AE - Dev Choice

Arcanum

• City Council

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to announce we're going to be bringing the AE Dev's Choice back into circulation!

If you would like to submit an AE Arc to be considered (either your own arc, or another player's), either send me a DM or post on the thread below. Please include the following information:

• The Arc ID#
  • The Arc Name
  • The global of the player that created it (i.e. @GM Arcanum)

Any arcs submitted will be reviewed by a team of GMs to determine an overall best to be selected for the Dev's Choice for that month.

Guidelines:

Prizes:

• Dev's Choice: If your arc is selected for the Dev's Choice, you will receive 1,000 Reward Merits and a Golden Title for one character.
  • Any time a new arc is selected; it will be announced in our next community update.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions or concerns! I can't wait to see what you all come up with! 

Edited by GM Arcanum
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Please contact me on the Homecoming Discord for a faster response! Arcanum#7164

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

Deleted. I have removed arcs temporarily to tweak.

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

Please consider my character origin story:

"Origin: Icecomet"    (Arc ID 24805 at AE)

Thanks!

P.S.

Not sure if AE is global to all shards, but this was created on Everlasting!

Edited by Icecomet
Added clarification on where arc is located.

Icecomet

Play my backstory arcs:

Origin: Icecomet  (Arc ID 24805), Origin: Icecomet - Chapter 2  (Arc ID 29282), Origin Icecomet - Chapter 3 (Arc ID 39625)

Chapters 4 & 5  (Under development, Coming Soon!)

Hello Heroes and Villains

I would like to submit my arc, Interdimensional Headache, which was submitted for Dr Aeon's third AE Contest.

Interdimensional Headache

Arc ID: 1260

3 missions with custom groups.

Please note, the theme of the contest was to create a morality changing mission. This particular arc makes you switch from Villain to a Rogue basically. So don't expect a purely villainous evil arc.

Thanks for your consideration and I hope you enjoy the missions!

This is incredibly exciting and much appreciated! 

I have several from live that you have helped see the light of day again. Three have won one or more player contests. They all have hours and hours of work in them and they have all been updated since publishing them to Homecoming. (Updated as I moved several to my main account)

• Rularularian - 848 - @Ankylosaur
  • The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 854 - @Ankylosaur
  • Save the Diver, Save the World - 855 - @Ankylosaur
  • Condemning Croatoa - 25869 - @Ankylosaur
  • Robolution - 25870 (Redside) & 27314 (Blueside) - @Ankylosaur

Edited by Ankylosaur
  • Like 2

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

Thanks for the gentle encouragement. Now if only there was some way to combine base builders, costume designers and arc creators!

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I'd like to offer my arc Zombie Ninja Pirates! for consideration (#18051).  It's a not entirely serious tale of salty sea dogs, zombie ninja pirates in a bottle, and a girl from the circus.

Edited by Grouchybeast

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

NOTE: arc is temporarily down for edits and additional play test.

I think of the arcs I've basically finished, this one is best so far:

#2: Hope and Bullets (Heroic lvls 15-20)
[Arc ID: 24554] @cranebump

The “Skullion” threat turns out to be just the beginning. The “Constellation” is still missing, and now, it seems the diamond thieves are after more than diamonds. Or rather, their overseers are. Call themselves “The Gatling Gang,” cowboys with high tech weaponry. Stymied in his investigation by Powers Division, Joe Freitag looks into it himself, accompanied off the books by a brilliant young cadet, Willie Sullivan. Of course, they stumble right into trouble, which causes Pep Becktrees to give you a call to bail them out. In doing so, however, you get pulled right back in. Seems you’re not the only interested party, either. Arachnos has their eye on the situation. Something called, “Project Orion.”

Arachnos. “Skullions.” The Gatlings. And Project Orion. All in a week’s work for you. But for others, the consequences are more tragic.

*It's can be challenging, depending on placement*

Edited by cranebump

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I'll add two more that I just debugged and cleaned up!

I wanted to add some mythological lore to Cimerora so I worked on several arcs:

Arc # 1261

Tales of Cimerora (Vol 1): Of feathers and Fur

5 missions with custom groups.

This arc won "best arc" at a player sponsored contest.

Arc # 1262

Tales of Cimerora (Vol 2): From Tartarus with Love

5 missions with custom groups.

They are meant to be played in the order (volume 1 then 2) but they can be enjoyed separately!

Hope you like them!

Edited by Nebulhym

5 hours ago, Summerspark said:

Have we to take it this is no longer judged by players like it used to be? I've been getting nothing but vagary and squirming about this topic.

It was never "judged by players"

That's why it's called Dev' Choice!

ArcID: 17374

Name: The Game of Thorns

Perpetrator: @boilinghands

Circle of Thorns Online, the hit MMO from Abraxas Entertainment, has ground entire economies to a standstill. More addictive than high-grade narcotics, more popular than Pocket D and more contagious than the common cold, the game boasts a playerbase in the billions. And some people take it very, very seriously....

Your blissful ignorance of the Massively Multiplayer Roleplaying world comes to an end when your S.C.U.M.B.A.G. app (Sociopath Criminals Undertaking Morally Bankrupt Assignments Gladly) receives a curious job offer: make the standard assassination fee, simply in exchange for ruining a rival guild's in-game event.

What could possibly go wrong?

• Haha 1
UPS1xkf.png

I have to shill mine... a little thing I wrote in the final days of the original game in 2012 and managed to save.

Arc ID: 20705

Name: Defeat NPC Soft -Save the World!

Author: @LooneyToons

Description:  The end of the world is coming - let's fight back against the cause: The evil executives at NPC Soft, who have sworn to tear down both the City of Heroes and the City of Villains.

Edited by LooneyToons

• 2 weeks later

I wrote this arc to depict my main's origin and how he first encountered his super group. The story is told through NPC dialog as well as AE contact interaction, clues, and pop ups, so if you wish the full experience, please do follow along. Thank you for your consideration. Mad love to all who make Homecoming possible!

• Arc ID# 25982
  • Title: Hi, Jacked! (an origin story)
  • Global ID: @Adetos
Edited by Prometheas
Updated with recent feedback from participants. Very happy with final state.

So, I whipped up a little something featuring Hellions, doing all the things that Hellions love best. Starting fires. Summoning demons. Arson. Smuggling magical artifacts and using them for power. Pyromania. Worshiping dark forces. Setting things aflame. Partying to cool electronica music. Igniting materials. Graffiti artistry. Watching things burn. Identity theft. Firebombing. It's all good fun, but when their cleverest Arsonist starts the Hellions on the path toward escalation, only a Hero of approximately security level 5-14 will be able to save the city... and the day! Featuring fan favorite obscure hero Max Action of the Civic Squad as the mission contact, all this and more awaits you in... The River Of Fire!

• Arc ID# 26057
  • Title: River of Fire!
  • Global ID: @Clairvoyance

• 2 weeks later

Cranebump presents: "Friends & Lovers." [Arc ID: 26757]

A 5-mission vigilante arc for lvls 10-15

Your "mischief" has gotten you tossed in the klink. But fear not. The enigmatic Triistanna Caine of the "special" PPD detachment is willing to make a deal. Investigate the possible reformation of the leaderless Vahzilok in exchange for your freedom. With Doc Vahz in the Zig, how hard could that be?

Hello All! GM Sparky suggested that I enter my story arc here for everyone to check out!

The "Princess of Budapest" is a five-part story that's only the first chapter in a larger narrative, titled "Thirteen Against the Night", and introduces the MC to a shadow organization called "The Bureau 13". The Bureau is tasked with protecting society at large from "things man was not meant to know", and they've offered your character a contract for a large sum to lend a hand with a mission in Budapest, Hungary (because your MC possesses a "very particular set of skills" of course!). What begins as a simple enough job - keeping one of their prospective assets from getting himself killed, going after the wrong target - turns into something more sinister and complicated, involving your character on a deeper level. 

A desperate agent, out of options, asks for your help to see this through to the nightmarish conclusion, and potentially landing yourself a permanent place with the Bureau. You'll meet several interesting personalities along the way, who all play a crucial role in the future of the Bureau and how the story moves forward. There's Frank Kovacs, the asset the Bureau would like to recruit, who has also has a death wish, pursuing one of the most deadly assassins in Eastern Europe; Aleksi Todorov, "The Slav", is a world-class assassin who Frank believes murdered his wife many years before; William "Billy" Sutton, a loner and Special Agent with the Bureau has a history with both men, and has the impossible task of preventing a bloody standoff; Davos Shaw, also a ruthless killing machine, is the "fourth man" who rounds out the "rogue's gallery". and Special Agent James Tyler is the man calling the shots, trying to keep these men from killing each other long enough to get the job done.  

Can you help Tyler pull this off? Can you keep these men alive long enough to figure out what's really going on and who's pulling the strings in Hungary's criminal underworld? If you think you have what it takes, Tyler and the Bureau 13 are waiting for you.

Hope you enjoy!

ARC 27008

Title: Thirteen Against the Night

Global ID: @MajorHotpants

If you've completed the Princess of Budapest and enjoyed it, contact me here for the next series of missions: "Farewell to the Old Guard"

Edited by kenobi26
Re-published
  • Like 1