[Beta] Patch Notes for April 5th, 2020

• City Council

This patch also includes everything from the April 4th build.

Enhancements

• With the addition of the Enhancement Upgrade feature, we wanted to widen the availability of low-level Single Origin enhancements
    • Low level stores will now sell DOs and SOs starting at level 5
      • TOs are now only available to purchase from the Supergroup Base vendor
    • Completing a story arc, at any level, will now reward a SO of your character's origin
    • Completing a door mission, at any level, now has a 10% chance of dropping a SO of a random origin
    • The Shop Keeper and Smuggler day jobs will now always drop SOs at the end of a door mission

Yin's Market

• With regular SOs being available at low level, Yin's Talisman enhancements have been modified to keep the store unlock relevant.
    • Yin's Talisman enhancements can now be slotted by any origin
    • Yin's Talisman enhancements have new icons and descriptions
    • Talisman of the Owl's Eye (Accuracy), Talisman of the Ogre's Might (Damage), Talisman of the Sleeping Lion (Endurance Reduction) and Talisman of the Quickening (Recharge) are available at Yin's Market at levels 5, 10, 15 and 20
      • They are sold at a 35% discount over regular SOs
    • Talisman of the Altered Offspring (Damage) is no longer available for purchase, since Talisman of the Ogre's Might is available to all origins
      • It has been renamed to Talisman of the Initiate and has replaced the damage TO drops in the Tutorial zones and City Hall starter missions

vkYB1hP.png

Enhanced Gamepad Support

• Added support for using the left and right triggers as modifiers with XInput
  • Added several convenience aliases for usage with keybinding

Virtual Mouse Mode

• Implemented virtual mouse mode for XInput gamepads
  • Holding both triggers now enters virtual mouse mode:
    • The left stick moves the mouse pointer. This is analog, with a small amount of acceleration past halfway pressed.
    • Moving the right stick up and down moves the mouse wheel.
    • Moving the right stick left and right passes through to your normal binds, allowing you to turn the camera.
    • The A/Cross button is the left mouse button.
    • The B/Circle button is the right mouse button.
    • The Y/Triangle button is the middle mouse button.
    • The d-pad will snap your mouse pointer around the screen. The X/Square button will snap your mouse pointer to the center of the screen.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed door missions between level 10 and 14 missing the 10% chance to drop a Pool B recipe
  • Fixed an issue with missing color palettes for Spines and Thorn sets in the Power Customization screen
  • Fixed the damage percentage display in the description of the Going Rogue pre-order enhancements (the enhancements available from the P2W vendor)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Jimmy changed the title to [Beta] Patch Notes for April 5th, 2020

This is quite awesome, guys.  As an interesting fallout of this change, I think a lot of folks might target Shop Keeper early on (especially those of us who regularly park characters under level 10 for a week or 2 to build up some patrol XP).

The QOL around SOs, paired with the Upgrade function, will really make the low levels a lot more accessible.

Kudos, good stuff.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Today, in 2020, I learned that you can actually go inside Yin's Market....

Yin's Market was, back in the OG days, the reason why people ran the Faultline arcs as early as they reasonably could.  When it could take weeks of casual play to get from 15-22, early access to even a limited range of SO's was a gift from $DIETY.

• Like 2

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

• City Council
15 minutes ago, Telephone said:

Future Potential Enhancements

Also add: Some sort of "interact" command to talk to targeted NPCs and open doors directly in front of the player so that it can be bound to a button instead of having to use virtual mouse mode to do it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hate using mouse movement in this game as it requires me to hold down the right mouse button constantly.

Once these controller enhancements are fleshed out, any chance of having a mode similar to this for KB/Mouse where we can hold something like LControl to get mouse mode (or toggle it), but effectively be in freelook with the mouse otherwise?

edit:  There is a setting that does something approximately like this, but everything I have ever read on it says it is horribly unreliable.

Edited by Caulderone

3 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

I hate using mouse movement in this game as it requires me to hold down the right mouse button constantly.

Once these controller enhancements are fleshed out, any chance of having a mode similar to this for KB/Mouse where we can hold something like LControl to get mouse mode (or toggle it), but effectively be in freelook with the mouse otherwise?

edit:  There is a setting that does something approximately like this, but everything I have ever read on it says it is horribly unreliable.

As middle-mouse is only used to spin the camera around to see your character, you could rebind it or a thumb button (if you have any) to toggle auto run on/off.

Thank you for reversing NC's snap...

@Lightyears - Excelsior

I ran a new toon from 1 to 11 to get an estimate of costs and effectiveness of keeping yourself in +3 SOs as much as possible.  I rolled a DM/Bio Stalker and used Prestige Powers and Enhancements as well as Double XP boosters.  I choose Science, and did OK with SO drops, though I out-leveled one EndRdx before I could get to the trainer to add a slot to put it in.

I did the tutorial.  It's still not worth the trouble despite the Talisman of the Initiate.  Then I did my usual street sweep/AP explore badge loop, reaching level 4 as usual and getting the Reward Merits to fuel purchases.  I typically get about 1.2-1.3M INF on live servers doing this.  I then ran two Origin contact (Smythe) missions to get to level 5.  After that I ran Twinshot-Wincott-Flux to get to 11.  I earned 33 total RM, which is 8-9M INF in earnings.  Overall my costs for keeping myself in +3 SOs at each level was (rounding to the nearest 5k)...

5 100k
6 155k
7 235k
8 340k
9 480k
10 660k
11 885k

The toon was significantly more effective than the largely unslotted build I'd have on live.  My typical attack slotting produced +38% Acc, +55% Dam, +17% Rech.

Edited by csr
  • Like 2

On 4/5/2020 at 10:32 AM, Faultline said:

This patch also includes everything from the April 4th build.

Enhancements

• With the addition of the Enhancement Upgrade feature, we wanted to widen the availability of low-level Single Origin enhancements
    • Low level stores will now sell DOs and SOs starting at level 5
      • TOs are now only available to purchase from the Supergroup Base vendor

What is the proper name of the  "Supergroup Base vendor"?

Edited by csr
Typo, clarity

A bindable 'interact' which will interact with the closest thing in front of you (e.g. opening a door or talking to a contact).

So this will prevent the need to click sometimes up to 5 times on a door to open it ? Great !
(PS: make it so as well so the boats doors in Cim can be clicked even when they're opened 🤪)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Faultline said:

Yin's Market

Is this new?! Or did he previously only sell 'normal' SO's?

Also..is there gonna be a Redside version of this store too?

6 hours ago, Faultline said:
  • Completing a story arc, at any level, will now reward a SO of your character's origin
  • Completing a door mission, at any level, now has a 10% chance of dropping a SO of a random origin

Do 'normal' mission bosses have a chance too?

Maybe Lorenz Ansaldo opens up a store in Sharkhead Isle that sells goods smuggled in from Paragon City, including Yin's Talisman enhancements.  That seems like something The Family would do, especially since the later story arcs blue side seem to have them try to be at least somewhat "reputable."  To open it up, you'd have to run Lorenz Ansaldo's mission arc.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Apparition said:

Maybe Lorenz Ansaldo opens up a store in Sharkhead Isle that sells goods smuggled in from Paragon City, including Yin's Talisman enhancements.  That seems like something The Family would do, especially since the later story arcs blue side seem to have them try to be at least somewhat "reputable."  To open it up, you'd have to run Lorenz Ansaldo's mission arc.

Wow, perfect idea! Makes sense with needing his badge mission for an accolade later on too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Vanguard Quartermaster, Midnighter Quartermaster

And the Arachnos QM too.  All sell TOs.  Any others hiding in the weeds of the long list of NPCs?  (The Nurse, another vendor, doesn't sell enhancements.)

Edited by csr