Solarverse's SFX Consolidated List of Mods

21 hours ago, Solarverse said:

It's an NPC sound effect. Same sound effect as the Skyraiders Drone.

Thanks for pointing me in this direction.

The hover/jets sound on the Gun Drone is : SOUND\OGG\ENEMIES\JETPACK2_LOOP.OGG

Still working on locating the explode noise. Most likely a generic sound for most destruction explosions. Testing them out. 

1 hour ago, damienray said:

Thanks for pointing me in this direction.

The hover/jets sound on the Gun Drone is : SOUND\OGG\ENEMIES\JETPACK2_LOOP.OGG

Still working on locating the explode noise. Most likely a generic sound for most destruction explosions. Testing them out. 

Two minds are better than one.  Good information, appreciate you sharing it.

I went on a bit of an installing spree, not gonna lie. Nothing installed that interfered with anything else (I thought).

Just downloaded the "All (v1) mod and now CoH Modder is slapping me, repeatedly, with an application error of how it can't find mod '' in the server mod list in C:\Projects\CoH Modder\ CoH Modder\Main Form.cs:line 792

I don't have a Projects folder containing 2 CoH Modder sub-folders nested in themselves.

Please advise?

On 3/2/2021 at 11:47 PM, Steampunkette said:

I went on a bit of an installing spree, not gonna lie. Nothing installed that interfered with anything else (I thought).

Just downloaded the "All (v1) mod and now CoH Modder is slapping me, repeatedly, with an application error of how it can't find mod '' in the server mod list in C:\Projects\CoH Modder\ CoH Modder\Main Form.cs:line 792

I don't have a Projects folder containing 2 CoH Modder sub-folders nested in themselves.

Please advise?

Hmmm, never heard of that one, it for sure sounds like some mods have interfered with others. Only suggestion I can make is delete all mods and only download the mods you want. Downloaded all mods will most certainly have issues. I myself have a few mods that conflict because they are different sounds for the same powers. For example, I have two Beam Rifle SFX Mods. One makes your Beam Rifle sound like the Terminator's Plasma Rifles, the other is more of a Generic Sci Fi SFX sound.

• 2 months later
On 3/25/2020 at 1:15 PM, Solarverse said:

WARNING!!!

These SFX Mods are designed for the Game to play back only! City of Heroes plays back the volume at a much different level than the actual file has them set to. In the event that you wish to play them back manually, NEVER play back these sound files in any way without first turning the volume down on your Laptop/PC. The game plays back volumes at a far lower level than your PC/Laptop will, and if you play back the files without first turning down your volume, you can possibly cause damage to your speakers!

Star Wars Blaster SFX!

(Detailed Explanation)

Modified: (Corrected issue where Bullet Rain SFX had one extra bullet fire that should not have been there.) 3/25/2020

Okay Star Wars fans, here it is! If you want to hear your pistols sound like Blasters from Star Wars, I finally have it completed. This one was not easy at all, especially since I had to time the blaster rapid fire with three different rapid fire sound effects from Dual Wield, but persistence is something I have always been good at! It is now completed and ready for your enjoyment! Enjoy!

Instructions (Destructions?)

• First, unzip the file beneath the instructions and open the folder.
  • Find your City of Heroes folder and open it up.

(If you see a Data Folder)

• Open the Data Folder.
  • Open the Sound Folder
  • Open the Ogg Folder
  • Open the Powers Folder
  • Copy all files from opened Zip file and drag them to the Powers Folder
  • Close all folders and restart game

(If you do not have a Data Folder or any other folder mentioned above!)

• Inside the City of Heroes Folder...
  • Create a Folder and name it Data
  • Open the Data Folder and create another folder and name it Sound
  • Open the Sound Folder and create yet another folder and name it Ogg
  • Open the Ogg Folder and you've guessed it, create a folder and name it Powers
  • Copy all files from the opened Zip file that I have provided and drag all of the files to the Powers Folder
  • Close all folders and restart game

If you have some of the folders mentioned above, but some folders are missing, then create the missing folders and place them in order of how they are listed above. Once finished, copy and drag the files from the Zip folder below and place them inside the Powers Folder. Then close the City of Heroes Folder and restart the game.

Zip file and preview below. Enjoy!

Star Wars Dual Wield SFX Mod.zip 401.22 kB · 154 downloads

All work great! for the exception "Hail Of Bullets" that one isn't pulling the SFX file. Makes my Mandalorain SOOOOOO much more epic!!! now if I could get a proper armor set lol

Edited by CrankyMando

1 hour ago, CrankyMando said:

All work great! for the exception "Hail Of Bullets" that one isn't pulling the SFX file. Makes my Mandalorain SOOOOOO much more epic!!! now if I could get a proper armor set lol

I'll look in to it sometime tomorrow. Last time I played it worked, but it's possible the Devs might have changed something that might require a new name for the file.

1 hour ago, CrankyMando said:

Okay, so I logged in and checked it out and the Devs changed it. It used to have a much longer duration and they cut the duration down and changed the sound file used. So since they did that and they don't tell us what they switch them to, I am going to have to poke around in the files to see if I can locate it. I'll post back here when I have finished and update the mod on CoH Modder Tool.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Okay, so I logged in and checked it out and the Devs changed it. It used to have a much longer duration and they cut the duration down and changed the sound file used. So since they did that and they don't tell us what they switch them to, I am going to have to poke around in the files to see if I can locate it. I'll post back here when I have finished and update the mod on CoH Modder Tool.

Looking forward to it, this was amazing! I have been using it all night lol Now if I just had proper armor and jetpack sound lol 

14 hours ago, CrankyMando said:

Looking forward to it, this was amazing! I have been using it all night lol Now if I just had proper armor and jetpack sound lol 

Delete the current Mercs Terminator Mod and take it out of your saved files as well. Once you do that, look for it to download it again. It's Mercs Terminator SFX Mod (v10)

The Devs shortened the duration so they had to use a different sound file for full auto due to the original file having a longer duration than the new animation. It has been adjusted and fixed on the mod as well and will now work as intended.

On 3/2/2021 at 9:33 AM, Dynamo-Joe said:

I just wanted to say thank you - I've been using your Beam Rifle sound pack for my main: 

(This guy - Dynamo Joe RX-90)

PH6dfik.png

That heavy impact energy sound has become ESSENTIAL to the fun of playing my big Gundam style mecha! So much so that on a recent re-install of the game on a new computer - I booted up the game, brought Dynamo Joe up - took a shot at an enemy, then heard the old sound effect and shut down the game again to come back here and set up the Beam Rifle sound pack again before continuing play! 

It's THAT good! I don't think even authentic Gundam Beam Rifle sounds would work so well - because the game power set does more than just shoot. There are strafes and snipes and "full auto" that your sound pack covers so well! 

So again - thanks a bunch! 

You are VERY welcome. It really warms my heart that you get so much enjoyment out of it. Thank you for that.  🙂

On 3/2/2021 at 11:47 PM, Steampunkette said:

Please advise?

Hmmm...do you know which mod it was that caused it to go boom? I might be able to replicate it and create a fix for it. However, to be honest, from the looks of that destination folder, that looks more like a modder tool issue rather than the mod itself. And sorry it took so long to reply, I have not been around for awhile.

Edited by Solarverse

7 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Hmmm...do you know which mod it was that caused it to go boom? I might be able to replicate it and create a fix for it. However, to be honest, from the looks of that destination folder, that looks more like a modder tool issue rather than the mod itself. And sorry it took so long to reply, I have not been around for awhile.

Fixed it months ago, actually.

Wound up just clicking "No" every time the program tried to close until it gave up on closing, then uninstalled the overlapping mod.

Problem solved.

On 5/14/2021 at 8:02 AM, Steampunkette said:

Fixed it months ago, actually.

Wound up just clicking "No" every time the program tried to close until it gave up on closing, then uninstalled the overlapping mod.

Problem solved.

Makes me wonder which mod that was and which mod it was overlapping with so that I can put a warning in the description of the two mods. There is only one mod that I have that I only load when I play the set associated with that mod and that is the Lightsaber mod for Katana and Dual Blades. Is it possible that you downloaded somebody else's mod and it overlapped with one of mine? For an example, there are a few Banshee Mods out there, but only one of them were custom built by me. I think there are a few mods for Beam Rifle and Assault Rifle as well that could possibly overlap. Or, like PK could be saying below, it could be an issue with the program itself.

Edited by Solarverse

On 5/14/2021 at 11:50 AM, Solarverse said:

Makes me wonder which mod that was and which mod it was overlapping with so that I can put a warning in the description of the two mods. There is only one mod that I have that I only load when set associated with that mod and that is the Lightsaber mod for Katana and Dual Blades. Is it possible that you downloaded somebody elses mod and it overlapped with one of mine? For an example, there are a few Banshee Mods out there, but only one of them were custom built by me.

I'm more curious to see if the issue can be produced at-will. Because if someone can do that, then I can fix the bug. I'd rather fix the bug than have to have "warnings" on mods. Because obviously it's a bug in my code somewhere that caused that issue, but it's the only time I've heard of it.

• Like 1
I'm out.

19 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

than have to have "warnings" on mods.

Honestly though, there are a few mods out there that can overlap somebody else's. There are at least two sonic blast mods out there from two different people as well as Beam Rifle and Assault Rifle. So if somebody downloaded those mods but did not uninstall one before installing the other, it will indeed cause an issue for them in game. I think the mods that have similar mods should probably have some type of a heads up in the description, wouldn't you think?

Not sure what you mean by conflict. If you mean two mods affect the same files, then sure of course thst can happen, but it shouldn't break anything or cause errors. The second sound file will just replace the first, and the user can know that if they wish by reading the XML file inside the mod.

I don't think it behooves mod authors to investigate ALL other mods to see if any other mods MIGHT conflict with theirs. That's just... kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

• Like 2
I'm out.

10 hours ago, The Philotic Knight said:

Not sure what you mean by conflict. If you mean two mods affect the same files, then sure of course thst can happen, but it shouldn't break anything or cause errors. The second sound file will just replace the first, and the user can know that if they wish by reading the XML file inside the mod.

I don't think it behooves mod authors to investigate ALL other mods to see if any other mods MIGHT conflict with theirs. That's just... kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I mean, Nexus Mods don't come with warnings like that either, so...then there is that.

So, there's one sound in the game I find particularly annoying, because of how I bind my power activations. That *hoorb* sound you get when trying to activate a power that is still recharging. Anybody know where that file is? I'd like to try making a mod to eliminate it myself (not eliminate the file, I'm sure that would cause problems, just replace it with a silent soundfile), though I must admit I have not managed to successfully make any of my own mods as of yet, and would be content if anyone else made such a mod.

19 hours ago, Starhammer said:

So, there's one sound in the game I find particularly annoying, because of how I bind my power activations. That *hoorb* sound you get when trying to activate a power that is still recharging. Anybody know where that file is? I'd like to try making a mod to eliminate it myself (not eliminate the file, I'm sure that would cause problems, just replace it with a silent soundfile), though I must admit I have not managed to successfully make any of my own mods as of yet, and would be content if anyone else made such a mod.

I have a mod for that, I have time stamped this at around 8 seconds, but if you listen at 10 seconds in, you will hear the mod. It is barely noticeable and it may save you time on creating your own. If you like it, it is located in the CoH Modder Tool. If you don't like it, let me know and I'll give you the sound file for this and its location.

On 5/30/2021 at 2:48 AM, Solarverse said:

I have a mod for that, I have time stamped this at around 8 seconds, but if you listen at 10 seconds in, you will hear the mod. It is barely noticeable and it may save you time on creating your own. If you like it, it is located in the CoH Modder Tool. If you don't like it, let me know and I'll give you the sound file for this and its location.

If I'm hearing the right thing, that's not bad, though I'm really hoping for completely silent. Also, I already use the Terminator SFX mod for Beam Rifle, and enjoy that quite a bit, so I'd prefer to keep it.