Inf Sink Ideas

Gremlin

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

No, I get that there are badges you don't want to pursue.  Why pursue those badges at all?  Is there an uberbadge for having every "official" badge?  I'm trying to understand the badger mentality and I don't understand why if there are badges that are too tedious to accomplish, you still do them.  Is it for the title, or for bragging rights in the forums with screenshots?  I'm definitely not criticizing; I'm just trying to see your point of view.  thanks!

I'm with you 90%.  I only get badges for power increases  i.e. 4 passiave accolades and sometimes Geass of Kind Ones to tank Psi damage alphas back in the day.

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Why pursue those badges at all?

Because after you "done everything else" it gives you something else to strive for and achieve.  That way, the game isn't "done" after you've "already beaten the game" (so to speak).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Just now, Redlynne said:

Because after you "done everything else" it gives you something else to strive for and achieve.  That way, the game isn't "done" after you've "already beaten the game" (so to speak).

Ok, but then shouldn't at least some of those badges be difficult/onerous/tedious to get?  Otherwise isn't it a trivial achievement and then you are waiting around for something new to do?

Who run Bartertown?

4 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Ok, but then shouldn't at least some of those badges be difficult/onerous/tedious to get?  Otherwise isn't it a trivial achievement and then you are waiting around for something new to do?

You're basically asking "what do you do when you run out of UP?" at that point ...

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

8 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

You're basically asking "what do you do when you run out of UP?" at that point ...

Right!  Which is why I'd like to see new UP.  New goals, new challenges, new (non-exclusionary) rewards that have no effect on gameplay.

Who run Bartertown?

On 4/7/2020 at 7:07 AM, Apparition said:

If you really want an INF sink, pay two billion INF to cause an invasion of Atlas Park. 😛

I seem to remember doing Rikti and Zombie invasions in Atlas.  How come that isn't  a thing on Homecoming?  If there is I haven't noticed

19 minutes ago, MajikMayhem81 said:

I seem to remember doing Rikti and Zombie invasions in Atlas.  How come that isn't  a thing on Homecoming?  If there is I haven't noticed

I don't think there were ever invasions in Atlas Park nor Mercy Island.  It'd be a bit rough for level one or two characters.

13 hours ago, Apparition said:

I don't think there were ever invasions in Atlas Park nor Mercy Island.  It'd be a bit rough for level one or two characters.

There were definitely invasions in AP because everyone would always make the joke, "oh Ms. Liberty not helping again". I do believe invasions are scaled to the player tho, so lowbies arent just fighting level 50s. 

6 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

There were invasions in Atlas.  There are a whole lot of 50+ characters hanging around in Atlas at anytime.

2 minutes ago, hazygreys said:

There were definitely invasions in AP because everyone would always make the joke, "oh Ms. Liberty not helping again". I do believe invasions are scaled to the player tho, so lowbies arent just fighting level 50s. 

Huh.  Just goes to show how much I paid attention to Atlas Park over the years. :P

An NPC, average looking person, nothing special. Name them "Architect," or maybe "City Planner." S/He hangs around somewhere visible, Atlas Park let's say. Not too far from Ms. Liberty. Waves and says your name when you pass by, to make sure you know they're there.

They're the one who designed the office building interiors.

For 10 million inf, players can punch them. 

Edited by Shivertongue
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Chance Jackson said:

How about allowing players to buy AI controlled copies of their other characters?

Here's how gullible I am/was.

When COV was first announced, and they began discussions about the alignment missions, I thought there would be a PVP-like element introduced into PVE where basically each hero had an arch-nemesis on Vil side, and vice versa.  And so basically you'd find yourself running up against your arch nem in ordinary PVE missions but as a recurring AV....

Eventually, these discussions just turned into the Quantum powered foes you'd run up against as a Warshade/PeaceBringer.

But I honestly read so far into it I got SUPER UPSET when it turned out to not be a thing.

I'd pay RL big money to add my own arch-nem into this game, especially if it was modeled after one of my own alt's.

• Like 2

I love the NPC Companion idea... Even if they were only ornamental rather than combat pets, it would be pretty awesome to actually have both halves of a pair like Mordred and Merlin (both mine, so impossible as-is) tagging along together. I'd burn a chunk of INF gleefully to be able to do that, just for roleplay purposes. 

• Like 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

On 4/20/2020 at 10:59 AM, Crysis said:

Here's how gullible I am/was.

When COV was first announced, and they began discussions about the alignment missions, I thought there would be a PVP-like element introduced into PVE where basically each hero had an arch-nemesis on Vil side, and vice versa.  And so basically you'd find yourself running up against your arch nem in ordinary PVE missions but as a recurring AV....

Eventually, these discussions just turned into the Quantum powered foes you'd run up against as a Warshade/PeaceBringer.

But I honestly read so far into it I got SUPER UPSET when it turned out to not be a thing.

I'd pay RL big money to add my own arch-nem into this game, especially if it was modeled after one of my own alt's.

Yeah, I make my own Archnemesii and play them as well, and then have the whole conflict between them and their counterpart play out in my mind.

It's... it's not the same...

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later

I'd love to see prestige come back as an inf sink. Back on live  i was in the top 3 SGs at the close of the game for prestige on my server, and I was a solo SG. I'd love to be doing that again.

• Like 1