Jump to content
Solarverse

Solarverse's SFX Consolidated List of Mods

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I just replaced ScreamPBAOE with silence, and now I do hear the taunt (the female version in my case). Maybe it's just more subtle on females because I didn't hear it in the first test before I silenced ScreamPBAOE.

 

I have subsequently silenced FemTaunt2 and now Dreadful Wail is complete silent for me.

If you were able to modify ScreamPBAOE.ogg with silence and actually get silence in game, that means it actually can be modified, that it is not server side, and that the game uses two SFX files simultaneously to produce the desired SFX.

This is good news!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One minor clarification: It is only completely silent now if I don't hit any enemies. If enemies are in range, I hear the sonichit2 sound when it hits them.

 

The paths for the two sounds I silenced are (starting from the data folder):

 

data\sound\Ogg\Powers\ScreamPBAOE.ogg

data\sound\Ogg\Player\FemTaunt2.ogg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bon au final j’ai fait la vidéo dans la foule ^^

Si certains sur envie de regarder la vidéo pour me donner leur avis 😉

Je mets le zip en dessous au cas où lol.

 

Well in the end I made the video in the crowd ^^

If some people want to watch the video to give me their opinion 😉

I put the zip underneath in case lol.

 

 

https://youtu.be/K09qyfGujyo

 

 

Screamer.zip

Edited by Blyzzard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

One minor clarification: It is only completely silent now if I don't hit any enemies. If enemies are in range, I hear the sonichit2 sound when it hits them.

 

The paths for the two sounds I silenced are (starting from the data folder):

 

data\sound\Ogg\Powers\ScreamPBAOE.ogg

data\sound\Ogg\Player\FemTaunt2.ogg

Then that would be everything @Blyzzard needs to complete his/her Mod.

So, here are all the files required to modify the Dreadful Wail SFX

 

  1. ScreamPBAOE.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\ScreamPBAOE.ogg
  2. sonichit2.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\sonichit2.ogg
  3. FemTaunt2.ogg *For Females* (path: Data\Sound\Player\FemTaunt2.ogg
  4. MaleTaunt2.ogg *For Males* (path: Data\Sound\Player\MaleTaunt2.ogg

    Great minds coming together to help a fellow player out. This is what City of Heroes is all about! Thanks for stepping in, @AboveTheChemist!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Blyzzard said:

Bon au final j’ai fait la vidéo dans la foule ^^

Si certains sur envie de regarder la vidéo pour me donner leur avis 😉

Je mets le zip en dessous au cas où lol.

 

Well in the end I made the video in the crowd ^^

If some people want to watch the video to give me their opinion 😉

I put the zip underneath in case lol.

 

https://youtu.be/4nANEtPNQ2c

 

 

 

 

Screamer.zip 370.04 kB · 1 download

Real quick, making videos of City of Heroes is (as of right now) against the EULA and can get you banned. I suggest deleting the video and remaking it by blacking the video portion out so it plays sound only....this is allowed. Good luck!

P.S. I like it! Be sure to upload it to the CoH Modd Tool!

Edited by Solarverse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Real quick, making videos of City of Heroes is (as of right now) against the EULA and can get you banned. I suggest deleting the video and remaking it by blacking the video portion out so it plays sound only....this is allowed. Good luck!

P.S. I like it! Be sure to upload it to the CoH Modd Tool!

ha... ok thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Then that would be everything @Blyzzard needs to complete his/her Mod.

So, here are all the files required to modify the Dreadful Wail SFX

 

  1. ScreamPBAOE.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\ScreamPBAOE.ogg
  2. sonichit2.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\sonichit2.ogg
  3. FemTaunt2.ogg *For Females* (path: Data\Sound\Player\FemTaunt2.ogg
  4. MaleTaunt2.ogg *For Males* (path: Data\Sound\Player\MaleTaunt2.ogg

    Great minds coming together to help a fellow player out. This is what City of Heroes is all about! Thanks for stepping in, @AboveTheChemist!

Ha intéressant 🙂

Donc comment je dois faire ?

 

Comme ça ?

1) FemTaunt2.ogg *For Females* (path: Data\Sound\Player\FemTaunt2.ogg

    sonichit2.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\sonichit2.ogg

    ScreamPBAOE.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\ScreamPBAOE.ogg

 

2) MaleTaunt2.ogg *For Males* (path: Data\Sound\Player\MaleTaunt2.ogg

    sonichit2.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\sonichit2.ogg

    ScreamPBAOE.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\ScreamPBAOE.ogg

 

Si oui donnez moi les fichiers .ogg et je le fais, mais techniquement ce ne sont que des hurlements donc homme ou femme ce n'est pas important personne ne fera la différence lol.

 

NB : j'ai changé la video dans mon post initial l'image est noire, et il n'y a que le son. Si je peux finir mon mod je referais une vidéo complète et définitive.

 

 


Ha interesting 🙂

So how do I do it?

 

Like this?

1) FemTaunt2.ogg *For Females* (path: Data\Sound\Player\FemTaunt2.ogg

    sonichit2.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\sonichit2.ogg

    ScreamPBAOE.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\ScreamPBAOE.ogg

 

2) MaleTaunt2.ogg *For Males* (path: Data\Sound\Player\MaleTaunt2.ogg

    sonichit2.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\sonichit2.ogg

    ScreamPBAOE.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\ScreamPBAOE.ogg

 

If so give me the .ogg files and I'll do it, but technically it's just screaming so man or woman it doesn't matter no one will make the difference lol.

 

NB : I changed the video in my initial post the image is black, and there is only the sound. If I can finish my mod I will make a complete and definitive video.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Blyzzard said:

Ha intéressant 🙂

Donc comment je dois faire ?

 

Comme ça ?

1) FemTaunt2.ogg *For Females* (path: Data\Sound\Player\FemTaunt2.ogg

    sonichit2.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\sonichit2.ogg

    ScreamPBAOE.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\ScreamPBAOE.ogg

 

2) MaleTaunt2.ogg *For Males* (path: Data\Sound\Player\MaleTaunt2.ogg

    sonichit2.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\sonichit2.ogg

    ScreamPBAOE.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\ScreamPBAOE.ogg

 

Si oui donnez moi les fichiers .ogg et je le fais, mais techniquement ce ne sont que des hurlements donc homme ou femme ce n'est pas important personne ne fera la différence lol.

 

NB : j'ai changé la video dans mon post initial l'image est noire, et il n'y a que le son. Si je peux finir mon mod je referais une vidéo complète et définitive.

 

 


Ha interesting 🙂

So how do I do it?

 

Like this?

1) FemTaunt2.ogg *For Females* (path: Data\Sound\Player\FemTaunt2.ogg

    sonichit2.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\sonichit2.ogg

    ScreamPBAOE.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\ScreamPBAOE.ogg

 

2) MaleTaunt2.ogg *For Males* (path: Data\Sound\Player\MaleTaunt2.ogg

    sonichit2.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\sonichit2.ogg

    ScreamPBAOE.ogg (path: Data\Sound\Powers\ScreamPBAOE.ogg

 

If so give me the .ogg files and I'll do it, but technically it's just screaming so man or woman it doesn't matter no one will make the difference lol.

 

NB : I changed the video in my initial post the image is black, and there is only the sound. If I can finish my mod I will make a complete and definitive video.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

No, you would only need the .ogg file and change the name of the file to the associated Sound Effect. You would not need Sonichit2 twice, you would only need one of each. So it would look something like this;

 

Femtaunt2

sonichit2

ScreamPBAOE

MaleTaunt2

 

Just make sure the files go to the correct folder and you're good to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NEW IMPROVEMENTS NOW AVAILABLE

Updated Mods listed with current versions

If your version does not match, please update to the latest version

If you are happy with what you have, ignore and keep what you have.

 

 

Flight Realistic SFX Mod (v4)
Kinetic Melee Soul Mage Mod (v2)

Lightning Improved SFX Mod (v2)

Psionic Blast Movie SFX Mod (v2)

Slight Claws Adjustments Mod (v4)

Terminator Plasma Rifle SFX for Beam Rifle (v6)

Frozen Foot Stomp SFX Mod (v2)

Hasten Optional SFX (v2)

Merc Terminator SFX Mod (v3)

OG Male Taunt (v2)

Psionic Blast Movie SFX Mod (v6)

Aggressive Savage Melee (v4)

 

Edited by Solarverse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Solarverse - EXTRA SPECIAL REQUEST, if I may?

 

Can you recreate- restore the ORIGINAL fulcrum shift sound?

 

The one that Sounded like Siphon Power on Steroids?  It seems like the old FS sound was just the sound from siphon power with multiple responses.

It sounded awesome.

 

I'm thinking it's a simple extract and rename.

Any who I looked up the files In the Rosetta stone

 

How do I turn this

 

powers\kinetics\kinsiphonpower.fx  = sound\ogg\powers\kinetic2
powers\kinetics\kinsiphonpowerhit.fx  = sound\ogg\powers\kinetic 4

 

into this?

 

POWERS\KINETICS\KINTRANSFER.FX    SOUND\OGG\V_POWERS\FULCRUMSHIFT1
POWERS\KINETICS\KINTRANSFER.FX    SOUND\OGG\V_POWERS\FULCRUMSHIFT2

 

How to extract them so that I can rename them?

Edited by Captain Yesterday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Captain Yesterday said:

Hey Solarverse - EXTRA SPECIAL REQUEST, if I may?

 

Can you recreate- restore the ORIGINAL fulcrum shift sound?

 

The one that Sounded like Siphon Power on Steroids?  It seems like the old FS sound was just the sound from siphon power with multiple responses.

It sounded awesome.

 

I'm thinking it's a simple extract and rename.

Any who I looked up the files In the Rosetta stone

 

How do I turn this

 

powers\kinetics\kinsiphonpower.fx  = sound\ogg\powers\kinetic2
powers\kinetics\kinsiphonpowerhit.fx  = sound\ogg\powers\kinetic 4

 

into this?

 

POWERS\KINETICS\KINTRANSFER.FX    SOUND\OGG\V_POWERS\FULCRUMSHIFT1
POWERS\KINETICS\KINTRANSFER.FX    SOUND\OGG\V_POWERS\FULCRUMSHIFT2

 

How to extract them so that I can rename them?

Unfortunately no. That is done on server side and we have no control over that. They did the same thing with the Healing abilities on Empaths and on Pain Domination. It really irked the hell out of me how they took away the stacking SFX. What I can do is possibly produce a mock sfx file for it that is stacked and has the Siphon Power effect with it, and then stack them myself. The only issue with this is, it will sound stacked like that even if you only hit one person/npc with it.

I tried doing this with the Pain Dom and Empath heals, but since they share the same file as Kinetics Heal, it made the Kinetics Heal EXTREMELY LOUD! So I had to drop it back to the original file. The OG Devs really did a number when they removed the stacking effects without making it an option and really pissed a lot of us off over it.

But yeah, if you don't mind the stacking effect every single time you use it regardless of how many players and NPCs it hits, then I'll put one together for ya at some point in the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AGGRESSIVE SAVAGE MELEE!

Aggressive Savage Melee Mod is now available exclusively on the CoH Modd Tool. This gives Savage Melee a much more aggressive sound effects that pulls from Dark Melee and Mako along with some random animal growls to boot. This mod may change a tad in the future and will be added to the list of Mod versions in the near future!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Unfortunately no. That is done on server side and we have no control over that. They did the same thing with the Healing abilities on Empaths and on Pain Domination. It really irked the hell out of me how they took away the stacking SFX. What I can do is possibly produce a mock sfx file for it that is stacked and has the Siphon Power effect with it, and then stack them myself. The only issue with this is, it will sound stacked like that even if you only hit one person/npc with it.

I tried doing this with the Pain Dom and Empath heals, but since they share the same file as Kinetics Heal, it made the Kinetics Heal EXTREMELY LOUD! So I had to drop it back to the original file. The OG Devs really did a number when they removed the stacking effects without making it an option and really pissed a lot of us off over it.

But yeah, if you don't mind the stacking effect every single time you use it regardless of how many players and NPCs it hits, then I'll put one together for ya at some point in the near future.

Yes please. I would love to hear the stacked fulcrum shift effect again. Even if I only hit 1.

 

And I bet the rest of the kin players, (now that there are so many) especially the ones who never heard it before in the original game, would lose their minds to it.

 

Thank you for your offer. And thank you for your prompt reply.

 

Edit: Could you also publish it in .zip? My computer's version of windows has decide not to let the COH mod program function properly.

Edited by Captain Yesterday
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Captain Yesterday said:

Yes please. I would love to hear the stacked fulcrum shift effect again. Even if I only hit 1.

 

And I bet the rest of the kin players, (now that there are so many) especially the ones who never heard it before in the original game, would lose their minds to it.

 

Thank you for your offer. And thank you for your prompt reply.

 

Edit: Could you also publish it in .zip? My computer's version of windows has decide not to let the COH mod program function properly.

Bad news. The original Devs (I am pretty fired up about this) removed the hit file all together. As in it no longer exists. The only sounds you hear are coming from you now. So instead of removing the stacking effect, it would seem they might have gotten an attitude and just removed the hit file all together. I guess when the Devs got tired of hearing people who wanted the Devs to tone down sounds in game, they just said screw it and removed the file all together.

This is a huge shame because by them removing the stacking effect, I stopped playing Kin because of it. I did some serious testing and that sound is just...gone...with no way for me to return the sound. This is why the ability is so lack luster now. I even tried giving it a stacking effect from the player's perspective, but it was just too distorted to be even worth it due to the sound being multiplied on one bite instead of that one bite being played simultaneously but separate to prevent distortion. That was just a real crappy thing to do, man. Whoever was in charge of that decision was just being a complete ass about it.

Sorry man, but that has me in a real shitty mood right now and I am going to stop there before I say anything else that I will regret later.

Edited by Solarverse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Captain Yesterday, I just created a thread over on the suggestion forums in an attempt to bring that file back. It's the best chance we have of getting it back right now, so if you don't mind lending the support, head on over and explain how much you miss that sound and why you support bringing it back. Thanks in advanced.

The thread is below.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...