Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Apparition

Co-Op DFB and DiB

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I strongly suggest that the Death from Below and Drowning in Blood trials be made co-op.  I spent over a half hour this evening trying to form a red side Death from Below on Excelsior.  I repeatedly advertised on the LFG channel, and advertised on a few Excelsior global channels.  Despite all that, only two other people showed any interest.  So, out of curiosity, I went to Pocket D, and tried forming a co-op DFB.  I didn't think it would work, but I thought it was worth a shot.  Eventually, we had six people.  Three Rogues, three Heroes.  Nope.  The game wouldn't let us queue.

 

It is a serious struggle to find teams red side, especially the DFB and DiB trials for some reason.  Making those two trials co-op would go a long way to smoothing out the red side play experience.

Edited by Apparition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's really going to bake your noodle is that Death From Below -already is- co-op between Hero and Villains; you just can't -launch- the Trial while there is a mismatch in the team composition.  But once it's started, the actual instance is co-op and has NPCs for both sides already in it.  They're just visible/invisible based on your current alignment.

I haven't tested this with Drowning in Blood yet, but I would not at all be surprised if it's the same deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ArchVileTerror said:

What's really going to bake your noodle is that Death From Below -already is- co-op between Hero and Villains; you just can't -launch- the Trial while there is a mismatch in the team composition.  But once it's started, the actual instance is co-op and has NPCs for both sides already in it.  They're just visible/invisible based on your current alignment.

I haven't tested this with Drowning in Blood yet, but I would not at all be surprised if it's the same deal.

 

I've heard that is the case, which just gives all the more reason as to why you should be able to launch them as a co-op team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can definitely run a hero team with a rogue with no issues 

 

I've done that before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

You can definitely run a hero team with a rogue with no issues 

 

I've done that before. 

 

Interesting.  I've read that you couldn't when Homecoming first launched, but I heard a couple of times that you could.  I actually tried to do so a couple of months ago.

 

I was in Mercy Island, and saw someone advertise a blue side DFB forming in Atlas.  I sent a tell, asking if there was still room, and if so, that I would head on over.  The person replied that he or she tried to invite my character, but could not.  I explained that I was red side, but I would be right there.  It took me about two minutes to get to Atlas Park... and the DFB team leader filled it without me.  I went back to Mercy.  About fifteen minutes later, someone else advertised a blue side DFB forming but didn't state where.  The last blue side DFB I did back around June was formed in the Sewers, so I didn't want to just assume Atlas.  So I sent the person a tell, asking where he or she was forming the blue side DFB.  The exact response was, and I quote, "DFB."  I replied, "Yes, but where are you forming?"  No reply.  After that, I just wrote off blue side DFBs (and well, blue side in general), as a bad idea.

Edited by Apparition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can run it if the Rogue is in a Hero zone, which temporarily flags them as a "Hero" as far as the Trial Launch window is concerned.  Likewise with Vigilantes in Villain zones.  But if you try to launch a Hero/Vigilante Team with a Rogue in it while in a co-op zone (Group Bases included) or a Vigilante in a Villain/Rogue Team, then you will get an error message in your chat log saying something to the effect of "So-and-so can not be teamed with."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in Atlas Park at the time.

 

In general on Everlasting everyone forms DFBs from Atlas Park and starts it when everyone is in zone. 

 

I noticed on Excelsior the Blue Side usually start inside the first room of the AP sewers (at least they did a few months ago) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, ArchVileTerror said:

You can run it if the Rogue is in a Hero zone, which temporarily flags them as a "Hero" as far as the Trial Launch window is concerned.  Likewise with Vigilantes in Villain zones.  But if you try to launch a Hero/Vigilante Team with a Rogue in it while in a co-op zone (Group Bases included) or a Vigilante in a Villain/Rogue Team, then you will get an error message in your chat log saying something to the effect of "So-and-so can not be teamed with."

What do you identify as?

  1. Hero
  2. Villain
  3. Vigilante
  4. Rogue
  5. Faction-less Lawful  Good Neutral Chaotic Evil type person, unbiased about who they hang out with.  Except Larry who is a jerk.  Harry, he is an asshole.  Not Barry, until he paid me back.  I don't want to talk about Sue, we broke up but keeps calling and doesn't have a clue.  Definitely not Mary, too possessive and psychotic.  Betty, meh she is ok but washes her hair a lot; can't figure out if she doesn't like me or a clean'o-phob.  The twins; Patty is cute (who I REALLY WANT to hang out with) but her brother Dick (you can figure out what I think of him) is always failing to understand the "Bro Code", either he thinks I am not good enough or Patty can do better like WAY BETTER then me; thought he was my Best Bro but guess he is Patty's Big Bro.  Ya know what, Dick is a jackass and the one person I can't stand so any of the others I wouldn't mind hanging out with.  And Batman, too dark and moody.
Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...