Incarnate Content

Ukase

Am I going to bed too early or something?

On other servers, I routinely see broadcasts for incarnate content, but on Excelsior...not a peep. What channel are you folks advertising your vacancies on? What time of day/night are you running them?

Apparently, everyone on Excel makes a character, runs DFB, then makes a new character and repeats... at least, if the LFG tab is any indication! So yeah, you're the only lvl 50, sorry dude!

Kidding aside, I know of the following global channels (which are kinda borked at the moment): "Excelsior Badges", "Excelsior TFs", and then just "Excelsior" Even when global chats ARE working, these channels are pretty vacant. Heck, people hardly even chat in teams, which is weird to me. I feel like Excelsior is turning into the "Freedom" server of the bunch, and I'm not happy about that =/

I've made a few new friends on Excelsior, and have a lot of loot stored in my base. It would be a pain to relocate it. I hate to transfer when at the lower levels, the folks I run into seem very competent.

I guess, once I reacquaint myself on the other servers the better strategies, I'll just have to form the leagues myself.

Ill admit that serious alt-itis has resulted in me having only one character even in her 40s - and that primarily a product of spines/bio meaning Ive been putting huge crowds in my missions to keep things interesting.

Amusingly,  though shes great fun, Im in no hurry to slap Incarnates on, unless I can find a way to get solid single-target out of spines.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

I initially made a couple toons on Halcyon before finding out a number of familiar Liberty folks are on Excelsior, and I’m not too crazy about completely bypassing content, but I intend to chug along at my own pace for a little while.  Not to mention that as much as I adore this game and community being restored to some degree, Life happens and so I, personally at least, can’t devote the 20-30~ hours a week I could a decade ago, much as often wish I could lol.  I did notice the global channels I’d seen mentioned were quiet then saw someone in the discord mention that it was an issue being looked into.

Just another Liberty player’s situation as food* for thought mate.  I hate this new age of forced autocorrect too, bleh.

Apparently, everyone on Excel makes a character, runs DFB, then makes a new character and repeats... at least, if the LFG tab is any indication! So yeah, you're the only lvl 50, sorry dude!

Kidding aside, I know of the following global channels (which are kinda borked at the moment): "Excelsior Badges", "Excelsior TFs", and then just "Excelsior" Even when global chats ARE working, these channels are pretty vacant. Heck, people hardly even chat in teams, which is weird to me. I feel like Excelsior is turning into the "Freedom" server of the bunch, and I'm not happy about that =/

I don't think this is a  joke really, most ppl are rerolling alts rather then lvl as a single toon. So DA and Incarnate trial are a ghost town. I'm just going to farm there in hope to see one form one day.

For me I have one toon at 20, and a handful in their teens. It's slowing dawning on me how much time I spent with my primary in the 'beforetimes', collecting badges, accolades, IOs, etc. There's just no way to recreate that in a short time and honestly, Incarnate stuff came at the end of that.

I would love to be able to catch up to that point and go from there. The process getting to that point - seems hugely daunting.

I made a channel called "Excelsior for All".  It's a general purpose channel for teaming/farming/raiding/TF's/Hami/marketing/etc.  The channels still growing, I'd like to get it to the point where the majority of Excelsior is on it.

We ran Behavioral Adjustment Facility yesterday afternoon with a full league.

Was quick though, took longer to set up the league than to run the trial.

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster

Honestly I've been in shock since I found out CoH was back, so yeah I've rolled a lot of alts - ones that were at lvl 50 pre finger snap.

I have 5 at lvl 20 now but the cool thing is my wife plays and my 12 year old son plays and they have 5 lvl 20s also.  We are tailoring our 3 man teams to be fun for us, take on just about any content, and lastly make it easier for others to team with us. 

There hasn't been a night yet we've ran with anything other than a full team yet, so as we level we will be looking to do incarnate material one day soon with many alts.

I have 11 total alts now and it's cool to reexperience them again from the ground up.  The hardest was my first lvl 50 because it was the most sentimental, I couldn't bring myself to play him because I was afraid to lose him again, but I talked myself into it the other night.

My 4 year old son also plays and he's good, but loses interest quick... SQUIRREL!

I have one toon that I ran up to 50 in ~8 days and a few more in the 20 - 30 range. My 50 doesn't match my preferred mode of play (I like support characters, not melee), so I haven't really looked in to the post-50 scene. I guess I need to pay more attention to the global channels to see what end-game people are doing because all the Incarnate stuff is a lot of fun.

Sisterhood Friends is a fairly active channel for all things Excelsior. I haven't seen Incarnate requests there but there's plenty of folks eligible.

The Sisterhood - Liberty Server

A (slightly rotating) group of us bounced through Keyes, BAF, Lambda and then Keyes again last night.

The global channels should start to pick up as more people join. These trials groups though I've picked up via regular LFG channel though.

Excelsior Global Channel - for your server wide chat and forming TFs, Trials, Radios, Farms, whatever you want to do - /chan_join Excelsior today!

A (slightly rotating) group of us bounced through Keyes, BAF, Lambda and then Keyes again last night.

The global channels should start to pick up as more people join. These trials groups though I've picked up via regular LFG channel though.

Nice, A different group of us did BAF, Lamba, Keyes, Underground, and TPN Campus, while doing Adamastor and Rikti Mothership inbetween.

Although, I have to say, people need to think more about their positioning as we get into the higher incarnate trials.

Saw a lot of people getting one shot by AOE's and cone attacks.

Excelsior - Grey Scale 50+ Emp/Dark Def - Thermal Meltdown 50+ Rad/Fire Brute - Old Growth 50+ Plant Troll - Enrico Fermi 50+ Rad Blaster

Thank you all  for taking the time to reply. I did finally catch some incarnate action over the past week. I just had to change the times I played by about 90 minutes. I had been bringing my character on too soon, and logging off too soon.

Excellent! I’ve been showing my kids the ropes in my free time so I still have a while to go before even thinking about iTrials, but I’m happy to see they have active participation.

I feel like Excelsior is turning into the "Freedom" server of the bunch, and I'm not happy about that =/

We can only strive to be THAT good  :D

Seriously, all the shade I constantly see thrown Freedom’s way mostly comes from people that never even played there for any given amount of time (or just from Virtue players). As someone that exclusively played on Freedom from headstart to shutdown, comments like this one irk me a bit. From my experience, I can say that it was a great place with wonderful and helpful players. I made so many great friends there as well. Now I’m not saying we didn’t have our less desirable players, but honestly what server DIDN’T have those?

Just my two Influence. I’m going to get back to training future productive and prodigious heroes for our city. 

@Bad Mr. Gary - Squelch - Excelsior