Solarverse's SFX Consolidated List of Mods

1 hour ago, Solarverse said:

Sorry, but that's not anything I offer. I offer Sound Mods only. You would have to ask a graphics modder that question. I honestly don't think that can be done though, I believe that is server side. We can only manipulate the things that are on client side.

Anything you see and hear can be modified client side, it's just a matter of finding the correct asset to replace. Yes, including walls. That's what my Visual Rosetta Stone is for.

I'm working on making a better linkage between some missing power textures now, but I think I have most, if not all, of the "world" textures already.

Edited by The Philotic Knight
  • Thanks 1
I'm out.

14 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Anything you see and hear can be modified client side, it's just a matter of finding the correct asset to replace. Yes, including walls. That's what my Visual Rosetta Stone is for.

I'm working on making a better linkage between some missing power textures now, but I think I have most, if not all, of the "world" textures already.

Did not realize we had access to world graphics, so that is good news. Thanks PK!

@Solarverse, AFAIK all sounds and graphics are local, because it would be way too much data to try to push during runtime, it'd  really slow down an MMO if everyone was fetching assets all the time from the server. The server just keeps track of player movement, character data, etc.

• Thanks 1
I'm out.

6 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Sorry, but that's not anything I offer. I offer Sound Mods only. You would have to ask a graphics modder that question. I honestly don't think that can be done though, I believe that is server side. We can only manipulate the things that are on client side.

Oh, I know it can be done. A friend of mine send me this folder to put in Data. But it only have the pictures that he find relaxing. And I want put pictures of my favorite shows and, why not, some hot celebrities. lol 

world.jpg

7 minutes ago, captainstar said:

Oh, I know it can be done. A friend of mine send me this folder to put in Data. But it only have the pictures that he find relaxing. And I want put pictures of my favorite shows and, why not, some hot celebrities. lol 

world.jpg

All good and glad to hear it. I'm just saying that is not my forte, heh. But Philotic Knight has you covered there it would seem.

12 hours ago, captainstar said:

And just an idea. If Cosmic and  Knight work together maybe they can do a cooler laser bean eyes. 😁

If you check out the Power Rad Blast Mod, it has a really good SFX for X-Ray and Laser Beam Eyes.

Check this out at 3:57 in.

@Solarverse or others, is there some kind soul out there who could make a very low-volume sound for Radiation Melee's Irradiated Ground toggle? It is just very loud, and sounds like a whole bubbly sauna is following you around everywhere. I'd be forever grateful!

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

One thing I would like to see is a replacement for the MM bots' footfalls. Apparently, no Robotics MM has ever thought of putting rubber pads on their bots' feet so they a) don't make as much noise running around, and b) get better traction. Unfortunately, since there are -- at least for players -- a number of different footfall sounds for the different surfaces you run on, I don't know how many of these would need to be updated to quiet the bots as they run around.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 9:00 AM, Solarverse said:

@Bolt of Purity

That mod for Jacobs ladder is finished. Look for Jacob's Ladder SFX Booster Mod on the CoH Modder Tool! Enjoy!

Finally gave this a try and it's so much better than the original! Actually has some oomph now instead of the fizzle that was the old one, thanks mate 👍

On a side note, I got a big FPS hit after installing the modder tool and a few mods...it may just have been a coincidence though as I haven't played in a few months and there's been a few patches in between. Turning my graphics settings down has helped some...but that's for another forum 🙂

Hello, I have some suggestions for sound effects. One of these songs I managed to transform into an ogg file and exchange it for another file that was in a folder. But with others it will take some cutting, and I am not an expert on this. Thank you in advance.

Repulsion bomb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0gB369NYFA&list=PLrrmyU6ETIsfG-TIlcNLsUBtTemGRhCba&index=20

Laser beam eyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDtFT7lnJ5w&list=PLrrmyU6ETIsfG-TIlcNLsUBtTemGRhCba&index=22

Teleport sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7k6ms74LFw&list=PLrrmyU6ETIsfG-TIlcNLsUBtTemGRhCba&index=28

Grandville map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h10x5oShFs8

Level up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjjkHg5FOhk

Atlas Park Theme:

On 11/14/2020 at 4:27 AM, Bolt of Purity said:

Finally gave this a try and it's so much better than the original! Actually has some oomph now instead of the fizzle that was the old one, thanks mate 👍

On a side note, I got a big FPS hit after installing the modder tool and a few mods...it may just have been a coincidence though as I haven't played in a few months and there's been a few patches in between. Turning my graphics settings down has helped some...but that's for another forum 🙂

Did you get your FPS issue figured out? A sound mod to the best of my knowledge wouldn't have anything to do with that. I could be wrong, but it shouldn't.

On 11/13/2020 at 11:46 PM, Force Redux said:

@Solarverse or others, is there some kind soul out there who could make a very low-volume sound for Radiation Melee's Irradiated Ground toggle? It is just very loud, and sounds like a whole bubbly sauna is following you around everywhere. I'd be forever grateful!

I took a stab at this earlier and or the life of my could not find the files for that. I found what I thought were the files, the sounds even matched up, but it wasn't it. Technically that is a pet, so that may have something to do with it. Unless @The Philotic Knight has a solution to this, I'm at a loss. I rarely have issues finding these sounds, but this one is eluding me.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Solarverse said:

I took a stab at this earlier and or the life of my could not find the files for that. I found what I thought were the files, the sounds even matched up, but it wasn't it. Technically that is a pet, so that may have something to do with it. Unless @The Philotic Knight has a solution to this, I'm at a loss. I rarely have issues finding these sounds, but this one is eluding me.

Okay thank you Solarverse for letting me know. I'll just have to learn to live with it for now 😁😁

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

6 hours ago, Force Redux said:

Okay thank you Solarverse for letting me know. I'll just have to learn to live with it for now 😁😁

I see three sounds associated with that power, @Force Redux @Solarverse:

image.thumb.png.3ef8de396c2091a902b59531c0403c60.png

One in the power itself, and two in the associated pet:

• SOUND\OGG\POWERS\RADINFECT1
  • SOUND\OGG\WEAPONS\POISONGAS1_LOOP
  • SOUND\OGG\THORNS\TORCH2_LOOP

Did you try all three of these?

I'm out.

8 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

I see three sounds associated with that power, @Force Redux @Solarverse:

image.thumb.png.3ef8de396c2091a902b59531c0403c60.png

One in the power itself, and two in the associated pet:

• SOUND\OGG\POWERS\RADINFECT1
  • SOUND\OGG\WEAPONS\POISONGAS1_LOOP
  • SOUND\OGG\THORNS\TORCH2_LOOP

Did you try all three of these?

No, what I found said fry_loop. enervating2_loop and radinfect1.

What are you using to find them by name? I have to scroll through Rosetta stone to find them and 95% of the time have no problem, but it seems you have a way to search the power by name? What program are you using to do that?

2 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

@Solarverse no special program, I just used the filters that you can see at the top header line and filtered the sheet by power name, as you can see in my screenshot.

Okay, seems like I tried that before early on when I first got the program and I must have done something wrong because it acted like it was overwriting the sheet. I'll give it another go. Thanks, man.

14 hours ago, Force Redux said:

Okay, download the Power Rad Blast (v32) and see how you like that. Get back with me and let me know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Philotic Knight said:

@Solarverse no special program, I just used the filters that you can see at the top header line and filtered the sheet by power name, as you can see in my screenshot.

Odd, mine looks nothing like yours. I do not have a "Power Name" option to chose from.

odd.thumb.png.e0f908446c7027e9b5f01aa4cd582e4f.png

Nope, still having issues. I am not understanding why yours is more detailed than mine when we have downloaded the same file. I cannot find any option to enable the Power Name drop down.

Edited by Solarverse

5 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

@Solarverse what version number is the file named? We're up to version 5, which contains several worksheets (tabs) in the same workbook (file).

That is the version that I am using. However, I noticed when opening the file directly from the Downloads, it tells me this...

AAA.png.7988c1303ea5e967f2da0e16a44bed30.png

So of course I have no choice but to click Yes...and then I read this after it attempts to recover the unreadable content...

AAAA.png.1dafd4f2679ee5bcc4e0e1df0e809f01.png

So when I view the log file to see what Excel was doing, I see this...

AAAAA.thumb.png.1bdecf18a75bff97038d09a23422716a.png

Could my Excel be out of date for this? Is there another program that works better for this than Microsoft Excel?