Essence Transfer chance to heal problem

I've got the Essence Transfer /Global Heal proc slotted in my Warshade's Orbiting Death power, and the proc is not working globally. It's only working FOR Orbiting Death.

I'd been playing with it in for a while and mostly in Dark Nova form. None of the 4 nova attacks or Ebon Eye have triggered the proc EVER. It's been several levels and I've been monitoring. I thought maybe it was a form bug (I've also got the form enhancement IO in that power and it DOES work in both human and nova form...) so I went back to human form where I only have Ebon Eye and Shadow Bolt and harassed a bunch of gray Hellions in atlas. Not a single proc out of dozens of attacks. Then I turned the damage aura on. Proc, proc, proc. Well, not fast, but it did proc a couple times within a few minutes so it's definitely working in THAT power.

The proc says it grants a global chance to "most" attacks to heal the caster. Unless the T1 and T2 and 4 Dark Nova powers are the specific exclusions, there is something really wrong here. Who else has this proc and what do you have it slotted in, and which powers trigger it for you?

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

6 hours ago, Erydanus said:

I've got the Essence Transfer /Global Heal proc slotted in my Warshade's Orbiting Death power, and the proc is not working globally. It's only working FOR Orbiting Death.

I'd been playing with it in for a while and mostly in Dark Nova form. None of the 4 nova attacks or Ebon Eye have triggered the proc EVER. It's been several levels and I've been monitoring. I thought maybe it was a form bug (I've also got the form enhancement IO in that power and it DOES work in both human and nova form...) so I went back to human form where I only have Ebon Eye and Shadow Bolt and harassed a bunch of gray Hellions in atlas. Not a single proc out of dozens of attacks. Then I turned the damage aura on. Proc, proc, proc. Well, not fast, but it did proc a couple times within a few minutes so it's definitely working in THAT power.

The proc says it grants a global chance to "most" attacks to heal the caster. Unless the T1 and T2 and 4 Dark Nova powers are the specific exclusions, there is something really wrong here. Who else has this proc and what do you have it slotted in, and which powers trigger it for you?

Luckily for me, I tried this enhancement on test servers on my peacebringer, and results for me where it wasnt worth slotting, the proc chance and heal are way to low (heal was something around 50hp) and inconsistent with proc with different attacks.

It's possible that the global heal proc requires the power it's slotted into to be active if it is slotted into a toggle (re: Orbiting Death).  However, if it's slotted into a Click then the power doesn't need to "on" in order to share the global proc chance to other powers.  Definitely one of those things that will require testing to validate if that's the way it works.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Well that's something I tested for already. When I was testing the 2 attacks I had, I did have orbiting death on and just stayed at range. As soon as I walked into a group of them, proc without further attacks. The flat chance of any power to trigger a 5% heal is 12%, so roughly 1 out of 8 attacks. So next up test server time seeing what happens if it's slotted into a human form click or a nova power. 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

21 minutes ago, Erydanus said:

Well that's something I tested for already. When I was testing the 2 attacks I had, I did have orbiting death on and just stayed at range. As soon as I walked into a group of them, proc without further attacks. The flat chance of any power to trigger a 5% heal is 12%, so roughly 1 out of 8 attacks. So next up test server time seeing what happens if it's slotted into a human form click or a nova power. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see that the "global" proc chance is borked by hacktacular slapdash programming that worked just fine elsehwere, but not in this application for Kheldians.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

• 1 month later

I have a human-only PB and I had the power slotted into my AOE blast power but it never seemed to proc. I also never saw it proc on any other power. 

I found a post from a while back (do a search for Essence Transfer in this forum) where someone suggested the proc was broken and either not actually global or didn't work in AOE powers.

So I moved the set from my AOE blast to a single target blast and it's working way more now. I did a test and it seemed like it was proccing from my T1 power as well. So I think moving it out of orbiting death and to a single-target power might work better.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later

yeah this proc is a known proc.. and the new devs are unable to fix it or haven't gotten around to fixing it yet.. from when i tested it, it fires off randomly.. sometimes the global proc works sometimes it doesnt and the heal is sometimes a large heal (highest ive seen is 300hp) to a small heal..

its bugged up bad.. the best bet would be for the devs to allow it to go into shields or auto like the other auto heals.

IRON ASCENSION - ALL HUMAN PB

IRON-WIDOW - WIDOW

IRON BLADE - PSI/NINJA BLASTER

IRON RAIN - WATER/MA BLASTER