Jump to content

Top 20 Offense in the Game


Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

 

So after releasing my list of Top 10 emps in the game, many of you began requesting a list of the top 10 offense.

Unfortunately, there's way too many of you guys to recognize only ten players, so I've decided to list the top twenty.

Again, this list is based *solely* on my own perspective/opinion/experience, I've taken into account target calling, locking and evasion.

Please let me know what you think below!

 

1. Silit

2. Vinnie

3. Liberty

4. mjb

5. Dexington

6. Justin

7. Void

8. z

9. HP

10. March

11. Silent Method

12. m3z

13. Fire Wire

14. Chris (on target)

15. Spec

16. Gunrock

17. Mallex

18. dan

19. Dak

20. hells

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mallex said:

Please remove my name & do not use my likeness without my permission again

If you are dissatisfied or confused by your ranking, feel free to message me privately with why & how you would like to be placed.

 

I take all appeals into consideration, however you are not guaranteed that your motion will be granted.

 

thank you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this has been very controversial, but I'll stoke the fires a bit more. Anyone that would even attempt to rank players without seeing PoVs (which are banned) would be an idiot, welp I'll be an idiot. Here is my list of top 10 offense that aren't on RARE or GBoTI (way too biased to include them).

 

1. MJB - One of the most versatile callers out there. Solid on any AT.

2. Gunrock - Strong calling or locking for Incursion, the backbone of that team that has one of the strongest offenses in the game.

3. Silent Method - Possibly the top evader on this list. Reliably on target. Doesn't have to play blaster.

4. M3z - One of the best locks in the game, a top tier click locker. I'll take his blaster or stalker any day.

5. Pixel - Though absent lately, one of the most consistent callers in the game. I wasn't quite sure where to place him on this list tbh.
6. Spec - Reliable caller, quite survivable.
7. Artic - The second half of the dynamic duo back boning Incursion. Another of the top tier click lockers. Can play any AT.
8. Larry Lobster - The best hibes in the game.
9. Void - Reliable lock, can actually AS on a stalker.
10. Dak - Very torn here between a plethora of players, especially quite a few on GGz. I gave Dak the edge because he can play any AT, call, or lock.

Like I said doing this without seeing people's PoVs is pretty much guessing. This is my best guess based on the information I have. Really the difference between them is so minuscule, everyone has gotten so much better since live. I hope homecoming can get a deal with NCSoft soon so we can resume content creation and get those PoVs out there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bandofhorses said:

I know this has been very controversial, but I'll stoke the fires a bit more. Anyone that would even attempt to rank players without seeing PoVs (which are banned) would be an idiot, welp I'll be an idiot. Here is my list of top 10 offense that aren't on RARE or GBoTI (way too biased to include them).

 

1. MJB - One of the most versatile callers out there. Solid on any AT.

2. Gunrock - Strong calling or locking for Incursion, the backbone of that team that has one of the strongest offenses in the game.

3. Silent Method - Possibly the top evader on this list. Reliably on target. Doesn't have to play blaster.

4. M3z - One of the best locks in the game, a top tier click locker. I'll take his blaster or stalker any day.

5. Pixel - Though absent lately, one of the most consistent callers in the game. I wasn't quite sure where to place him on this list tbh.
6. Spec - Reliable caller, quite survivable.
7. Artic - The second half of the dynamic duo back boning Incursion. Another of the top tier click lockers. Can play any AT.
8. Larry Lobster - The best hibes in the game.
9. Void - Reliable lock, can actually AS on a stalker.
10. Dak - Very torn here between a plethora of players, especially quite a few on GGz. I gave Dak the edge because he can play any AT, call, or lock.

Like I said doing this without seeing people's PoVs is pretty much guessing. This is my best guess based on the information I have. Really the difference between them is so minuscule, everyone has gotten so much better since live. I hope homecoming can get a deal with NCSoft soon so we can resume content creation and get those PoVs out there.

I love this & most of these players are also featured on MY list.

 

however, biased or not we really can’t get an accurate list going without including rare/gboti members. I’m sorry.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ZeeHero said:

Amusing that list list exists with no actual tool to measure peoples damage numbers.

Damage.. numbers? lol

 

Clearly stated “my own perspective/opinion/experience” and “target calling, locking and evasion”, no?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but how can you even begin to judge how good people are at doing damage when... theres no way to gauge how much they do in a given period of time in combat outside watching a bajillion orange numbers fly by- numbers which dont even show if too many people hit the same target?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ZeeHero said:

Yeah but how can you even begin to judge how good people are at doing damage when... theres no way to gauge how much they do in a given period of time in combat outside watching a bajillion orange numbers fly by- numbers which dont even show if too many people hit the same target?

Do you even play city of heroes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hot3 said:

Do you even play city of heroes?

Why are you questioning whether I do? I made a factual statement that you cant accurately know how much damage someone is doing without a way of actually getting those numbers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZeeHero said:

Why are you questioning whether I do? I made a factual statement that you cant accurately know how much damage someone is doing without a way of actually getting those numbers.

You can actually know these numbers.

 

Players (before the ban) would post/share their point of views in matches.  From there you can see their % on target across matches, their ability to consistently land the full attack chain timely on target, and their ability to survive various amounts of offensive pressure (being targeted say 5 vs. 10, vs 15-20 times).

 

Without players exact PoV  you monitor the defiance bar on blasters (the backbone of most offenses) to see that they are firing their attacks when the caller counts it down, and how many attacks they are getting off.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Dayum son, no Sed, Pixel or Max in your top 20!

 

Seductive, Maximum and Pixel is all any team would need. Lean!

Im on it. To the kitchen!!

 

Its Ripper Thai beef noodle salad time baybeh, we already have the lean beef. The finely chopped palm sugar and bean sprouts^

 

Are you ready for thee culinary arts sensation? I hope you packed your big boy pants, its gonnna get messsy girl.

 

Noodles.... Who is the noodles. Dex is short noodles. Sorted!

Dash of Chopped Red Chilli...... Thats Silit. Have it!

Vine Tomatoes, Large! mjb where are you!?

 

Six in but we need a bit more green, its emp time you legenadry man/women/other.

 

Handful of Fresh Mint leaves..... Hello my name is Mr. Liberty.

A splash of Lime Juice to finish it off. Thats gotta be.... Funky town himself, Macskull.

 

TEAM.

&

SALAD.

❤️

xoxox

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later
On 4/13/2020 at 2:50 PM, Hot3 said:

1. Silit

2. Vinnie

3. Liberty

4. mjb

5. Dexington

6. Justin

7. Void

8. z

9. HP

10. March

11. Silent Method

12. m3z

13. Fire Wire

14. Chris (on target)

15. Spec

16. Gunrock

17. Mallex

18. dan

19. Dak

20. hells


hello everyone, it’s been awhile since I’ve updated this list, but at the viewers request here i go.

 

it’s always incredibly hard for me to rank you guys, especially since most of you are far better than i am at this role. I should be asking for your opinions, but alas the people want what they want, my expertise. okay, let me stop beating around the bush.

 

1. Mr Liberty, an all around great player. Lib is a jack of all trades, but a professional in offense. His target calling, quick locks & evasion make him a first pick in my book.

2. Dexington, another great player. While we may not currently see eye to eye, unfortunately I could never take away from his talent. Solid first round pick.

3. Justin, one of the best players in the game, despite being a troll, substance abuse issues aside, he’s really a great player. Definitely a first round pick.

4. Silent Method, currently out on hiatus. Still deserves a Top spot, as he’s one of the BEST EVADERS in the GAME. A solid lock, statistical anomaly. While certain things he says may seem questionable (asking for CM) he is truly a great player.

5. Mallex, just returned from reading books & watching documentaries, he has broken RECORDS being the best poison in the game. We love us some mallex, he’s always taken evasion into his own hands, while remaining reliably on target. A great pick on any given day.

6. z, a silent killer. A zone champion. A definite lock, expert evader & social issues advocate. One of the best players still in the game.

7. Siph, a top tier player. I wish i could just clone a whole bunch of siphs. Love that little guy, offense & evasion is always on point.

8. March, an offense god. He’s been consistently good for decades & that’s not changing. Quick & efficient, a great pick.

9. Spec, a glass cannon. We love us some spec, he’s always been solid offensively and has come such a long way defensively. Keep up the great work.

10. barrier, one of the best callers in the GAME. While his patience may run low & he can’t wait to rage half the time, he’s a great offense. Just get him a jaunt bind, a few good emps & quick locks.

11. Larry Lobster

12. Seductive

13. Majestrix

14. macskull

15. Seagate

16. Madvillain 

17. Peanut

18. Maximum

19. Fire Wire

20. Maverick

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later
On 12/13/2020 at 11:15 PM, Hot2 said:


hello everyone, it’s been awhile since I’ve updated this list, but at the viewers request here i go.

 

3========D

Edited by Phoenix'
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...