Poison Guide - a guide to the most deadly poisons

Frosticus

• 4 weeks later
On 5/16/2020 at 5:27 PM, KelvinKole said:

Started an earth/Poison controller earlier in the week and this guide was extremely helpful for allocating slots. Level 33 right now and thinking it will be an area denial and debuff monster. Thanks for writing this. 

I think earth/poison is one of the strongest builds you can make that can take a pug from failing to thriving. 

as a bonus they will often have no idea "why" things became so easy.

1 hour ago, Blaque Zeke said:

Hey Frosticus? How did you survive before incarnates?  Were you able to play on 4x8 before incarnantes?

I rarely play 4/8 with this character unless teaming. While leveling I run at max +2 and post level shift at +3 (which is then +2 from a debuff perspective).

As stated in the guide, I'm of the mindset that the purple patch hits debuffs too severely at +3 and higher. I rarely touch my insp tray though, so that impacts many of my choices.

If you want to crank it higher you'll need defense just like every other build out there. But my intent wasn't to show what a high defense debuffer can do. We already know that answer. Rather I wanted to show that another path can produce great results while leaning more heavily on the attributes of poison and the synergy of damage debuffing combined with resistance. 

Mez is the biggest issue that poison has for two reasons. It interrupts your output of active mitigation (mez's and defender procs) and it toggle drops venomous gas which is a powerful layered defense/offense toggle. So you are well advised to pick up the power amplifier that grants mez protection until you sort out your own sources. 

• Like 2

On 4/9/2020 at 12:39 AM, Frosticus said:

Best used on scrappers as their swords tend to be sharper than they are.

Just came across this guide and I think I’m in love. This sentence sealed the deal. 

• Haha 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

12 hours ago, Nyghtmaire said:
On 4/8/2020 at 11:39 PM, Frosticus said:

Best used on scrappers as their swords tend to be sharper than they are.

Just came across this guide and I think I’m in love. This sentence sealed the deal. 

It only hurts because it's TRUE ... 🤣

• Haha 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I remade Chet's build in Mids for others to see the real numbers:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Defender
Primary Power Set: Poison
Secondary Power Set: Dual Pistols
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Experimentation
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Psychic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Envenom -- AnlWkn-%ToHit(A), AnlWkn-Acc/DefDeb(5), ShlBrk-Acc/Rchg(7), ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb(7), TchofLadG-%Dam(9)
Level 1: Pistols -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(9), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Dvs-Acc/Dmg(11)
Level 2: Weaken -- SphIns-ToHitDeb(A), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(13), SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SphIns-Acc/Rchg(15), CldSns-%Dam(15)
Level 4: Empty Clips -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(17), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(17), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(19), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 8: Neurotoxic Breath -- ImpSwf-Dam%(A), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(21), TmpRdn-Acc/Slow(21), TmpRdn-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(23)
Level 10: Swap Ammo
Level 12: Speed of Sound -- Run-I(A)
Level 14: Alkaloid -- HO:Golgi(A), Prv-Absorb%(23)
Level 16: Bullet Rain -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(25), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(25), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(27), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27)
Level 18: Toxic Dart -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Elixir of Life -- StdPrt-ResKB(A)
Level 22: Paralytic Poison -- Lck-%Hold(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(29), Lck-Acc/Rchg(29), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(31)
Level 24: Suppressive Fire -- Acc-I(A), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(31), NrnSht-Dam%(31)
Level 26: Poison Trap -- Erd-Acc/Rchg(A), Erd-%Dam(33), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/Hold/Rchg(33), GhsWdwEmb-Acc/Rchg(33), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(34), Ent-Rchg/AbsorbProc(34)
Level 28: Corrosive Vial -- UndDfn-DefDeb(A), UndDfn-Rchg(34), TchofLadG-%Dam(36), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(36), Ann-ResDeb%(36)
Level 30: Executioner's Shot -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(37), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(37), Dcm-Build%(39)
Level 32: Venomous Gas -- TchofLadG-DefDeb/EndRdx(A), TchofLadG-%Dam(39), AchHee-ResDeb%(39), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(40), DflEgo-ToHitDeb(40), DflEgo-RecDeb%(40)
Level 35: Adrenal Booster -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42), RechRdx-I(42), ToHit-I(42)
Level 38: Hail of Bullets -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(43), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 41: Dominate -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 44: Mind Over Body -- ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), ImpArm-ResDam(46), UnbGrd-ResDam(48), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 49: Dual Wield -- Dvs-Hold%(A), Dvs-Acc/Dmg(50), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Vigilance
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(3), EndMod-I(5)
Level 10: Chemical Ammunition
Level 10: Cryo Ammunition
Level 10: Incendiary Ammunition
------------

• Thanks 1

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

Just a note of thanks for this guide.  I referred to it several times as I built a Plants/Poison controller.  The character is slightly remarkable in that I took everything in the primary, and the same for the secondary.  Put off some things (the confuse and the bomb) but eventually took 'em all.  But even the powers I took later than immediately seemed more useful or fun than any pool power. 

This character started out as a concept character (was reading a novel about Circe) but I saw potential in the character and levelled her to 50 fairly fast.  I did not take Leadership (already rather end-bound, though I've given her every advantage I know how) and did take Concealment to Invisibility (because toe bombing is always fun.) 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

• 2 months later
On 4/10/2020 at 9:33 PM, SeraphimKensai said:

I made a poison/rad the other day after I pvped against a poison/fire. I was surprised it was that effective. On Everlasting the other night.

While I have zero intention of PvP'ing; I was thinking of making a Poison/Rad. The proc potential seems amazing but I have no idea how it is I'll keep him alive. I was really hoping to delve into Soul Master for my Patron Pool for the glory that would be Soul Drain > Irradiate > Neutrino Bomb > Atomic Blast. It's single target capabilities also have me drooling with Cosmic Burst > Proton Volley > Paralitic Hold > Soul Hold.  I'm unsure if this attack chain will be clunky and maybe I only need one of the Holds? Anyway, this was just a long winded way of me asking if you had any build ideas I could look through. Thanks. 

15 minutes ago, ThrillMill said:

While I have zero intention of PvP'ing; I was thinking of making a Poison/Rad. The proc potential seems amazing but I have no idea how it is I'll keep him alive. I was really hoping to delve into Soul Master for my Patron Pool for the glory that would be Soul Drain > Irradiate > Neutrino Bomb > Atomic Blast. It's single target capabilities also have me drooling with Cosmic Burst > Proton Volley > Paralitic Hold > Soul Hold.  I'm unsure if this attack chain will be clunky and maybe I only need one of the Holds? Anyway, this was just a long winded way of me asking if you had any build ideas I could look through. Thanks. 

Here's my proc focused poison/rad build if you're interested in taking a look.  I went psi epic though, mostly for dominate with procs.  It can clear bosses as fast as some of my DPS builds thanks to envenom and poisonous gasses beefing up proc damage.  I made some weird slotting choices to get enough global accuracy to neglect acc slotting and not rely on defense debuffs.  I ran out of powers I actually used to slot since they were full of procs and had to mule sets into powers like brawl.  The build runs ageless and cardiac so I can turn off my brain on endurance management.  There's not really any alphas that do a whole lot for poison anyway. 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25

Level 50 Magic Defender
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Blast
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Psychic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Envenom -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A)
Level 1: Neutrino Bolt -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(5)
Level 2: Weaken -- ToHitDeb-I(A)
Level 4: Irradiate -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dam%(13), TchofLadG-%Dam(15), Erd-%Dam(15), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(17), AchHee-ResDeb%(17)
Level 6: Boxing -- AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(19), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(19), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(21), AbsAmz-Stun(21)
Level 8: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 10: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(23), Ksm-ToHit+(25), Rct-ResDam%(25)
Level 12: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(27)
Level 16: Proton Volley -- Apc-Dmg(A), ShlBrk-%Dam(27), TchofLadG-%Dam(29), StnoftheM-Dam%(29), Apc-Dam%(31), GldJvl-Dam%(31)
Level 18: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 20: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 22: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(33)
Level 24: Tactics -- ToHit-I(A), ToHit-I(33)
Level 26: Poison Trap -- Obl-%Dam(A), Erd-%Dam(33), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(34), NrnSht-Dam%(34), GldNet-Dam%(34), Acc-I(36)
Level 28: Cosmic Burst -- Dmg-I(A), Dmg-I(36), AchHee-ResDeb%(36), GldJvl-Dam%(37), TchofLadG-%Dam(37), ShlBrk-%Dam(37)
Level 30: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 32: Venomous Gas -- ToHitDeb-I(A), ToHitDeb-I(46)
Level 35: Dominate -- Dmg-I(A), UnbCns-Dam%(39), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(39), NrnSht-Dam%(39), GldNet-Dam%(40), GldJvl-Dam%(40)
Level 38: Atomic Blast -- SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(A), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(42), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 41: Neutron Bomb -- Rgn-Dmg(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(43), ShlBrk-%Dam(43), TchofLadG-%Dam(45), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(45), PstBls-Dam%(45)
Level 44: Mind Over Body -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(46), ResDam-I(46)
Level 47: World of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(48), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(48), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(48), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(50), CrcPrs-Conf%(50)
Level 49: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Acc/Rchg(5), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(7), Hct-Dmg(7), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(9)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9), Mrc-Rcvry+(11)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(11), EndMod-I(13)
Level 50: Cardiac Core Paragon
------------

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the build. I had considered the Psi Pool for dominate but I don't think I can pass up Soul Drain just yet. How's the World of Confusion power? I think I had tried it on a Blaster of mine from back on Live but didnt feel like it was doing all that much for me. Is it better now? Looks like you skipped Poison's Hold; I might do the same and just focus on the epic one. I'll get working on my own for review. I'd really like to hit the soft cap for S/L and Ranged but I don't see how it is I'm going to get there with the Soul Mastery Pool. Maybe the debuffs and higher Res numbers will be enough. I have my doubts given how squishy Defenders typically are. 

38 minutes ago, ThrillMill said:

Thanks for the build. I had considered the Psi Pool for dominate but I don't think I can pass up Soul Drain just yet. How's the World of Confusion power? I think I had tried it on a Blaster of mine from back on Live but didnt feel like it was doing all that much for me. Is it better now? Looks like you skipped Poison's Hold; I might do the same and just focus on the epic one. I'll get working on my own for review. I'd really like to hit the soft cap for S/L and Ranged but I don't see how it is I'm going to get there with the Soul Mastery Pool. Maybe the debuffs and higher Res numbers will be enough. I have my doubts given how squishy Defenders typically are. 

World of confusion was mostly a mule power because the bonuses from coercive persuasion are so good.  I run it, but don't really notice much from it.  I skipped the hold because I went with proc'd out dominate instead so I didn't really see the need.  You'd be surprised how tanky poison can be.  Make sure you've got mez protection and poisonous gasses can make up for a lack of defense.  You just have to stay up close.  It should be fairly easy to cap s/l resist with the dark epic.  Add a little melee defense from pool powers and glad/steadfast.  With resist, defense, and tohit/damage debuffs combined you've got decent survivability for a squishie even without reaching soft cap.  Only way I could see easily soft capping s/l is by going scorpion shield.  Or sacrificing some proc slotting for more defense.  Personally when I make proc builds I try to go all in even if it means neglecting defense.  I aimed for 32.5% ranged defense so that one purple would soft cap me and even lower melee defense since I have debuffs to rely on at that distance.

Edited by josh1622
  • Like 1

Here's my first go of a build. I was able to cap S/L resistance but there are massive gaps to everything else. Let me know where I could improve. Thanks. 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10

Level 50 Magic Defender
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Blast
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Envenom -- ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb(A), ShlBrk-%Dam(7)
Level 1: Neutrino Bolt -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 2: Weaken -- CldSns-Acc/ToHitDeb(A), CldSns-%Dam(7)
Level 4: Irradiate -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-%Dam(9), Erd-%Dam(9), ScrDrv-Dam%(15), TchofLadG-%Dam(15), ShlBrk-%Dam(34)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(11), Ksm-ToHit+(46)
Level 8: Super Jump -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(11)
Level 10: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(13), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 14: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(17), AdjTrg-ToHit(17)
Level 16: Proton Volley -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dam%(19), GldJvl-Dam%(19), TchofLadG-%Dam(21), ShlBrk-%Dam(21), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(23)
Level 18: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Aim -- AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit(23)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(25), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(25), UnbGrd-Max HP%(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(37)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(27), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(27)
Level 26: Poison Trap -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-%Dam(29), NrnSht-Dam%(29), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(31), GldNet-Dam%(31), Arm-Dam%(31)
Level 28: Cosmic Burst -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dam%(33), GldJvl-Dam%(33), TchofLadG-%Dam(33), AchHee-ResDeb%(34), ShlBrk-%Dam(34)
Level 30: Acrobatics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 32: Venomous Gas -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(36), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(36), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/Rchg(50)
Level 35: Soul Drain -- Erd-Acc/Rchg(A), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Erd-%Dam(37), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 38: Atomic Blast -- SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(40)
Level 41: Soul Storm -- GldJvl-Acc/Dmg(A), GldJvl-Dam%(42), NrnSht-Dam%(42), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(42), UnbCns-Dam%(43), GldNet-Dam%(43)
Level 44: Neutron Bomb -- Bmbdmt-Dam(A), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(45), JvlVll-Dam%(45), PstBls-Dam%(45), TchofLadG-%Dam(46), ShlBrk-%Dam(46)
Level 47: Dark Embrace -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Ags-ResDam(48), Ags-Psi/Status(48)
Level 49: Power Boost -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(5), PwrTrns-+Heal(5)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Clarion Partial Core Invocation 
Level 50: Void Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Melee Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Diamagnetic Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Banished Pantheon Core Superior Ally 
------------

So I have added a Earth/Poison to my growing collection of Earth Controllers (Storm, Nature, TA, Rad are at 50).  I have already gotten him to lv 20 before I saw your guide.  I have done a rough leveling build (hardly any sets just standard IO's).  I am going to be going into Experimentation as Corrosive Vial will be another AOE I can throw down to help out the team.  Not sure if anyone else has some ideas to improve on this starting point.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Controller
Primary Power Set: Earth Control
Secondary Power Set: Poison
Power Pool: zn_Experimentation
Ancillary Pool: Stone Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fossilize -- Acc-I(A), Hold-I(7), Dmg-I(7), Dmg-I(11), EndRdx-I(19)
Level 1: Alkaloid -- Heal-I(A), EndRdx-I(3)
Level 2: Stone Cages -- Acc-I(A), EndRdx-I(3)
Level 4: Envenom -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), EndRdx-I(5), Acc-I(5)
Level 6: Quicksand -- Slow-I(A)
Level 8: Weaken -- Acc-I(A), EndRdx-I(9), ToHitDeb-I(9)
Level 10: Neurotoxic Breath -- Acc-I(A), EndRdx-I(11)
Level 12: Stalagmites -- Acc-I(A), Acc-I(13), RechRdx-I(13), RechRdx-I(15), Ann-ResDeb%(17)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Experimental Injection -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17), Heal-I(23), EndMod-I(25)
Level 18: Earthquake -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(19), DefDeb-I(21), ToHitDeb-I(21), AchHee-ResDeb%(23)
Level 20: Speed of Sound -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 22: Corrosive Vial -- RechRdx-I(A), Acc-I(25), AchHee-ResDeb%(40), DefDeb-I(40), RechRdx-I(40), Ann-ResDeb%(42)
Level 24: Adrenal Booster -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(43)
Level 26: Volcanic Gasses -- Lck-%Hold(A), Hold-I(27), Acc-I(27), RechRdx-I(29), RechRdx-I(29), RechRdx-I(31)
Level 28: Paralytic Poison -- Hold-I(A), Acc-I(34), RechRdx-I(37)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- EndRdx-I(A), DefBuff-I(31), DefBuff-I(31)
Level 32: Animate Stone -- SvrRgh-PetResDam(A), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(34), SvrRgh-Acc/Dmg(34)
Level 35: Poison Trap -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Obl-%Dam(36), ScrDrv-Dam%(36), NrnSht-Dam%(36), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(37), GldNet-Dam%(37)
Level 38: Venomous Gas -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), DefDeb-I(39), ToHitDeb-I(39), EndRdx-I(39)
Level 41: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A), ToHit-I(42), ToHit-I(42)
Level 44: Fissure -- Acc-I(A), Dmg-I(45), Dmg-I(45), FrcFdb-Rechg%(45)
Level 47: Seismic Smash -- Acc-I(A), Dmg-I(48), Dmg-I(48), Dmg-I(48)
Level 49: Rock Armor -- DefBuff-I(A), DefBuff-I(50), DefBuff-I(50), EndRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Containment 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A)
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1409;599;1198;HEX;|
|78DA6D54CB6E126118FD07065B28956B29A51D6E2DD082A160DD37B1A29B624859B|
|824133AD84928438631A9F112ABF111BC24EA2BF80E3E8D1BAB6874A11BFC98EF80|
|8571C2E430E79CEFFA67A67E76CBFFF1CEF9BE9082075D7530681D183DCB34BA5DC|
|DF4D4D5FB7A5B8CAF05BAD3FF9489A95C534DEB64F214BB64B8F9A0D329370C7D60|
|F484AF6190B5D9D7B4E3A8FDB776D6D74CFD54EB59AAA51BBD804D1E6AEAB1660E4|
|EF47ED87EBE6D986DAD65745AF7F46E375CEBEBED72D3327A5AABAE0E2CCD7C18A7|
|9672743F9604AE912C120455595CC90115461F309C617C159DC648628B3917B4279|
|44F82262566B5D714E766CDE5FEE41222220B199A0CEF530AF6B0477876997B13E5|
|158EE316E05B44DCE21EE35BF27851D70B8F0F9E67947309332E41F34FB0C478151|
|8FCECB6314B0597916F79CE73B728448035776012078C611FF134E339D50EA17608|
|9E30309A0262861876D2A0FC11897710F1BA6CED88B815CEE359417C1C331410574|
|0BE02F41DCCD2A4D855CCB20AAD087C4E75D69077ED0FD74AE0FC13C8BF519AC524|
|F01DED7C1DE7B28E980C62B6E009D11E1578149C4732398B2FA887147A48FD622EF|
|D937B490F813F1833DF8143F6BDA71EB288CDEEF3BC9B02F8883D9B2A1550A8A753|
|897BABB1FE21CAEFC0F81C73D8611E3BCCE34CF2E83942736C638E6D703BD767F10|
|BA52DF1B9B94BD8C335650E5F72FFBFFD429451BB0CEFAEF27FBCA0BC15E4AD6067|
|D579444F1BF2F4DDA41F5DE3C127CCA8E8502B0EA6EA60F61CCC0D0773E8601AF2F|
|44B20249BF106A7EFFFE8C247AA7459FDE660BE3A98A183F90B9123DF09|

• 2 weeks later

When I was first building poison I tried to get crazy DEF with it. And I did notice the shots that got through really hurt. And slotting for DEF really hurt my DMG output and my recharge as well. And after reading your guide (super helpful). I learned a little bit. I personally wanted to maintain some DEF cause its still another way to avoid dmg but I also wanted some RES as well this time around. I'm not a one for long recharges so I can't see my self taking Rune of Protection and I can't do fly with my ADD its to slow for me. I was able to build for team and solo play. Having rez and veng is my idea of team play ha. And I didnt have to take mule powers for this set up. I've been hitting DMG cap in groups with just my own buffs. Its awesome. 

So I have two ways I run this build.

First setup:|  For good time god mode I buy 1 temp power, DEF Amplifier for the mez protection and go with Agility/ageless + this gives me perma hasten. I have a farmer so money is easy to get for this temp. (Agility alone gives me perma hasten and Ageless is just for momentum and speed runs) 

Second setup: When I don't run temps I run Cardiac/Clarion. Just a little slower but you don't really have to worry about sustain or holds with this set up. Hasten is at a 8 second down time. Still really good! You do loose the soft cap to melee and range def when you trade out Agility. 

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/download.php?uc=1548&c=731&a=1462&f=HEX&dc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

Edited by Hops

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

22 hours ago, Hops said:

When I was first building poison I tried to get crazy DEF with it. And I did notice the shots that got through really hurt. And slotting for DEF really hurt my DMG output and my recharge as well. And after reading your guide (super helpful). I learned a little bit. I personally wanted to maintain some DEF cause its still another way to avoid dmg but I also wanted some RES as well this time around. I'm not a one for long recharges so I can't see my self taking Rune of Protection and I can't do fly with my ADD its to slow for me. I was able to build for team and solo play. Having rez and veng is my idea of team play ha. And I didnt have to take mule powers for this set up. I've been hitting DMG cap in groups with just my own buffs. Its awesome. 

So I have two ways I run this build.

First setup:|  For good time god mode I buy 1 temp power, DEF Amplifier for the mez protection and go with Agility/ageless + this gives me perma hasten. I have a farmer so money is easy to get for this temp.

Second setup: When I don't run temps I run Cardiac/Clarion. Just a little slower but you don't really have to worry about sustain or holds with this set up. Hasten is at a 8 second down time. Still really good! You do loose the soft cap to melee and range def when you trade out Agility. 

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/download.php?uc=1548&c=731&a=1462&f=HEX&dc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

I only ever run Cardiac.

Screw endurance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, josh1622 said:

I agree with kiramon.  Poison doesn't get that much mileage out of other alphas.  I'd rather have infinite endurance to debuff everything with.

You'd be surprised what you can squeeze out of alphas. Minimaxing is key. I do run Cardiac for the most part as well but its fun to theory craft and see different results 

Edited by Hops

Kill Most ITFs! Defender Tank! dahkness11 - Twitch

• 3 months later
On 4/13/2020 at 6:08 PM, Redlynne said:

You're not supposed to "medicate" the Kool Aid before you drink it ...

How 'bout pudding? Is pudding ok?

faceplant.jpg

Torchbearer Temporary Hero-ing:

Experts in - Soil Analysis, Hamidon & Hive Viscera Clean-up, Mayhem Motel Menacing, Advertising Aficionados, Undertaking, Undertaken, and........

Spoiler

The Spanish Inquisition!!!

On 4/20/2020 at 10:07 AM, tripthicket said:

@ChetManly , your Poison/DP build has me salivating, as I played a Thugs/Poison back in the day just so I could have the two pistols (not to mention the synergy). Would you be so kind as to provide a Mids link, if you have one handy?

hey @tripthicket I put the Mids together! 

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|MxDz;1494;722;1444;HEX;|
|78DA6594D94F135114C6EF2CA574612F50A0EC4B17A0B42C2E4F260A9A28E804125|
|F9B49196092326D9892C0A37F85710D602226464D14F5D1E88B2F1A1F8C7F83C604|
|F4414DF4C1F130DFB1347492F637F7BBF79CF3DD6DE636A6838F2F5C3B23A4DA733|
|9DDB633D3C692612D1A6BDE85AC69585943D013D0F2A69DB77A34A36878A91DFA3F|
|2873767D692989DE48499CD7AD65633139BDAEE7329A6917F3395B04B57C3E979C3|
|5F482692D87DCC6CC46C15833570DABA817CDBCE577C58582612C06DCD7F3397379|
|A5189A2998D9A4666F6657CC6C664EB78BC6DA66984CC4E9E70CD19F7468D151C54|
|75988B42AE40F4C4511A253157E191C780F3D5D2FF8711431A2B85A6D9CB92B5C86|
|EE8122CAE929BFE4C518B59A1900833E70E08BECD699A0FC0AC728CF90A76A8FF91|
|CAC7EC1755E822DB4AA1ECC437814F894A8B6977D7AEF4B6EEEEAA792DBE7DF0583|
|0FC149AAE943BCA32568C3102702A3C8FF97D6A9069A54738AA02A626C1FBEA728B|
|68EFDD6B1DF7AF65BCF7E1BD96F23FBBD42351AB84683438F90C96D132B4D61B855|
|496BE61934FFC1AC5A56E1B8E517EFC66FF004B968C558B9B51D55C23C36AC239F8|
|7F2B561969EB6AF58EDF603660E63232B6017C7F6BF525DCE93E30E9E65C71BD48C|
|BC05BBF86474C91EECE467ACCC49F2D4C9319DD7095155F4DC64DE62DE00876E835|
|5E4B11B319EEE77C8DBCBF97B5F139B887B68F73F42BBFF09B8401EFB78BDFA86B1|
|0643C7181D074F93B741F6363885394653CC09303ECE9C043FD2B4621C13BB833CF|
|12D30B1CDDC61DE053F51CC307B1A1E90DC398EC4983FB04E233FC13E3AAE49DEC3|
|24FB1D3BC671F29DE231A907D0D27CDBD27CFB226AE9861E1E683A5D971225C5495|
|4F4A62A9474853251A14C5628B3E50ADF9CCB6AE90BE3686AE96B202437C27774D7|
|9D7D3FF5F21D9638FADB912649577122472F62F50ECAC7C730FEFB91264B3DD0468|
|F718B2E9E8F6B6E97BDEF94BDFF03ED6EEDAE|

On 4/20/2020 at 5:07 AM, tripthicket said:

@ChetManly , your Poison/DP build has me salivating, as I played a Thugs/Poison back in the day just so I could have the two pistols (not to mention the synergy). Would you be so kind as to provide a Mids link, if you have one handy?

I know this reply is waaay late but I feel you, I did a Thug/Poison back in the day, same thinking. Thats why I made this guy. I'll post up the build at some point here soon, whether its relevant or not. Ice tweaked since then. I think someone recreated it in this thread.

Edit: look up, @Dzuh did it. Thanks Dzuh!

Edited by ChetManly
  • Like 1

Was having a look at this with a mate and thinking about both rolling poison defenders.
Is there a bottom to -res? You've got a GM there with -90%, how low can you go? And would 2 poisons interact as well as I hope?

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png

5 hours ago, Xiddo said:

Was having a look at this with a mate and thinking about both rolling poison defenders.
Is there a bottom to -res? You've got a GM there with -90%, how low can you go? And would 2 poisons interact as well as I hope?

The -res cap is very high. I think it is like -300% or something like that. It is pretty rare to hit it even in teams.

The only thing better than 1 poison is 2! You might even consider some of the ally powers in that case.

8 hours ago, Xiddo said:

Just keep in mind that there can only be one instance each of Achilles Heel, Fury of the Gladiator, or Annihilation on a target, no matter how many teammates have it slotted. 2 Poisons can interact well together, especially being able to top each other off with Alkaloid as mentioned. However a Poison Defender's best friend would be a kinetics Corrupter or Controller, as -res is only as effective as the amount of damage able to be applied, -res and +dmg go hand in hand. Increase Density and Speed Boost are also very helpful stats that aren't native to the Poison set. Then just add 6 blasters.

Edited by DreadShinobi

Currently on fire.