Architect Entertainment - Content Ideas

GM Arcanum

I'd like a way to mark an objective so that it becomes visible on the minimap from the start, like a checkbox or something: "Show this objective on the map."

It could also be another option in the drop-down menu where you pick if the objective will fade in or out or not.

If this option is chosen, the objective would show up on the minimap as the objective spawns, to make it easier for the player to find.

Sometimes this makes sense for the story, and we have seen similar technology in the "main" game so it's not like it's unheard of.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, Fear And Loathing On Striga, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

These are just a few, and more to come...

• 3 months later

I'd like to be able to select colors/skins for character powers. A while ago, I was trying to use a character with a needle theme, which required having spines powers with the metal spikes appearance, but my character was stuck using the lumpy default bone spikes, which didn't work at all. 

Another thing I wanted to do was have a boss transform into a stronger Final Form, but couldn't figure out a way to do that. Trying to create his final form as a new character didn't work right since the new NPC would spawn in a random place (I was using an outdoor map), which made no sense. Making the original run away didn't work out either. If AE NPCs could be made to teleport like some regular NPCs do in missions, that would be slightly less awkward, but I think it'd be neat to have a shapeshift/Final Form option available:

• You could associate a CC emote with it and swap out the character for another. Maybe there's an option for the character to throw out an energy pulse that knocks over players briefly while doing the transformation animation so it doesn't look weird like it might if players were, say, punching a scientist who doesn't react because he's too busy downing the Mr. Hyde transformation formula.
  • Maybe there could be an option to have this new form (in reality a new NPC) inherit the same health/end as its previous incarnation, or be healed or partially healed. 
    • Ex. uses:
      • The designer wants the boss to get more dangerous the more desperate and closer to death (or, uh, "arrest") they are, so at half or quarter health, the boss NPC is swapped out for a version with more-powerful or different (if you want the boss to change weapons or strategy) powers.
      • Maybe this boss was initially holding back, conserving energy.
      • Maybe this is a sub-boss with conflicting loyalties who was hoping the players would back down but clearly that's not going to happen and now the boss has to go full-force.
      • Since a transformation animation would be optional, the designer might use the same appearance for each transformation and since the second form could be set to inherit the health of the first one, it could be a seamless transition with the only clue being an option to have the boss say something, like warning the players about a change in strategy or that they're no longer "holding back". 
      • The boss is a shapeshifter or mage who starts assuming different appearances to taunt the players. These are just for show, so the boss' health is set to retain continuity regardless of transformation.
      • The boss is close to death and emits a pulse that knocks back the players while they do a CC emote during which the original NPC is swapped for a new one that is more monstrous in appearance and has stronger powers. They shout something something dramatic about power and the designer has set the boss to have been healed or partially healed as part of this "evolution". This would be useful for creating a challenging and exciting final boss for an arc.
  • A similar transform option could optionally be tied to the betrayal mechanic too, so maybe a supposed ally drops their disguise when they betray you or their glamor spell/shapeshift is exposed by another character for all to see, forcing a fight.