Patch Notes for March 31st, 2020 - Issue 26, Page 5

13 hours ago, Number Six said:

Back Alley Brawler says stop by sometime, nobody ever comes to talk to him and train up anymore.

I do Six!  I miss Galaxy City so I like to hang out with the big guy and talk about the good old days : 3.

Edited by Tater Todd
  • Like 2

25 pages of arguing about farmers and economics,
0 pages of discussion on Elec Affinity, the costuming changes, or anything else

Ask question about circuit chains repeating targets:
Silence
Discuss implications of new IOs and powersets on meta:
Silence
Quote John Locke's theories on mercantilism RE an MMO about super powers:
30 MINUTES OF FURIOUS KEYBOARD POUNDING

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AngelKofsky said:

25 pages of arguing about farmers and economics,
0 pages of discussion on Elec Affinity, the costuming changes, or anything else

Ask question about circuit chains repeating targets:
Silence
Discuss implications of new IOs and powersets on meta:
Silence
Quote John Locke's theories on mercantilism RE an MMO about super powers:
30 MINUTES OF FURIOUS KEYBOARD POUNDING

Now that I have a loud and clicky keyboard I need to put it to use somehow. 

2 minutes ago, DMW45 said:

they removed the entire mechanic

(because it was being exploited)

Speaking of mechanics, I have a question about Elec affinity, what happens when your chain bonus is higher than the number of targets you have? Does it continue to chain and hit targets again?

Or does the invisible hand say that the supply is greater than the demand driving down the cost of your abilities while the haves and the have nots influence farm farm AE clickbait?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, QuiJon said:

Frankly when was the last time with the power creep in this game that anyone gave a rats a.. if they had a defender on the team to begin with? Frankly I could not think of a less exciting power set to add to the game then a defender set.

"Support" set, which can be used by MMs, corruptors, and controllers

Yeah, kins are really sought after because capping 8 ppls damage, giving them an extra hasten, super speed, s/l resist, filling their end completely every 6 seconds DOESN'T contribute more than a single dps. Support sets are practically worthless.

Edited by AngelKofsky
missing AT

The next time I post in this thread (if it's still open to comment by that time), will be to give my thoughts on what this patch brought to the game, rather than what it might have changed in ways that obviously didn't set well with some players.  I've said all I have to say on that subject, and that I've been able to tell, no new points have been made in MANY pages of posts.  We're just going 'round, and 'round re-hashing what has already been expressed.

Basically, there are some who think it's fine, some who don't like it, but understand why it was done.  Others don't like it, and continue to re-iterate why they don't like it.  However, the vast majority of players are barely, if at all aware of it, and just continue playing, and having fun.  That's what I intend to get back to doing.  I don't begrudge anyone their perspective, or their reasoning for feeling as they do.  But, I'm not sure what the raging, continuous arguments/debates about this one part of the pretty significant changes that dropped yesterday, are accomplishing at this point.  

Edited by Abraxus

What was no more, is REBORN!

14 minutes ago, Abraxus said:

Sorry!  Meant Experimentation.

Damn, I got really excited and was about to start respeccing characters.

On another note, I decided to do an AE mission today due to the thread on Dev Choice.  I was completely surprised to see AE packed with characters running farms.  With all the DOOM being presented here I thought there would be a farm strike or something.  Nope, looks like farming as usual.

Anyway, here is the link if anyone wants to support Dev Choice missions.

Edited by Lockpick
Added other comments, so not to create multiple posts.
  • Like 1

Just now, Lockpick said:

Damn, I got really excited and was about to start respeccing characters.

I think I was looking at Paragon Wiki, and saw that Utility Belt was one of the Power Pools that was under development at shut-down, and got that stuck in my brain. 😵

What was no more, is REBORN!

4 minutes ago, darkjedi_white said:

Now if they could just add the ability to have your MM minions target through another team mate.

But then they’d be someone ELSE’S henchmen.  You are the brain of this outfit, they are the brawn!

*except Ninjas.  They are truly minions.

BY the way, I never said but thanks Dev's for all the cool stuff in the update. Great work. I already got one of the new I/O's and there is some fun things to try.

I'm not saying you should ignore all the whiners and doomsayers, but most people will likely never notice the change and will certainly not come here and praise or bitch about it because the forums are only for the truly dedicated in the playerbase, otherwise Facebook wouldn't be filled with posts every Tuesday asking if the game was shut down because they don't know about the server status page.

1 hour ago, RialVestro said:

Suggestion for a future update... add the Asymmetrical toggle to the shoulder options. This is a nice start and I wasn't even expecting this. Just wish the shoulders could do it too.

I think it was in the beta patch notes (and may be in the patch notes) but they've said they'll work in more assets as they can, and not to ask for specific pieces, but yeah I'm sure they're aware of that.

• Like 1