Patch Notes for April 1st, 2020 (Hotfix) (Updated 21:00 UTC)

• Developer

Take Your Child to Work Day

• You can now walk all over your child
  • You can now send your child to its room for a short period of time
  • Your child will now fade away when you leave, rather than falling over

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with custom critters and path auras that caused some arcs to give a "MADoorInvalid" error
  • Fixed a display issue where costume parts from an old costume could sometimes linger for other players after switching costumes
  • Fixed a server-side crash
  • Fixed a client crash in the tailor screen

UPDATE #1 (11:00 UTC): Some of the fixes had to be rolled back due to unforeseen issues. We'll work on getting them resolved ASAP.

UPDATE #2 (21:00 UTC): We've pushed out another hotfix to resolve the remaining issues. The notes above reflect the second update.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

• The Curator changed the title to Patch Notes for April 1st, 2020 (Hotfix)
1 hour ago, The Curator said:

Your child will now fade away when you leave, rather than falling over

i prefer the falling over, that's funny! 😄

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

• Jimmy changed the title to [ROLLED BACK] Patch Notes for April 1st, 2020 (Hotfix)

There is a reason April Fool patch notes aren’t usually actually implemented into the game 🤔

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

• City Council
13 minutes ago, Peacemoon said:

There is a reason April Fool patch notes aren’t usually actually implemented into the game 🤔

The hotfix (and rollback) were actually both related to the AE issues. The other improvements just came along for the hotfix ride.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

1 minute ago, hazygreys said:

And you closed the game and restarted that too? Do you see tequila downloading/patching/verifying anything when you load tequila again?

Yup, tried all that.

I get that message when I try to log into the reunion shard.

I have re-verified through the launcher also.

• Game Master

Are files downloading in Tequila?  Allow them to finish before launching the game.

Double clicking a client starts the game as a convenience while Tequila is checking files to make things faster if you're patched up, but if the game won't launch Tequila needs to finish the downloads first.

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.