Discussion: Disabling XP No Longer Increases Influence

Jimmy

3 hours ago, Haijinx said:

No no no.

You warn them way in advamce, so they can exploit moar for a while.

AND lobby to keep the exploit going.  

That way you make the problem worse AND increase the drama. 

The way they did it, you only get a few diehards complaining, and everyone else just shrugs. 

Oh right. Silly me. I wasn't thinking properly. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ivanhedgehog said:

WOW currently has a 2x xp buff, FYI.

I havent played in a while I wasn't aware of this unless you mean heirlooms which are usually only available later in the expansion.  Still leveling to 50 here is not a "grind" nor was it a grind on live.  

21 hours ago, Peerless Girl said:

Yeah, though if you ever run a Quarterfield or some of the earlier old version TFs like Posi, you'll have that in CoH too, but in *general* that is exactly it. 

Yeah old posi was a slog, and I'm pretty sure i only did dr q once on my main back on live.

5 hours ago, Peerless Girl said:

I THINK I've done both 2-3 times (and one or two of those were after the WSTs went in with my SG) but yeah...less than fun. 

Its a lot of merits though.  

Not a bad Solo Ouro arc for Scrappers/Stalkers/Brutes 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Its a lot of merits though.  

Not a bad Solo Ouro arc for Scrappers/Stalkers/Brutes 

My decision to run something doesn't revolve around Merits. I've always been a roleplayer first and foremost. I could also probably solo it easily on my main (Inv/SS Tanker) before the Tank changes, I know I could now. Least if she was built as she was on Live. 

6 minutes ago, Peerless Girl said:

My decision to run something doesn't revolve around Merits. I've always been a roleplayer first and foremost. I could also probably solo it easily on my main (Inv/SS Tanker) before the Tank changes, I know I could now. Least if she was built as she was on Live. 

Yeah.  Tanker might be a tad slow though.  Its level 15 iirc so you wouldn't have a lot of primary attacks.  (And no rage for SS).  Might be 20. 

Blaster might be good too, but might be short on survivability at that level solo. 

I'm sure Sent/SOA probably would be fine as well. 

On 4/25/2020 at 9:48 AM, DeepRootz said:

I havent played in a while I wasn't aware of this unless you mean heirlooms which are usually only available later in the expansion.  Still leveling to 50 here is not a "grind" nor was it a grind on live.  

no, not heirlooms. actual 2x xp. There are some level ranges where leveling here becomes sorta annoying in this game, but not much.  Not like wow.

Edited by ivanhedgehog

8 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Yeah.  Tanker might be a tad slow though.  Its level 15 iirc so you wouldn't have a lot of primary attacks.  (And no rage for SS).  Might be 20. 

Blaster might be good too, but might be short on survivability at that level solo. 

I'm sure Sent/SOA probably would be fine as well. 

I haven't tried it myself, but I bet with the sustain powers an exemplared Blaster could kill it at this point. Especially the sets like Ice that have holds and top tier damage. 

1 minute ago, MunkiLord said:

I haven't tried it myself, but I bet with the sustain powers an exemplared Blaster could kill it at this point. Especially the sets like Ice that have holds and top tier damage. 

I don't think there was a AV on the original Posi - which would probably catch the Blaster up the most.  Been a few months since I ran it might be wrong. 

EBs can be annoying at those levels too though.  

Normal 2-3 loser (minions and Lts) groups though are pretty much LOLwhut with a blaster in my experience. 

• 2 months later

NECROTHREAD EX MORTIS!

Also, what pain. The AH has been deflating like a two week old party balloon.

Edited by skoryy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Starwave  Blue Gale  Wolfhound  Actionette  Relativity Rabbit

Blimy, this is back again? Deep breath; thechangeworkedthemarketisinbettershapeinflationisincheckfarmingisstillperfectlyviablelv50scanstillhandilyoutearnlowerlevelcharactersallisoknothingtoseeherenotgoingtobechangedback... Think that more or less covers it!

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, parabola said:

Blimy, this is back again? Deep breath; thechangeworkedthemarketisinbettershapeinflationisincheckfarmingisstillperfectlyviablelv50scanstillhandilyoutearnlowerlevelcharactersallisoknothingtoseeherenotgoingtobechangedback... Think that more or less covers it!

Nerf space bar

28 minutes ago, 0th Power said:

Nerf space bar

If I had patience and talent to build good, themed bases..

• Like 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

13 hours ago, skoryy said:

NECROTHREAD EX MORTIS!

Also, what pain. The AH has been deflating like a two week old party balloon.

Prices are not down enough yet to match the nerf, so yes, there is absolutely pain.

In before some economist drops in to tell me my personal experience is guided by plain stupidity and I’m actually wealthier than before in spite of having to gut toons left and right to keep the IO’s flowing at a pre-nerf pace.

Edited by arcaneholocaust

That sounds more like unrealistic expectations?

All my characters fund and kit out themselves, and I can do so with barely having to think, let alone farm. Totalled over their whole 1-50 progression I maybe spend like... 30-50 minutes crafting, converting and using the AH to do so.

7 minutes ago, arcaneholocaust said:

Prices are not down enough yet to match the nerf, so yes, there is absolutely pain.

In before some economist drops in to tell me my personal experience is guided by plain stupidity and I’m actually wealthier than before in spite of having to gut toons left and right to keep the IO’s flowing at a pre-nerf pace.

No, your personal experience is one that isn't shared by most everyone else given that the prices have in fact dropped significantly.  The more casual players don't have to pick up a second career in farming to keep up with AH prices anymore.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lines said:

All my characters fund and kit out themselves, and I can do so with barely having to think, let alone farm. Totalled over their whole 1-50 progression I maybe spend like... 30-50 minutes crafting, converting and using the AH to do so.

Heck, all my completed 50s now help fund out the new 50s that come along.  My latest tank was kitted out in an hour thanks to donations from all the other alts, and my new stalker just got a set of winter ATOs from everyone else's reward merits.