[v3.0.1] Gravity/Time/Primal ... Wibbly-Wobbly Timey Wimey

Redlynne

So ... it's that time again.  Time to refresh another build of mine.

The first version of my Gravity/Time build efforts can be found HERE.

The second version of my Gravity/Time build efforts can be found HERE.

And this version can be found ... well ... here ...

Strap in kids, because we're about to warp the spacetime continuum in ways that can only be described as ... wibbly wobbly timey wimey ...  spacer.png

And as always, fair warning (because it's obligatory at this point) ... WALL OF TEXT CRITS YOU!!!

However, if you want to skip the wall of text (to avoid the crits) ... you can.

Right ... moving on ...

So I made a number of pretty radical changes to the previous builds in this rebuild effort.  For one thing I broke up the Controller ATO sets to better leverage them across the entirety of the build ... specifically the Overpowering Presence set got broken up into 3 pieces of 2-slots each to maximize the global set bonuses to mez effects on ALL mez powers (it's not a lot, but it's better than the 3/4/5-slot bonuses for the set).  This in turn allowed me to better tailor what was needed (and what wasn't) for slotting into Wormhole and Gravity Distortion Field, which then prompted a remarkable amount of reshuffling of slots between powers (as you'll be able to see below).  Dropping from 6 slots to One Slot Wonder™ status for Tactics also helped in this regard (go figure, eh?).

I experimented with dropping the Leadership pool in favor of picking up Primal Forces Mastery and adding Spirit Ward (for use along with Temporal Selection) on Singularity so as to make my Singularity as ridiculously bufftacular an aggro magnet as could theoretically be managed ... and I was playing around with that notion for a while, but I really wanted to keep Tactics so as to be able to buff damage output remarkably on Teams (and Leagues) via the Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-control Build Up proc slotted into Tactics.  That's because the damage buffing from Build Up procs also affects the bonus (crit?) damage produced by Impact via Propel and Lift on $Targets affected by Gravity Distortion.  So the Build Up + Impact factor is a serious force multiplier for this build in terms of damage production, so I really did not want to have to sacrifice Tactics if there was a way to be able to keep Tactics in the build.

The problem was, I needed to dump a power pick if I wanted to fit everything into the build.

9 primary powers

9 secondary powers

Mystic Flight

Hasten (to synergize with Chrono Shift)

2 Leadership toggles (to get Tactics)

... and that's 22 out of 24 power picks ... and it takes 3 power picks to reach Power Boost in Primal Forces Mastery.

So if I wanted to have Power Boost AND Tactics ... something had to go from the build.  There just wasn't room to keep EVERYTHING.

Now, for most people ... the answer if you're going to dump anything out of Gravity OR Time Manipulation is ... dump Dimension Shift.

That's because Dimension Shift is (still) carrying a stigma from the earliest days of heroism in Paragon City, when Intangible powers like Dimension Shift lacked the necessary Player control(s) to expire the power early on command.  The result wound up being more of a team griefing tool (back then) and although Dimension Shift is now FAR more multi-player friendly (although you can still grief people with it, much like how you can grief people using Knockback too), all too many Players continue to shun Dimension Shift for reasons of its bad reputation from days of yore that no longer align with actual in-game "reality" as played here on Homecoming.

However, I noticed something rather unusual about Dimension Shift as I was working up this rebuild.  It makes for an almost ideal way to proc the Overwhelming Presence: Energy Font, practically On Demand(!) ... with or without a $Target being present(!).  Specifically, I figured out a way to frankenslot Dimension Shift with the Endurance/Recharge and Recharge/Energy Font proc enhancements ... and NOTHING ELSE ... and wind up with either a 66.57% chance (@ Level 27 enhancement) or a 90% chance (Superior Overwhelming Presence) to spawn an Energy Font pet upon CASTING Dimension Shift, assuming I've got my Proc Fu lined up right for how procs work for this power upon casting (so there's some speculative theorycrafting at work here).

First of all, Dimension Shift is basically a Summon power, functionally speaking.  What Dimension Shift "does" under the hood (I'm assuming) is it Summons a single (pseudo)pet at the specified location, just like a Mastermind Pet or even Controller Pets.  The Dimension Shift (pseudo)pet then generates the AoE field around itself that causes the phasing effect within the AoE (of allies and foes alike) and imposes the Immobilize effect on foes within the field.  The key point I'm wanting to make here is that the Summoning of the Dimension Shift (pseudo)pet is a ranged SINGLE target action, which is important for Proc Fu calculations, because within this context there's a VERY large distinction between procs that can affect a (pseudo)pet and procs that will "flow through" that (pseudo)pet to affect foes.

We know, for example, because people have tested it, that you can slot a Force Feedback proc into Singularity ... but the only time when it will proc (to the benefit of a Controller or Dominator) is when a Singularity is Summoned.  Upon Summoning there is essentially a (capped) 90% chance for the Force Feedback proc to actually proc (due to the 240s base recharge time for Singularity) for the caster, even though a Knockback power isn't being "used" in when your Singularity is Summoned (take note of this point).  However, after being Summoned, the Force Feedback proc is functionally "useless" to your Singularity since like all other pets Singularity is "immune" to recharge buffing and debuffing ... so even if Force Feedback procs for Singularity after being Summoned, there's simply no benefit to your Singularity from a successful proc of Force Feedback (because: ignores recharge buffing/debuffing).  However, slotting the Will of the Controller: Psionic Damage proc into Singularity WILL check for chances to proc on basically EVERY Crush and Gravity Distortion attack that your Singularity will make against $Targets.  So that's a situation where with Singularity a damage proc is only relevant AFTER completing the Summons (not during), because the Singularity needs to attack in order to proc the relevant damage keyed proc(s) ... but some non-damage procs can be activated to buff the caster just from the act of Summoning the Singularity pet (as the Force Feedback example demonstrates).

I therefore submit for consideration and testing the notion that the same (poorly documented!) "rules" apply to Dimension Shift as well upon casting/summoning the Dimension Shift (pseudo)pet.

If so ... and I have every reason to think that this is so until evidence has been provided to the contrary ... that would mean that Dimension Shift has a "high" chance to proc an Overpowering Presence: Energy Font upon casting/summoning, due to the long base recharge time of 60s ... but then a correspondingly "low" chance for additional Energy Font procs once moving into a toggle/sustain mode of checking proc chances once every ~10 seconds.

Now, if I'm right about this (and I might not be...) that means that simply doing a quick toggle on/toggle off of Dimension Shift (to avoid endurance costs of sustaining the power) could have a very high chance of summoning an Energy Font ... and in the build I'm presenting below that can be done again in less than 20 seconds(!) after detoggling Dimension Shift while under the effects of Hasten and Chrono Shift combined (to say nothing of the Force Feedback procs slotted into other powers speeding things up beyond that).  Even more amazingly, the proc chance for summoning an Energy Font would not need a hostile $Target to cast against ... unlike how slotting the Energy Font proc into Crushing Field would require things to work.

If you slot the Energy Font proc into Crushing Field you'll have a low chance to proc the Energy Font per $Target hit ... but Crushing Field is a Target AoE that can hit up to 16 $Targets ... and you only need ONE successful proc per use of Crushing Field in order to summon an Energy Font.  So with the Energy Font proc slotted into Crushing Field you need to resort to the Chuck Lots of Dice!!™ strategy in order to get Energy Font to proc (reliably) by using Crushing Field against LOTS of $Targets to maximize your chances of a successful proc ... which is fine ... so long as you're in a $Target Rich Environment that allows you to do that.  However, as soon as the number of $Targets drop, the chances of successfully summoning an Energy Font upon use of Crushing Field goes WAY DOWN.  On top of that, Crushing Field is EXPENSIVE in endurance cost terms to cast.  I've found that spamming Crushing Field is a great way to empty the blue bar in a hurry!

So, Crushing Field as a means to proc Energy Font(s) works as long as you have (plenty of) $Targets to cast against, which will often be the case in Team-8 circumstances ... but Dimension Shift is different.

I'm figuring that the chance to proc an Energy Font is greatest upon casting/summoning and Dimension Shift doesn't need a $Target in order to cast the power against.  That means that you can cast Dimension Shift with ZERO $Targets and still proc an Energy Font, I'm thinking.  You probably won't get more than one Energy Font at a time using Dimension Shift this way, but with the build I've made you don't exactly NEED to have more than one Energy Font summoned at a time.  Besides, the Stun Aura that the Energy Font will project will combine with the Immobilize that the Dimension Shift is enforcing, creating a "ghetto hold" of Immobilize+Stun just when (and where) you need it when using Dimension Shift.

Which is a long winded way of saying (and saying WHY) when it came time to drop a power out of the build ... I dropped Crushing Field and kept Dimension Shift.

spacer.png

Now, for anyone who might think that is a TERRIBLE idea and they would NEVER do anything like that for their own character builds(!) ... rest easy.  If you want to swap out Dimension Shift for Crushing Field in the build I'm posting below, you can ... although you'll very likely want to swap the Overwhelming Presence enhancements I've got in Time Stop with the ones I've got in Dimension Shift in addition to the powers swap.  Reason for this is because Crushing Field NEEDS Accuracy if it's going to hit anything, while Dimension Shift neither needs (nor accepts) Accuracy enhancements, so a straight power swap while keeping the same enhancements probably won't end well.  Word to the wise and all that.

Part of the reason why I feel like I can get away with this kind of departure from the conventional wisdom is because of how Dimension Shift works now.  Dimension Shift is a toggle Immobilize that also phases both friends AND foes within the area of effect ... and at 0.36 end/s in this build, over 20s it will cost no more than 7.2 endurance total before Dimension Shift automatically detoggles (and you can always toggle off yourself before that 20s duration if you want to).  To get the same kind of low endurance cost out of Crushing Field per Click, Crushing Field would need to be slotted with 116.67% endurance reduction (good luck with that!).  Basically, Dimension Shift "does the same job" that Crushing Field can (in Immobilize terms) at lower cost and admittedly less frequently overall, but often enough to be useful regardless of whether there are $Targets around to take advantage of for Energy Font procs.  And because Dimension Shift can be detoggled early, dropping the effect, it's perfectly possible to quickly toggle on/off someplace out of the way (like say, BEHIND a team so you don't mess with where they're going if you need to) so as to spawn an Energy Font and THEN engage a new spawn group of $Targets.  In other words, Dimension Shift can work as a proc mule (in a "vacuum" of $Targets) in ways that Crushing Field cannot.  At the same time, Dimension Shift can "do" almost everything you'd want to use Crushing Field for in terms of Immobilization (the damage production by Crushing Field is so small as to be negligible in this comparison) and the number of (useful!) uses that Dimension Shift can be put to by a clever(!) Player who is experienced with using the power are remarkably broad and varied, including what amounts to non-combat "prep" uses, visual signaling, choke point protection/defense and even divide and conquer when faced with overrun situations due to ambush spawns.

There are of course plenty of obnoxious uses that Dimension Shift can be put to, but I'm not interested in pursuing those kinds of group unfriendly applications.

So ... for me at least, Crushing Field is OUT ... while Dimension Shift stays IN ... and just like that I had just barely enough power picks to take Tactics AND Power Boost and not feel like I'd sacrificed a core capability the Gravity Control  OR Time Manipulation powersets.  If anything, keeping Dimension Shift in the build when working with Gravity Control and Time Manipulation backed by Primal Mastery feels even MORE thematically synergistic than I was expecting (or I supposed is even standard for builds like this one).

Needless to say, this radical departure from the Conventional Wisdom had numerous knock on effects for the rest of the build(!) and my description of all of this probably isn't doing the combinations and synergies that this unlocks adequate justice, since a lot of the applications that Dimension Shift can be put to amount to Creative/Clever Use Of Game Mechanics™ in a variety of situations, so how "good" Dimension Shift is for any given Player will be HIGHLY dependent upon that Player's level of skill and direct experience with how to use Dimension Shift, and how well teammates can be ... educated ... to understand its uses, applications, limitations and ways it can in effect both concentrate and defer aggro depending on relative positioning due to the "can't cross the boundary of the bubble" nature of how Dimension Shift works.  Not everyone is willing to learn new things, let alone new tricks or ways to play the game ... but some people are, and the most effective way to do that is with demonstrations to SHOW HOW it can be done, because for some people they have to see it before they can believe it (let alone begin to imagine the wealth of possibilities).

So yes, this TOTALLY means that in this build, Dimension Shift is not an "oh sh*t!" button used 0-1 times per gaming session.

Instead, Dimension Shift is fully intended to be an integrated part of the entire "best defense is an unfair offense" strategy that this build uses to pre-emptively neutralize opposition before they can even respond to defend themselves.  I'm looking at using Dimension Shift as often as "every spawn group" (or even just every other spawn group on a fast moving steamroll) even if that usage is not directly impactful on the active combat happening at the time, since simply casting Dimension Shift and toggling it off after a second or so will (I'm thinking) often times summon an Energy Font to assist the beatdown to be delivered.

Go. Hunt. DS Skuls.

Because as with so many things worth doing in life ... practice makes permanent.

Make Dimension Shift a part of how you engage in almost every situation.

Use it ... and then learn how to abuse it through tactical positioning to the detriment of your adversaries.

What you get out of it depends on how much thought you put into it.

The next really radical change that I made from previous builds was to slot up Distortion Field as something of a remarkably "pure" AoE damage proc monster power with SIX damage procs slotted into it.  My reason for wanting to put all of those damage procs into Distortion Field instead of Time Stop is because I've already got perfectly serviceable single target attack powers that can be buffed multiplicatively by Containment, Impact and Build Up procs ... while damage procs slotted into Time stop would be boosted by NONE of those buffs.  With 4 fully slotted single target attack powers in Gravity Control, I'm hardly desperate to add a 5th single target attack make up of nothing but procs ... however, a (location) Target AoE that will let me put it down anywhere I want every ~23s and lasts for 45s meaning multiple proc chances over the duration of each casting?  Where's the dotted line for me to sign on?

Because the one thing that Gravity sincerely lacks as an attack power set is AoE damage output.  Gravity has single target damage output pretty well covered, but AoE damage output ... not so much.  So slotting up Distortion Field with 6 damage procs so as to turn the power into a power that can "maim" multiple $Targets who remain "trapped" within the AoE gives the build something that Gravity alone was lacking.  The key for me in this decision was that Distortion Field is relatively quick to cast (2.244s arcanatime) after which it does not require additional animation time to inflict its proc damage against an AoE, allowing me to concentrate on attacking/animating other powers while Distortion Field "burns stuff down" for me relatively hands free ... and it lasts a good long while (and you can have more than one out simultaneously, and they can stack!).

I then provided ample "support" for this new use for Distortion Field as a means of damage delivery by radically changing the slotting on Slowed Response to turn it into not only a Target AoE damage power (90% chance to proc 2 damage procs and up to -42.5% Resistance debuffing!) but also something that can be recast every ~30s as an "accelerator" for damage dealing against an entire spawn group, speeding up the amount of time it takes to defeat all foes in a particular spawn group.  The basic idea here is that doing Slowed Response followed by Distortion Field will magnify the amount of AoE damage that all the procs slotted into Distortion Field will be capable of producing, increasing the AoE damage throughput of the combination.

And then ... on top of all of that ... I added Energy Torrent as a stepping stone in Primal Forces Mastery to be able to reach Power Boost, but in this case I fully slotted up Energy Torrent in such a way as to enable the power to have increased Range (out to ~62ft) producing decent damage (64.89 Smashing/Energy mixed) with a 17.37% chance per $Target to proc an additional -20% Resistance debuff along with an 11.58% chance per $Target for a Force Feedback proc.  This means that in the late/end-game the build has a power, Energy Torrent, that can very nearly proc Force Feedback almost at will for increased recharge buffing across the entire build in a $Target Rich Environment.  Combine the Force Feedback proc potential of Energy Torrent with the proc potential of Lift and Propel and it starts becoming relatively easy to close the "perma gap" for Hasten and Chrono Shift despite the relatively low global recharge amounts realized within this build.

Another interesting point is what happens to how it plays after fully slotting out Wormhole by Level 31.  Basically everything changes at that point (as it tends to do for Gravity Control builds in general).  I say this because here's what I'm assuming happens when playing this build solo starting at Level 36:

Wormhole > Slowed Response > Distortion Field > Dimension Shift ... begin single target rotation with Singularity and possibly an Energy Font while INSIDE the Dimension Shift ...

... season to taste with Energy Torrent if available.

I figure that ought to ruin the day of pretty much any $Target that the Wormhole is capable of teleporting into a neat and tidy pile wherever you want ... after which the beatings will now commence until the faceplanting improves ... or words to that effect, and with all of that debuffing and proc damage going on, it won't take anywhere nearly as long to destroy entire spawn groups in detail.  For one thing, Dimension Shift will Immobilize everything for you so as to establish Containment before you start "shooting the fish in the barrel" of your Dimension Shift sphere of "oh $Diety, they're all gonna drop for XP!"

Note that this particular combination of powers to open with, with Hasten alone, can be done every ~35s (and about every ~30s with Hasten and Chrono Shift) or so and allows you to defeat foes on (presumably cleared) terrain that is safe for you to fight on without needing to worry about drawing additional aggro.  That then allows you to control the battlespace (and battletime?) to your own advantage and circumstances.  After all, why fight "fair" when you don't have to?  After all, you're somewhat literally controlling the warping of the spacetime continuum through use of your powers, and needing to "fight fair" isn't one of the requirements for you in order to do all that.

As seen in previous builds, I'm keeping the Decimation Build Up proc in Propel with the intent to score procs from use of Propel but also the Gaussian's Build Up proc in Tactics (which has an averaged 12.5% chance to proc every ~10s while Singularity is within 60ft of your Controller and being buffed by Tactics).  The combination of these two procs ought to markedly increase the damage potential of Crush, Lift, Gravity Distortion and Propel, to say nothing of the multiplicative effects on Containment and Impact damage results when buffed by a Build Up proc.  In a solo context, I fully expect to see a higher than normal number of Build Up procs when using this build because of how I've invested in powers and slots for those powers.  However, those Build Up procs will not buff the damage output of any damage procs in the build, since damage procs are unaffected by damage buffs ... but ... those same damage procs will improve their damage throughput when resistance debuffing gets factored in, and both Slowed Response and Energy Torrent can deliver on Resistance debuffing (as will Crush, Lift, Gravity Distortion and Propel).  I'm thinking that the combination of damage buffing and resistance debuffing that this build manages to put together ought to allow for significantly more overall damage throughput than might be expected just looking at the raw damage numbers in the build planner.  Just remember that Dimension Shift is your AoE Containment setup power, since Dimension Shift will Immobilize $Targets caught within the field boundary.

The one regret that I have with this build is that there simply wasn't room to fit in Spirit Ward for use on Singularity.  Having both Temporal Selection AND Spirit Ward for Singularity would no doubt make Singularity absurdly difficult to damage sufficiently to threaten, short of AV/GM and/or Hamidon type incoming damage levels.  However, in a choice between Spirit Ward and Temporal Selection, there's really no contest as Temporal Selection offers a greater benefit on teams (+Damage, +Recharge and +Regeneration!?) and 2 of those properties are useful for sustaining a Singularity.  Even better yet, since a Singularity cannot be healed, but the Regeneration of a Singularity can be buffed, Temporal Selection becomes the "go to heal" power for avoiding the need to resummon your Singularity.

spacer.png

So, although having both Temporal Selection and Spirit Ward would be "nice to have" ... if I can only take one (and in this build I can only take one!) then Temporal Selection wins the prize.  Trust me, this way is better than the alternative.

However, that said ...

Here in the (now v3.0.1) build I've reshuffled some slots around (pulled 5 slots out of Tactics, leaving it a One Slot Wonder™ power with only the Gaussian's Synchronized Fire Control Build Up proc) so as to slot up Temporal Mending with a full 5 slots of the Regenerative Tissue set and then moved Preventative Medicine into Temporal Selection.  What I'm hoping will happen as a result of this is to find out of EVERYONE gets the benefit of the +25% Regeneration for 120s(!) from the Regenerative Tissue unique IO, applied via PBAoE(!), and not just the Controller casting it so as to make Temporal Mending an even stronger Regeneration buffing power.  However, the real prize of this shift is that by slotting up Temporal Selection with a full set of Preventative Medicine the Temporal Selection power adds a whopping +302.2% Regeneration (and +25% Damage buff and +30% Recharge buff!) to whatever Temporal Selection is cast upon ... which can include your Singularity(!) that can't be "healed" per se, but which can have its Regeneration buffed in order to "heal itself" over time, making Singularity an even beefier/tankier aggro magnet (which I have now slotted the Soulbound Allegiance Build Up proc into for even beefier/burstier damage production on top of what Temporal Selection is doing!).  Now, if I'm right that the Regenerative Tissue +25% Regeneration will be "spread" through Temporal Mending, then that Regeneration buff can stack on top of everything else getting piled onto Singularity ...

So ... yeah ... ch-ch-ch-changes ... from the v2.0 (and even v3.0) build ...

There are a few other tricks and synergies to be found in the overall structure of this particular build, notably the Winter's Bite proc in Crush.  Pretty much all of the Containment enhanced damage from this build belongs to Crush, Lift, Gravity Distortion and Propel, which even as early as Level 8 can make for a decently solid attack chain rotation that makes the most of Containment AND Impact mechanics.

A HUGE amount of the way this whole thing is supposed to work involves opening up with Wormhole (to relocate $Targets where you want them and Stun them in the process) for Divide and Conquer.  Follow up with Slowed Response and Energy Torrent to apply the most resistance debuffing possible and likely scoring a Force Feedback proc within 3.34s after using Wormhole.  Lay down Distortion Field and Dimension Shift, in that order, and you've got everything Right Where You Want Them for being destroyed in detail after another 3.2s of animation (6.64s total after Wormhole at this point) and probably have an Energy Font summoned and proceeding to attack whatever you sucked through the Wormhole.  Use Time Crawl and Time Stop against anything "obnoxious" in the soon to be compost heap before advancing into the Gravity Distortion, Propel, Lift, Crush, repeat phase of the beatdown you're primed to deliver to (presumably) helpless $Targets who can't fight back.

Just remember that how you'll fight on a team will be QUITE different from how you fight solo.

The last thing I'll mention is that this new v3.0.1 build incorporates the new Synapse's Shock set IOs into the build, exchanging 0.05 endurance per second for +15% Run speed relative to the previous build versions ... an "expense" that I'm willing to pay (since it's basically a loss of 1 endurance per 20 seconds).  The reason that I mention this is because it means that the build can only be opened using the updated Mids' Reborn planner with (to my knowledge) the MRBU Update applied to it, as of the time of this posting (this may change as updates to the build planners get posted and people upgrade).

And that's pretty much all I think I ought to be saying about this build at this point.  So ... on with the build post itself!  💫

Edited by Redlynne
v3.0.1
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1532;774;1548;HEX;|
|78DA6D944D4C135110C7DFDB7D055B0A14DA42299F2DDF1F2D34E24544131109069|
|226126F5A97B2C826A5DB6C0B91A3078F7C281A341A3F11F4E281AB27EFEAC1B337|
|63541441A2267AA9D39D296CC44D36BF9DD937F39F99F776472F9F723E1FBA72827|
|1D7404249A763037A3263E889846A38C6D4F854524FE897E658EE2A843BB8FF3ABF|
|323C6428B35A662E6F072C4B4ECE4C4E86C7B4693536AA24B5D44C42C9687A9239A|
|33AC49DD58DB86ACC39D048A9EA44A9F938A22A13AA919ED25265A63D9C9CD5D2DA|
|B8960011FF604A8B87A38636AD2462A77309D2903A9D813C3E28AF1DEE79CEE8CAC|
|AAC1F50203389285605637EC10AD691F73C7B6BC10644EC6C01E23145D6C6E799B9|
|4E5A403A1691CE25A4EB1AD02D98E7AAC49847B04508942956CE6B124BD68175829|
|53C05D60AE6FB2D99B6EF8F64DACBCD8CD9A816DB3BF0D9055BE238F65CBEC215D4|
|3C748B789B6ABA83F4DC05FA04ABC8D502BC0FBDD93156D88F72734DA00FD9740CD|
|9D28F6C3DCE4DBDEB80228CE1451E9C91B312F900F21573ACAFF805F6FB107CA554|
|5FE927E8DC6F67AD9F65CCB9896CFF42FC4ADC92CD992D43AE328A2D73A3467905B|
|2EB27CEA6EB173244B30AD1AC1E81AE9B62DD6B587BC7A08C54C89EE6A64E571C75|
|23C3101B11EC31C47AA9476F39EA55789141187625F558D989E7E106D855A455750|
|173F963C89A8B440559374E7C2FCCF9AC825635E693AA8FE039A82306BCDCDCA772|
|D0AC25CDDA006ADE04BB9E34EBE9FC34ECE00C1ABE137791811F3893D000F6F7043|
|483141B7C8BBE4619EB6AB4110B70564D2FF19C35BDC6FD5C83D866AAB7795E326B|
|6959268E72936EA8B78DCE69DB338C7B05E93AC9D74973DB753216A63AC2BDD8437|
|79E1BB8A6FB03EDCD473C1311FA8EDE80D943F97A285F8DF8F75B15B9B6F3BE6C87|
|F57D162ED663F584304BE4C0AAC3073CBDFF891BB1FAEC5065896051B1F7A760BC1|
|A2BB2BBF6FE00D92D07BCA79DE57DD8F9F6BE4FE201DC05D7193CA9FE73DCDCC96F|
|D6B836D4DFB1C66DD25F6C9BBE9A159CDAB82377A6515BB13C9FB73C472DCF7F01B|
|684E654|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Level 50 Technology Controller
Primary Power Set: Gravity Control
Secondary Power Set: Time Manipulation

Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Primal Forces Mastery

Hero Profile:

Spoiler

Level 1:    Crush    
 (A) HamiO: Peroxisome Exposure (+2 Dam/Mez)
 (3) HamiO: Peroxisome Exposure (+2 Dam/Mez)
 (5) Winter's Bite - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (7) Winter's Bite - Recharge/Chance for -Speed & -Recharge: Level 27

Level 1:    Time Crawl    
 (A) Accuracy IO: Level 50+5

Level 2:    Lift    
 (A) Entropic Chaos - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (3) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (11) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (13) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (17) Entropic Chaos - Chance of Heal Self: Level 20
 (21) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge: Level 21

Level 4:    Gravity Distortion    
 (5) HamiO: Peroxisome Exposure (+2 Dam/Mez)
 (15) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge: Level 31
 (15) Devastation - Chance of Hold: Level 30
 (25) Lockdown - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 31
 (25) Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold: Level 30

Level 6:    Mystic Flight    
 (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points): Level 10

Level 8:    Propel    
 (A) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage: Level 27
 (9) Decimation - Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (9) Decimation - Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (11) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 27
 (21) Decimation - Chance of Build Up: Level 25
 (23) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge: Level 25

Level 10:    Temporal Mending    
 (A) Regenerative Tissue - Heal/Endurance: Level 27
 (34) Regenerative Tissue - Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (37) Regenerative Tissue - Heal/Recharge: Level 27
 (39) Regenerative Tissue - Heal/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (40) Regenerative Tissue - +Regeneration: Level 10

Level 12:    Dimension Shift    
 (A) Overpowering Presence - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (13) Overpowering Presence - RechargeTime/Energy Font: Level 27

Level 14:    Time's Juncture    
 (A) Dark Watcher's Despair - Chance for Recharge Slow: Level 21

Level 16:    Temporal Selection    
 (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal: Level 27
 (40) Preventive Medicine - Heal/Endurance: Level 27
 (40) Preventive Medicine - Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (42) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (42) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance: Level 27
 (42) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb: Level 20

Level 18:    Gravity Distortion Field    
 (A) Overpowering Presence - Confused/Hold/Immobilized/Sleep/Stunned/Terrorized/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (19) Overpowering Presence - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilized/Sleep/Stunned/Terrorized/Endurance/RechargeTime: Level 27
 (45) Lockdown - Accuracy/Hold: Level 31
 (45) Lockdown - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 31
 (46) Lockdown - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge/Hold: Level 31
 (46) Lockdown - Chance for +2 Mag Hold: Level 30

Level 20:    Distortion Field    
 (A) Impeded Swiftness - Chance of Damage(Smashing): Level 10
 (43) Gladiator's Net - Chance of Damage(Lethal): Level 10
 (43) Neuronic Shutdown - Chance of Damage(Psionic): Level 10
 (43) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic): Level 20
 (45) Will of the Controller - Recharge/Chance for Psionic Damage: Level 27
 (50) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage: Level 50

Level 22:    Time Stop    
 (A) Overpowering Presence - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilized/Sleep/Stunned/Terrorized: Level 27
 (23) Overpowering Presence - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilized/Sleep/Stunned/Terrorized/Endurance: Level 27

Level 24:    Hasten    
 (A) Recharge Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 26:    Wormhole    
 (A) Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized: Level 27
 (27) Will of the Controller - Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized/Recharge: Level 27
 (29) Will of the Controller - Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (29) Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized/Endurance: Level 27
 (31) Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Confused/Hold/Immobilize/Sleep/Stun/Terrorized/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (31) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown: Level 21

Level 28:    Farsight    
 (A) HamiO: Cytoskeleton Exposure (+2 Def/End/ToHit)
 (31) HamiO: Cytoskeleton Exposure (+2 Def/End/ToHit)
 (34) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed: Level 25

Level 30:    Assault    
 (A) Endurance Reduction IO: Level 50+5

Level 32:    Singularity    
 (33) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage: Level 31
 (33) Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance: Level 31
 (33) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge: Level 31
 (34) Expedient Reinforcement - Resist Bonus Aura for Pets: Level 30
 (46) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up: Level 50

Level 35:    Slowed Response    
 (A) Analyze Weakness - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge: Level 50
 (36) Shield Breaker - Accuracy/Recharge: Level 27
 (36) Shield Breaker - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge: Level 27
 (36) Shield Breaker - Chance for Lethal Damage: Level 10
 (37) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 10
 (37) Touch of Lady Grey - Chance for Negative Damage: Level 21

Level 38:    Chrono Shift    
 (A) Efficacy Adaptor - EndMod/Recharge: Level 50+5
 (39) Performance Shifter - EndMod/Recharge: Level 50+5
 (39) Doctored Wounds - Heal/Recharge: Level 50+5

Level 41:    Tactics    
 (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up: Level 21

Level 44:    Conserve Power    

Level 47:    Energy Torrent    
 (A) HamiO: Centriole Exposure (+2 Dam/Range)
 (48) HamiO: Centriole Exposure (+2 Dam/Range)
 (48) Detonation - Damage/Endurance/Range: Level 50+5
 (48) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance: Level 27
 (50) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff: Level 20
 (50) Force Feedback - Chance for +Recharge: Level 21

Level 49:    Power Boost    

Level 1:    Containment    

Level 1:    Brawl    
 (A) Accuracy IO: Level 50

Level 1:    Sprint    
 (A) Celerity - +Stealth: Level 15

Level 2:    Rest    
 (A) Interrupt Reduction IO: Level 50

Level 2:    Swift    
 (A) HamiO: Microfilament Exposure (+2 End/Fly/Jump/Run)

Level 2:    Hurdle    
 (A) Jumping IO: Level 50+5

Level 2:    Health    
 (A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance: Level 10
 (17) Miracle - +Recovery: Level 20
 (27) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery: Level 30

Level 2:    Stamina    
 (A) Synapse's Shock - EndMod: Level 27
 (7) Synapse's Shock - EndMod/Increased Run Speed: Level 27
 (19) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End: Level 21

Level 1:    Prestige Power Dash    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Slide    
 (A) Run Speed IO: Level 50+5

Level 1:    Prestige Power Quick    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Rush    
 (A) Empty

Level 1:    Prestige Power Surge    
 (A) Run Speed IO: Level 50+5

Level 4:    Ninja Run

Level 0:    The Atlas Medallion    
Level 0:    Task Force Commander    
Level 0:    Portal Jockey    
Level 0:    Freedom Phalanx Reserve

Set Bonus Totals:

Spoiler

11.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
11.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
11.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
11.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
11.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
11.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
11.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
11.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
5.85% Max End
9% Enhancement(Stunned)
9.9% Enhancement(Terrorized)
11.5% Enhancement(Held)
9% Enhancement(Accuracy)
9% Enhancement(Confused)
3.75% Enhancement(Max EnduranceDiscount)
18% Enhancement(Sleep)
4% Enhancement(Heal)
18% Enhancement(Immobilized)
48.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
13.5% SpeedFlying
GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
45.78 HP (4.5%) HitPoints
13.5% JumpHeight
13.5% SpeedJumping
Knockback (Mag -4)
Knockup (Mag -4)
MezResist(Confused) 31.25%
MezResist(Held) 31.25%
MezResist(Immobilized) 31.25%
MezResist(Sleep) 31.25%
MezResist(Stunned) 31.25%
MezResist(Terrorized) 31.25%
2.5% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery
22% (0.93 HP/sec) Regeneration
14.5% Resistance(Smashing)
14.5% Resistance(Lethal)
21.25% Resistance(Fire)
21.25% Resistance(Cold)
13% Resistance(Energy)
13% Resistance(Negative)
10% Resistance(Toxic)
10% Resistance(Psionic)
28.5% SpeedRunning

Set Bonuses:

Spoiler

Winter's Bite
(Crush)
  2.25% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%

Entropic Chaos
(Lift)
  10% (0.42 HP/sec) Regeneration
  2.25% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  2.25% Max End
  6.25% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Devastation
(Gravity Distortion)
  12% (0.51 HP/sec) Regeneration

Lockdown
(Gravity Distortion)
  3% DamageBuff(All)

Blessing of the Zephyr
(Mystic Flight)
  Knockback (Mag -4), Knockup (Mag -4)

Decimation
(Propel)
  1.5% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  11.45 HP (1.13%) HitPoints
  2.25% Max End

Regenerative Tissue
(Temporal Mending)
  6% SpeedJumping, 6% JumpHeight, 6% SpeedFlying, 6% SpeedRunning
  15.26 HP (1.5%) HitPoints
  4% Enhancement(Heal)
  5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Overpowering Presence
(Dimension Shift)
  4% Enhancement(Immobilized), 4% Enhancement(Sleep), 2.2% Enhancement(Terrorized), 2% Enhancement(Confused), 2% Enhancement(Held), 2% Enhancement(Stunned)

Preventive Medicine
(Temporal Selection)
  2.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
  19.08 HP (1.88%) HitPoints
  3% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 5%, MezResist(Held) 5%, MezResist(Stunned) 5%, MezResist(Sleep) 5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 5%, MezResist(Confused) 5%
  3.75% Enhancement(EnduranceDiscount)
  8.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge), GrantPower Preventive Medicine (if Scourge)

Overpowering Presence
(Gravity Distortion Field)
  4% Enhancement(Immobilized), 4% Enhancement(Sleep), 2.2% Enhancement(Terrorized), 2% Enhancement(Confused), 2% Enhancement(Held), 2% Enhancement(Stunned)

Lockdown
(Gravity Distortion Field)
  3% DamageBuff(All)
  2.5% Enhancement(Held)
  3.75% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 6.25%, MezResist(Held) 6.25%, MezResist(Stunned) 6.25%, MezResist(Sleep) 6.25%, MezResist(Terrorized) 6.25%, MezResist(Confused) 6.25%

Overpowering Presence
(Time Stop)

Will of the Controller
(Wormhole)
  2.5% DamageBuff(All)
  6% Enhancement(Immobilized), 6% Enhancement(Sleep), 3.3% Enhancement(Terrorized), 3% Enhancement(Confused), 3% Enhancement(Held), 3% Enhancement(Stunned)
  9% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  8.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Luck of the Gambler
(Farsight)
  7.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Expedient Reinforcement
(Singularity)
  1.5% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
  3% DamageBuff(All)
  10% Resistance(All)

Shield Breaker
(Slowed Response)
  2.5% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery
  2.25% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%

Annihilation
(Energy Torrent)
  1.35% Max End

Synapse's Shock
(Stamina)
  7.5% SpeedJumping, 7.5% JumpHeight, 7.5% SpeedFlying, 7.5% SpeedRunning
  15% SpeedRunning

Proc Chances:

Spoiler

Crush: Winter's Bite (4.0 PPM, Superior 5.0 PPM)

• 4.0 * ((4 / ( 1 + 5.11875 / 100 )) + 1.33) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 34.23% @ Level 10
  • 4.0 * ((4 / ( 1 + 18.55 / 100 )) + 1.33) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 31.36% @ Level 50
  • 5.0 * ((4 / ( 1 + 23.1875 / 100 )) + 1.33) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 38.14%

Lift: Entropic Chaos (3.0 PPM), Force Feedback (2.0 PPM)

• 3.0 * ((6 / ( 1 + 37.91 / 100 )) + 1) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 26.75%
  • 2.0 * ((6 / ( 1 + 37.91 / 100 )) + 1) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 17.84%

Gravity Distortion: Devastation (3.0 PPM), Lockdown (2.5 PPM)

• 3.0 * ((8 / ( 1 + 30.80 / 100 )) + 1.83) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 39.73%
  • 2.5 * ((8 / ( 1 + 30.80 / 100 )) + 1.83) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 33.11%
    • 1 - (1-0.3973) * (1-0.3311) = 59.69% chance for at least one mag 2 Hold proc per casting
    • 1 - (1-0.3973) * (1-0.3311) * 0.8 = 67.75% chance for at least one mag 2 Hold or Overpower per casting

Propel: Decimation (1.0 PPM), Force Feedback (2.0 PPM)

• 1.0 * ((8 / ( 1 + 37.91 / 100 )) + 2.07) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 13.12%
  • 2.0 * ((8 / ( 1 + 37.91 / 100 )) + 2.07) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 26.24%

Dimension Shift: Overpowering Presence (1.0 PPM, Superior 2.0)

• 1.0 * ((60 / ( 1 + 19.01 / 100 )) + 1.17) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 85.98% @ Level 10
  • 1.0 * ((60 / ( 1 + 68.90 / 100 )) + 1.17) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 61.16% @ Level 50
  • 2.0 * ((60 / ( 1 + 84.51 / 100 )) + 1.17) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 90% (Pre-clamp: 112.30%)

Time's Juncture: Dark Watcher's Despair (3.5 PPM)

• 3.5 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 25 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 15.30%

Gravity Distortion Field: Lockdown (2.5 PPM)

• 2.5 * ((240 / ( 1 + 72.89 / 100 )) + 1.83) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 90% (Pre-clamp: 180.32%)

Distortion Field: Impeded Swiftness (3.5 PPM), Gladiator's Net (3.5 PPM), Neuronic Shutdown (3.5 PPM), Ghost Widow's Embrace (3.5 PPM), Will of the Controller (4.0 PPM, Superior 5.0 PPM), Unbreakable Constraint (4.5 PPM)

• 3.5 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 17.95%
  • 4.0 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 20.51%
  • 4.5 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 23.08%
  • 5.0 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 20 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 25.64%

Slowed Response: Shield Breaker (3.5 PPM), Achilles' Heel (3.5 PPM), Touch of Lady Grey (3.5 PPM)

• 3.5 * ((90 / ( 1 + 59.11 / 100 )) + 2.27) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 25 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 90% (Pre-clamp: 90.02%)

Tactics: Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control (1.0 PPM)

1.0 x 10 / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 60 * (11 * 360 + 540) / 30,000))) = 6.5% (Pre-clamp: 2.15%)

• Team-1: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^1 = 06.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • Team-2: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^2 = 12.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • Team-3: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^3 = 18.2% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • Team-4: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^4 = 23.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • Team-5: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^5 = 28.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • Team-6: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^6 = 33.1% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • Team-7: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^7 = 37.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
  • Team-8: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^8 = 41.5% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • League-16: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^16 = 65.8% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • League-24: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^24 = 80.0% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • League-32: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^32 = 88.3% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • League-34: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^34 = 89.8% chance to proc every 10 seconds
    • League-35: 1 - (1 - 0.065)^35 = 90.0% (Pre-clamp: 90.4%?) chance to proc every 10 seconds

Energy Torrent: Annihilation (3.0 PPM), Force Feedback (2.0 PPM)

• 3.0 * ((24 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 1.07) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 40 * (11 * 45 + 540) / 30,000))) = 61.60%
  • 2.0 * ((24 / ( 1 + 0 / 100 )) + 1.07) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 40 * (11 * 45 + 540) / 30,000))) = 41.06%

Controller - Gravity Control - Time Manipulation.mxd

Edited by Redlynne
v3.0.1
  • Like 3

IifneyR.gif

A new build refresh from @Redlynne for me to read during game downtime? Yes, please! 

I found out about this game being back only about a month ago. I started with finding your Grav/Time v 1.0 build and using it as a guide, only to realize later that a v 2.0 build refresh was available. I used that for my level 38 Grav/Time controller before being completely sidetracked by your Ice/Ice Tanker build. That is currently what I am using with my small group of friends when we get to play. 

I do want to get back to my Grav/Time controller and this might be a good reason to do it. With your v 2.0 build, I played this character with my small group of friends. My typical attack chain, if I remember correctly, was to Wormhole a good chunk of a spawn to my team, set out a Distortion Field, followed by Crushing Field, and then cast my single target gravity powers, Crush, Life, Propel, Gravity Distortion. I did have Dimension Shift, but like you said, it came out about 0-1 times per playing session. 

If I get back to my Grav/Time character, it will mostly be solo, with a single friend if they're online, or with random groups. Aside from complications with random groups, I could see Dimension Shift being very useful solo or with my small group with some explanation. 

My Grav/Time controller currently has a bunch of IOs slotted, but I could work towards these set pieces. I look forward to trying this out as soon as possible. 

• Thanks 1

Very interesting. Personally, I would skip Gravity Distortion Field and keep Crushing Field (as it stops the Wormhole guests from wandering off), but to each their own.

5 of the 6 procs in Distortion Field are from hold sets. Distortion Field only has a 2% chance for a hold (3% when delayed). Do the procs only have a chance to go off when a hold is triggered, or do they go off when the power is cast (since it summons a pseudo pet)?

In Farsight, wouldn't you want Membranes (for the recharge), not Cytos? 

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

36 minutes ago, Socks10 said:

My typical attack chain, if I remember correctly, was to Wormhole a good chunk of a spawn to my team, set out a Distortion Field, followed by Crushing Field, and then cast my single target gravity powers, Crush, Life, Propel, Gravity Distortion. I did have Dimension Shift, but like you said, it came out about 0-1 times per playing session.

And that behavioral pattern of attack chaining will stay largely the same (largely).

Wormhole into the team.

Slowed Response the compost heap to AoE debuff their Resistances (and do a bit of damage).

Energy Torrent to knock the compost heap on the floor again and add even more AoE debuffing of Resitances (and a bit more damage)

Distortion Field to "pin" them in place with stacked Slow (and do even more damage).

Dimension Shift either on or near the compost heap of XP ... or AWAY FROM the spawn group so as to not interfere with other ranged attackers on the team ... so as to try to spawn an Energy Font.

Proceed to single target attack rotation as normal using Crush, Lift, Gravity Distortion and Propel (in whatever order sequencing works best for you at the time).

Use Energy Torrent when recharged for extra Force Feedback procs and additional Resistance debuffing.

Get in the habit of using Dimension Shift so you have a good "feel" for the radius (25 ft, same as Time's Juncture!) and how to place the center at an offset from the compost heap of XP you plucked through your Wormhole so as to make it easier for ranged attackers on the team to not need to be as close to the compost heap of XP to contribute to the carnage.

So a 25ft radius sphere has a 50ft diameter ... meaning that if your compost heap of XP is some 10ft away from the center of the sphere to one side, there's 35ft of space on the other side to get into the sphere and do ranged attacks on $Targets within the sphere (or 15ft from center gives 40ft on one side of the sphere to get inside and attack from range).  Depending on the map, that can become something of a non-issue (blue caves, council bases, Oranbega corridors, etc.).

And don't forget that Dimension Shift, just like Crushing Field, will Immobilize $Targets within its AoE.

The only real differences between Crushing Field and Dimension Shift are:

• Crushing Field requires Accuracy to hit $Targets, while Dimension Shift is Autohit on everything within the radius.
  • Crushing Field has a 30ft radius ... while Dimension Shift has a 25ft radius.
  • Crushing Field AND Dimension Shift will Immobilize $Targets within their AoE ... although Dimension Shift keep reapplying the Immobilize after casting, so foes who enter the AoE after casting get Immobilized AFTER casting, allowing Dimension Shift to act as an emplaced "trap zone" against incoming rushes.
  • Crushing Field DOES NOT have a "boundary layer" that attacks will not cross at the edge of the AoE ... while Dimension Shift DOES have a "boundary layer" that attacks cannot cross.
  • Crushing Field takes 1.584s arcanatime to animate ... while Dimension Shift takes 1.32s arcanatime to animate ... meaning that Dimension Shift is faster to cast than Crushing Field, and since Dimension Shift is a toggle (that lasts no more than 20 seconds and can be toggled off at any time) it will affect foes who enter the AoE after casting, unlike Crushing Field.
  • Crushing Field costs 15.6 endurance (base) to cast ... Dimension Shift costs 0.45 endurance/second (base) to sustain for a maximum of 20 seconds, meaning that Dimension Shift will never cost more than 9 endurance per casting, and often time cannot be cast more than 3 times per minute, making the endurance cost for Dimension Shift VERY affordable compared to the endurance cost for casting Crushing Field.

The big difference that teams will notice is the "boundary layer" of the bubble that attacks will not cross (so no IN > OUT nor any OUT > IN) ... but so long as attacks aren't needing to cross that boundary layer of the Dimension Shift AoE they'll work just fine (so IN > IN and OUT > OUT will work just fine as normal).  Attacks can even work "through" the Dimension Shift bubble to attack things on the other side of Dimension Shift bubble (so OUT > through > OUT works) if $Targets stop short of entering the Dimension Shift itself.

Once you get used to thinking (and fighting) in ways that work WITH Dimension Shift, rather than AGAINST it (and yes, it IS a paradigm shift for positioning tactics and strategies), you'll start discovering all kinds of uses for the power ... such as "luring" additional spawn groups into it to "feed" to your teammates (so the melee monsters don't have to go as far to reach a $Target Rich Environment™) and all sorts of other Divide and Conquer strategies and applications ... at which point it becomes a test of skill, knowledge, cleverness, cunning, timing, relative positioning and outright creativity to employ Dimension Shift WELL in the chaos of actual gameplay.

1 hour ago, Uun said:

Personally, I would skip Gravity Distortion Field and keep Crushing Field (as it stops the Wormhole guests from wandering off), but to each their own.

Distortion Field from Time Manipulation applies a -91% Jump and Run speed debuff, a -3.5 Max Run debuff as well as a -78% Fly speed debuff (in addition to all the damage procs I've loaded it up with in this build).  Time's Juncture can stack with that for an additional -37.5% Fly, Jump, Run speed debuff and another -3.5 Max Run debuff and adds a -1.6 Fly (to ground fliers).  I figure that both factors combined ought to suffice for keeping (most) Wormhole $Targets from wandering too far off before getting Immobilized by Dimension Shift.

Also, Energy Torrent will deal MAG 0.62 Knockback, which is to say KnockDOWN, which will help reducing wandering also.

In other words, the Immobilize of Crushing Field can essentially be done by alternative means/controls.  However, to set up AoE Containment (via Immobilize) in this build as designed you need to use Dimension Shift.  However, there aren't any AoE damage powers that can take advantage of that Containment, so the "need" for AoE Containment via Immobilize is somewhat reduced/mitigated.  Against single targets, you can use Crush as the first attack to set up containment for Gravity Distortion > Propel > Lift in order maximize Containment AND Impact potential and just cycle the rotation.

1 hour ago, Uun said:

5 of the 6 procs in Distortion Field are from hold sets. Distortion Field only has a 2% chance for a hold (3% when delayed). Do the procs only have a chance to go off when a hold is triggered, or do they go off when the power is cast (since it summons a pseudo pet)?

The answer is that all of the procs will only have a chance to proc once per 10s since they're all triggered via toggle maintained by the pseudopet.  If the Hold "misses" the 2-3% chance to Hold, the proc chance for damage is still invoked whether the Hold "triggers" on the $Target or not (I'm assuming).

1 hour ago, Uun said:

In Farsight, wouldn't you want Membranes (for the recharge), not Cytos?

Without any recharge enhancement value on the slots, but including global recharge from all sources, Farsight recharges in 88.48s and costs 8.83 endurance to cast.

Switching to Membranes (with recharge in them), Farsight recharges in 69.73s and costs 15.04 endurance to cast.

Farsight has a duration of 120s ... and ALL of the effects of Farsight do not stack from same caster.

So ... trick question(s) ...

• What is the advantage to casting Farsight more often at a higher endurance cost for no additional benefit(s) (because, no stacking)?

Spoiler alert ... as far as I'm concerned, there is none ... hence why I chose Cytoskeletons over Membranes for this build.  The additional recharge of Membranes for use in Farsight in the overall holistic context of the rest of this build did not have enough merit to warrant a preference for them over Cytoskeletons.  So it's a case of "good enough" being Good Enough for the job that is needed here.

CAN you use Membranes instead?  Sure, if you want to ... and if your budget can afford them ... go for it.

Hope that helps explain the thinking behind the decision.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

UPDATE

On 3/30/2020 at 9:41 PM, Redlynne said:

I was proliferating Lessons Learned from this build over to my Ninja/Time/Mace Mastermind and because I couldn't put a Will of the Controller damage proc into Distortion Field on a Mastermind, I was a little bit at a loss as to what to do with an extra slot on Distortion Field ... and then I realized ... wait ... what about the Entomb proc for a chance to proc an Absorb shield around yourself?

So I'm calculating that the Entomb proc will essentially be checked only when Distortion Field is being cast, because what the power does is summon a pseudo-pet that generates the AoE of the effect(s).  That summoning is effectively a ranged single target pick a location to summon at type of power to summon the pseudo-pet, meaning that for the purposes of calculating the proc chance on casting the Distortion Field power doesn't (yet) have an AoE radius.  This notion of "no radius when summoned" is borne out in the write up for Distortion Field that can be found at City of Data on the Wayback Machine.

Which means ... that although the damage procs have nothing to affect when Distortion Field is cast to summon the pseudo-pet (which then after being summoned creates the AoE of the effect at that location), so they effectively "do nothing" when Distortion Field is cast ... the Entomb proc is different.  The Entomb proc will cast an Absorb shield upon the caster of the power the proc is slotted into when the power is cast ... which means (I'm thinking) that when casting Distortion Field to summon the pseudo-pet the numbers to fill in the proc chance formula yield this for a 2.0 PPM (3.0 PPM Superior) proc:

• 2.0 * ((60 / ( 1 + 48.44 / 100 )) + 2.03) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 90% (Pre-clamp: 141.50) upon casting
  • 3.0 * ((60 / ( 1 + 75.57 / 100 )) + 2.03) / (60 * (0.25 + 0.75 * (1 + 0 * (11 * 0 + 540) / 30,000))) = 90% (Pre-clamp: 181.02) upon casting

In the context of using Distortion Field as an AoE damage proc "carrier" like I'm using in this build, it's almost a no brainer to drop one damage proc from Distortion Field so as to be able to fit the Entomb proc into the power, since even with +100% Recharge slotted into the power the proc chance would still be (pre-clamp) over 100%, which then clamps to being a 90% chance to cast an Absorb shield that lasts 15 seconds onto yourself whenever casting Distortion Field, which as a Location AoE power does not require a $Target be selected in order to cast ... much like Dimension Shift.  This then makes it possible, with the global recharge bonuses of Hasten and Chrono Shift, cast a new Distortion Field every ~21 seconds (or less with Purple 50/Superior slotting!) and have a 90% chance to proc an Absorb shield for yourself that lasts for 15 seconds when doing so!  In other words, this one change to the build turns Distortion Field into both an AoE offense AND and personal protection power(!), over and above the debuffing and chance for Hold effects built natively into Distortion Field.

However, since all of the Entomb set IOs are unique, this necessitated removing the 2 Entomb enhancements from Gravity Distortion, which then needed to be replaced.  In this case, I reverted to my old standby of putting 2 Lockdown set IOs (including the Hold proc) into the 5-6 slots, which had the very nice side effect of raising the chance for at least one Mag 2 Hold proc up to 50.25% chance per casting of Gravity Distortion, which added onto the chance for an additional Mag 1 Hold from Overpower falls into the Does Not Suck range of probabilities!  All of this slotting in Gravity Distortion would then combine with the slotting in Time Stop and Singularity to make it possible (with a strong enough aggro magnet) to stack enough Hold Mag to perhaps hold an AV through Purple Triangles.

So ... yeah ... major change since when I first posted!

I'm thinking this might count as something of a DEFENSIVE Proc Monster discovery that will become relevant to almost every single Time Manipulation build out there, if my surmise on how all of this works is borne out in testing.

No I haven't tested Entomb in Distortion Field in game yet.

Any volunteers?

IifneyR.gif

6 hours ago, Nayeh said:

I wouldn't drop Crushing Field (AoE, -Fly) just because it's useful for fighting swarms of flying enemies. Especially noticeable in an Admiral Sutter TF. Ground all them sky raiders in 1 AoE, baybee!

Time's Juncture includes a -1.6 Fly modifier ... along with ToHit debuffing and Damage debuffing of $Targets ... so I don't "need" Crushing Field in order to AoE ground fliers.

IifneyR.gif

1 hour ago, Redlynne said:

Time's Juncture includes a -1.6 Fly modifier ... along with ToHit debuffing and Damage debuffing of $Targets ... so I don't "need" Crushing Field in order to AoE ground fliers.

Time's Juncture is a 25 foot PBAoE. I've never found it to be particularly good at grounding fliers.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

18 minutes ago, Uun said:

Time's Juncture is a 25 foot PBAoE. I've never found it to be particularly good at grounding fliers.

Crushing Field is a 30ft Target AoE that costs as much endurance to cast as 24 seconds of Time's Juncture being toggled on (at equal amounts of Endurance Reduction).  All you have to do is "get close enough" to the fliers to ground them.

IifneyR.gif

I wasn't able to get Energy Font to proc from Dimension Shift at all. Standard procs in Dimension Shift do work, but they appear to only work on the initial casting (they do not appear to proc at 10 second intervals also).

2 hours ago, Hjarki said:

I wasn't able to get Energy Font to proc from Dimension Shift at all. Standard procs in Dimension Shift do work, but they appear to only work on the initial casting (they do not appear to proc at 10 second intervals also).

Energy Font can Proc off of Dimension Shift upon intital cast. Even without a target.

2 minutes ago, Nayeh said:

Energy Font can Proc off of Dimension Shift upon intital cast. Even without a target.

I went on the Beta server, rolled up a Gravity Controller, slotted Dimension Shift with Energy Font and repeatedly activated Dimension Shift. Over 10 - 15 trials, I had zero procs of Energy Font.

Just now, Hjarki said:

I went on the Beta server, rolled up a Gravity Controller, slotted Dimension Shift with Energy Font and repeatedly activated Dimension Shift. Over 10 - 15 trials, I had zero procs of Energy Font.

And I have it slotted on the Live server, on my Gravity/Time Controller on Dimension Shift. It procs. 🙂

5 hours ago, Nayeh said:

And I have it slotted on the Live server, on my Gravity/Time Controller on Dimension Shift. It procs. 🙂

That's interesting. It definitely does not proc on the Beta server. It will proc from Distortion Field, though.

5 hours ago, WitchofDread said:

What does energy font actually do?

It spawns a pet that has a stun and minor damage aura. It hangs around for about 10 seconds. It looks cool but it's not very useful.

34 minutes ago, WitchofDread said:

How many can spawn at once?

Occasionally I'll get two out at the same time, but usually it's just one. I have it slotted in Crushing Field.

27 minutes ago, WitchofDread said:

How many can spawn at once?

One per casting, but you can have multiples out simultaneously.  The limited duration on them will prevent you from summoning "too many" of them though.

And although the damage aura they produce isn't that overwhelming, it will still damage multiple $Targets simultaneously, which can potentially produce more damage output/throughput overall than use of a damage proc.  For example, a 20 damage per tick per $Target doesn't sound like a whole lot, but if that's hitting 4 $Targets that's 80 damage output ... compared to 71.75 for a single damage proc hitting 1 $Target (and then the damage aura hits for more damage ticks after the first round).  So it produces more of a pressure damage result than a spike damage result while the Energy Font is out.

Also note that the Energy Font will spawn at the location of your PC, not at the location of where the power was cast (to) or where the $Targets are.  So to get the "most" you can out of Energy Font, you want to be summoning the Font when the $Target(s) you want it to attack are close by ... and if you're using Wormhole to dump a compost heap of XP at your (own) feet and then lard them up with Slowed Response and Distortion Field before "slamming the oven door" on them by casting Dimension Shift with them and you inside the Dimension Shift bubble then the Energy Font won't have to travel that far to find things it can attack with its damage+stun aura.  Hence why I figured that putting the Energy Font proc into Dimension Shift would work out really nicely, just from a tactical positioning standpoint, relative to use of Crushing Field (which is almost always used on $Targets "over there" which wastes time on getting the Energy Font to travel to them to attack them with its aura).

27 minutes ago, WitchofDread said:

Interesting. Do you feel it adds much to you overall dps?

It really varies pretty widely.  However, I would say that the relative positioning of caster to $Target(s) is easier to manage with Dimension Shift, since you'll often want to cast the Dimension Shift "close" to where you are, rather than far away (although situations and circumstances change, of course).  That then means that differences in positioning and tactics will have a very large influence on how much leverage you'll get out of summoning Energy Fonts via procs, simply due to the variance of needing to move to where the $Target(s) are in order to get anything out of Energy Font if summoning from "too far away" (so to speak), which then wastes duration on the Energy Font before it unsummons.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif