Mids' Reborn Unofficial (MRBU)

Felis Noctu

14 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

Options -> Configuration

Effects & Math (2nd tab) -> Suppression (box with lots of things in it)

Check the box marked "Attacked", click OK.

You are now "in combat" and the MP numbers should be correct.

To fix the Mind Link number:

Options->Advanced->Database Editor->Main Database Editor->Teamwork->Fortunata Teamwork->FRT_Mind_Link (double click or click Edit)

Effects Tab (3rd tab), for each of the Defense categories, double click it or click edit, change scale to 1.428 and magnitude to 1.0 (the field above it should end up showing 10%, I don't remember which I had to edit, should only be either scale or mag), click Ok.

Once you have done that for all defense categories, click OK, Save & Close, Close.

If you had a Fortunata build open, close and re-open it.  The ML number should now be correct.

Thank-you, I had no idea I could do that myself. Makes it much easier.

1 hour ago, Caulderone said:

To fix the Mind Link number:

Options->Advanced->Database Editor->Main Database Editor->Teamwork->Fortunata Teamwork->FRT_Mind_Link (double click or click Edit)

Effects Tab (3rd tab), for each of the Defense categories, double click it or click edit, change scale to 1.428 and magnitude to 1.0 (the field above it should end up showing 10%, I don't remember which I had to edit, should only be either scale or mag), click Ok.

Huh ? It is there already for me.

frt_mind_link.png.c118f628dcb646e9cda608bded2eb179.png

As for scale vs magnitude, the common behavior is magnitude=1, or very close to it if you want precise adjustements, for anything but mezzes.

4 hours ago, Aaronar said:

Mind Link is overstating how much defense it gives,

59 minutes ago, Zed said:

Huh ? It is there already for me.

Ah, I see what I did.  I had changed Mind Link to Scale 1.0 to get it to be 10% instead of 14.28.  Then, I did a bleeding edge update and forgot to change it back.

Zed, open a Fortunata in the planner.  You'll see it showing 14.28% to all instead of 10% to all.  I just checked it with the current bleeding edge.

I'm running into a challenge after downloading the update file. 

My PC assigned the blizzard downloader as the program that is supposed to open the download file (MRBU_I26P4_202003262320.7Z). So, whenever I tried to open the file the blizzard downloader would fire up, error messages would ensue, and the process would stop there. I switched to Notepad as the program to open up the download file and that didn't lead to a good result either. 

I tried right clicking with the mouse to see if an "extract" option would come up. But, it did not. 

I'm probably missing something very simple. Hopefully somebody can point out what that might be. 

Thank you in advance!

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney

The widow fixes don't seem to be working. Still showing way more defense than mindlink could ever grant. It would be also be nice if the widow/fort powers didn't include from hide damage.  Mids did at one point not count hide damage unless you had it toggled on.

edit: thanks to an above post which also was incorrect (atleast for me) i changed the scale to 1.0 and that display the correct values which I get ingame of 15.78% defense all mindlink.

Edited by Noyjitat

I have found a Weird™. (This is on a freshly downloaded version, right out of the repo today.)

On an */elec blaster, take Force of Thunder (the level 20 sustain power). Note that even though it's a self-buff power, there's no option to toggle the power on to show it's effects. Then, slot a self-affecting proc - I used Preventative Medicine. It will now have an option to toggle it on, because of the proc. Do so. Open up the totals window and look at the status tab - you now show as having -2 stun and -2.08 KB protection which are, not coincidentally, what that power applies to enemies. Is this a known issue? I went through the thread but may have missed it. (It does also apply the buff effects to Regen/Recov at the same time, too.)

My PC assigned the blizzard downloader as the program that is supposed to open the download file (MRBU_I26P4_202003262320.7Z). So, whenever I tried to open the file the blizzard downloader would fire up, error messages would ensue, and the process would stop there. I switched to Notepad as the program to open up the download file and that didn't lead to a good result either.

Also don't forget to associate .7z with 7-Zip (in Options > System)

On an */elec blaster, take Force of Thunder (the level 20 sustain power). Note that even though it's a self-buff power, there's no option to toggle the power on to show it's effects. Then, slot a self-affecting proc - I used Preventative Medicine. It will now have an option to toggle it on, because of the proc. Do so. Open up the totals window and look at the status tab - you now show as having -2 stun and -2.08 KB protection which are, not coincidentally, what that power applies to enemies. Is this a known issue? I went through the thread but may have missed it.

Weird™ indeed. And a new one.
By the way Weird applied to Mids is patent pending !

Edit:

Stalker > Radiation Armor > Fallout Shelter: available level fixed

Blaster > Electricity Manipulation > Force of Thunder: effects fixed, added toggle button

thanks to an above post which also was incorrect (atleast for me) i changed the scale to 1.0 and that display the correct values which I get ingame of 15.78% defense all mindlink.

I fixed that in a previous commit. Yesterday maybe ?

On the Weird stuff giving negative status protection, Super Reflexes Evasion on Tank (AoE defense toggle, taunt aura too) gives -4 taunt status protection.

Same issue as for Force of Thunder. Basically power is marked as autohit for caster so any effect you put in will affect self and target. Yeah i don't like it either.

Edited by Zed

8 hours ago, Bopper said:

Well, that is no more. I was digging through Ruby Red's API and happened to notice the Cast Time for Hail of Bullets showed 4.17s, and I checked in game and sure enough it was now 4.17s. And as I cast Hail of Bullets, sure enough it did not start the recharge clock until the animation finished (actually, I think it starts it about a half second before the animation ends).

Something else to update when you get the chance.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

20 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Something else to update when you get the chance.

That one should be fixed in the next day or two, schedules permitting. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Bleeding Edge update! (2020-05-11)

- Bleeding Edge and repack in Discord's #release-downloads have been updated with the following:

### Savage Melee

* All valid ATs > Blood Frenzy:

* Now properly allows scaling of endurance discount and recharge bonuses

* Description updated to match in-game

* Stalker > Hemorrhage: Proof of concept for providing modal changing effects utilizing special cases

* 0-4 stacks on power directly

* 5 stacks uses power redirect, activate with Quick Form (this is due to the DoTs adding +1sec & tick at 5 stacks)

* Description modified to note this new functionality

Zed, Bopper, and myself spent a fairly hefty chunk of time today pondering how we could get Savage Melee working correctly. The result of our labor is that Stalker Hemorrhage has been completely overhauled and barely resembles the power it was prior to this. This work represents a proof of concept for future Savage Melee changes (and inadvertently also reveals a doorway for fixing the assassination powers due to how similar they are in function).

We'd greatly appreciate anyone willing to mess around with Stalker Hemorrhage to make sure that the number crunching didn't melt our brains.

Easy Update Package:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YdloiX7aUNBB3gu3K0B4ozXfussXDUWm

mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

On 5/8/2020 at 5:33 PM, Redlynne said:

You may want to (have @Felis Noctu edit the OP to update this info then.

*dramatic gasp*

Are you implying I forgot something? Heavens!

• Haha 1

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

Sorry to bother but I have another Widow question. This time on Tactical Training: Assault. In game it provides resistance to Taunt/Placate but in the planner it gives protection with no resistance. Is this another situation where I need to manually adjust something?

10 hours ago, Aaronar said:

Sorry to bother but I have another Widow question. This time on Tactical Training: Assault. In game it provides resistance to Taunt/Placate but in the planner it gives protection with no resistance. Is this another situation where I need to manually adjust something?

Yeah.  I don't see any other way right now until one of Zed or Felis Noctu have time to edit it and push it out.

Not sure it is really worth the effort to do it for now, though, as it doesn't hurt anything since you know what it should be and it doesn't effect any other calculations.

Are Corruptor values right in the current version? I was doing a Dark/TA build and thought Life Drain seemed terrible. After comparing with someone elses figures in the thread it looks like Damage values for corruptors in my version (which says there are no updates) seem very low. 

dehydVsDrain.png.7d389e62c1afa425697087c5da59a237.png

dehydVsDrainDefender.thumb.png.c8ce314f546ccbf9813be95a3440a081.png

dehydVsDrainBlaster.png.96d7b87fdd4eeaccfc6f32f415bb192e.png

@Carnifax
This is something on our list to cover very soon. We recently fixed the class AT modifiers to assign the correct values to the right AT (oof), and now we have a few things we need to fix. Right now we're focused on the clusterf- that is Savage Melee, but values for Corruptor, Tanker, and Brute are all on the agenda as well.

If you aren't using it now, I recommend grabbing the Bleeding Edge/Easy Update Package. Things should look a bit better.

~ The Meowcronomicon

On 5/12/2020 at 11:10 AM, Aaronar said:

On 5/12/2020 at 9:40 PM, Caulderone said:

Yeah.  I don't see any other way right now until one of Zed or Felis Noctu have time to edit it and push it out.

Not sure it is really worth the effort to do it for now, though, as it doesn't hurt anything since you know what it should be and it doesn't effect any other calculations.

@AaronarIt's for the sake of effects' accuracy only. As @Caulderonesaid, it won't affect anything else and has no visible effect except in the Totals window.
Also, for the record, the same inconsistency was there for Arachnos Soldiers.

Updated !

6 hours ago, Frostweaver said:

Hey, @Felis Noctu?

Is there a reason Mids won't allow me to build a claws/stone brute?

Thanks.

Because we like to crush everyone's hopes and dreams.

In all seriousness, Mids won't let you because the game won't let you.

ByFg1KH.png

Edited by Felis Noctu

~ The Meowcronomicon