Mastermind Pet Costumes

Another massive ask, but one thing that puts me off Masterminds is that it is hard to be unique. I heard another private server (*booo*) has the ability to change costumes on pets. That must have taken quite a bit of work, but I can imagine why a game like this it would have been seen worth it.

1 hour ago, summers said:

The possibilities are endless

Well, maybe not endless ... but certainly in excess of 1050 ... which might as well BE endless as far as we Players are concerned ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

On 4/2/2020 at 1:51 PM, Redlynne said:

Well, maybe not endless ... but certainly in excess of 1050 ... which might as well BE endless as far as we Players are concerned ...

Indeed. I noted that the private server I saw it on lacks a few things here. Maybe even omitted things. That maybe suggests it is a big ask as it required a lot of work to do. Apparently it is done by a chat command there. Even so, I find Masterminds quite off putting because of the way it involves other actual individual people all looking alike. Goes in opposition to the way the character creator is tailored to being so unique and interesting.

• Like 1

I think even the developers dream of pet customisation, if only to shut the players up! Hah!

Seriously though, the person who did it on another server is said to have used Costume slots from the Mastermind player and applied those to the pets. I think the devs are reluctant to do this, as it seems a bit of an inelegant bodge.

3 hours ago, Herotu said:

Seriously though, the person who did it on another server is said to have used Costume slots from the Mastermind player and applied those to the pets. I think the devs are reluctant to do this, as it seems a bit of an inelegant bodge.

From what I've read about the implementation on the other servers, this is an understatement. It works, but it's incredibly kludgy and tends to require a lot of zoning or logging out and then in for the changes you make to stick.

21 hours ago, Herotu said:

I think even the developers dream of pet customisation, if only to shut the players up! Hah!

Yes, put that way it does sound less desirable. I mean I could see some appeal, but to justify all that work, for a result like that. I can see how that may not be woth it.