Redlynne

Loyalist <-> Resistance ... switching alignments EVERY TIME for Praetorians

6 minutes ago, ILIWAPCT said:

If I change alignment during the tutorial and kill the cops then I get to choose both Loyal and Resistance Missions?

At the end of the Tutorial you either defeat the PPD and get aligned with the Resistance and meet Calvin Scott (who you secretly report to) or you defeat the Resistance prisoner and get aligned with the Loyalists and meet Provost Marchand (who you secretly report to).  Once that choice is made, you can only alter it by rerolling the character ... so choose wisely which "sides" of the story you want to see (and how much backstabbery you want to get up to) by being a double agent playing off both sides against each other.  Remember, this guide is about "threading the needle" between both sides ... not about how to pick one side and stick with it exclusively.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

27 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

At the end of the Tutorial you either defeat the PPD and get aligned with the Resistance and meet Calvin Scott (who you secretly report to) or you defeat the Resistance prisoner and get aligned with the Loyalists and meet Provost Marchand (who you secretly report to).  Once that choice is made, you can only alter it by rerolling the character ... so choose wisely which "sides" of the story you want to see (and how much backstabbery you want to get up to) by being a double agent playing off both sides against each other.  Remember, this guide is about "threading the needle" between both sides ... not about how to pick one side and stick with it exclusively.

Sorry for crashing the thread but there aren't many Praetorian resources.

Originally I was able to get a level 20 regular alt into Nadia's arc but a level 8 alt couldn't get Mr G to talk to him so I made a new alt and here we are...

On 10/2/2019 at 7:20 AM, Mister Mass said:

I prefer to confirm on the "good guy" alignments (Warden & Responsibility) while betraying on the "bad guy" alignments (Crusader & Power)

What's the path you take on this?

Thanks for the Guide!

I just got done running the first one listed - Betray everyone

405 Merits after completing all 4 storylines and choosing a side. 

• Thanks 1

Quick thanks for posting this.  I like yellow side content, but I never really figured out how to navigate the whole alignment thing on live.  This project is going to the top of my ToDo list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In game on Excelsior:

Shred Monkey - Claws / Super Reflexes Stalker

Action Monkey - Dual Pistols / Devices Blaster 

Sewer Monkey - Street Justice / Bio Armor Stalker

Hyperdrive Monkey - Beam Rifle / Devices Blaster

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:45 AM, Scientist said:

Well, my friend and I discovered that if you level to 9.9, you go directly from Jack Hammer to Mr. G and miss several arcs and switches.  Apparently we should have turned off XPs at 7.9, to avoid leveling to 8.  

First thanks to Redlynne for doing this guide and giving me the nudge to start doing this content again as I had been meaning to.

Now as to this comment from Scientist, I was using the guide as a springboard and actually doing a slightly different path, but trying to keep his comment about contacts skipping forward in mind. I stayed resistance to 8 when I got a call from Marchand for the first time, he sent me right on to Mr. G. I thought I had missed out on contacts but it just took me a little bit to realize that you actually can self-introduce to the contacts, so even though I had been given the breadcrumbs to go to Imperial City at 8, I was still able to do Deputy Assistant of Information and Chief Interrogator Washington.

Let me stress that, you can self-introduce to contacts. It's not just that some of them are gated behind alignment doors, you may have to just walk up to them (or the ones in the open) anyway. 

Finally, unfortunately, I have found these missions somewhat clunky/buggy. I had 3 missions on my first day playing my Praetorian alt jamm up. One I used a complete on, another I reset 3x until the boss who wasn't spawning to let me finish the mission showed up, and the third one (Syfotine Industries) is still broke after 5 resets; I will soon have another skip up to use on it. So be prepared to reset, call a GM, or use your mission skip with these. 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

1 hour ago, Erydanus said:

Finally, unfortunately, I have found these missions somewhat clunky/buggy. I had 3 missions on my first day playing my Praetorian alt jamm up. One I used a complete on, another I reset 3x until the boss who wasn't spawning to let me finish the mission showed up, and the third one (Syfotine Industries) is still broke after 5 resets; I will soon have another skip up to use on it. So be prepared to reset, call a GM, or use your mission skip with these. 

Wow ... I never had any problems with those missions, and I'm running 4 alts through Praetoria (two Resistance, two Loyalist).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Wow you were lucky. I was moaning on /help on Excelsior and someone said one of their Praetorian missions bugged so hard she had to reset it 9x before it worked and after describing it I realized it was the Syfotine industries one which I was on. But yeah 3x the map's cleared, all glowies clicked, all boxes of weapons broke and the mission just … stops.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!