Confusion master

Figuremeout

Hey all! I was wondering what set you have seen with the highest confusion control in the game? I was wondering because it seems like it would be a useful tool to help out the tanks.

Bonus points for AOE perma confuse or confuse with AOE and short cooldowns.

Electric and Plant are the ones with rapidly recharging AE Confuse.

Plant's Seeds of Confusion will likely be better for your purposes since it activates quickly but causes aggro.

Electric's Synaptic Overload activates more slowly. More importantly, it takes time to propagate across the spawn. However, it doesn't cause aggro so it's technically a stronger power if you've got the time to use it.

Of the others:
Mass Confusion (Mind Control). This has too long a recharge for this power to be useful in most situations.

Possess/Deceive/Confuse/Boggle. Single target Confuses can be useful if you're solo'ing at lower levels, but these powers are normally little more than mules.

Arctic Air/World of Confusion. The magnitude and chance to occur on these powers is too low to create any meaningful control.

You'll find what you're looking for in a Plant Dominator.  Seeds of Confusion has a ridiculously good ratio of down time to duration.  While the base duration outside of Domination is shorter than a controller's, Domination boosts the portion of the power that is only 3 magnitude to longer than a controllers and adds an extra 3 magnitude (to one shot confuse bosses) to half of that.  On top of that many Dominator secondaries offer Power Up which can further boost secondary effects and controls.

However, if  your interest is support rather than just control, a controller's secondary can provide significant means to support the team even in situations where control can fail them.

Are you looking to simply confuse everything, or are you looking to make confused enemies obliterate each other quickly?

Things like defense debuffs and resistance debuffs can make confused mobs implode.

Things like knockdowns, tohitdebuffs, or -rech can lower their ability to kill one another. 

There isn’t really an objective statistic anyone can throw out.

Plant has a confuse you can use all the time on pretty much every mob.

Electric has something similar, although I’m not too familiar with it.

Illusion and Dark have a no-aggro single target confuse you can layer to get bosses or pick out high value targets.

Mind has a single target confuse as above and a long recharge AoE confuse. 

There is also World of Confusion from the Psychic Mastery APP which periodically confuses nearby mobs. 

Also there is an incarnate power in the interface slot which has a chance to confuse on every attack.

So to be a ‘confuse master’ you‘d want to mix up the above to suit your play style. 

Edited by Peacemoon

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

6 hours ago, Peacemoon said:

There is also World of Confusion from the Psychic Mastery APP which periodically confuses nearby mobs.

That power is so woefully misnamed.   It should be Closet of Confusion to more accurately describe the AoE radius.

• Haha 4

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

1 minute ago, Redlynne said:

That power is so woefully misnamed.   It should be Closet of Confusion to more accurately describe the AoE radius.

I see a lot of people running it in game but looking at the numbers I always fail to get impressed. I wonder if they know something I don't, or whether its just SHINY AURA?

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

4 minutes ago, Peacemoon said:

I see a lot of people running it in game but looking at the numbers I always fail to get impressed. I wonder if they know something I don't, or whether its just SHINY AURA?

It's ALMOST good if you slot the Contagious Confusion proc into it ... so that's the best way to use the power (except for all of the other options for Confusion powers).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

8 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

It's ALMOST good if you slot the Contagious Confusion proc into it ... so that's the best way to use the power (except for all of the other options for Confusion powers).

Oh I see.. but that set has 5% ranged defence as the 6 piece set bonus, and I like it in Mass Confusion, so I definitely wouldn't be wasting that on that! Maybe for other primaries, but still seems a waste!

Retired, October 2022.

What you want is a Mind Control Dominator. You can perma-confuse pretty much anything that possibly can be confused, including all AVs and any GMs that don't also have purple triangles (Like Jack-in-Irons). You may even be able to confuse those too, but you'd need to sacrifice too much in your build to do so. You can get Mass Confusion down to a recharge around 60sec, with a duration of about 80 seconds, making it perma, if you want to. I haven't found a situation in which I'd need perma Mass Confusion, as it usually kills the spawn by itself, but if you want it, there you go.

Plant is great, but you can't easily stack the confuse from Seeds of Confusion, since it is a cone that aggros enemies. No self-respecting confusion master would allow an AV or GM to have the opportunity to attack them, now would they?

Edited by The_Cheeseman