Patch Notes for April 1st, 2020

2 hours ago, Peacemoon said:

I’ve never known April fool patch notes to actually be implemented into the game. It’s a bit weird. 

You've just hit the problem on the head.  An April Fools prank is where you tell someone that something has occurred or you've done something inappropriate and shocking, wait for their natural reaction of horror, and then you tell them you were just kidding.  In this case, the patch notes are the initial setup, but they've missed the punchline by actually implementing the change.

If you actually *do* the inappropriate and shocking thing you have announced, it's no longer an April Fool's prank.  It's just doing something inappropriate and shocking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Cinnder said:

You've just hit the problem on the head.  An April Fools prank is where you tell someone that something has occurred or you've done something inappropriate and shocking, wait for their natural reaction of horror, and then you tell them you were just kidding.  In this case, the patch notes are the initial setup, but they've missed the punchline by actually implementing the change.

If you actually *do* the inappropriate and shocking thing you have announced, it's no longer an April Fool's prank.  It's just doing something inappropriate and shocking.

No... Then it becomes a great joke. Check out the Star Trek A.S.S. April fool's joke someone linked here a while back.

@Homecoming: please make sure to up the ante on this next year. I am starting to think the small percentage of indignant players may actually be the best part.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, GGamerGirl said:

Did anyone know if they did these April Fools things way back when? Just curious.

And boy am I glad they did not give us any loco schmuck from the fifth dimension...

They definitely did stuff like this a few times, like "Visible Sounds" in 2008 (that's where "FREEM!" comes from).

Edited by Megajoule
  • Like 1

I could bot figure it out last bight how to get rid of it. So i asked. No one knew

so i did not get done levelling an ice blaster up to 35+.  So i will not be going in tonight’s ICe ITF with my SG

the joke, like so many, is more griefing people and then laughing about it than it is being humorous. The human race is vile. And that is just another reason not to want a small one following me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a prank goes, this is brilliant.  Completely harmless and yet annoying beyond understanding.  But does anyone really like pranks, really?  It's basically bullying, but a little less mean.

The problem with this one is that it doesn't end 10 seconds after the "gotcha!" as a prank should.  Learning we can dismiss the buff helps a lot.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

8 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

The problem with this one is that it doesn't end 10 seconds after the "gotcha!" as a prank should.  Learning we can dismiss the buff helps a lot.

Egg-zactly!  The "prank" lasts beyond the point where it's funny, and you can't opt out!  No, really, you can't.  The "dismissal" is short term, and the annoying little bugger keeps popping up.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

• City Council
9 hours ago, Snarky said:

first, my complaint about the kid seems to have disappeared from forum.

Sorry about that - It was merged with another thread, but the moderator who did it forgot to tick the box to leave a redirect (and unfortunately this process cannot be reversed).

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

46 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

As a prank goes, this is brilliant.  Completely harmless and yet annoying beyond understanding.  But does anyone really like pranks, really?  It's basically bullying, but a little less mean.

And evidently the dismissal is temporary.  

this is indeed a form of bullying. Doing something to someone without their permission or approval because you think it us funny soecifically because they do not like it.  

i am not only logging out until it is fixed i am considering taking a longer break from the game.  This type of irritation is not something i will put up with.  No matter how much you laugh and explain it is a joke.  Enjoy the humorous situation. Without me. I enjoy the city for the art if character building. Having this thing following me is as much fun as you adding it into one of my oil paintings and trying to tell me how neat it is.  Get the F away from my art

Edited by Snarky
  • Like 1

I have made two previous threads with complaints about the baby following everyone

the 1st disappeared without notice. I learned just now it was merged without telling me into oatch notes

my second thread was just merged there

i care nothing about talking about the patch notes

i consider the unwanted unasked for and undesired kid following everyone a form of bullying for some Devs amusement

and i consider burying the discussion of this issue censorship

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, BovineAvenger said:

Ok, I was fortunately able to be told there was April 1st cowntent, and log in in time to get the April Fools badge... but does anyone know how long the Nemesis Plot is running? Please tell me there's time to cowtch that one too!

The Nemesis has always been running.  It will always be running, until...

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

3 minutes ago, skoryy said:

The Nemesis has always been running.  It will always be running, until...

I don't believe the invasion that gives the "Nemesis Plot" badge has existed before yesterday/today? There was a wave of invasions earlier, idling in game now in hopes of cowtching it again...

3 minutes ago, BovineAvenger said:

I don't believe the invasion that gives the "Nemesis Plot" badge has existed before yesterday/today? There was a wave of invasions earlier, idling in game now in hopes of cowtching it again...

Um, there are no actual badges, just the little guy following you around for a day, the new and improved brawl, and the bat.

1 minute ago, BovineAvenger said:

Over in this thread, someone is listing the new unlocked badge; and people in Everlasting Help were saying the invasions were around this morning which is what I presume it's from...?

Oh! No, that's not a new badge: https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/A_Nemesis_Plot_Badge

I didn't know they were running Nemmy plots today, I haven't seen any yet.  It may be a random thing on the server, like the Rikti invasions?