not have overwrites happen and be missing some info. If you're having a problem after installing directly into the \Mids folder, make sure you don't have a \Data\Data or \Images\Images. If you don't, or if you clean it up and still have problems, I suggest (another) clean install of the most recent, base Mid's and the extraction as above.

Hopefully someone can give you more direct information on that error.

I did as recommended but still can't get it working. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. Thank you for your input, reply and help.

On 4/23/2020 at 9:01 AM, Jacke said:

From the line "Error: Method not found....", it looks like the Mids code is calling a library routine that can't be found.  As it works for me, the program--if the file isn't damaged--shouldn't get this error on a routine included within the program file.  That means it's a external routine.  Looking on the Mids Reborn first post:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/7645-mids-reborn-hero-designer/

under "What's Required To Run?" is this:

From those screenshots, I'm thinking you have Windows; what version do you have?  If it's old enough, it may not have .NET 4.7.2.

I suggest here a complete reinstall from scratch.  If any step gets errors, please report back.

• Run the Mids Reborn installer.  Do not put this in \Program Files\ as Windows controls access there, which is bad for a program that may normally update itself.  Put it somewhere like \Prog\CityTools\MRB\
  • Extract from the MRBU archive the Data and Images folders (the only things that MRBU changes right now) and drop them in the current install directory of Mids to merge with the existing Data and Images folders; you should get a popup asking if you want to overwrite files; answer yes.

That seems to have worked. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 1:50 AM, Echo Night said:

16 hours ago, Echo Night said:

I did as recommended but still can't get it working. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. Thank you for your input, reply and help.

@Echo Night, I'm going to assume you have Windows.  If so, you should be able to follow the process I laid out for @SuperFerret to remove and reinstall Mids Reborn with Mids Reborn Unofficial clean.  Here are the download links followed by my reinstall process.  Follow my process and use the links and info and you should get it fixed!

Mids Reborn links

On 8/8/2019 at 9:11 AM, crytilis said:

What's Required To Run?

Windows: .NET 4.7.2 N/A
MacOS: Homebrew Wine Winetricks .NET 4.7.2 "Install using Winetricks"
Linux: Wine Winetricks .NET 4.7.2 "Install using Winetricks" N/A

Download Information

Patch Notes are available in our Discord.

Application Version: 2.6.0.7 - Database Version: 19.1021
Windows: Installer (Main) Installer (Alt) Zip Archive (Main) Zip Archive (Alt)
MacOS: Zip Archive (Main) Zip Archive (Alt) N/A N/A
Linux: Zip Archive (Main) Zip Archive (Alt) N/A N/A

Already have MRB installed? Use the "Check for Updates" option

Mids Reborn Unofficial links and process

On 3/24/2020 at 1:40 AM, Felis Noctu said:

Where?

MRBU

Mids' Reborn Hero Designer v2.6.0.7 (required)

Mids' Discord Server

How?

Release Builds

• Click Download Release Build
  • Click first archive under "Assets" section of most recent release

• Open downloaded file

• Extract contents of "MRB-Updates-######" to Mids install folder, overwriting as prompted

• For a clean install, only extract the "Data" and "Images" folders

Bleeding Edge Builds

• Click Github Repo + Download Bleeding Edge
  • Above right, find and click the green button labeled "Clone or Download"

• Click "Download ZIP"

• Open downloaded file

• Extract contents of "MRB-Updates-master" to Mids install folder, overwriting as prompted

• For a clean install, only extract the "Data" and "Images" folder

Jacke's remove and reinstall process

On 4/23/2020 at 7:01 AM, Jacke said:

Edited by Jacke

3 hours ago, Jacke said:

@Echo Night, I'm going to assume you have Windows.  If so, you should be able to follow the process I laid out for @SuperFerret to remove and reinstall Mids Reborn with Mids Reborn Unofficial clean.  Here are the download links followed by my reinstall process.  Follow my process and use the links and info and you should get it fixed!

Mids Reborn links

Mids Reborn Unofficial links and process

Jacke's remove and reinstall process

Thanks for the response. I've done all this but for the sake of hope, I'll do it again. Now, before I do this however, do I have to delete all the builds from the previous versions or is it okay to keep them? Will they convert over to the new version?

23 minutes ago, Echo Night said:

Now, before I do this however, do I have to delete all the builds from the previous versions or is it okay to keep them? Will they convert over to the new version?

No, don't delete the builds.  They should be fine.

Be sure to install to a place that isn't Program Files or Documents or the like.  Install to something like c:/games to avoid Windows access issues.

39 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

No, don't delete the builds.  They should be fine.

Be sure to install to a place that isn't Program Files or Documents or the like.  Install to something like c:/games to avoid Windows access issues.

After downloading the first archive (in D:\Games) under "assets," I assume this means the very first file, the MRBU file, I get this error message, "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default apps settings page." I've uninstalled every file to the best of my knowledge but something is still not clicking. I uninstalled mids yesterday and this morning, reinstalling both times. Followed all the steps, again to the best of my knowledge extracting only the data and image files but I am apparently screwing something up somewhere. This seems so damned simple and yet it is frustrating the hell out of me.

On 4/24/2020 at 10:21 PM, Echo Night said:

After downloading the first archive (in D:\Games) under "assets," I assume this means the very first file, the MRBU file, I get this error message, "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default apps settings page." I've uninstalled every file to the best of my knowledge but something is still not clicking. I uninstalled mids yesterday and this morning, reinstalling both times. Followed all the steps, again to the best of my knowledge extracting only the data and image files but I am apparently screwing something up somewhere. This seems so damned simple and yet it is frustrating the hell out of me.

Hmmm.

Why don't you say the name of the file or say the website you got to in this process?  I know this is frustrating for you, but you have to give sufficient feedback for us to help.  As I laid out the process step-by-step, you need to give us enough information on the steps you actually took for us to be sure where you were in the process.

With your use of "assets", I'm assuming you're talking about getting the MRBU last release archive off of GitHub.  That file is named "MRBU_I26P4_202003262320.7z".  That makes it a .7z file, the standard suffix for a 7-Zip archive.  You can even search for ".7z" and the first link is to the 7-zip website.

https://www.7-zip.org/

Install 7-Zip to have a utility to access .7z and other archive types.

Edited by Jacke