What are your "ignore" habits and why?

Tahliah

KB has its time and its place in the game.

If you act like an absolute asshole about it, though...  Like that Peacebringer I mentioned up-thread (He was very obviously waiting until those of us on the team with location-based patch powers had dropped them right under the mobs gathered up on the team's Brute to blast the whole lot to the four winds, and, as I said, got his man-panties in a royal twist when called on it-) then... Yes. You're likely to get yourself ignored as either an intentional troll or just a hopelessly bad player who's unwilling to figure out WHY using KB the way you are just isn't a Good Thing. o_0

Learn when and how to use your KB as appropriate, and it's unlikely anyone will have any issue with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

8 hours ago, ZeeHero said:

Grow up, one enemy being occasionally knocked back doesn't even register as an annoyance. and FYI, I don't play KB very often. when I do, all my aoes KD instead becuase I have common sense.

And since I do, I know that its pointless to bother putting it in a single target attack 99% of the time.

Hm...interesting take. Though you should consider being less of a PITA on the forums though. Not gonna get a good message across here if you do that. Plus that's how he does his teams, why does that concern you?

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

39 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

If you act like an absolute asshole about it, though...  Like that Peacebringer I mentioned up-thread (He was very obviously waiting until those of us on the team with location-based patch powers had dropped them right under the mobs gathered up on the team's Brute to blast the whole lot to the four winds, and, as I said, got his man-panties in a royal twist when called on it-) then... Yes. You're likely to get yourself ignored as either an intentional troll or just a hopelessly bad player who's unwilling to figure out WHY using KB the way you are just isn't a Good Thing. o_0

Learn when and how to use your KB as appropriate, and it's unlikely anyone will have any issue with it. 

This pretty much. I've seen a few PBs do this before, but honestly, after all is said and done I don't kick em. I think what I'll do is hop on my fire/atomic blaster and kill everything before they get a chance to do this

Edited by Seed22

Aspiring show writer through AE arcs and then eventually a script 😛

AE Arcs: Odd Stories-Arc ID: 57289| An anthology series focusing on some of your crazier stories that you'd save for either a drunken night at Pocket D or a mindwipe from your personal psychic.|The Pariahs: Magus Gray-Arc ID: 58682| Magus Gray enlists your help in getting to the bottom of who was behind the murder of the Winter Court.|

15 hours ago, kelika2 said:

To you it is not a lot because you are the one doing it

For the rest of us, pebble in the shoe scenario.

And I tend to remove the pebble.

It's my experience the anti KB control freaks people cause almost 100% of the drama on this topic. The most effective tactic is one starring those people and then not teaming with team. No explanation, no comments, no drama. Well there was a bit of drama one time when I kicked one without explanation they zoned and I saw the one stat. But it was all on their end again since I didn't reply to or acknowledge them after the kick. 

Edited by MunkiLord
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Dont throw stones in a glass house.  The whole "i do what i want and you deal with it" attitude got old quick

Then don't group with people you don't know. ever. you'll be wasting their time. not like anyone wants to play with someone like you who hates knockback to SUCH an unreasonable and immature degree, that anyone with it at all, even SINGLE TARGET need not apply. please give me your in game handle so I can make sure I do not have the misfortune of ever teaming with you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZeeHero said:

I mean, you can do it lol. but you're making your build less effective than it could and should be for no valid reason at all.

MY PB nukes, only bosses are standing, LTs are near death, and its clean up time for the scrappers and stalkers while I move on. Minions all die in the blast bosses barely get moved, maybe a few LTs need to be run downa  few feet. Anti KBers are very quickly put on ignore and never get into my TF runs again. Its good to be the leader.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZeeHero said:

Then don't group with people you don't know. ever. you'll be wasting their time. not like anyone wants to play with someone like you who hates knockback to SUCH an unreasonable and immature degree, that anyone with it at all, even SINGLE TARGET need not apply. please give me your in game handle so I can make sure I do not have the misfortune of ever teaming with you.

I think you got this backwards.  You are not the victim here.

• Like 1

I only ignore people with insufferable attitudes, and over the last year of HC this has resulted in just a handful of ignores. On the forums, I've ignored two people for consistently arguing in bad faith. It's just not worth it for me to try and have a constructive discussion with anyone who hasn't reasoned themselves into an opinion, but for whatever reason has decided to stick with that opinion no matter what. In-game, the couple of ignores I have are mostly trolls who spam racist or other kinds of completely unfunny inappropriate stuff in team chats or global channels. I wouldn't ignore anyone for being a bad player because the game is easy and that's stuff I can help with, but being a bad teammate and unwilling to take advice will mark you as a person I don't want to play with.

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

7 hours ago, ZeeHero said:

I mean, you can do it lol. but you're making your build less effective than it could and should be for no valid reason at all.

I have one of only two level 50 MA/DA Stalkers in the entire game, for no valid reason other than I could do it. Using loads of KB-KD IOs and still having an effective build is exactly the kind of experiment that I enjoy.

• Like 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

7 hours ago, Myrmidon said:

I have one of only two level 50 MA/DA Stalkers in the entire game, for no valid reason other than I could do it. Using loads of KB-KD IOs and still having an effective build is exactly the kind of experiment that I enjoy.

Why 'a bunch'? The only KB MA/DA has is on Crane Kick, no?

10 minutes ago, Sovera said:

Why 'a bunch'? The only KB MA/DA has is on Crane Kick, no?

That was in reference to using KB-KD IOs in Energy Blast. The Stalker AT was in reference to “no one in their right minds will slot KB-KD IOs in every Energy power”. I have a level 50 MA/DA Stalker, being in my “right mind” is debatable.

• Like 1

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

I ignore often, usually because someone annoys me with their chatter.  Eventually, when half my conversations make no sense at all, I clear my gignore list and start over.

I don't ignore when someone annoys me in some other manner, like knocking everything back or immobilizing everything when I'm trying to herd.  Then I just quit the team and find something more productive to do.

17 hours ago, kelika2 said:

I think you got this backwards.  You are not the victim here.

Because having knockback on a single target attack is SO terrible you victimize anyone you team with. well at least I know who NOT to ever group or interact with in game from this thread. yeesh people are children.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2020 at 4:53 PM, Coyotedancer said:

Yeah but people in this thread are not arguing about using KB correctly they are arguing that KB is bad and anyone with it should be ostrachized.

• Like 1

Just now, ZeeHero said:

Yeah but people in this thread are not arguing about using KB correctly they are arguing that KB is bad and anyone with it should be ostrachized.

And mine was a general statement in reference to the "OMG NOT THIS ARGUMENT AGAIN" sentiment expressed by others. If you're really bothered by that... Ignore lists exist on the forum, too. XD

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I just ran a Posi 1 TF with someone who was so annoying, and felt the need to comment on everything, that even my husband (who isn’t a gamer and incidentally was doing his first ever TF) commented that they were annoying without any prompting. Needless to say we both put them on ignore.

I think it was a lot of “...” in team chat, complaining they’d died, moaning about being forced to use an awaken to rezz (even though there was no no actual rezzer in the team), despite me and my husband running over to them and giving them said awaken. Talk about ungrateful.
But previously complaining that the difficulty was too low and wouldn’t be worth enough xp.

Leaving the first mission as soon as it was completed even though everyone else stayed to mop up.

Not arriving for the 4th mission of the TF until the fight with the elite boss. 
Someone clicked the door on the final map and triggered the ambush which caused us to get surrounded and wipe by CoT rather than killing them at the door. Said person deciding to use that to blame the TF leader for only inviting one support (my /Time controller husband, who was doing a good job).

And then the final straw, we go back into the map with all the ambushes triggered, so I use mesmerise to snipe-sleep some ruin mages heading towards us to make it more doable so we’re not overwhelmed, like the experienced Mind Dom I am. I tell the team this, and said person proceeds, whilst we’re trying to fight the ambushes, to lecture me on how sleeps are useless controls WHILST oblivious to the 3-4 mobs I have slept 70 odd yards away from us. At this point I snapped and told them to use their brain.

Then because the ambushes were so scattered, 1 mob was lost and it took us a while to hunt it down before we could proceed - but guess who quit the TF whilst that was happening?

I have had to reassure my husband that this is the first time I’ve ran in a group on HC and had to deal with someone like this. We both put this person on ignore because I’d be quite happy not to play with them ever again. 

And wasn’t expecting to see them in the forums as well so will have to find how to ignore on the forums too  🤔

Edited by Peacemoon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

On 4/15/2020 at 7:53 AM, ZeeHero said:

Grow up, one enemy being occasionally knocked back doesn't even register as an annoyance. and FYI, I don't play KB very often. when I do, all my aoes KD instead becuase I have common sense.

And since I do, I know that its pointless to bother putting it in a single target attack 99% of the time.

oh please...

• Like 1

oh please...

• Like 1

oh please

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZeeHero said:

Because having knockback on a single target attack is SO terrible you victimize anyone you team with. well at least I know who NOT to ever group or interact with in game from this thread. yeesh people are children.

We are looping over and over at this point.

I reply with: its annoying, and a little annoying over time gets to me

You reply with: ITS MY LIFE DAD I DO WHAT I WANT YOUR THE CHILD

I reply with: yeah thats pretty much it, just because you can does not mean you should.

You again with: CHILD LIKE MIND YEAH I THOUGHT SO

and we can do this for all eternity but I think I should just let you have the last word in this to give yourself the illusion of victory

inb4 you call me young in a variant way tho, just cuz.

• Like 2

Heh, amusingly, I started reading this thread and thought about it, realising the only people I've stuck on ignore were the ones who tell me how to play my characters, especially my EN/EN blaster that is my main and then I saw the argument in here 🙂

Sorry, but it annoys me when I've had people tell me how to play my main, or any of my characters. I've played him since live launch, I know exactly how to play him, how to make him effective in groups and TF's, almost all my attacks are single shot KB except for Nova (which usually ends a battle) and I know where to position myself in a group battle to be effective. 

Saying that, occasionally it happens I knockback an enemy that I can't avoid, it';s either that or die 🙂

The one person I've ignored both went on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on through the missions about it. I explained I knew what I was doing and it was unavoidable. It was fairly early back after the game came back, I was still low level, hadn't gotten enough inf yet for the enhancements to change to KD and I was STILL getting crap from the player about it. The rest of the team were defending me and explaining and he STILL complained about it every time I shot someone, saying I was a bad team player and should PL to get the inf I needed.

Screw that 😄

So, yeah, I thanked the rest of the team for the fun, politely left and went about my business. This guy then sent me tells to call me names, telling me I was pathetic for not accepting advice, was a loser who was rubbish in a team etc, so I smiled politely, thanked him and  *plonk* he's on ignore. He's still there as well.

I was in a recent Posi 2 when someone started telling off another team member for not doing the TF his way (he wasn't the team leader, btw)  complaining that someone started killing the groups of COT in the wrong order in the final part inside the Longbow base. We explained that there was nothing wrong with the order we were doing, the team leader had called it already and he still complained saying were useless for not doing it the "correct, faster" way. He had been bitching at another team member earlier for how they had been playing their character, how they were doing it wrong, how they should do it his way because he had a 50 of a similar build and was starting to upset the other player. I sent tells to the person getting the crap and reassured them they were doing fine and they seemed to appreciate it.

I was going to stick the idiot on ignore but he got a mouthful off the rest of the players and was nearly kicked from the TF before the end so he shut up and stayed silent in the end.

These are the only type of people who annoy me. This game is not the hardest game in the world, it's pretty easy to do and rarely have I been in a team or TF that has gone really badly, so pretty much all builds are viable and useful as far as I'm concerned. No one has the right to be a douche and tell me how to play the game. If you don't like it, leave, especially if it's my team. Complain long enough, you get kicked, simple as.

So, yeah, just one person on my ignore list. For now 😉

• Like 4