Discussion: Disabling XP No Longer Increases Influence

Jimmy

• 3 years later

Well, I think, yes I know no one cares but here it is anyway. Changing this is a mistake if you don't balance the change in some way that says, ok for you who are 50 plus 99 we understand. Give something back, maybe something that doesn't affect the economy of the game. After all the only people that turn off XP are the ones that don't need it.  I think that you should make it possible to continue to earn Empyreal merits past vet level 99 for instance. Maybe 1 per level after that vet 99. This should not screw the market and it will be giving a little love to the players that you're actually hurting. You say well everyone is in the same boat, but that's not actually true. If they were, the others wouldn't have an Inf issue and you would not be making the changes.   This is just food for thought, so far I have generally liked what you have done with the game.  

3 minutes ago, lastword said:

Well, I think, yes I know no one cares but here it is anyway. Changing this is a mistake if you don't balance the change in some way that says, ok for you who are 50 plus 99 we understand. Give something back, maybe something that doesn't affect the economy of the game. After all the only people that turn off XP are the ones that don't need it.  I think that you should make it possible to continue to earn Empyreal merits past vet level 99 for instance. Maybe 1 per level after that vet 99. This should not screw the market and it will be giving a little love to the players that you're actually hurting. You say well everyone is in the same boat, but that's not actually true. If they were, the others wouldn't have an Inf issue and you would not be making the changes.   This is just food for thought, so far I have generally liked what you have done with the game.  

This was done almost four years ago.