Solarverse's SFX Consolidated List of Mods

On 8/27/2020 at 3:05 AM, Tath99 said:

Suggestion for an SFX Mod:

(Zero Endurance / De-toggle Sound)

When a player's Hero / Villain runs out of Endurance their running toggle powers (like Leadership) tend to drop.  This creates a "deoow" sounding noise.  Whilst this is not an annoying sound it *is* quite an electronic / technical sound.

*IF this is a generic sound that is called upon when at a zero end / toggle drop state, is there any possibility it could be investigated / changed to something more suitable for a Natural origin?

* I am open to suggestions / creativity as to what -- but maybe a quickened (but not too fast) heart beat sound would be appropriate?

(This change might be fun to help create the sense that a Natural Hero is physically struggling from their efforts.)

Hmmm, that could be interesting. A heavy Heartbeat in place of the current crash sounds like a huge improvement. I think I will work on that tonight.

THE MATRIX RAVE POCKET D DANCE MOD!

Yeah yeah, I know...you are probably thinking, "say waaa?"

That's right folks, there is a new mod for the music you hear in Pocket D based on soundtracks from the various Matrix Movies

and it is now available on the CoH Modder Tool! The description of the music in the file

is there as well, so go check it out and read what songs are there and for what rooms!

I may be increasing the volume of the songs tomorrow, so if you DL it tonight, check to see

if the Mod version does not change between now and tomorrow night, otherwise, enjoy!

The Matrix Rave Pocket D Mod is now finished with its final version (v3)

Edited by Solarverse

The list of mods has been updated! There is also a new video that shows how to

download and use the CoH Modder Tool for anyone who wishes to learn how to install the

wonderful mods this community has to offer! Enjoy!

On 9/24/2020 at 12:09 PM, Solarverse said:

No, you would only need the .ogg file and change the name of the file to the associated Sound Effect. You would not need Sonichit2 twice, you would only need one of each. So it would look something like this;

Femtaunt2

sonichit2

ScreamPBAOE

MaleTaunt2

Just make sure the files go to the correct folder and you're good to go!

Bon désolé j'ai eu des choses à faire dans ma vie irl et je n'ai pas pu m'occuper de ça.

Donc là je viens d'essayer, mais rien a faire ça ne fonctionne pas, j'ai toujours les cri du jeu mais pas le miens.

Pourrait-on me donner le chemin exact pour placer chaque fichier ?

Well sorry I had things to do in my life irl and I couldn't take care of it.

Could you give me the exact path to place each file

So now I've just tried it, but nothing I can do about it doesn't work, I have the screams of the game but not mine.
still ?

No, you would only need the .ogg file and change the name of the file to the associated Sound Effect. You would not need Sonichit2 twice, you would only need one of each. So it would look something like this;

Femtaunt2

sonichit2

ScreamPBAOE

MaleTaunt2

Bon désolé j'ai eu des choses à faire dans ma vie irl et je n'ai pas pu m'occuper de ça.

Donc là je viens d'essayer, mais rien a faire ça ne fonctionne pas, j'ai toujours les cri du jeu mais pas le miens.

So now I've just tried it, but nothing I can do about it doesn't work, I have the screams of the game but not mine.
still ?

Femtaunt2

sonichit2

ScreamPBAOE

MaleTaunt2

still ?

On 3/25/2020 at 2:09 PM, Solarverse said:

Can a request a similar pack for Staff Fighting? There's a couple of tech based weapons that this would be neat for.

On 10/1/2020 at 2:40 PM, Solarverse said:

NEW MOD VERSION UPDATE

If your mod does not have the current version listed below, please remove the mod and uninstall it and install it again to update the version.

I suggest creating a backup of your current zip file just in case you dislike the newer versions that way you can always replace the new back with the old.

PSIONIC BLAST MOVIE SFX MOD (V7)

I've reloaded this on Mod several times now and it's still showing v6. Is there an actual v7 or are you just playing Mind Games with us?

4 hours ago, NodHero said:

I've reloaded this on Mod several times now and it's still showing v6. Is there an actual v7 or are you just playing Mind Games with us?

I had forgotten that I had modified that mod during a time that the Mod Tool was down so even though it saved on my end it did not upload to the server. It has now been updated to v8.

Hi all, was wondering if someone smarter than I could help me out.

I play Beast Mastery, and when you summon the Dire Wolf it has an awesome howl.  Straight out of American Werewolf In London type stuff.

Then it starts to use its frost attacks and you get this crappy "ice" sound effect.

Is there any way to replace the "ice" effect with the howl you initially hear at summoning?  Make em sound fierce!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, SableShrike said:

Hi all, was wondering if someone smarter than I could help me out.

I play Beast Mastery, and when you summon the Dire Wolf it has an awesome howl.  Straight out of American Werewolf In London type stuff.

Then it starts to use its frost attacks and you get this crappy "ice" sound effect.

Is there any way to replace the "ice" effect with the howl you initially hear at summoning?  Make em sound fierce!

Thanks!

Done.

Go to your CoH Modder Tool and look up Beast Mastery Direwolf Frostbreath Mod.

Yeah, I think we broke the server toting. Also, if that is not to your liking, let me know. It wasn't hard to change it. What I did was combine the Direwolf howl and the Ice Blaster's Frost attack with the Ice Controller's Flash Freeze ability. I personally think it sounds amazing now...you be the judge.

Hello there,

Dropping some of my sound mods through CoH Modder, but here's a short review of these for you to use directly 🙂

Extract sound files to CoH subdirectory data\sound\Ogg\Powers .

Massive throw for Bitter Ice Blast - Basically adds some surround effect so it feels like you're throwing something bigger.

F-16 sonic boom for Shout - Cause you definitely break the wall of sound with Sonic - more then once. From a real F-16 sonic boom sound effect.

NA Regrowth alt SFX - sound used during beta stage. Soothing birds and butterflies...

Psionic Melee new SFX - ever felt the original sounds were a little 8-bit-ish ? I got you ! More like an attempt, i'm sure there's room for a lot of improvement on this one.

Staff Fighting blunt sounds - sound pack used during beta stage. More BAM BAM BAM CRAAAAAASH than peep peep peep sweeeep.

Supercharged Electric Control - Powerful SFX set for Electric Control. Partially based on Powerful Electricity mod (thx Lithobraker).

Enjoy !

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2020 at 6:29 PM, Blyzzard said:

still ?

The path can be found in this post

19 hours ago, Zed said:

Hello there,

Dropping some of my sound mods through CoH Modder, but here's a short review of these for you to use directly 🙂

Massive throw for Bitter Ice Blast - Basically adds some surround effect so it feels like you're throwing something bigger.

F-16 sonic boom for Shout - Cause you definitely break the wall of sound with Sonic - more then once. From a real F-16 sonic boom sound effect.

NA Regrowth alt SFX - sound used during beta stage. Soothing birds and butterflies...

Psionic Melee new SFX - ever felt the original sounds were a little 8-bit-ish ? I got you ! More like an attempt, i'm sure there's room for a lot of improvement on this one.

Staff Fighting blunt sounds - sound pack used during beta stage. More BAM BAM BAM CRAAAAAASH than peep peep peep sweeeep.

Supercharged Electric Control - Powerful SFX set for Electric Control. Partially based on Powerful Electricity mod (thx Lithobraker).

Enjoy !

I'm too tired tonight, but I will add them to the front page tomorrow, thanks, man! (P.S. AM not trying to step on toes with my latest mod for Staff Fighting, it was actually requested and after hearing yours, yours is much different and damn good as well. Just didn't want you thinking I was trying to pull any kind of funny stuff, hehe.)

On 8/26/2020 at 1:41 PM, Jaguaratron said:

Any chance you could do something with staff sounds? every animation sounds like its using a hollow bamboo rod and its a little jarring to me.

I have created a Staff Mod named Staff Mastery Hard Hitting SFX. It's posted up on the CoH Modder Tool. Also, if you don't like that one, delete it and try out the other one listed by @Zed, if mine is not what you are looking for, Zed's might be right up your ally. At least now you have a couple to pick from. Enjoy!

Edited by Solarverse

On 10/7/2020 at 12:34 PM, Zed said:

Hello there,

Enjoy !

Quick question before I add this to the front page, have you uploaded these to the Modder Tool?

Dark Control Slight Alterations

With this mod enjoy an Umbra Beast that actually sounds like a Shadow Hound from hell rather than a cute back yard dog! His attacks sound more violent and he now roars with fright than bark with glee. Furthermore your Haunt's attacks will sound like they have Dark Melee rather than a cute little paw scratching at a wood door. With this Mod your Haunts and your Umbra Beast will sound like a force to be reckoned with! Available exclusively on the CoH Modder Tool!