Kinetic Melee/Bio Armor theories and notions.

Vulgaris

I figure with the odd behavior of kinetic melees siphon ability instead of a build up (20 second uptime- doable to get it down to near perma or perma with some hasten and set tinkering maybe?) Scrapper getting improved +damage buff scaling, which carries over into the bio armor damage bonus itself being boosted- And not being treated as a true damage bonus- but an added percentage onto the main damage number (Does that mean it can go over the damage buff cap?) It's potentially possible to do some actually impressive numbers with nearly 100 percent uptime. Perhaps even approaching perma capped damage buff numbers. Bolstered further by the -res that bio armor can crank out.

But at the same time I have no doubt there's something I'm missing here or a glaring oversight I'm failing to see.

The main "gotcha" with scrapper KM is that you'd expect Concentrated Strike to autorecharge Power Siphon through the Critical Strikes ATO. But it doesn't, because the chance to recharge Power Siphon is a hardcoded value rather than an actual crit.

KM/Bio is indeed capable of good damage, but the special toxic damage of bio isn't boosted by damage buffs - and KM being balanced around a higher level of +dam than most other attack powersets, it gets proportionally less from the straight +dam of bio.

Basically, it's a good combo because any attack powerset with /bio is a good combo. But it isn't as spectacular as some other choices. That being said, KM/Bio has the advantage of being an absolute powerhouse through the leveling process, *especially* if you preplan IOs. By level 10 you're a machine gun spamming your first three attacks, powered by a Gaussian Power Siphon, enhanced by Offensive Adaptation, and all that +dam is much more meaningful at low levels where you don't have Musculature, Hybrid or even SO level enhancements.

My own KM/bio leveling experience was going through paper missions with another melee friend, starting on +0/x4 and gradually cranking it up to +3/x8 in the 20s. We got to level 40 in basically a couple play sessions of 2-3 hours each which were glorious murderfests. This character may not top the charts at max level but it was a joy to level.

• Like 3