Homecoming Server Update (March 28th): Page 5 Testing, Anniversary Badge and more!

Jimmy

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Specifically, we’d like you to log in and run normal teams through normal content (ideally a normal team with no more than 1-2 Electrical Affinity characters!) on the Staging shards ("HC Staging" in Tequila / Island Rum). Assuming we get enough testing and no major issues arise, we aim to publish Page 5 to the live servers next week.

Isn't that still going to be limited as the Staging shards don't have console commands active to bump new toons to 50, so any Elec Affs tested would need to be newly created and therefore extremely limited in their power usage at first even if they were to be sidekicked by transfered over 50s.

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

They'd like to see Normal Play right now.  Basically they want to see what'll happen when they launch to Live Shards with regular day-to-day activities.  Just in case we get a repeat of the Tanker Taunt bug or the Phantom Army zoning bug.  Things that could probably have been caught on Beta/Staging if people weren't more focused on "testing" high level play.

• City Council
Just now, ArchVileTerror said:

They'd like to see Normal Play right now.  Basically they want to see what'll happen when they launch to Live Shards with regular day-to-day activities.  Just in case we get a repeat of the Tanker Taunt bug or the Phantom Army zoning bug.  Things that could probably have been caught on Beta/Staging if people weren't more focused on "testing" high level play.

Correct - we're not really looking for Electrical Affinity specific issues right now, hence requesting that people play varied teams 🙂

Character copies to Shadow are available as well.

• Thanks 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

4 hours ago, Zeraphia said:

I think because it is the 16th anniversary, what jumps out to me immediately is "Sweet Sixthteen" and the fact that when you're in high school (around that age), there is likely homecoming. I think "Homecoming" should actually be well within the title, and the fact that Homecoming reopened City of Heroes, I believe very well does justify that. "Homecoming ----" seems like a very reasonable badge idea. What immediately comes to mind for me is "Homecoming Excelsior" or "Stayed for Homecoming" "Homecoming King/Queen." Implying you've been around for a very long time and appreciated the game as old as it is. 🙂

I second this, but with the correct spelling:  "Sweet Sixteen" or "Sweet Sixteenth" - and what an excellent, full-circle type of reason:  Homecoming during High School (16-yr old's schooling)... and so many RP'ers who want to be 16-yr old children now will have a badge title... >.>

I do think a "Sweet Sixteen" Badge is a good idea, but not as the Anniversary Badge.  Maybe we could have a little impromptu Event whipped up which awards a Badge by that name?

"Energized" is also a good one, what with the impending Electrical Affinity, but sadly is already taken.  Perhaps we can find another word to play off the upcoming Page 5 Update?

"Reintegrated" - someone pointed out we have returned from the ether, like Scotty after being trapped in the transporter buffer for so long.

"Homecoming" is a peculiarly American thing and the rest of the world looks on wondering what you are talking about.

• Thanks 1

Captain Matsiyan, Office of Naval Intelligence, Terran Stellar Navy

Community Base Directory   •  Base Building Guide  •  City of Base Building Discord 

I like the name "Sweet". It implies sweet 16, and it would be a sweet title to have on my character.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn