Patch Notes for March 31st, 2020 - Issue 26, Page 5

I think Twilight Grasp's accuracy is little broken atleast for me.. I have 1.69 accuracy before this patch (touch on nictus accurate heal set)it should be 1.89 yet it is showing 2.03 unless I'm mistaking something. (%68.9 +acc)

Edited by Darkneblade

4 minutes ago, ejworthing said:

Thanks to the dev team for their hard work on a very extensive patch!

Is there a consensus about how Electrical Affinity stacks up, compared with other support sets? Does it work better with some archetypes than others? Is it viable for PVP?

General consensus last time I looked was that it was just OK, not really great, not terrible, just a beigey sort of 'ok'. It had the problem of that being -end being kinda pointless in PvE without lots of -recovery to go with it, which the set doesn't apparently have enough of.

I don't normally bother, but i just wanted to send a big thank you to the Devs for all these efforts.  I've dragged some friends into playing due to difficult times - it's great to have something casual players can just hop into.

When I came back, I made a deal with myself:  No getting caught up in must-have-all-the-stuffs.  I remember live, and our market is so much friendlier than that.  I can have more of the stuffs with just my casual play.  So again - much thanks!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, ranagrande said:

So, how do I get the patch?  When I load Tequila, it just validates as normal and lets me start the game.  When I connect to a server, it says I have the wrong game version and need to run the patcher.  How do I do that?

You probably have an old entry for the "manifest" entry.  It should be http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml

Taken from here:

After Installation section 2:

Once Tequila or Island Rum has finished downloading and verifying all the client files, make sure that the "manifest file" you're using is "http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml".  Changing the manifest may require a few additional files to be downloaded.

1. In Tequila, this is listed underneath the Play button.  If it's not the right manifest, click Options and add it to the list of manifests.
  2. In Island Rum, this is shown when you click Menu (the palm tree button) > Manifests.  If it's not the right manifest, type in the correct one.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

You probably have an old entry for the "manifest" entry.  It should be http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml

Taken from here:

After Installation section 2:

Once Tequila or Island Rum has finished downloading and verifying all the client files, make sure that the "manifest file" you're using is "http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml".  Changing the manifest may require a few additional files to be downloaded.

1. In Tequila, this is listed underneath the Play button.  If it's not the right manifest, click Options and add it to the list of manifests.
  2. In Island Rum, this is shown when you click Menu (the palm tree button) > Manifests.  If it's not the right manifest, type in the correct one.

Yep, that's the same url I have for the manifest file.  It doesn't even try to download anything.  It just validates and then lets me run, and then I get the error mentioned above.  The actual error message is: "Wrong game version, run patcher and reconnect, server 20200329_1193, client 20200303_848"

2 minutes ago, ranagrande said:

Yep, that's the same url I have for the manifest file.  It doesn't even try to download anything.  It just validates and then lets me run, and then I get the error mentioned above.  The actual error message is: "Wrong game version, run patcher and reconnect, server 20200329_1193, client 20200303_848"

Try the Beta manifest, maybe?  https://manifest.cohhc.gg/testing.xml

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Curator said:

Power Customization

• Updated Electrical Blast for Blasters and Corruptors to be able to select from both the default Hero (blue) and Villain (red) options, along with other customisation options
  • Fixed the default Villain (red) theme Electrical Blast having a Hero (blue) Voltaic Sentinel

AMAZING!!!! Y'all did this for both Electrical Blast and Electrical Affinity!

Can not WAIT until you port this option over for all the other Electrical sets, you can't quite get the right colors in the creator, and this makes it much easier if I've got an AT on the "wrong" side to get the right colors. (Currently Scrappers/Tankers get the Electric Control (purpley) of Controllers/Dominators as a default,  Sentinels still have the Heroic Blue, and Brutes/Dominator Assault/Stalkers have the Villainous Red.)

Assume that Mu Mastery will remain Villainous for default, but the Electrical APP's coulda also use this option.

Edited by Eran Rist
Whoops! Only live for Affinity, not the Blasts
  • Like 2

Death is the best debuff.

9 minutes ago, Eran Rist said:

AMAZING!!!! Y'all did this for both Electrical Blast and Electrical Affinity!

Can not WAIT until you port this option over for the other Electrical sets, you can't quite get the right colors in the creator, and this makes it much easier if I've got an AT on the "wrong" side to get the right colors. (Currently Scrappers/Tankers get the Electric Control (purpley) of Controllers/Dominators as a default,  Sentinels still have the Heroic Blue, and Brutes/Dominator Assault/Stalkers have the Villainous Red.)

Glad you like it! You'll be quite pleased with what's currently in the tubes.

So the bad news is, this patch note was erroneously resurrected from one of the development builds and the feature did not actually make it into Page 5 for Electrical Blast. The short version of the reason it was cut involves, just, the most hideous lists of power set customization themes in certain epic sets that cherry-pick visual FX from other powers. Since Electrical Affinity uses all-new FX, it was safe to add the Heroic and Villainous sets there for this release.

The good news is, the technical hurdle has been overcome in development and a full implementation of legacy hero/villain effects is in the works across all archetypes (among other things). Because of the fact that this all transpired near the end of Page 5's development, the decision was made to postpone the feature to Page 6 to avoid any potential for delays related to unforeseen problems with the new tech.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Keen said:

I love everything about this. Even the exploit fix (and I farm and I always struggle with inf because of altitis). Specially excited about the costume updates and can't wait to play with Elec Affinity. Thanks HC devs for your hard work!

Here to rectify my own feedback.

Some Elec Affinity causes allies to do that "writhing in pain" animation.

Now I completely hate it.

@Keen Stronghold (Virtue, Everlasting)
Hamidon Raids - Role Guide

5 minutes ago, GuyPerfect said:

So the bad news is, this patch note was erroneously resurrected from one of the development builds and the feature did not actually make it into Page 5 for Electrical Blast. The short version of the reason it was cut involves, just, the most hideous lists of power set customization themes in certain epic sets that cherry-pick visual FX from other powers. Since Electrical Affinity uses all-new FX, it was safe to add the Heroic and Villainous sets there for this release.

So, amusing thing, I never bothered to check the BLAST sets, I assumed the notes were right, and was only giddy to see it in on Electrical Affinity. However, I'm stoked to hear that this is a change coming in the pipes! Yay!

6 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

As has been pointed out, farming is STILL the most efficient way to get Inf, so people will keep farming. The only way farming would be disincentivized is if some OTHER activity were made MORE efficient, which is not what this change does,

No, farming is NOT the most efficient for time invested - it is just a lower and EASIER barrier to entry.

This is why players are using Spines/Fiery, when Rad/Fiery and Savage/Firey outperform as Brutes, and Ice/Fire Blasters outperform them. Spines/Fiery is easier to start, and easier to run, with lower barriers of both build and skill requirements. Same again as to why players are graduating/moving to AFK farming (for those that farm), while it is less efficient in terms of inf/hour, the effort expended is minimal, so the time invested/inf earned is better. However, there's a higher barrier to it, since it requires both specific AE maps and a specific build.

Death is the best debuff.

Thank you Homecoming Team!  Even if you fall flat on your faces in a drunken knife fight of failure (yes, I always assume the worst, it's a curse) I will forever be impressed at what you have done this year.  That is not easy to earn from a Snarky beast like me.  You folks have rocked it. /em hold Olympic flame

• Like 1

Doom and gloom aside, the asymmetric costume pieces allowed me to realize and idea for a 'Clockwork' Hero, though in this case, the idea turned out as an Alternate Universe Clockwork King (or "Lord Clockwork" as he's known there) who's low-level technopathy, electrokinesis, and psychic powers allow him to rapidly assemble robots in the field and battle his Arch-Nemesis, and alternate Penelope Yin. Don't think I'll keep him as a character but the concept felt cool enough to share.

AltCK.JPG

• Like 1

okay, like I said, I'm bummed about the nerf too, but I'm really upset now everyone is so focused on it and not all the other cool stuff we got.

I mean, hello, CHEMISTRY POWER POOL and COSTUME ASYMMETRY anyone?

Edited by Sakura Tenshi
  • Like 2

Just now, Sakura Tenshi said:

okay, like I said, I'm bummed about the nerf too, but I'm really upset now everyone is so focused on it and not all the other cool stuff we go.

I think it's a fantastic update and I think most players will agree and will not care about the change much if at all.

Can we talk about the decade in the making change to masterminds or maybe

THE WHOLE NEW POWERSET and not a minor (much needed and good) change to an inf farm?

Like does no one have questions about static? Can it Chain to the same target twice etc

Edited by AngelKofsky
  • Like 1