My most RIDICULOUS build ever. 45% melee/ranged/AoE + 90% resistances to all except Toxic.

Sovera

I will say i have a Bio and Dark Tanker and they have 45-53% defence with high resists. In an ITF you will have defence failure and they will start to hurt you but you have heals etc to cope. My shield/SS tanker with 90% DDR can stand in the middle of a horde all day long with only regen, even with rage crash.

One last thing. Why does going from Agility alpha to musculature boost the resists? doesn't say anywhere that i can see, that says it does this. Bug?

Edited by Gobbledegook

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

Is that correct? I thought the ATO proc lasts 20 seconds, so if it is slotted in a toggle that fires ever 10 seconds, the first proc would wear off everytime a third proc applies, even if it was 100% proc chance.

Alright, I went to test this and you were spot on. Against a single target a mix of PPM and the damage aura missing a tick and the 10 second rule from toggles meant that I spent periods of time with no stacks even. At all. And only very briefly did I get three stacks.

Surprisingly jumping into a bunch of enemies did not improve things. Even staying in the middle of a group of enemies in the AE I never once got three stacks o_o I stayed solid at two stacks and it did not budge which plays with the PPM and the toggle rule. Seriously, good catch, Bopper. I'm going to respec and try with the proc in an attack.

Alright. Respecced and tested. In an attack it is a lot more solid and three stacks were achieved reliably and tended to stay there. But, not to the point of saying it happening 100% of the time (misses) so building for two stacks and placing the proc in an attack is going to be a better choice. Back to the drawing board.

26 minutes ago, Troo said:

@Sovera what are the odds of detoggling and experiencing a cascading failure? I haven't played an EA tanker, so I'm just curious.

Very low. Until 26 spamming Energize is your better choice (spam early, spam often, since it does not -give- endurance, it just reduces endurance costs, ergo don't wait until you're dry to use it) . After 26 Power Sink's ridiculously short CD ensures this is never again a problem. It will falter against one single enemy and this is noticeable as we level, but not so once Power Sink is slotted, our attacks have endurance reduction, and all the different recovery bonuses are in.

25 minutes ago, Gobbledegook said:

One last thing. Why does going from Agility alpha to musculature boost the resists? doesn't say anywhere that i can see, that says it does this. Bug?

In game, it doesn't.  The planner has a bug that causes that.

29 minutes ago, Gobbledegook said:

I will say i have a Bio and Dark Tanker and they have 45-53% defence with high resists. In an ITF you will have defence failure and they will start to hurt you but you have heals etc to cope. My shield/SS tanker with 90% DDR can stand in the middle of a horde all day long with only regen, even with rage crash.

HD bug. It needs to be taken into consideration which I am not doing. I need to be more thorough when trying to write down maths. Best way is just to turn it off when trying to check the resists.

Edited by Sovera

Alright, building on everything discussed here this is the newest iteration.

- The aim lays in being capped with two stacks since those are the most reliable. The toggle is not a good choice for one target. It will serve well against multiple targets but we might as well rework it into an attack.

- HD's current numbers (with Musculature toggled off so its bug does not mess with the math) accounts for one stack of the Tanker IO. So Barrier + a second stack equals current HD numbers + 11.7%. So with that in mind S/L is at 92.5%. Psi is at 90.8%. Negative is at 88.8%.

- I am not going to OCD like mad trying to round the Negative resists since A) the scaling resists from the IO kicks in at 90% (the Scaling Resist IO starts at 90% with 4% (3% base) to 6% at 50% and 12% at 10%. Psi and toxic included), and B) there is still that third stack which comes out reliably with the Tanker IO in an attack instead of a toggle. That means we could even eschew Barrier purely in terms of resists with the third stack though the 5% to all defenses is still wanted.

The only thing I am unhappy about is the loss of Armaggedon in Dragon Tail. The loss of 10% recharge + damage proc is ugh considering Dragon's Tail already knocks down so I don't even have get the satisfaction of slotting the KD proc in there. But it is about the only sacrifice I had to make and it should not matter too much ultimately.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Electric Armor
Secondary Power Set: Martial Arts
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Armor -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(3)
Level 1: Thunder Kick -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), Mk'Bit-Dam%(48)
Level 2: Lightning Field -- SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(7), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(7), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), PrfShf-End%(9), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(11)
Level 4: Storm Kick -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(15), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), TchofDth-Dam%(17)
Level 6: Static Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 8: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(21), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 10: Conductive Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(39), UnbGrd-Max HP%(40)
Level 12: Energize -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(25), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(25), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(27), NmnCnv-Heal(27), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(29)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Crane Kick -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(33), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(33)
Level 20: Dragon's Tail -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36)
Level 22: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Lightning Reflexes -- Flight-I(A)
Level 26: Power Sink -- EffAdp-EndMod/EndRdx(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(36)
Level 28: Focus Chi -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Build%(39)
Level 30: Grounded -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), ResDam-I(39)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 35: Crippling Axe Kick -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Empty(43)
Level 38: Electrifying Fences -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(46)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(46), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 44: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 47: Tough -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(13)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany
------------

Edited by Sovera

4 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Alright, building on everything discussed here this is the newest iteration.

- The aim lays in being capped with two stacks since those are the most reliable. The toggle is not a good choice for one target. It will serve well against multiple targets but we might as well rework it into an attack.

- HD's current numbers (with Musculature toggled off so its bug does not mess with the math) accounts for one stack of the Tanker IO. So Barrier + a second stack equals current HD numbers + 11.7%. So with that in mind S/L is at 92.5%. Psi is at 90.8%. Negative is at 88.8%.

- I am not going to OCD like mad trying to round the Negative resists since A) the scaling resists from the IO kicks in at 90% (the Scaling Resist IO starts at 90% with 4% (3% base) to 6% at 50% and 12% at 10%. Psi and toxic included), and B) there is still that third stack which comes out reliably with the Tanker IO in an attack instead of a toggle. That means we could even eschew Barrier purely in terms of resists with the third stack though the 5% to all defenses is still wanted.

The only thing I am unhappy about is the loss of Armaggedon in Dragon Tail. The loss of 10% recharge + damage proc is ugh considering Dragon's Tail already knocks down so I don't even have get the satisfaction of slotting the KD proc in there. But it is about the only sacrifice I had to make and it should not matter too much ultimately.

Reveal hidden contents

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Thunder Kick -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), Mk'Bit-Dam%(48)
Level 2: Lightning Field -- SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(7), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(7), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), PrfShf-End%(9), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(11)
Level 4: Storm Kick -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(15), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), TchofDth-Dam%(17)
Level 6: Static Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 8: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(21), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 10: Conductive Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(39), UnbGrd-Max HP%(40)
Level 12: Energize -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(25), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(25), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(27), NmnCnv-Heal(27), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(29)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Crane Kick -- TchofDth-Dam%(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg(31), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(33), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 20: Dragon's Tail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36)
Level 28: Focus Chi -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(37), GssSynFr--Build%(39)
Level 30: Grounded -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), ResDam-I(39)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(40)
Level 35: Crippling Axe Kick -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Empty(43)
Level 38: Electrifying Fences -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(46)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(46), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A)
Level 49: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
------------

Slow resistance is a little low. Slows will wreck you.

Mine has higher defence.

4 minutes ago, Gobbledegook said:

Slow resistance is a little low. Slows will wreck you.

Mine has higher defence.

Yes, too much is trying to be worked into the build so something has to give. I could wreck the Hectacomb and add another 15% resists to slows at the cost of another damage proc and yet another 10% recharge but I'm leery of doing so since there is a balance trying to be reached. As for defense it's already softcapped so more isn't going to add much.

Edited by Sovera

28 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Yes, too much is trying to be worked into the build so something has to give. I could wreck the Hectacomb and add another 15% resists to slows at the cost of another damage proc and yet another 10% recharge but I'm leery of doing so since there is a balance trying to be reached. As for defense it's already softcapped so more isn't going to add much.

With no DDR it is best to overcap a little. Do an ITF and watch your defences break. Time spent surviving or dead is zero dps. You are a Tank after all. sounds like you are trying to be a dps and a tank all in one. 

If you want to dps as a Tanker roll a shield or Bio or even Rad tanker, they have bonuses to damage.

Just now, Gobbledegook said:

With no DDR it is best to overcap a little. Do an ITF and watch your defences break. Time spent surviving or dead is zero dps. You are a Tank after all. sounds like you are trying to be a dps and a tank all in one. 

If you want to dps as a Tanker roll a shield or Bio or even Rad tanker, they have bonuses to damage.

Of course the defenses will break. Overcapping a 'little bit' isn't going to do much. On an ITF we survive on the merits of our 90% resists to S/L and out team killing things fast. My Fire Armor Tanker did  ITF fine though it had a heal that was much faster than Energize,

I wouldn't lift my nose at trying to make a balance of damage and tankyness in a character. We don't need to be turtles as other than some very specific content we don't requir-.... Are we really arguing that a 45% softcap defense to all with 90% resists to pretty much all isn't tanky enough...?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sovera said:

Of course the defenses will break. Overcapping a 'little bit' isn't going to do much. On an ITF we survive on the merits of our 90% resists to S/L and out team killing things fast. My Fire Armor Tanker did  ITF fine though it had a heal that was much faster than Energize,

I wouldn't lift my nose at trying to make a balance of damage and tankyness in a character. We don't need to be turtles as other than some very specific content we don't requir-.... Are we really arguing that a 45% softcap defense to all with 90% resists to pretty much all isn't tanky enough...?

I would rather have higher defences than a damage proc and 10% recharge but thats my opinion. You aren't at 45% softcap defence. The slows in ITF will reduce your survival and dps.

The build is ok though. With a team supporting it and outside buffs it will do content fine.

1 minute ago, Gobbledegook said:

I would rather have higher defences than a damage proc and 10% recharge but thats my opinion. You aren't at 45% softcap defence. The slows in ITF will reduce your survival and dps.

The build is ok though. With a team supporting it and outside buffs it will do content fine.

Ok.

I did a build that is well, normally I would just easily softcap defense with just Smash and Lethal, and then I thought no, lets go 45% to Melee, Range and AoE but actually hit it without using hover, and I thought screw it, I will take all the martial arts powers depriving me of your TBAoEs (which I think are a game changer in helping to achieve things AoE defense wise + Rechg). I achieved it but it's not as end friendly, slightly less damaging in the ranged damage dept, due to no range at all. In all it made me respect what you have done, Not easy. I would still move slots around. Afterburner I'd swap for the taunt, hover for combat jump, fly for tactics and I would slot tactics the way you did focused chi. Then I'd of been happier. The build I made though didn't require hover or combat jump to softcap. There is probably not a lot wrong with hovertanking, I think I might of tried it with a firetank years ago but something about it, I can't remember what just doesn't appeal.

Some players make their characters all about them, if it doesn't help them, they don't want it, their build advice to you will ofcourse be about making your character the best thing that helps them too if they ever team with you, because it's always about them.

A few tweaks to your build.

More Defence, Slow resists but the rest is similar. 

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Tanker

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Thunder Kick -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Dam%(11), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29)
Level 2: Lightning Field -- SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(7), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(7), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(9), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(9), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(11)
Level 6: Static Shield -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), ResDam-I(19)
Level 8: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(21), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23), LucoftheG-Def(40)
Level 10: Conductive Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(19), UnbGrd-ResDam(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23)
Level 14: Fly -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 20: Dragon's Tail -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%(36)
Level 30: Grounded -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(40)
Level 32: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(40)
Level 35: Crippling Axe Kick -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Hct-Acc/Rchg(42), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Hct-Dmg(43)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(46), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Rgn-Dmg(48)
Level 47: Tough -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
------------

On 3/25/2020 at 11:09 PM, Sovera said:

*SNIP*

Pretty tough build!
Wouldn't rely too heavily on the Defense.
You have exactly ZERO DDR.
So, on rocking into enemies sporting monster Defense Debuff (Arachnos, Cims, Incarnate BP), expect that Defense to blow away like a baseball cap on the hood of a jet drag car.

Honestly, if you can, trade it for capping out your S/L Resist and your Neg if you can.

Here's a quick stab at how I'd go about it.

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Level 50 Technology Tanker
Power Pool: Leaping

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(5), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(5), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(7)
Level 1: Thunder Kick -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx:50(7), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg:50(9), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg:50(9), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(11), Mk'Bit-Dam%:50(11)
Level 2: Lightning Field -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg:50(13), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(13), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(15), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(15), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%:50(17)
Level 4: Storm Kick -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg:50(21), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(21), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(23), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(23), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb:50(25)
Level 6: Conductive Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(25), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(27)
Level 8: Static Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(29), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31)
Level 10: Warrior's Provocation -- PrfZng-Dam%:50(A)
Level 12: Grounded -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(33)
Level 14: Energize -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux:50(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg:50(33), Pnc-Heal/Rchg:50(33), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg:50(34), Pnc-Heal:50(34)
Level 16: Crane Kick -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx:50(34), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(36), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(36), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(36)
Level 18: Lightning Reflexes -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 20: Focus Chi -- HO:Membr(A), HO:Membr(37)
Level 22: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(37), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(39)
Level 26: Power Sink -- PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg:50(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg:50(39)
Level 28: Crippling Axe Kick -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(39), Hct-Acc/Rchg:50(40), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx:50(40), Hct-Dam%:50(40)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(42), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(42), Rct-ResDam%:50(42)
Level 32: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(43)
Level 35: Dragon's Tail -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx:50(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(45)
Level 38: Mu Lightning -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg:50(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(46), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(46), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(46)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx:50(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(48), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(50)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(50)
Level 47: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(50)
Level 49: [Empty]
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(17), Mrc-Rcvry+:40(19)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod:50(19)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1493;680;1360;HEX;|
|78DA7594C96FD35010C69F1397D234254DDB74CDD296B6D9A821C0894B29DD04345|
|2252AAE9195BE26A621896C57A24724CA72408216890BDB914D9CD8FE0076EEAC7F|
|038B04086E61EAF99A4A583CC9F9D933F379E6739E9D3D35E97F30737A4C28FE899|
|26E59B979BDBC244DDFBCCC17CB9552A5B0223656231D114EE526E5A22C5B529B2A|
|C9BC6D1AF9DCB879B262F6209B952529B5AC6EDA865EA2946D050F978BD294655BD|
|B3C6999AB544ADAB45128DA46B9E073AE8E55A55C0838A7B3525F90A65534AAFECD|
|EB2AD585A6AA465E3B642EDB32975DCE6575CB96E64A374D364AC7B300FD281BB3D|
|61AC44FAF101955787E81BF99EA1F702F735B170922AA38D829B048BB283857606E|
|2F8206D377025C623EA7BE0AFA2AEFF8BEFEF7E007E68E8FE02766EB67E638F5F5A|
|2AFF78CEAC43A56C1B3CCCE73E07966F705E60BEADBC07DBD0DF0DB0DBFBDF0DB0B|
|BF2FA9B611B58DA80DA3368CDA286A2768A6269E4934591E27F68AF4CDD037431F8|
|53E0A7D3FF4AFA9B685F56A4B18B90818650EC4C07EE624F50C4013B8C4FE062E33|
|77AE81EBE015E61B12047926111CE5FF628AEED3CEF751DA0F1054AF18023DB4854|
|3F0155A655F5E8A75C157177C0DC1D7107C8DC0D75BEAD7E36CB09AD2B3CEFA918B|
|CC69EADB87F9FBE2C82598F1249802D34C957A47D03B12529C58B2033CCA3D933F9|
|883541BE35A259666AF2970867A0FA2F7E0357E36A9EBE00DE6AE9BE02D668E6E3B|
|0CCDF06DE4EE3047EF82F7C0FB4C9D340968120F39B6FB11F8187CC2CC3C650669E|
|E34E64EC363061E3B29A721A7FD93AB6DACB05A7F2985131149B5FE8AD752AEEC1E|
|5724E38AEC7345F6BB22B3AEC89C8AB614519C48536BFDC5FDFFFAE2AB7F1920FBB|
|615F12803F8161C67CF6D478871557C75A9BE6F4514E52AEF9EB635CFD69372D618|
|6DFC0C1ECE5F7A151EC3|

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

2 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Pretty tough build!
Wouldn't rely too heavily on the Defense.
You have exactly ZERO DDR.
So, on rocking into enemies sporting monster Defense Debuff (Arachnos, Cims, Incarnate BP), expect that Defense to blow away like a baseball cap on the hood of a jet drag car.

Honestly, if you can, trade it for capping out your S/L Resist and your Neg if you can.

Here's a quick stab at how I'd go about it.

Reveal hidden contents

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Level 50 Technology Tanker
Power Pool: Leaping

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(5), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(5), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(7)
Level 1: Thunder Kick -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx:50(7), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg:50(9), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg:50(9), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(11), Mk'Bit-Dam%:50(11)
Level 2: Lightning Field -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprMghoft-Dmg/Rchg:50(13), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(13), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(15), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(15), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%:50(17)
Level 4: Storm Kick -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprGntFis-Dmg/Rchg:50(21), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(21), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(23), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(23), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb:50(25)
Level 6: Conductive Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(25), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(27), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(27)
Level 8: Static Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(29), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31)
Level 10: Warrior's Provocation -- PrfZng-Dam%:50(A)
Level 12: Grounded -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(31), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(33)
Level 14: Energize -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux:50(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg:50(33), Pnc-Heal/Rchg:50(33), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg:50(34), Pnc-Heal:50(34)
Level 16: Crane Kick -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx:50(34), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(36), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(36), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(36)
Level 18: Lightning Reflexes -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 20: Focus Chi -- HO:Membr(A), HO:Membr(37)
Level 22: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam:50(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx:50(37), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam:50(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(39)
Level 26: Power Sink -- PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg:50(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg:50(39)
Level 28: Crippling Axe Kick -- Hct-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(39), Hct-Acc/Rchg:50(40), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx:50(40), Hct-Dam%:50(40)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(42), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(42), Rct-ResDam%:50(42)
Level 32: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(43)
Level 35: Dragon's Tail -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx:50(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(45)
Level 38: Mu Lightning -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg:50(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(46), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(46), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(46)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx:50(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(48), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(48), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg:50(50)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(50)
Level 47: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Rchg+:50(A), LucoftheG-Def:50(50)
Level 49: [Empty]
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(17), Mrc-Rcvry+:40(19)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%:50(A), PrfShf-EndMod:50(19)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build |
|MxDz;1493;680;1360;HEX;|
|78DA7594C96FD35010C69F1397D234254DDB74CDD296B6D9A821C0894B29DD04345|
|2252AAE9195BE26A621896C57A24724CA72408216890BDB914D9CD8FE0076EEAC7F|
|038B04086E61EAF99A4A583CC9F9D933F379E6739E9D3D35E97F30737A4C28FE899|
|26E59B979BDBC244DDFBCCC17CB9552A5B0223656231D114EE526E5A22C5B529B2A|
|C9BC6D1AF9DCB879B262F6209B952529B5AC6EDA865EA2946D050F978BD294655BD|
|B3C6999AB544ADAB45128DA46B9E073AE8E55A55C0838A7B3525F90A65534AAFECD|
|EB2AD585A6AA465E3B642EDB32975DCE6575CB96E64A374D364AC7B300FD281BB3D|
|61AC44FAF101955787E81BF99EA1F702F735B170922AA38D829B048BB283857606E|
|2F8206D377025C623EA7BE0AFA2AEFF8BEFEF7E007E68E8FE02766EB67E638F5F5A|
|2AFF78CEAC43A56C1B3CCCE73E07966F705E60BEADBC07DBD0DF0DB0DBFBDF0DB0B|
|BF2FA9B611B58DA80DA3368CDA286A2768A6269E4934591E27F68AF4CDD037431F8|
|53E0A7D3FF4AFA9B685F56A4B18B90818650EC4C07EE624F50C4013B8C4FE062E33|
|77AE81EBE015E61B12047926111CE5FF628AEED3CEF751DA0F1054AF18023DB4854|
|3F0155A655F5E8A75C157177C0DC1D7107C8DC0D75BEAD7E36CB09AD2B3CEFA918B|
|CC69EADB87F9FBE2C82598F1249802D34C957A47D03B12529C58B2033CCA3D933F9|
|883541BE35A259666AF2970867A0FA2F7E0357E36A9EBE00DE6AE9BE02D668E6E3B|
|0CCDF06DE4EE3047EF82F7C0FB4C9D340968120F39B6FB11F8187CC2CC3C650669E|
|E34E64EC363061E3B29A721A7FD93AB6DACB05A7F2985131149B5FE8AD752AEEC1E|
|5724E38AEC7345F6BB22B3AEC89C8AB614519C48536BFDC5FDFFFAE2AB7F1920FBB|
|615F12803F8161C67CF6D478871557C75A9BE6F4514E52AEF9EB635CFD69372D618|
|6DFC0C1ECE5F7A151EC3|

Both are capped with two stacks of the Tanker IO and Barrier as per the latest iteration. As for DDR, yes, but not everything causes DDR, and after having caused it they still have to get past the 90% resists.

I'm a bigger fan of "steady state" tanking, in lieu of an "I Win Button" that, after 2-3 minutes, becomes an "And Then I Died Button".
Or relying on a Proc in an AoE with essentially floored chances to fire.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

1 hour ago, Hyperstrike said:

I'm a bigger fan of "steady state" tanking, in lieu of an "I Win Button" that, after 2-3 minutes, becomes an "And Then I Died Button".
Or relying on a Proc in an AoE with essentially floored chances to fire.

That's not how it works. The latest iteration has 90% after 15-20 seconds and stays there. Before that it 'only' has 75+ resists.

Edited by Sovera

Personally i would agree with Hyperstrike.

I would go for more defence to melee and forego ranged defence. The more melee defence the better. The ranged attacks you receive will hit your 90% resists and you can always Taunt them or just move towards the ranged or use line of sight.

Overcap to give you a buffer vs defence debuffs, it will make a big difference.

I feel your build is trying to do too much Sovera and will fail because of it.

Edited by Gobbledegook

I don't know how to answer this. When a resist based armor with 90% resists and 45% defenses positional, with immunity to the real danger that is being detoggled (not DDR, defense just just a secondary layer), is 'ok, with team buffs' and 'will fail', I don't even. Are we talking of the same game a Scrapper with half of this is soloing?

I don't even, so, I won't even.

6 minutes ago, Sovera said:

I don't know how to answer this. When a resist based armor with 90% resists and 45% defenses positional, with immunity to the real danger that is being detoggled (not DDR, defense just just a secondary layer), is 'ok, with team buffs' and 'will fail', I don't even. Are we talking of the same game a Scrapper with half of this is soloing?

You are going to have to go by your own experience. There are plenty of respecs in the world and you won't get optimum for everything. Every post is a suggestion, your build could get 90 s/l/e/f/c and maybe 75% n. Part of the solution to immortality is knowing what you're up against, how you may operate and what kind of an achilles heel you prefer to have. Keep what's best for you. 

• Like 1

Some players make their characters all about them, if it doesn't help them, they don't want it, their build advice to you will ofcourse be about making your character the best thing that helps them too if they ever team with you, because it's always about them.

There are enemies in the game that will do -Def and -Res, this needs to be taken into consideration as well.  Which means you will have to try to rely on one or the other to make up for that.  If you run into enemies that do -Def, you'll need all the Resistances you can get to mitigate the fact that you are being hit more often.  If you run up against enemies that do -Res then you will need to try to rely on your Defense to keep you from being hit so you don't take all that damage that you can no longer Resist.  While there may not be as many different Types of damage as certain levels, there will still always be SOME of those enemies no matter what level you play.  Yes, you can somewhat pick and choose what you go up against, but what happens when you are on a team and someone else is doing that picking and choosing and they decide to go up against enemies that do damage you weren't planning on ever going up against.  Enemies that do Psi, Fire/Cold, or En/Neg.  You'll be glad you over-prepared and went on ahead and maxed those out as much as you could even though you never planned on running against them.  Everybody here keeps trying to give you suggestions on different ways to build the character to try to make some improvements in this regard.  You keep shooting them all down because, I don't know Pride?  That's why I decided I would just stop with the suggestions.  You weren't taking them and seemed to be getting upset that anybody would change up your build.  

1 hour ago, Sovera said:

I don't see 45% positional defences though, i see 35% melee defence. Even with Barrier it is still only 40%. Melee will be your primary targets most of the time. You have other ways to deal with Range.

Barrier will carry you a fair bit though.

The build is fine though, go with what you want.  The best way to find out is try it out in some of the tougher content then readjust where needed.

I have a shield Tanker that is great against most content. Throw some psi damage in and yes i have defence but no psi resists and wouldn't last long. I could build resists to psi but i wont as that will gimp the rest. My solution is to have back up for those missions or bring plenty of inspirations 😛

Edited by Gobbledegook

4 minutes ago, Gobbledegook said:

I don't see 45% positional defences though, i see 35% melee defence. Even with Barrier it is still only 40%. Melee will be your primary targets most of the time. You have other ways to deal with Range.

Barrier will carry you a fair bit though.

The build is fine though, go with what you want.  The best way to find out is try it out in some of the tougher content then readjust where needed.

Uploaded the wrong version, fixed now. It was supposed to be Avalanche in Dragon's Tail, the thing I mentioned I was mourning to lose. That puts melee to 40%.

The build is fine for normal content. But for the harder content the defence cap is higher at 59% i think. Defence debuffers will break through your defence and your 90% resists will not be enough unless you have backup.

I know i run a Dark tanker with over 50% melee defence and capped resists and in an ITF they will take my defences down to where i am using my heal, which is FAR superior to electrics heal, quite a lot. If i did not build for a decent amount of slow resists i would also be shut down by the Dark Dwarfs and would eventually die as my attacks and heal would be locked out.

But other content will have its own obstacles.

I would rather have exceptional melee defence to cushion the defence debuffs than trying to build weaker defence to all types. 

Edited by Gobbledegook

• 1 month later
On 3/26/2020 at 4:39 PM, Troo said:

@Sovera what are the odds of detoggling and experiencing a cascading failure? I haven't played an EA tanker, so I'm just curious.

Pretty much zero once you get to 26 and obtain Power sink.