What are your "ignore" habits and why?

Tahliah

10 hours ago, Peacemoon said:

I just ran a Posi 1 TF with someone who was so annoying, and felt the need to comment on everything, that even my husband (who isn’t a gamer and incidentally was doing his first ever TF) commented that they were annoying without any prompting. Needless to say we both put them on ignore.

I think it was a lot of “...” in team chat, complaining they’d died, moaning about being forced to use an awaken to rezz (even though there was no no actual rezzer in the team), despite me and my husband running over to them and giving them said awaken. Talk about ungrateful.
But previously complaining that the difficulty was too low and wouldn’t be worth enough xp.

Leaving the first mission as soon as it was completed even though everyone else stayed to mop up.

Not arriving for the 4th mission of the TF until the fight with the elite boss. 
Someone clicked the door on the final map and triggered the ambush which caused us to get surrounded and wipe by CoT rather than killing them at the door. Said person deciding to use that to blame the TF leader for only inviting one support (my /Time controller husband, who was doing a good job).

And then the final straw, we go back into the map with all the ambushes triggered, so I use mesmerise to snipe-sleep some ruin mages heading towards us to make it more doable so we’re not overwhelmed, like the experienced Mind Dom I am. I tell the team this, and said person proceeds, whilst we’re trying to fight the ambushes, to lecture me on how sleeps are useless controls WHILST oblivious to the 3-4 mobs I have slept 70 odd yards away from us. At this point I snapped and told them to use their brain.

Then because the ambushes were so scattered, 1 mob was lost and it took us a while to hunt it down before we could proceed - but guess who quit the TF whilst that was happening?

I have had to reassure my husband that this is the first time I’ve ran in a group on HC and had to deal with someone like this. We both put this person on ignore because I’d be quite happy not to play with them ever again. 

And wasn’t expecting to see them in the forums as well so will have to find how to ignore on the forums too  🤔

I had an "interesting" Posi1 yesterday too and was worried this was me. But we didn't have a nightmare with the ambushes, I said thank you for every Wakie my Blaster sponged off people (there may have been a few..... ). And I'd never give out to a Domi for neutering a spawn and being smart. 

On our Posi1 we had a "healer" who quit without a word after we wiped a couple of times on the Orangabababababa map (CoT ruins). Mysteriously the Scrapper who hadn't said a word all TF also quit at exactly the same point.... 🤔

So they went onto gignore because that's just not on at all. Rest of the team were sound though and as a 6 man we did well enough from then on. Dealt with the Vash ambushes of Doom in the penultimate misssion and in the last mish we creamed the ambushes. Hit a snag when it came to the Shadows. A few wipes there but we got it done in the end and the people were decent and took it well. (also had one of the funniest Leeroy Jenkins moments when our Defender parsed our "Let's pull them into the lobby" tactics talk to mean "Pop 2 purples and run screaming at them". It was magnificent). 

I don't mind a nightmare mission if folks are trying, taking it in good spirits and there's no bitching, they can be hilariously fun. But quitting a TF mid-point without a word? That's a gignore.  

• Like 1

Just now, Carnifax said:

I had an "interesting" Posi1 yesterday too and was worried this was me. But we didn't have a nightmare with the ambushes, I said thank you for every Wakie my Blaster sponged off people (there may have been a few..... ). And I'd never give out to a Domi for neutering a spawn and being smart. 

On our Posi1 we had a "healer" who quit without a word after we wiped a couple of times on the Orangabababababa map (CoT ruins). Mysteriously the Scrapper who hadn't said a word all TF also quit at exactly the same point.... 🤔

So they went onto gignore because that's just not on at all. Rest of the team were sound though and as a 6 man we did well enough from then on. Dealt with the Vash ambushes of Doom in the penultimate misssion and in the last mish we creamed the ambushes. Hit a snag when it came to the Shadows. A few wipes there but we got it done in the end and the people were decent and took it well. (also had one of the funniest Leeroy Jenkins moments when our Defender parsed our "Let's pull them into the lobby" tactics talk to mean "Pop 2 purples and run screaming at them". It was magnificent). 

I don't mind a nightmare mission if folks are trying, taking it in good spirits and there's no bitching, they can be hilariously fun. But quitting a TF mid-point without a word? That's a gignore.  

I think you're right, a lot of it is based on morale and the spirits of the team and having a joke and being good humoured about stuff. Unfortunately in our TF this one person really spoilt the atmosphere. Its a shame that people can't see the negative impact they're having on the mood of the team. I guess it takes a special kind of quality?

In a funny way reading your story about the Positron TF, it strikes me at how much harder the Positron TF is compared to later ones, because of the way it was 'revamped'. An outdoor map with 4-5 ambushes can be pretty rough at any level, but especially at 15! I'm thinking how amazing it would be if Countess Crey had a bunch of Paragon Protector elite bosses surrounding her, and they all had our powers like the Dopplegangers Posi 1. In the late 30s that might actually be a decent challenge..!

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

I havent had to ignore anyone for it yet, but I think there is a fine line between giving advice and berating someone for 'playing wrong'.

In my eyes, I am playing wrong if I die more than twice in the span of a minute.  Otherwise, if the bad guy goes down, all is well. 

Regarding KB, I have not slotted any special IOs to fix it, I just roll with it and push them into good positions.  I mained a storm/energy defender on live for several years, I know how to work KB.  If someone wants to mention that there are IOs to change it, fine.  But expecting me to rush right out and get them or accusing me of being horrible is another matter altogether.  Nobody has yet said anything to me about my KB so I guess I am not playing wrong yet lol.

Any of you KB artists out there, feel free to team with me anytime, even if I am on a melee toon!  I have follow bound to v which is where my thumb kinda hangs out so tab then v and I dont care where you knock them I will punch them 😁

• Like 4

Yeah the only time that kind of complaint is valid is generally when it is significantly disrupting the group- aka big knockback on Nova. one enemy being knocked out of a group? Calm down dude its not the end of the world and certainly not worth making a fuss over.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2020 at 11:34 AM, kelika2 said:

i stopped reading right there.  no one ever does this, every contrarian uses that line and i just dont wanna hear it anymore.  knockback is annoying and i wont spend an entire task force with a griefer

The contrarians are those who have chosen to despise a power that is a part of the game, a power that IS and HAS ALWAYS been used effectively and well.  That said, there is nothing wrong with you not liking KB, with your refusing to "hear" about it, or even with your refusing to team with players who have it as a viable and perfectly useful power they have chosen to keep as it is and not waste a slot on creating their character for your and your ilk's foot-stompy preferences.  What is bizarre (not wrong, just bizarre) is your claim that a player with KB is a "griefer."  I'm not sure that word means what you think it means.

• Like 5

On 4/15/2020 at 7:31 PM, MunkiLord said:

It's my experience the anti KB control freaks people cause almost 100% of the drama on this topic. The most effective tactic is one starring those people and then not teaming with team. No explanation, no comments, no drama. Well there was a bit of drama one time when I kicked one without explanation they zoned and I saw the one stat. But it was all on their end again since I didn't reply to or acknowledge them after the kick. 

I think that's a good solution that doesn't involve "ignoring" a player but that let's us know who is going to whinge and whine about everything from Nemesis Staff to Hurricane.  I've seen players use KB in hugely effective ways, and I've seen players who are still learning how to use the power effectively, and of course, I've seen players who don't yet understand that the power is manageable and can play well on any team.  All are fine in my book.  One-starring the players who cannot adapt to KB powers [as a viable, incredibly useful part of this game]  is a good compromise. 

As a bit of background, I personally don't use much KB, though I do get Nem Staff and make good use of it early on as a squishy KBing baddies back toward the melee toons.  I play a lot of /kins, too, and KB and /kins don't make good partners . . . unless they do.  An aware player with KB can kick a target right to my door, and I can heal the whole team or the squishy second row in a flash.  I've seen some awesome uses of KB, and I can't understand ignoring someone for using a power that is so very very useful.

Edited by Tahliah
clarity

9 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

I don't one star the bad KB users, I one star the people that are super anti KB. Personally I enjoy the chaos of random KB, and I play almost exclusively in melee regardless of AT. 

Yep. Sorry if I wasn't clear about getting that!  I am a HUGE KB fan and don't get people's visceral hatred for it.  There are awesome players who make amazing use of KB, and I would never one-star a player for having it or using it.  The one-star that makes sense is the one for the anti-KB whiners who have no idea at all what they are talking about and are painting with broad brush a power that is immensely useful and effective.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Tahliah said:

The contrarians are those who have chosen to despise a power that is a part of the game, a power that IS and HAS ALWAYS been used effectively and well.  That said, there is nothing wrong with you not liking KB, with your refusing to "hear" about it, or even with your refusing to team with players who have it as a viable and perfectly useful power they have chosen to keep as it is and not waste a slot on creating their character for your and your ilk's foot-stompy preferences.  What is bizarre (not wrong, just bizarre) is your claim that a player with KB is a "griefer."  I'm not sure that word means what you think it means.

Agent Knockback 47 approves this message.

Kelika2: Please, Please, PLEASE put me on your in-game ignore list. Otherwise, I'd have to demonstrate just what griefing with KB actually is. After which, you'd be ecstatic over the occasional single baddy knocked back. Or, you'd have a total mental meltdown. take your pick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Tahliah said:

despise a power that is a part of the game, a power that IS and HAS ALWAYS been used effectively and well.

if this is true why has knockback so widely despised for about 16 years now?

one other private server got rid of them all as a baseline and you can get it back via knockback set recipies

another private server gave the players a toggle to turn them into a knockdown

and here we have an enhancement to get rid of knockback

People hate knockback

all the servers give players the ability to make them go away

an extreme vocal few actually like knockback

and the people who use it well, are people who slot KB to KD and just unleash the beast

the rest.. are just griefers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

one other private server got rid of them all as a baseline and you can get it back via knockback set recipies

People hate knockback

and the people who use it well, are people who slot KB to KD and just unleash the beast

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kelika2 said:

People hate knockback

Grow up, its an ability function, who are you to not only judge a persons intent but also their experience and competency to label them griefers? I mean I can label you a moron based on the evidence of your stupid post as that is far more illumination about you than some guy just using a power which has KB on it.

I personally dislike KB, I slotted my storm with copious amounts of KB = KD IOs but if someone else hasnt done this due to preferences/knowledge/resources I couldnt give a fudge, so it takes an additional 3 seconds to kill a group of mobs, oh no.....

Edited by Jaguaratron
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I personally find ignore features counterproductive, as if you are blocking people on general or help chat, you are having to deal with only getting half the conversation and can get lost very easily. In most games and apps I save ignore/block features for bots and people advertising services that go against ToS of a given game. Otherwise I just tank the insults and idioticy until I log off for the day (or I just ignore them the old fashion way by not reading chat)

1 hour ago, kelika2 said:

People hate knockback

Some people hate KB, no argument there.  And it sounds like you have sussed out some great places to land when HC refuses to remove KB (because it's an awesome power that is awesome).  Buh-bye, hit that private server where KB is banned.  Door, butt, keep going.

That seems to be your cup of weak tea.  But that's not surprising, is it? Given your whole weak tea persona.  In fact, I recommend creating a toon, asap, called Weak Tea. In your bio, you can specify how you cannot adapt to team dynamics, how you cannot work with anyone using KB effectively (and to your own advantage), and how KB makes you want to flop to the floor and flail your pudgy wittle fisties and stubby wittle tootsies until you are blue in your authoritarian wittle face-y.

My global is @Tahliah, and the one thing I never thought would become of a thread about "ignore" lists is my very deep and abiding desire that you quickly and forever ignore me.  I have Nem Staff; I am evil beyond all words and reason.  Dude, I can't believe I've found the one person in the entire game that I would not have on a Rikti/Zombie/Nem league.  But silver linings and all that!  :P

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tahliah said:

Some people hate KB, no argument there.

My global is @Tahliah

Many.  Many people do.

Also never seen you on Excelsior so already, we good.

Reminder that you started a thread with such a volatile topic, do not get angry when you cross paths with someone who thinks and acts differently than you.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Many.  Many people do.

Reminder that you started a thread with such a volatile topic, do not get angry when you cross paths with someone who thinks and acts differently than you.

Says the guy actively scolding people for having fun with a game mechanic because it's hard to master...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kelika2 said:

People hate knockback

402289842-billymadison.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Yes.  This is a thread about ignoring habits.  I ignore people for knockback.

Doesn't make you any less of a hypocrite for claiming that you shouldn't get angry at people for differing opinions when you block/ignore people who like having knockback as a CC option.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Many.  Many people do.

Hmm, good point  I did ask why people ignore other players, and you responded.  Of course it's my fault you hate KB and were forced to show your limitations as a player in this thread..  Here's an idea, play a toon with KB.  Just play it, to lvl 30 or so.  Then come back and tell me how I triggered you with my triggery trigger OP (about ignore lists, not your weird little fetishes).

Actually, I'm not angry, I think you are a substandard thinker and a substandard player.  I think anyone scared of KB is substandard, unimaginative, and useless.  I don't think I've said anything to the contrary. I would be ashamed to be like you:  a lazy, rigid, robot player who blames everyone else for their own glaring weaknesses. But that's just me?

You probably haven't seen me on Excelsior because I am on your ignore list for using Nem Staff in Frostfire at level 15 or something.  That damn KB is the evil that palgues the planet. Grrrr.

2 hours ago, kelika2 said:

People hate knockback

Are you.....are you for real?? Widely?? In 15 years of playing this game with an En/En blaster as my main, I've maybe met 2 or 3 people who complained enough to stand out in my memory, so I think that's a BIG claim!!

And calling me a griefer?? For the love of the gods, put me on your ignore list immediately! Jeez!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tahliah said:

Hmm, good point  I did ask why people ignore other players, and you responded.  Of course it's my fault you hate KB and were forced to show your limitations as a player in this thread..  Here's an idea, play a toon with KB.  Just play it, to lvl 30 or so.  Then come back and tell me how I triggered you with my triggery trigger OP (about ignore lists, not your weird little fetishes).

Actually, I'm not angry, I think you are a substandard thinker and a substandard player.  I think anyone scared of KB is substandard, unimaginative, and useless.  I don't think I've said anything to the contrary. I would be ashamed to be like you:  a lazy, rigid, robot player who blames everyone else for their own glaring weaknesses. But that's just me?

You probably haven't seen me on Excelsior because I am on your ignore list for using Nem Staff in Frostfire at level 15 or something.  That damn KB is the evil that palgues the planet. Grrrr.

As a player of league of legends... When it comes to people who blames other for their own problems... I have one thing go say:

1_I00aQKzFWQnl0OJEDDVQiA@2x.thumb.jpeg.bbc7579b07e7618931feed001ca3b8de.jpeg

2 hours ago, Tahliah said:

another long drawn out post that i barely read

You are asking me to play something that I hate.   But to counter argue, I have gotten plenty of compliments on both khelds and energy blaster for having KB to KD slotted.

It is an amazing feeling however.  just pure, raw unmitigated damage going out.  No procs, no building stacks, no hoping for alternative effects to go off.  just buildup and start blasting and watching the entire battle field end up on their backs without being knockedback.  The absolute feeling of power of using Power Burst, knocking down a boss and instantly just start wading through its health with a follow up of Bone Smasher and/or Energy punch while its on its ass.

Reminder that KnockBack to KnockDown enhancements do not reduce the chance for said effects to happen, its just the distance they go.

Long posts with stuff you dont like reading are not fun, are they?