Nemesis Plot Invasion Event

Voltor

Finally the event is upon us!  This event provides one of the rarest badges as it is an event that tends be only once per year.  Some say that Avoids the Green Stuff in Keyes is rarer but Trials and Taskforces can be run any time of the year.  This event was a year back in the day.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Nemesis_Plot_Invasion_Event

Some details:

It takes 10 players minimum to be gathered in an area to invoke the spawning of the Nemesis, he will be a giant monster. Do enough damage and when he drops you the badge A Nemesis Plot.    The other Nemesis units that spawn are good for XP and Inf, and of course the Fake Nemesis should count towards the badge for defeating 100 of them.

The event occurs at intervals, I did some timing and it is roughly two to three hours from previous event to the next one.  Keyword is roughly, I may be off a bit.

When the event starts the Nemesis speech will occur as an alert in your chat window, on blue side he appears to simultaneously attacking:

Kings Row

Skyway City

Steel Canyon

Talos Island

Founders Falls

Peregrine Island

Port Oakes

Cap Au Diable

Nerva Archipelago

St. martial

Grandville

Some zones seem more preferred by players then others, such as Talos Island and Peregrine, but assemble a league at a zone of your choice that is under attack. 

Once the GM/Nemesis is defeated the fight against the rest of the Nemesis continues until time runs out.  If you do not gather 10 or more players the GM will not spawn and the event will eventually run out the clock. If your league is too weak, he will decimate you, remember he is a giant monster and hits like one.  HARD!

Also remember that when you defeat a Nemesis Lieutenant the rest of them get a Vengeance buff and it can stack.

Have also had a glitch occur twice in Founders where we have enough to spawn him, we get the text message to indicate that he is coming, but he does not appear.  A dot appears in the north east corner of the map, but he isn't there and I have patrolled the zone but he is nowhere to be found.  Not sure if this is a bug or he spawned by another group that was elsewhere in the zone.

• Thanks 4

25 alts with all the badges!

1) I've heard that you only have to be in the zone in order to get the badge.  Is this true?

2) Is there any way to tell when the event has ended so that the next event can be estimated?

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

You have to attack the GM either solo and do enough damage to qualify or else be in a league and do enough damage to qualify

Nemesis should make the usual "I shall return" type of speech as he withdraws

• Thanks 2

Okay more event notes:

Kallsti Wharf was in Beta server only back before the lights went out, as a result the event was never adjusted for Nemesis to attack there. Too bad, gathering under Statesman's statue for a battle royale against the Nemesis would be nice.

As the 2+ hour mark from the last invasion occurs, recommend you get the alt that you want the badge on and standby for the alert followed by the channel broadcasts of someone forming the league.

Wherever the league leader wants to gather is where you gather, you must gather as one League with at least 10 members in the same spot to ensure he spawns and that he will spawn where you are at.  Multiple leagues at different spots means he only spawns at one of them.

If there is a Rikti or Zombie event occurring the Nemesis attack should not occur until after those other events are done, this can push the 2+ hour count down up a bit.

You can only get the badge once per alt, so while you can farm for xp/inf and fake nems for that defeat badge, if you have alts that you want the badge on, as soon as the GM is down and the badge dings, grab an alt and go another zone and see if you can face him again.

• Thanks 1

Okay a Nemesis attack wave occurred this morning,  KR/Talos/Pi/Founders all attacked as per usual

Nothing right away in Skyway or Steel.....

After crushing him into tinfoil in Talos, I logged to an alt in Skyway......no attack. But there was a Troll Rave. Nemesis attack did not occur until sometime after Troll Rave was complete.

Logged into alt at Steel...no attack.  But there was a burning building. After that event was done, approx 15 minutes after came the Nemesis.

• Thanks 1

I'm sorry to disagree, but I believe the participation in defeating Nemesis requirement is not completely correct.  I believe that anyone present in the zone will get the badge as long as Nemesis is defeated.  I was afk in Peregrine Island just now (about 11am EDT?) and I got the badge.  Unfortunately, I didn't confirm immediately upon arriving at the keyboard so I can't say for certain if my subsequent activities provided the badge instead.

@Super Whatsit

8 minutes ago, Display Name said:

I'm sorry to disagree, but I believe the participation in defeating Nemesis requirement is not completely correct.  I believe that anyone present in the zone will get the badge as long as Nemesis is defeated.  I was afk in Peregrine Island just now (about 11am EDT?) and I got the badge.  Unfortunately, I didn't confirm immediately upon arriving at the keyboard so I can't say for certain if my subsequent activities provided the badge instead.

Were you part of a team or a league involved in the attack before going afk?

I find it hard to believe that anyone just sitting in the zone gets the badge if they haven't hit nemesis a few times.

Edited by Voltor
  • Like 1

The Paragon wiki seems to confirm it:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/A_Nemesis_Plot_Badge

Edit: it's confirmed on Homecoming.  A friend of mine received the badge in Steel Canyon at approx 4pm EDT and she was shopping in a store.

Edit: Confirmed on Homecoming.  I was awarded the badge by simply arriving in Steel Canyon at approx 6:35pm EDT.  I did nothing.  I engaged nothing.  Not even the Nemesis enemies that popped up and engaged me (I ran away.)

Edit: One more change.  Nemesis doesn't invade all of the previously referenced zones simultaneously.  He only invades the zones announced in the Zone Events channels.  This *can* be multiple zones, but not always.  In order to properly farm the badge, it's important to monitor the blue and red zone events (I keep a separate tab) and travel to whichever is preferred.  By interpreting the zone messages, a player can determine if they have a chance to badge a second toon.

Edited by Display Name
  • Like 1

@Super Whatsit

When it first started he was hitting all zones at once, but other events such as Rikti, Zombie, Burning Building and Troll Rave seem to have thrown it off a bit, as I stated in above posts.  (unless the mods adjusted it), wait until next server restart and see if it syncs up again.  I also monitor the alerts and have alts placed in some of the zones in advance to quickly jump to.

As to the badge, here is the text from paragonwiki:

Badge

The following badge is awarded when the Giant Monster version of Nemesis is defeated in a zone that he has invaded.

So one would think that you have to participate in the fight, but perhaps not. It's all a Nemesis Plot

On the other hand I have been in events where he should hav spawned and it glitched, he never shows up and no badge dings

Edited by Voltor
  • Like 2

So a basic strategy would be:

1) Log into the game on the toon you want to badge

2) Create a tab in the chat window for Hero/Villain Zone Events

3) Determine that you will play for at least three hours

4) Keep an eye on the "Zone" tab and check it every time it lights up

5) Haul ace to the first zone you see

6) Join a league for the fun or hide under a rock somewhere (no seriously; if you are visible from directly above you will spawn Nemesis enemies; see Event link in the OP for verification)

7) Open your Badges window to "Most Recent."  *AS SOON* as you badge, check zones messages and decide if you have time to badge another.  This requires you to read the link in teh OP and learn what the messages mean.  And stop whining!  Having the Badges window blocking your screen isn't going to kill you!  Just keep hitting the Tab key!

Despite not being required to participate, you can't reliably hang around in one zone afk waiting on the invasion.  There's no guarantee that you'll pick the right zone.  It's possible, of course.  But the advantage of paying attention to the invasions is that I've successfully badged 3 toons on the longer ones.  Sometimes I'll join in the fun and sometimes I'll hide under a rock (for my lowbies.)

I've also encountered the "glitch."   Someone in our league mentioned that it was a hidden timer that ran out before we could defeat him, but this person didn't seem to have "inside knowledge."

@Super Whatsit

I've assembled teams as soon as the announcement flashes in chat window which zone is being attacked.  We gather in a couple of minutes and still get the glitch.  The event proceeds until the timer expires and the GM doesn't show

My strategy since I have to work at home for the foreseeable future is to work some badges on some alts, when the two hour mark approaches I grab the next alt for the badge and if I have lost track of which zone is next I just park in my base, announcement appears, I broadcast I am assembling in the target zone and off I go

• Thanks 1

Update: If you want to farm the "A Nemesis Plot" badge without participating, I believe Steel Canyon would be the goto place to afk.  It seems to be consistently invaded.  Even if Nemesis only invades one zone, it will be Steel Canyon (so far as I've seen.)

Edit: Nope!  Guess not!

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

Anyone know how or why the event is being buggy?  I did it 4 times this evening, in Steel, Skyway, Kings Row, and Talos.  Each of those had the event message about him personally showing up, but he never did in the first 3.  Apparently he actually showed up in PI at the same time, as his defeat message was in events, but I didn't make it there.  Is there an unspoken zone level to it now, like getting Jack of Irons to spawn in the Halloween event?

Edited by Knightward

2 hours ago, Knightward said:

Anyone know how or why the event is being buggy?  I did it 4 times this evening, in Steel, Skyway, Kings Row, and Talos.  Each of those had the event message about him personally showing up, but he never did in the first 3.  Apparently he actually showed up in PI at the same time, as his defeat message was in events, but I didn't make it there.  Is there an unspoken zone level to it now, like getting Jack of Irons to spawn in the Halloween event?

I have obtained the badge on level 1 alts that I had sitting around gathering dayjobs and dust.

There is no level requirement to this, as far as I can tell the bug is caused by:

1.  random glitch in the code a.k.a. bad luck

2. zone events do not combine, hence there cannot be a zombie attack and a nemesis attack in the same zone at the same time, however it MAY, emphasis on MAY, be that while and event is occurring in a zone that someone elsewhere completes an LGTF or a Katie TF and the event that would trigger from them is randomly chosen for the zone that Nemesis is attacking and thus causes the error.   This is only a theory of course.

• Like 2

Ok, it's not a matter of the zone being too low level (again, like how Jack of Irons doesn't spawn in Atlas Park or Kings Row in the Halloween event), it's just crappy luck.  Good thing I'm not trying to badge on multiple characters anymore!

Okay so as of this morning/afternoon, 100 alts = 100 nemesis invasion badge holders 🙂

Servers came back at 9:30am eastern, first Nemesis attack was at Noon, so 2.5 hours from server start to first attack.

KR, Sky, Steel, Talos, Founders, Peregrine, PO, Cap, Shark, Nerva, GV all attacked at once.  

However subsequent Nemesis attacks will not be all those zones at once as:

1. Troll Raves in Sky will delay Nemesis attack

2. Burning Building in Steel will delay Nemesis attack

3. Rikti Invasion or Zombie attack will delay Nemesis attack for the zone only not the whole event.

The 2.5 hour timer is per zone, so any zone that is attacked separately such as Sky or Steel gets its own 2.5 hour timer, while zones attacked in groups have their own group timer. 

Before server restart, blue side was KR, Talos, Founder, PI all at once but the special events in Sky and Steel separated them into separate Nemesis attack waves over time.

Apparently being in the zone is enough to get you the badge if you don't participate in the actual fight.  However nobody gets the badge if

1. the event glitches and the giant doesn't spawn, this is random but can happen

2.  not enough people gather in an area as a league to invoke the spawn. Ten minimum

3. The giant gets zapped by a security drone, such as the ones near Portal Corp in Peregrine.

For Skyway I assemble  the league near Synapse, he can't one shot the giant and as the league grows we move away from Synapse.

For Steel I assemble near Positron at first then the league pulls away from him as it grows.

For Founders I assemble near Numina/Infernal and the league pulls away from them as it grows.

For Peregrine, the portal corp parking lot, which is far away from the drones and don't push the enemy to the drones,

For Talos: the hilltop

For KR, the streets near Blue Steel, not on the steps.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Voltor said:

I have obtained the badge on level 1 alts that I had sitting around gathering dayjobs and dust.

There is no level requirement to this, as far as I can tell the bug is caused by:

1.  random glitch in the code a.k.a. bad luck

2. zone events do not combine, hence there cannot be a zombie attack and a nemesis attack in the same zone at the same time, however it MAY, emphasis on MAY, be that while and event is occurring in a zone that someone elsewhere completes an LGTF or a Katie TF and the event that would trigger from them is randomly chosen for the zone that Nemesis is attacking and thus causes the error.   This is only a theory of course.

Does completing Katie trigger something?

On 4/7/2020 at 12:28 PM, Voltor said:

3. The giant gets zapped by a security drone, such as the ones near Portal Corp in Peregrine.

This will not cause a loss of the badge.  Please read the "How to Get" section and the "Notes" section on the badge's page.

@Super Whatsit

3 hours ago, Display Name said:

This will not cause a loss of the badge.  Please read the "How to Get" section and the "Notes" section on the badge's page.

I read that long ago, too bad what I saw this past week on an alt of mine that did not have the badge contradicts that article.

Formed the league in Peregrine, people pushed the Nemesis to the drones, he got droned, no badge awarded.

• Like 1

Nope, the league assembled post haste in response to my alert/summons/requests,  the giant was spawned about 3 minutes into the fight and was droned a minute later.  No badge, and many irate players tearing into the person who pulled the giant into the drone.

• Thanks 2