SANCTUARY server (not Homecoming) Energy Blast ... no more Knockback...

Herotu

On 4/8/2020 at 2:41 PM, MunkiLord said:

Any free toggle should only change all KB mag to zero and lock it there. Don't want to invest slots for KB to KD? Fine, then you can turn all KB and KD off. This would be a fair trade off in my opinion.

Agreed with this. It's the only option that doesn't demand a slot tax from players that want to disable the effect but also doesn't force anyone to change who doesn't want to. 

• Thanks 1

When there's a disparity of opinion, the answer is choice. An option to turn off KB should be available if you want it, without sacrificing any slots, or make every KB to KD enhancement also increase damage. If there was an option to change, I can see having two builds, one with KB on for solo, and one with KB off for teams.

On 4/30/2020 at 10:09 AM, GetRidOfWires said:

When there's a disparity of opinion, the answer is choice. An option to turn off KB should be available if you want it, without sacrificing any slots, or make every KB to KD enhancement also increase damage. If there was an option to change, I can see having two builds, one with KB on for solo, and one with KB off for teams.

No, when there is a divergence in facts, one of those facts is WRONG. There can be no compromise without both sides becoming wrong.

This Idea is TERRIBLE.

Every set pays a price for their advantages. and KB slotting is a HUGE advantage... force feedback procs are a HUGE advantage.

Other sets offer that slotting option, but you pay a price... water and dp both have sweet slotting options, but pay for it in lower dps, lack of snipes, or lack of buildup.
AR has sweet slotting options, but pays for it with lower damage and the most resisted damage type in the game, by a large margin.

Even FIRE pays a price... dot's mean a ton of it's damage is 'wasted', and it has terrible slotting options and near zero mitigation.

Energy is arguably the BEST blast set in the game... it has fantastic ST, good aoe, and is one of less resisted damage types in the game... Aside from the small KB problem, EVERYONE KNOWS that energy blast is one of the 'high damage' sets. It is, in fact, the rank 2 damage champion right behind fire when it comes to both ST and AOE damage, and it has amazing mitigation, and unlike fire, all of it's damage is front-loaded.... no dot ticks that your targets can die during.

You want to make KB to KD 'optional', then what do you propose to keep EB from becoming even more OP than Titan weapons? What other way do you want to cripple EB in order to keep it in balance with the rest of the blast sets? Take out it's snipe or build-up? drop it's dps by 20%? turn all of it's attacks to 100% lethal damage? How about we just take the KB slotting out of all the powers altogether?

This proposal is basically turning energy blast into RAD, only instead of the relatively minor -def, it willl keep it's top-tier damage, Keep the best mitigation tool blasters have, knockdown, and keep i's less-resisted damage type.

It's funny, actually, Redlynne accused me of 'arguing in bad faith' while projecting... Bad faith. She's arguing to allow her pet project to become brutally OP, and refuses to see how that could be a serious problem.

KB to KD as a 'choice' is a very, very bad idea.

• Confused 1

• 9 months later
On 4/7/2020 at 8:33 AM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

wait so u want KB converted to KD and then have players use the KB enhancements to actually get KB if they want KB? hmm, that sounds too reasonable and logical to ever happen.

If I want KB I'll take a KB powerset.  Don't make me waste a slot on something that's native to a few powersets.

As for the rest of you haters, I hope they never change KB.  KB is a powerful control and a great tool.  The problem you all have with it is that you don't want to learn to use it.

I had a Storm/Energy Def on Live who could tank a 50+4 ITF.  He wouldn't have been able to do that without KB.  And I'm not talking about Hurricane either, that's Repel, not KB.

The mobs go where I tell them to go, usually into debuff patches dropped by my team mates, but sometimes up against a wall or into a corner if they started all spread out.

KB is a tool, learn to use it.

Maybe just make it a null the gull on/off thing and leave it at that.  I don't like the enhancements method we have now.  Attacks will always have something else I would rather slot in it.

• Like 2

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

A nice solution might be to have the OPTION to make the KB power into a KD or knock up. Perhaps a drop down menu similar to the one like when you change your power colors on the powers screen. Have one that allows the option to change to KB, KD or KU.

I rarely ever want KB but I do get how some might want it....I guess.... 

Stop grouping and avoid the sets with KB, problem solved

Easiest solution is a P2W buff, won't "lol compromise" a build when 5 slots is sufficient and that 6th could use a KB->KD enhancement anyway for what exactly?  piss damage proc probably, isn't a forced on for anal retentive groups except when you need it, and can pick up to 8? hours at low cost and able to revoke.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

16 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Stop grouping and avoid the sets with KB, problem solved

Easiest solution is a P2W buff, won't "lol compromise" a build when 5 slots is sufficient and that 6th could use a KB->KD enhancement anyway for what exactly?  piss damage proc probably, isn't a forced on for anal retentive groups except when you need it, and can pick up to 8? hours at low cost and able to revoke.

As a Robotics Mastermind, grouping is not even remotely relevant to my Knockback problems. My primary power set depends heavily on grouping up enemies to destroy them with the Assault Bot's AoE attacks. Most of the attacks across all my pets do knockback. For survivability, I pretty much require several aura IO's in my pets, and unlike some other MM primaries, I don't have a power outside of my three main line pets to hold them.

The upshot? I either sacrifice more slots than I can really afford for KB -> KD procs, or I get the specific Patron Power Pool that has an AoE immobilize that prevents KB. Which is thematically a poor match for the obviously high-tech robots, given that it is Mu Mastery, an explicitly magical pool.

Robotics is by no means a terrible MM primary set, but it is intensely frustrating to see my Assault Bot launch his incendiary swarm missiles, then instantly follow up with an AoE knockback. And it is equally frustrating to see my slot-starved pet powers have to sacrifice space to prevent such occurrences and allow my pets to actually work properly.

The real solution is to give the toggles to the scrappers, stalkers, tankers, and brutes a toggle that turns any KB's into KD's within what 20' of them, I think thats like the size of the electric control aura, pretty smallish. That would remove the majority of the KB complaints, with melee not having to deal with dick head NRG blasters or robots knocking their targets all over the damn place. 

Edited by Rokkeb

On 4/9/2020 at 11:16 AM, Troo said:

Question: Is it wrong to promote other servers on this servers forum?

I kinda lean toward "ya, it should be discouraged" but not all the way "ban 'em, and delete their account".

what the hell?!! this is the blaster forum.. how'd I get here?

I'm going to add my two cents to this since typically I dont give a flying frig about the "other" servers.

Everytime I see one of these threads about whatever crap the "other" servers are doing i roll my eyes.

Honestly, you want to play it that way then go over there. My views on the other servers are 2 fold, one, they are going to be pandering to the masses to get more people to come to their server and what better way then to give people what they want.

Secondly, there is zero thought into the long term ramifications of those kind of decisions, why don't you just give everyone "God mode" and see how long it lasts. 

With every powerset there should be a pro/con to it, pro nrg is a great damage set, con it has kb.

BUT, is it bad? Only for the people once again who don't want to learn to effective manage/play the set. So to satisfy the people who just can't stand it the IOs for kb>kd were created. So you have the option to change it for your play style BUT that's not good enough now you want to change it for everyone to suit you.

No thank you, and frankly these threads DO NOT promote a healthy debate its the "I want" crowd vs the "leave it alone" crowd.

These threads should be removed before they gain ground and if you want to make it a suggestion then take it to the appropriate thread as an idea to be discussed not at the look at what this other server has and we dont.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

This is a very bad and horrible idea. I much prefer the way TSpy does it and here is how I would do it.

Make KB to KD be an endurance free all or nothing toggle that has maybe a slight drawback. Maybe a slight damage knock of a few %. There. Problem solved. You now gain all those slots back and can toggle it when you want to. KB is a damage mitigation tool. While it may be horrible in tornado, I like it in Nova and gale. I push dudes away from me on purpose. Horrible idea to make it across the board and unrealistic.

On 2/20/2021 at 7:51 AM, Haijinx said:

Really a global IO would be find. You can fine ONE slot somewhere.

And it only needs to be for AOEs.  Single target KB isn't really much of a problem

The only problem with a global IO, and it is a great idea, is that you have to unslot it to turn it off or change builds. Also, it diminishes the other procs that do the same thing. It is a good idea, though. It does take up a slot, but it gets the job done.  I like tSpy's idea. I very very much dislike making it all or nothing. I would never play on sanctuary anyways, though. They can have all that.