[Beta] Patch Notes for April 5th, 2020

11 hours ago, Neogumbercules said:

This might actually be the best suggestion yet! 

Changing things in a way that doesn't make them clearly better is not a good idea.  However, I think what's currently on Beta is clearly better than what is currently on Live.  Most of the "improvements" suggested beyond the current Beta set either require significant additional work or aren't really a significant improvement, IMO.  I'm curious as to what the dev discussions have been for the last month, and whether or not some of that significant work is being done or contemplated.  As of now, I'd suggest that if significant additional work hasn't already been put into the upgrades, what's on Beta should go Live as is and any additions or improvements should be shelved for a later date.

22 hours ago, csr said:

Changing things in a way that doesn't make them clearly better is not a good idea.  However, I think what's currently on Beta is clearly better than what is currently on Live.  Most of the "improvements" suggested beyond the current Beta set either require significant additional work or aren't really a significant improvement, IMO.  I'm curious as to what the dev discussions have been for the last month, and whether or not some of that significant work is being done or contemplated.  As of now, I'd suggest that if significant additional work hasn't already been put into the upgrades, what's on Beta should go Live as is and any additions or improvements should be shelved for a later date.

I was not trying to suggest that they don't implement what's on test.

Just that there should probably be a fairly narrow limit on changes of this kind. Make it work, make it clear to new players how it works, and then leave it.

• 1 month later
On 5/6/2020 at 9:46 AM, csr said:

Only two? All of my level 19- toons (at least 20 of them) are parked at the moment.  I've been awaiting the next patch notes, but am about to give up on it and play a couple of lowbies current style (explores and arcs to get INF and go DO to IO).

I wound up with four of them already rolling through the levels. Once I have an IO build sent to a character, it’s like “money burning a hole in my pocke” and I have to play it. With 1,000 slots, this QoL option will work for the rest of the 900+ alts that get made over the years if it ever goes live.🤣

Edited by Myrmidon

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

• Jimmy locked this topic