Toggle Chat channel bind?

I'm trying to recreate a bind to toggle between two chat channels quickly, such as Team and SG. A long time ago there used to be a command /chat_set <name> that could be used to change chat but now it just gives errors. I don't know when it was removed and I can't find any information on anything replacing it. I know there's a /chat_cycle command but that just goes in a loop of all the default channels. Does anyone know of anyway to switch quickly back and forth between 2 or maybe 3 channels?

I've had the same question, and haven't found an answer yet.  The Chat_Set only works on Global Channels, it won't work on Server Channels, like LFG or Help...(Which are the 2 I want to cycle through)

• Thanks 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Might help:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Chat_set_(Slash_Command)

The chat channels for LFG and Help are not listed on that page.  My guess is that those were added by HC meaning the original alias don't list them.  If the name "LFG" or "Help" doesn't set it then most likely this is a bug in HC code that would need to be adjusted.

/hc looks to be the quick way to send a message to help channel.  Maybe hc is the short name for that channel.

There is also a /tabselect command that selects the active tab which could then be set to have just those chat channels active.  I'm not in game atm so can't really test out the various combinations.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, iBot said:

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Chat_set_(Slash_Command)

The chat channels for LFG and Help are not listed on that page.  My guess is that those were added by HC meaning the original alias don't list them.  If the name "LFG" or "Help" doesn't set it then most likely this is a bug in HC code that would need to be adjusted.

LFG and Help are Server specific channels, not global.  Only Global Channels can be set using Chat Set

9 minutes ago, iBot said:

There is also a /tabselect command that selects the active tab which could then be set to have just those chat channels active. 

This works perfect.  Thank you for this.  It moves the focus to the chat tab named after entering "/tabselect"

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting