Architect Entertainment - Content Ideas

Arcanum

A long time ago, NCSoft nerfed Ambush Farms into oblivion, this was by far my favorite way of power leveling my ALTs, but I'm also no fool, I know this was absurdly game breaking for gaining INF. Maybe undo the XP nerfs but keep the INF nerfs in place?

The Shiva Fragment map is closest thing we have to replicating these ambush farms, and they're very; very similar in terms of enemies being so close together. 

Like everyone else I think having the temporary and NPC abilities for AE goons would be a nice addition. I'm trying to make a custom group that the lore is basically a group of nemesis trying to establish a foothold in the Rogue Isles. But having to just use ARs and such for like the Recruits and such is a pain because while yeah it follows the thing of them being under supplied. I'd prefer to be able to use like say the AR's Paragon SWAT uses or SMG's that most groups use. 

• 2 weeks later

Swirling portal Wall collectable objects would be great to have, some of us need our dimensional rift clickables.

Also, Market Crash gives us lvl 50 Sky Raiders, LGTF gave us lvl 50 Clockwork, ASF gave us lvl 50 Gold Brickers... we need those in AE too!

AE ARCS:

Most Dangerous Game (ongoing): 16058, 16059, 16060, 4363, 15230, 22386, 23645 * The God Machine (finished): 26365 * Family Reunion (finished): 18920 * Remnants (finished): 5405, 5408, 5411, 5597 * Ball and Chain (finished): 33690 * The Scroll of the Spirit Dragon (finished): 37070 * Prime Real Estate (finished):  43979 * Lord of War (finished):  49034 * Euthanatos (ongoing): 41945, 54307, 54312, 50727

Also... please please please remove lvl lock from Giant Monsters? The Kraken is such a versatile little abomination and it's a drag to lock a group at lvl 15 to use it.

• Thumbs Up 1

AE ARCS:

Most Dangerous Game (ongoing): 16058, 16059, 16060, 4363, 15230, 22386, 23645 * The God Machine (finished): 26365 * Family Reunion (finished): 18920 * Remnants (finished): 5405, 5408, 5411, 5597 * Ball and Chain (finished): 33690 * The Scroll of the Spirit Dragon (finished): 37070 * Prime Real Estate (finished):  43979 * Lord of War (finished):  49034 * Euthanatos (ongoing): 41945, 54307, 54312, 50727

• 4 weeks later

A few map types I'd like:

Some "generic city" maps, with no indicating posters, for players who want to have missions set outside Paragon City or the Rogue Isles.

Some more maps set in space, for players who want to do space adventures. 

While we're on the subject of space, perhaps some more maps with a distinctly Alien look? (So that you can imagine being on another planet?)

Aside from maps, I mostly just want to be able to recolor the powers used by custom NPCS. 

I haven't kept up with this thread, so this may be already mentioned, but I'd like the chance if it could be done to take the visual template for an existing NPC/foe and then assign custom power sets to them as a "newly created custom character" for missions.  Imagine how fun it would be to run into a cave of Snakes and then see them all pull out Beam Rifles, for instance.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

11 hours ago, Cybersbe said:

A few map types I'd like:

Some "generic city" maps, with no indicating posters, for players who want to have missions set outside Paragon City or the Rogue Isles.

Some more maps set in space, for players who want to do space adventures. 

While we're on the subject of space, perhaps some more maps with a distinctly Alien look? (So that you can imagine being on another planet?)

Aside from maps, I mostly just want to be able to recolor the powers used by custom NPCS. 

There's already a map that takes place in space; the Shiva fragment

9 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I haven't kept up with this thread, so this may be already mentioned, but I'd like the chance if it could be done to take the visual template for an existing NPC/foe and then assign custom power sets to them as a "newly created custom character" for missions.  Imagine how fun it would be to run into a cave of Snakes and then see them all pull out Beam Rifles, for instance.

Noodles from Praetoria, I like your thinking, and I want this, too! XD Just so terrifying! XD There's "Oh yes, I'm going to fight sneks" and then you get in there *pulls out a beam rifle* "Oh shit!" XD

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 8:45 AM, Ender Shadowborne said:

There's already a map that takes place in space; the Shiva fragment

... Oh.

And here we have the story of how a guy (me) reveals he hasn't actually really touched the Mission Architect yet without explicitly saying as such.

To be fair though, I already knew there were SOME maps that took place in space. I recall another thread saying that the Moon Map from the Who Will Die arc is usable in the Architect. I just asked if there could be more. (Is Earth visible from the Shiva Fragment? If yes, I'd like an "uncharted space" map that you can imagine being outside of Earth's orbit.)

Although honestly, I care more about being able to recolor the powers used by custom NPCs. My first time trying out the Architect was very recently, and it was me attempting to make a custom NPC, who was connected to the Lore of one of my PCs, and attempting to give an identical color scheme to their powers only to be disappointed when I learned that you can't recolor their powers,

Edited by Cybersbe

16 hours ago, Cybersbe said:

... Oh.

And here we have the story of how a guy (me) reveals he hasn't actually really touched the Mission Architect yet without explicitly saying as such.

To be fair though, I already knew there were SOME maps that took place in space. I recall another thread saying that the Moon Map from the Who Will Die arc is usable in the Architect. I just asked if there could be more. (Is Earth visible from the Shiva Fragment? If yes, I'd like an "uncharted space" map that you can imagine being outside of Earth's orbit.)

Although honestly, I care more about being able to recolor the powers used by custom NPCs. My first time trying out the Architect was very recently, and it was me attempting to make a custom NPC, who was connected to the Lore of one of my PCs, and attempting to give an identical color scheme to their powers only to be disappointed when I learned that you can't recolor their powers,

Yes, it's visible from the fragment, last I checked, that is...

Here's a suggestion:  

• Add "Soundtrack" objects to maps, or be able to change the soundtrack.  I'm thinking of the Rave maps (Carnival and PDP) where it'd be cool to switch out to, say, the Studio 55 music instead.  Additionally, there's sometimes "epic fight" or "run away now" music in some of the game missions, but we can't cue those in AE. 

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

42 minutes ago, Krimson said:

You know how there's that one mission in Dark Astoria where you are fighting Knives, because of course you are fighting Knives, and the mission is in this maze like place, but the map is really just an office building with different textures and maybe some placeables?

I'd like to see something like changing the texture of the map. So if I want to make an Oranbegan office building or city block, without a single cave, I can. 

Y'know, my dad (Korde) had the same idea, the ability to get REALLY in-depth with maps, to the point of being able to make custom maps! But I guess that would require access to the game's engine (I'd imagine it's an in-house made engine by Cryptic back in Live), and even if that wasn't a problem, it'd probably be too painful to even make a reality

On 8/30/2022 at 10:11 AM, Ender Shadowborne said:

Y'know, my dad (Korde) had the same idea, the ability to get REALLY in-depth with maps, to the point of being able to make custom maps! But I guess that would require access to the game's engine (I'd imagine it's an in-house made engine by Cryptic back in Live), and even if that wasn't a problem, it'd probably be too painful to even make a reality

I wonder if it would be at all possible to implement Supergroup Base Building tools into map making in Mission Architect.

Edited by Cybersbe

Trouble is all mission maps need pathing and beacons and tested spawn points otherwise they won't work. Bases don't have these. For example try getting your Mastermind's minions to properly follow you in a base. It's not good. So while it looks initially viable it instantly falls down. 

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

4 hours ago, Darmian said:

Trouble is all mission maps need pathing and beacons and tested spawn points otherwise they won't work. Bases don't have these. For example try getting your Mastermind's minions to properly follow you in a base. It's not good. So while it looks initially viable it instantly falls down. 

Ahh true, also hey, been a while

• 2 weeks later
2 hours ago, Ender Shadowborne said:

The Nictus kinda already ARE in AE, but the Warshade Archetype should be in AE, that's for sure, and the Peacebringer AT, too!

While they're at it, throw in the Arachnos ATs. Being able to make a completely unique NPC who's still obviously a member of Arachnos could definitely be an asset to storytellers.

Edited by Cybersbe

On 9/10/2022 at 12:57 PM, Ender Shadowborne said:

The Nictus kinda already ARE in AE, but the Warshade Archetype should be in AE, that's for sure, and the Peacebringer AT, too!

I don't mean the Nictus, I mean the specific 5th Column sub-group that appears in the wiki article, please click and read it. It's as they appear in the Hard Mode ITF/Aeon TF, with additional Nictus powers on their regular troops and some extra tech abilities for their robots.

Edited by Maris

36 minutes ago, Maris said:

I don't mean the Nictus, I mean the specific 5th Column sub-group that appears in the wiki article, please click and read it. It's as they appear in the Hard Mode ITF/Aeon TF, with additional Nictus powers on their regular troops and some extra tech abilities for their robots.

*shrugs* I mean... I *DID* read it... but I'd imagine that you'd need to read their given powers, plus, it sounds like they're available at level 50-54, so...