Solarverse's SFX Consolidated List of Mods

On 7/17/2021 at 9:28 PM, smnolimits41 said:

its alright i figured it out, guess i was thinking that it would have the sound effects for when they transform

That mod has actually been updated. I think you'll love the changes. Just uninstall the old mod and pick up the newest version. 😉

REQUEST: Removing the persistent humming from Stone Armor's Crystal Armor power. I just got it, and oh no, can't deal with that constant sound everywhere. The build up sound is fine, but the consistent part.. ah. And perhaps the same treatment for Minerals - I haven't gotten it yet, but I think it has a similar consistent sound effect. ...And for the Speed Phase power?

I'd do it myself, but I'm not sure how to even see the sound files -- my data/sound/ogg/powers only lists modified sound files Ive downloaded =/

Edited by AxerJ

10 hours ago, AxerJ said:

REQUEST: Removing the persistent humming from Stone Armor's Crystal Armor power. I just got it, and oh no, can't deal with that constant sound everywhere. The build up sound is fine, but the consistent part.. ah. And perhaps the same treatment for Minerals - I haven't gotten it yet, but I think it has a similar consistent sound effect. ...And for the Speed Phase power?

I'd do it myself, but I'm not sure how to even see the sound files -- my data/sound/ogg/powers only lists modified sound files Ive downloaded =/

Would you like the sound halved in volume or just removed all together?

On 1/3/2022 at 11:07 AM, Solarverse said:

Would you like the sound halved in volume or just removed all together?

Gah, that is so nice of you. I'd prefer the pulsating, continuous sound from Crystal Armor (Stalker set, not sure if that matters? New proliferation) removed altogether. Minerals could be reduced by 75%. Also, just got Brimstone Armor, and its continuous sfx could be cut by 75% too. Speed Phase's sfx after its start-up could be zeroed.  But Crystal Armor is most important to me. So generous of you, thank you! And I really appreciate your thread - I have several of the sound mods, and they've made the game significantly more enjoyable!

Edited by AxerJ
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

@Sovera and @AxerJ

Enjoy!

I have but one thanks to give. Someone hire you for SFX duties, Solar. I'm not sure who thought it would be a grand idea to have a perpetual crystalline humming and rumbling and burping. I'm okay with the toggles having an activation noise, but not 24/7.

I'll test and let you know how it feels.

19 minutes ago, Sovera said:

I have but one thanks to give. Someone hire you for SFX duties, Solar. I'm not sure who thought it would be a grand idea to have a perpetual crystalline humming and rumbling and burping. I'm okay with the toggles having an activation noise, but not 24/7.

I'll test and let you know how it feels.

I play at very loud volumes, so try it at your preferred volume and see how it works for you. Those sounds can be adjusted.

Ii for one love the continuous sounds, but I understand why others don't and completely understand why that is not everyone's cup of tea. It's kind of what got me doing these to begin with, I got tired of watching sounds vanish one by one over the years and decided, "Why can't both parties have what they want?" so in began my research in how to create mods. My particular favorite is the Transformers mod for Robot MM's.  😉 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/17/2021 at 9:28 PM, smnolimits41 said:

its alright i figured it out, guess i was thinking that it would have the sound effects for when they transform

You mean like this?  🙂  It's been updated.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just wanted to chime in that the Stone Armor SFX is perfect. Even Mudpots burping and wheezing calms down after the activation and it and Crystal Armor with the humming were the bigger culprits.

Good job, Solar, and thanks for the help you're kind enough to offer.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SableShrike said:

Heya, Solar.

Been maining my Shade and the drone on Inky Aspect is annoying.

Would it be possible to have it fade/make it silent?

I'll look in to it and get back with you when I have something.

• Thumbs Up 1

@SableShrike

Which one of these (or both?) are the culprit/culprits of the sound you don't like? There are actually two that are combined to make the singular sound that you hear in game.

On 1/19/2022 at 1:56 AM, SableShrike said:

Sound #2 for sure!

It's probly the resonance that NASA's  recorded from black holes, but IT. NEVER. STOPS.

Mod has been made. Look for Inky Aspect Silenced Mod on the CoH Modder Tool.

• Thanks 1

Is this the right place to make a request for a sound?

I have silenced the Portal in Portal Corp. I wouldn't mind the sound if it faded out after a couple seconds, but I can't stand having to listen to it on loop when, for whatever reason, I have to wait by the portal for my team or something. Would love to instead have a less annoying sound instead of silence, but silence is better than the original.

I didn't see any such specific environmental effects in the list, just power sets and zone music. Did I miss it? Or does anyone have such an .ogg I could use? Just.. something that can be a portal sound but isn't so annoying as the default one. 🙂

I also had to silence the Peacebringer hum from flight. Again, I would't mind if it faded out after a few seconds, but I'm literally almost always flying, and I can't stand to hear it *all* the time.

Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask. And thanks in advance for your help!

Coloden.png

35 minutes ago, kwsapphire said:

Is this the right place to make a request for a sound?

I have silenced the Portal in Portal Corp. I wouldn't mind the sound if it faded out after a couple seconds, but I can't stand having to listen to it on loop when, for whatever reason, I have to wait by the portal for my team or something. Would love to instead have a less annoying sound instead of silence, but silence is better than the original.

I didn't see any such specific environmental effects in the list, just power sets and zone music. Did I miss it? Or does anyone have such an .ogg I could use? Just.. something that can be a portal sound but isn't so annoying as the default one. 🙂

I also had to silence the Peacebringer hum from flight. Again, I would't mind if it faded out after a few seconds, but I'm literally almost always flying, and I can't stand to hear it *all* the time.

Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask. And thanks in advance for your help!

Only the Devs have control over fading sounds. What I can do is either turn the volume down on those sounds, or change them to something less intrusive. I'll look in to the Portal one and see if I have something or can whip up something that is a lot easier on the ears and get back with you. I think I have the sound just for it, I'll have to see if it fits before I make it a mod though. So check back within the next day or two.

3 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

What I can do is either turn the volume down on those sounds, or change them to something less intrusive. I'll look in to the Portal one and see if I have something or can whip up something that is a lot easier on the ears and get back with you. I think I have the sound just for it, I'll have to see if it fits before I make it a mod though. So check back within the next day or two.

Something less intrusive would be amazing, thank you! I may only find the original sound so annoying because there are SO MANY sounds overlapping each other - there's train tracks sound, the buzzing sound, the wibbly wobbly sound, plus two or three more layered in I think? My goodness, it's just too much. ;D Thank you so much for taking a stab at it! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Coloden.png

On 1/23/2022 at 3:37 PM, kwsapphire said:

Something less intrusive would be amazing, thank you! I may only find the original sound so annoying because there are SO MANY sounds overlapping each other - there's train tracks sound, the buzzing sound, the wibbly wobbly sound, plus two or three more layered in I think? My goodness, it's just too much. ;D Thank you so much for taking a stab at it! 

This mod may affect other aspects of the game, so far I have discovered none, but that doesn't mean that you won't find at least something, somewhere. However, here is a video of the mod and you can find it on the CoH Modder Tool.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Solarverse said:

This mod may affect other aspects of the game, so far I have discovered none, but that doesn't mean that you won't find at least something, somewhere. However, here is a video of the mod and you can find it on the CoH Modder Tool.

Outstanding, thank you so much!! This is perfect! 

• Thanks 1

Coloden.png