Scrapper Regeneration -> Instant Healing

Icecomet

Hello again everybody.

I would like to submit as a suggestion/request that we change instant healing back to a toggle as it was in the the beginning?  The change to a click, and a VERY long cool down click has basically killed this secondary for scrappers.  So it begs the question why have a secondary powerset that is unused and considered worthless?  I used to play a spines/regen back in live before they changed instant healing from a toggle to a click and it was an incredibly fun class to play.

Even as a short term fix, how about cutting the cool down timer in half so the power at least has some use again?  Ultimately, the goal would be to get it back to a toggle though, the way it was meant to be!!

Thanks for the consideration, I'd love to resurrect my scrapper in her original form...

Cheers!

Icecomet

• Like 3

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

Chapters 4 & 5  (Under development, Coming Soon!)

I've made the suggestion elsewhere, but why not look at altering the way it works? Put it back to a toggle, and instead of being a big boost to your regeneration, make it a power that, when you take damage, after a short delay, "instantly" heals a percentage of the damage, with the percentage enhanceable, either as an enhancement to the whole percentage, or a fixed percentage plus an enhanceable percentage, depending on how the balance works out on it. This would make IH work once on any incoming hit, rather than healing the damage over and over again, and make its effect comparable to Resistance and Defense. So if you have IH slotted to a heal of 57%, and you took a hit that did 400 points of damage, after the delay interval, you'd 'instantly' heal back 228 points of that damage.

Why not put it back to how it used to be?  Why the delay interval?  Why any of that garbage?  The power was fine the way it was originally.  While I do appreciate the feedback and support on the topic, I will have to disagree with your approach to changes, which would require some real code work for the devs.

I think just ultimately making it a toggle the way it was meant to be is the real answer, but in the short term cutting the base recharge time in half is a step in the right direction.

Thanks again for your thoughts and insights, I do appreciate you taking the time on this topic!!

Icecomet

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

There are .... many.... threads requesting this exact change.  I guess more never hurt if you really want to drive the point home, but this is a seriously pulverized deceased equine.

Would I refuse a change like you outline?  No.

Do I think /Regen really needs it?  No.

I understand I'm probably in the distinct minority of that opinion, but I was charging into walls of 16+ council and freakshow and DE last night on my Spines/Regen stalker, aggro'ing packs of them ahead of the group and SOLOING packs of them if the group went right when I went left in Scrapperlock Mode, without even clicking Instant Healing. And he's only lvl 38.  No incarnate powers were in play.  He still has lots of slots left to go.  And he's a STALKER for crying out loud. Not a tank. Not a brute.

Admittedly, he is pretty well IO'd out.  If you feel that all powersets must be balanced around SO's alone, okay, I can see where you're coming from.

But frankly, you can do an awful lot with a /Regen, and when you stack up the set bonuses, your health bar will barely move when you do it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MTeague said:

Admittedly, he is pretty well IO'd out.

That is a bit outside the scope of most balance changes, but that's another can o worms.

One thing thatd be interesting is looking at Regen survival with both 1/2 rech and as a toggle vs other sets.

3 hours ago, MTeague said:

There are .... many.... threads requesting this exact change.  I guess more never hurt if you really want to drive the point home, but this is a seriously pulverized deceased equine.

For emphasis: Instant Healing was changed to a click in Issue 5 (7 years before the snap).

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Time to post again...

how to fix regen

1. Give more -regen resist

2. Either lower recharge a bit or increase duration of instant healing or moment of glory 

3. give stalkers some +recovery in combination with fast healing

4. allow Rez to be used while alive (like sentinels)

5. Have the heals in dull pain and reconstruction fire off at the beginning of the animation, rather then towards the end. 

thats all 

( copy pasted from last thread)

• Like 3

Why would anybody want to see anything nerfed?  We all want to feel heroic and super in our builds.  I am not sure where some people proceed from this belief that something is overpowered.  The gaming companies really have people brainwashed into this model that they employ.  We have the power to make the changes that WE want to see.  This is just another change that would right a very old wrong of the game.

Icecomet

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

16 minutes ago, Icecomet said:

Why would anybody want to see anything nerfed?  We all want to feel heroic and super in our builds.  I am not sure where some people proceed from this belief that something is overpowered.  The gaming companies really have people brainwashed into this model that they employ.  We have the power to make the changes that WE want to see.  This is just another change that would right a very old wrong of the game.

Icecomet

Days ending in "y" are nerf Regen days.

Also, nerf Regen twice on Sunday.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Icecomet said:

Icecomet

Its an old joke 😛

Also nerfs are necessary depending on the context. For example, lets say a power deals 10x damage randomly if you happen to pick the right powerset combo where it has some odd interaction. This is would be a bug, and removing it would technically be a nerf but healthy since it is fixing something broken. A more nuanced take is that eventually, only buffs lead to power creep and ironically sets being nerfed by proxy. It can often be healthier to nerf things to a status quo than to buff things forever past it.

fast healing - double regen

reconstruction into a heal over time toggle

quick recovery - add end drain resist, enhanceable

dull pain - add 10% resist to all unehnaceable

integ - double regen

resil - double resists

instant healing - shave off 2 minutes on recharge

revive - removed and replaced with i cant do this anymore fucking god damn regen will always suck and there is no saving it just fucking roll Willpower like everybody else and color its shit green and bam you are the wolferines

Edited by kelika2
and

11 hours ago, Icecomet said:

Icecomet

If everything your super hero faces are toddlers armed with binkies, it hardly feels heroic at all.

Villainous?  Maybe.  But I bet you're not the villain type.

Oh look..another thread with the exact same suggestion of an already active thread. 

As for your suggestion... No thanks. I have no issues at all with how it has worked for 7 years (when Instant Healing was changed from a toggle) on live and now on HC. Not sure why people ask for this... regen is already/still a beast - so not needed imo. 

6 hours ago, Burnt Toast said:

Oh look..another thread with the exact same suggestion of an already active thread. 

As for your suggestion... No thanks. I have no issues at all with how it has worked for 7 years (when Instant Healing was changed from a toggle) on live and now on HC. Not sure why people ask for this... regen is already/still a beast - so not needed imo. 

Not everyone scours these forums as actively as some of us do. Instead of talking down to them, this is more evidence that we should promote the other thread as a focal point and/or ask for GM's to start stickying certain hot topics.

8 hours ago, Burnt Toast said:

So sorry for creating a duplicate thread.  I did a search and after 2 pages of results, I figured there wasn't a topic and I created a new one.  While I am not naive enough to think I am the only one that'd suggest this, however anything older than 2 pages could be just about anywhere (if at all) in the results.

Again, my apologies for starting a topic about something I care about.

Icecomet

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Thinking about it, I wouldn't mind Instant Healing on a Scrapper being a toggle.  It would probably end up being highly depowered from the past toggle version, but I'm sure some scrappers out there enjoy their high recharge builds with situational use of IH as a click.

On a Stalker, I like it as a click.  I don't really want its recharge lowered (I don't really find myself just sitting in groups of enemies taking attacks...unless they use NB and he actually uses Provoke) but rather a higher amount of the +regen to be enhance-able.  I'd also like it to have a meta interaction with Dull Pain that, when you activate IH, it lowers the recharge (or just instantly recharges) DP so that powers helps in becoming another active heal and not just an Max HP cap tool.  Normally, I'd say give Stalker Regen some +recovery too but I've already dealt with the issue of +recovery and it is indeed manageable just like any other set.  In exchange for the recovery, just slightly better/more frequent clicks would be an equivalent exchange.

If Tankers get Regen, give them the old Moment of Glory.  And for Brute, maybe an alternate version of Quick Recovery that either boosts its fury gain in some way or something similar to Rad Armor that buffs Recovery normally but buffs Regen when HP is lower.

There, all armor ATs have a unique version of Regeneration.