Mids' Reborn Unofficial (MRBU)

Felis Noctu

4 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Is this even approximately up to date anymore?

I believe the Bleeding Edge was recently updated for Tankers.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

12 minutes ago, Antarticaa said:

Really dumb question but how do you post a build from mids into the forums?

Import/Export->Short Forum Export

I choose "Light Blue (US)" in upper left section and "Universal Codes" in the upper right section and check the box for "Export Data Chunk if creating a DataLink isn't possible".  Everything else is unchecked.

Click Export Now.

On the forum, I click the "eye" logo in the toolbar to create a spoiler and then paste into it.

On 4/22/2020 at 10:23 AM, Caulderone said:

So far, I have only been able to reproduce it with Voltaic Sentinal and Hasten, but nothing else I've tried causes it.

I have had the unhandled exception error when moving Hasten with other powers. It doesn't usually happen, but I think it always involves Hasten.

4 hours ago, Cende said:

Spelling Error: Numina's Convalescence is missing the middle c.

It doesn't affect much, I just happened to notice because Word was complaining it was misspelled.

It's actually misspelled inside the game itself as well.

Edited by csr
Clarity

I had an interesting bug occur with the latest release (3/26 11:20pm).  I opened a Stalker build (Fire/Rad/Soul) and it had Mystic Flight and Spirit Ward as both improperly placed (though neither was).  I tried swapping things around, but there was no combination that I could find to make it recognize them as legal.  In the process I removed the powers and put in Experimentation as a pool.  It showed Experimental Injection as being selected immediately despite the power being nowhere to be seen in the build.  I could not remove either the power or the pool.  I tried reinstalling the patch over the top of my existing setup but it made no difference.

Oh, and as an aside... the power order for Stalker Radiation Armor is still wrong, with Fallout Shelter being listed as available at level 10 when it isn't actually available until 16.

Edited by csr

I also encountered a stalker error.  When I saved it last night, my stalker was kinetic melee / bio armor.  When I opened it this afternoon, he was fire melee, and all the primary slots were empty except where I'd used the stalker ATO.

I haven't read all the chatter in here yet (holy crap why didn't I get notifications?), but I'll get there either tonight or tomorrow. For the moment though...

Bleeding Edge update! (2020-03-25)

- Bleeding Edge and repack in Discord's #release-downloads have been updated with the following:

## __MRBU Features__
### Archetype Ordering
* MRBU currently orders the archetype selection dropdown menu in the same order as Homecoming's in-game list.
  * This does, however, cause the menu to have minimal organization other than by pre-Going Rogue factions, and may change in the future.

## __Client__
### Database Cleanup
* Deleted two unused, glitchy entries in Pets group
* All > Titan Weapon: Reorganized power redirects to more closely match their parents

### UI Fixes/Tweaks
* View Totals window has received some enhancements
  * Values have had their precision increased to 2 decimal places (#0.##) where appropriate to match in-game Totals
  * Misc Buffs > Movement > Fly: Calculations are now using BaseFlySpeed instead of MaxFlySpeed (oops!), and are now much closer to the actual in-game speeds
  _→ KNOWN ISSUE: These values still do not quite match the in-game speeds due to calculation errors. This is, as far as we can tell, due to the use of negative offsets, which are necessary to properly implement enhancements but disagree with Mids' formulas. We're still working on this._

Yes, this means there are now .exe and .dll updates, so you may receive a warning from Windows! I've uploaded the changed source files temporarily to the DIscord #release-downloads for those who like to build the client themselves. Tomorrow after some sleep I'll set up a proper forked repo and sync there.

For you non-Discord people, here are the SOOPR SEKRIT links:

Users: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13cuKRAALYEbcczGOU_rkJrHS9krDJJJz
Source Changes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MUEH1gb5MFBZ9GZm7qUOEpv8ro2DGVs9

You do not need to use the updated client to use any of the database changes in this release, so if you're the type that likes to compile the program yourself, you only need the Data and Images folders as usual! Tomorrow after some sleep I'll set up a proper forked repo and sync there.

Edited by Felis Noctu
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

On 4/28/2020 at 1:07 AM, Felis Noctu said:

I haven't read all the chatter in here yet (holy crap why didn't I get notifications?), but I'll get there either tonight or tomorrow. For the moment though...

Bleeding Edge update! (2020-03-25)

- Bleeding Edge and repack in Discord's #release-downloads have been updated with the following:

Yes, this means there are now .exe and .dll updates, so you may receive a warning from Windows! I've uploaded the changed source files temporarily to the DIscord #release-downloads for those who like to build the client themselves. Tomorrow after some sleep I'll set up a proper forked repo and sync there.

For you non-Discord people, here are the SOOPR SEKRIT links:

Users: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13cuKRAALYEbcczGOU_rkJrHS9krDJJJz
Source Changes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MUEH1gb5MFBZ9GZm7qUOEpv8ro2DGVs9

You do not need to use the updated client to use any of the database changes in this release, so if you're the type that likes to compile the program yourself, you only need the Data and Images folders as usual! Tomorrow after some sleep I'll set up a proper forked repo and sync there.

I'm not sure whether I'm doing something wrong... but I tried that download link, and get "Unable to read data - Bad Format" when trying to open files created by the version I was running (same version number, 2.6.0.7.  I tried with a fresh install, and with an updated DB from bleeding edge (version 20.2605), and got the error both times.

Running in Linux, with wine, if it makes a difference.  (Bear in mind, I can run MIDS fine, it's just the "bleeding edge update! (2020-03-25)" version I have trouble with.

mids_error.png

1 hour ago, Tonio said:

I'm not sure whether I'm doing something wrong... but I tried that download link, and get "Unable to read data - Bad Format" when trying to open files created by the version I was running (same version number, 2.6.0.7.  I tried with a fresh install, and with an updated DB from bleeding edge (version 20.2605), and got the error both times.

Running in Linux, with wine, if it makes a difference.  (Bear in mind, I can run MIDS fine, it's just the "bleeding edge update! (2020-03-25)" version I have trouble with.

mids_error.png

Try this (if you haven't already, just trying to be thorough). Reinstall Mids as you had it before, then only copy the Data and Images folders from the current build into your install. The database changes don't require the client updates at this time, so that may solve the issue for you.

If you HAVE already done this (the fresh install you mentioned), then I'm not sure what could be causing the issue. What I would recommend is to go through the update's Data folder and one at a time copy over these files into your install, running Mids and trying to load a build between each one:
IObLx1s.png

That way maybe we can figure out if it's a specific database file that's causing the problem.

Also as a generality please remember that Mids doesn't officially support Linux. While it does have the download options, there's too many unknown factors to consider, including that lately people have been having trouble with Winetricks not installing .NET properly. We'll do what we can, but ultimately we may not be able to solve it all. For instance, the client changes made in this most recent update are boiled down to literally just a variable swap in a formula and some string edits. Who knows why that would cause an issue like this given that nothing should have touched the file loading itself.

Edited by Felis Noctu
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

I remember having this issue when i first started to run Mids' under Linux but this was before MRBU. I haven't opened my Mint in a long while.
I fixed it by setting winearch to 32-bit on a dedicated profile. Meaning you will have to redownload dependencies. To save you some time: if you install dotnet48 through winetricks it will also install all the previous editions of dotNet for you. Take a coffee, tea, whatever, it's a long walk but once you're done you don't have to worry about it anymore.
Check instructions here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/177192/how-do-i-create-a-32-bit-wine-prefix (you may add this to your .bashrc for permanent setup)

Thing is... i don't think we have yet a 32-bit build containing the updates (db + binaries)... It will run fine - at first glance at least - but it won't tell you the architecture don't match, even under Windows.
However you will notice shenanigans when you try to open a build, super weird errors will appear in this case.
As Feles said above, your best bet for now is to only update its data.

For checking OS/program architecture:

- Windows arch: Control Panel/System (keyboard shortcut: WinKey+Pause, since the "old" control panel in Win10 is kinda hidden... sadly)
- Mids' arch (Windows, when Mids' is running): Open the Task Manager, go to Details tab. Right click one any of the column header, choose "Select columns". Scroll down, almost to the bottom and check "Platform".

- Linux arch: in a terminal, enter uname -a, 64-bit OSes ID string contains "x86_64". Nerds may want to use nerdy stuff like uname -a | grep "x86_64" --color=always 🤪 (i hope memory serves... it's been a while)

- Mids' arch (Linux): ??? (unknown)

Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, Zed said:

I remember having this issue when i first started to run Mids' under Linux but this was before MRBU. I haven't opened my Mint in a long while.
I fixed it by setting winearch to 32-bit on a dedicated profile. Meaning you will have to redownload dependencies. To save you some time: if you install dotnet48 through winetricks it will also install all the previous editions of dotNet for you. Take a coffee, tea, whatever, it's a long walk but once you're done you don't have to worry about it anymore.
Check instructions here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/177192/how-do-i-create-a-32-bit-wine-prefix (you may add this to your .bashrc for permanent setup)

Thing is... i don't think we have yet a 32-bit build containing the updates (db + binaries)... It will run fine - at first glance at least - but it won't tell you the architecture don't match, even under Windows.
However you will notice shenanigans when you try to open a build, super weird errors will appear in this case.
As Feles said above, your best bet for now is to only update its data.

For checking OS/program architecture:

- Windows arch: Control Panel/System (keyboard shortcut: WinKey+Pause, since the "old" control panel in Win10 is kinda hidden... sadly)
- Mids' arch (Windows, when Mids' is running): Open the Task Manager, go to Details tab. Right click one any of the column header, choose "Select columns". Scroll down, almost to the bottom and check "Platform".

- Linux arch: in a terminal, enter uname -a, 64-bit OSes ID string contains "x86_64". Nerds may want to use nerdy stuff like uname -a | grep "x86_64" --color=always 🤪 (i hope memory serves... it's been a while)

- Mids' arch (Linux): ??? (unknown)

Hope this helps.

Thanks, that must be it, then.  My host OS (Linux) is 64-bit, but I'm running wine with a 32-bit profile, which was recommended somewhere last time I checked, hehe.  No biggie, I can wait until a 32-bit binary is published. 😄

21 hours ago, Indystruck said:

Brute Dark Armor Oppressive Gloom is listed in editor as taking Taunt sets, when it only takes Stun.

Opp Gloom, Cloak of Fear and Burn on Brutes and Tankers were changed in Page 4 to take regular Taunt enhancements, but not sets.

Fix for Tanker's Gauntlet messing up single target Proc Rate:

In the main database editor for each Tanker single target attack you want to fix, under (edit: Power Atrributes) set the Radius and Max Targets both to 0.

This effectively removes the gauntlet radius adding AoE to the ST attack and now the ST proc rate will be correct.

Edited by Caulderone

On 4/27/2020 at 1:43 PM, csr said:

I had an interesting bug occur with the latest release (3/26 11:20pm).  I opened a Stalker build (Fire/Rad/Soul) and it had Mystic Flight and Spirit Ward as both improperly placed (though neither was).  I tried swapping things around, but there was no combination that I could find to make it recognize them as legal.  In the process I removed the powers and put in Experimentation as a pool.  It showed Experimental Injection as being selected immediately despite the power being nowhere to be seen in the build.  I could not remove either the power or the pool.  I tried reinstalling the patch over the top of my existing setup but it made no difference.

ALL of my Stalker builds that use Force of Will or Sorcery have this same problem.  They have the first two powers chosen as invalid due to level and trying to change the order has no effect.  If you try to replace the pool with Experimentation it colors Experimental Injection green and tells you that you cannot remove inherent powers so that the pool is stuck in your build.

Not sure if this has been addressed or not but I've reinstalled Mids (v2.6.0.7) and extracted the latest release (not bleeding edge) into the install folder but I'm not seeing Experimentation nor any of the new enhancements inside the program itself. I check the data folder/pngs and everything seems to have transferred correctly and into the right places but all the powers/enhancements are still what was originally packed with 2.6.0.7.

Is there some other setting inside the program itself that may be preventing the new information from showing up?

Edit:

Nevermind, I think I see the problem. Some files are .JSON instead of .MHD. I noticed in the bleeding edge these are .MHD and will try that instead.

Edited by Dragotect

Hi there.

Fixes and updates in the bleeding edge channel today, some related to messages seen here.

On 5/2/2020 at 5:53 PM, csr said:

Opp Gloom, Cloak of Fear and Burn on Brutes and Tankers were changed in Page 4 to take regular Taunt enhancements, but not sets.

Fixed.

On 5/1/2020 at 3:15 PM, Caulderone said:

The Sentinel->Beam Rifle->Overload damage numbers on the DoT portion are way over.  Likely a decimal shift.  Easy fix.

Not exactly a decimal shift, scale versus damage isn't exactly a 10:1 factor or something like that. Fixed anyway !
Also a damage value was missing for PvE.

On 5/2/2020 at 7:55 PM, Caulderone said:

Fix for Tanker's Gauntlet messing up single target Proc Rate:

In the main database editor for each Tanker single target attack you want to fix, under set the Radius and Max Targets both to 0.

This effectively removes the gauntlet radius adding AoE to the ST attack and now the ST proc rate will be correct.

Done and thanks for the idea 😃

----------------------------------

21 hours ago, csr said:

ALL of my Stalker builds that use Force of Will or Sorcery have this same problem.  They have the first two powers chosen as invalid due to level and trying to change the order has no effect. 

I tried, can't reproduce the issue.

20 hours ago, Dragotect said:

Edit:

Nevermind, I think I see the problem. Some files are .JSON instead of .MHD. I noticed in the bleeding edge these are .MHD and will try that instead.

Fyi, the JSON files in the data-folder are auto-generated by Mids and are related to user configuration, not powers or enhancements data.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the work ya'll do on the updates.It is greatly appreciated. 

Just want to re-mention this bug,it really is annoying.

On 4/15/2020 at 8:11 AM, Sovera said:

A small bug HD has is that if we +3 an HO then ALL other enhancements we place afterwards will be +3. Nothing will fix this except placing an HO down to +0 which will then remove this behavior.

Hi, great work, much appreciated!

Now,

Is there any way to import build generated from the /buildsave command into this version of Mid's?

I seem to recall it worked a long time ago.

Even if some manual editing of the file is needed, I'd really like to do that.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

6 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Hi, great work, much appreciated!

Now,

Is there any way to import build generated from the /buildsave command into this version of Mid's?

I seem to recall it worked a long time ago.

Even if some manual editing of the file is needed, I'd really like to do that.

As far as i know, there has never been a way to do so.

Not sure either how the forum import work or that could be a way to bypass this limitation.