Loyalist <-> Resistance ... switching alignments EVERY TIME for Praetorians

Redlynne

11 hours ago, Lorak_Vanadius said:

I know i'm a bit offtopic but, how do you get those sweet badges in the tutorial? Seems like i can't get "Agent of Praetoria"

You need to complete every story arc in Nova Praetoria to earn the badge.  So that means completing every mission from every contact from all 4 factions in Nova.

To crib from Redlynne:

Nova Praetoria (1-10)
Resistance Crusader (RicochetR > SpliceR > Jack HammerR)
Loyalist Power (Deputy Assistant of InformationL > WarrantL > ReeseL)
Resistance Warden (Robert Flores > Tunnel Rat > Doctor Arvin)
Loyalist Responsibility (Chief Interrogator Washington > Cleopatra)

Yu don't have to do them in that order, but you do need to do them all.  Doing them through Ouroboros counts.

It is worth noting that the SCORE & Homecoming devs repurposed (usually purchasable or veteran) badges from Live for new uses on Homecoming.  So Agent of Praetoria, instead of being gained by purchase, is now an accolade earned through playing content.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

2 minutes ago, Mister Mass said:

You need to complete every story arc in Nova Praetoria to earn the badge.  So that means completing every mission from every contact from all 4 factions in Nova.

To crib from Redlynne:

Nova Praetoria (1-10)
Resistance Crusader (RicochetR > SpliceR > Jack HammerR)
Loyalist Power (Deputy Assistant of InformationL > WarrantL > ReeseL)
Resistance Warden (Robert Flores > Tunnel Rat > Doctor Arvin)
Loyalist Responsibility (Chief Interrogator Washington > Cleopatra)

Yu don't have to do them in that order, but you do need to do them all.  Doing them through Ouroboros counts.

It is worth noting that the SCORE & Homecoming devs repurposed (usually purchasable or veteran) badges from Live for new uses on Homecoming.  So Agent of Praetoria, instead of being gained by purchase, is now an accolade earned through playing content.

This makes much more sense, ty for the hint!

• 3 months later

Okay, I have started my 4th run through Praetoria, not counting my main who ran all of the arcs through Ouro.  None of my runs have followed @Redlynne's 2 paths, but this guide continues to be useful for the information it contains.  So thanks @Redlynne!

My first Praetorian was a stalker who chose Resistance in the tutorial & then played good guy through the arcs - always reinforcing alignment in Warden & Responsibility arcs, & always betraying alignment in Crusader & Power arcs.

My second Praetorian was a Defender who chose Loyalist in the tutorial, then played bad guy through the arcs - always reinforcing alignment in Crusader & Power arcs, & always betraying alignment in Warden & Responsibility arcs.

My third Praetorian was a Corruptor who chose Loyalist in the tutorial, reinforcing alignment in all arcs except Crusader, which he gleefully betrayed.

My fourth Praetorian is a Dominator who chose Resistance in the tutorial.  She will reinforce alignment on all arcs except Power, which she will disdainfully betray.

This just goes to show that there are a lot of paths through Praetoria.  Thanks to @Redlynnefor blazing a path!

Keep Goldside Alive! 👍

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

• 2 weeks later
On 9/20/2020 at 3:49 PM, zenblack said:

So just to clarify, since I didn't see it mentioned. Doing Message Man missions are completely optional, correct?

Correct. Message Man functions as the Resistance version of police radio or newspaper missions. With Homecoming allowing you to buff your XP rate you're usually high enough level for the next story arc contact by the time you finish the previous one, making the Praetorian repeatable contacts mostly superfluous.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

• 2 weeks later

Thank you for this! Enjoying it immensely.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

• 3 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later
On 10/13/2019 at 8:44 AM, Redlynne said:

So the way the undercover option works is that when you're doing missions for the OPPOSING faction you are given an option to modify the path through that mission by calling in to either Provost Marchand or Calvin Scott BEFORE entering the mission.

Sorry for a bit of Necro, but before starting following this great guide, I wanted to clarify:

By "opposing faction", does this mean opposite of how you are currently aligned or opposite of what you chose in tutorial? I'm assuming the latter, which also implies that you can only do one side of the "undercover" missions on a character and would have to go through twice to truly see all the options. I have confirmed that ndercover missions cannot be done via Ouro. You are in TF mode and are locked out of all contacts other than the current one (therefore, can't call Scott or Marchand).

39 minutes ago, Perfect Square said:

Sorry for a bit of Necro, but before starting following this great guide, I wanted to clarify:

By "opposing faction", does this mean opposite of how you are currently aligned or opposite of what you chose in tutorial? I'm assuming the latter, which also implies that you can only do one side of the "undercover" missions on a character and would have to go through twice to truly see all the options. I have confirmed that ndercover missions cannot be done via Ouro. You are in TF mode and are locked out of all contacts other than the current one (therefore, can't call Scott or Marchand).

You can't call Scott or Marchand, but you CAN go to them in Person. I've tested this.  Sometimes it says you have more important things to be doing but other times it gives you the undercover speech, and I am at a loss to say why it varies like that.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Thanks for the information. So, if you hit a point where it says you can go undercover, you can physically go to Underground Neutropolis or Nova and talk with them directly to divert the mission to the "undercover" option? How does it determine your "praetorian alignment" in this case? I assume you can access all the areas where these contacts are via flashback, regardless of current alignment.

• Like 1

Just now, Perfect Square said:

Thanks for the information. So, if you hit a point where it says you can go undercover, you can physically go to Underground Neutropolis or Nova and talk with them directly to divert the mission to the "undercover" option? How does it determine your "praetorian alignment" in this case? I assume you can access all the areas where these contacts are via flashback, regardless of current alignment.

How does it determine?  No idea LOL.  And as I said above it doesn't seem to do it all the time.  My main is a level 50 Goldsider who never left so I am rationing out my remaining ouro mishes carefully and the above is what I've experienced.  I hit the same issue of no calling and then, on a whim, decided to visit Marchand in the Loyalist Lounge and he had the undercover chat with me then.  The thing is finishing the ouro arc resets you so that even if you go on to what would have been the next one then it doesn't remember the previous one.  It's worth trying it though.  

And a minor nice thing, if you're Loyalist that is, the large window behind Marchand in the Loyalist Lounge actually works.  If a team mate is flying outside you can see them.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Is there any particular reason to choose Resistance or Loyalist as your last choice on exiting Praetoria, for later purposes?  Underground base access, dialogue in the Mr. G arc, etc.?  Or does it pretty much wipe all that away when you pick Hero or Villain, and reassign it if you do Oro?  

21 hours ago, Scientist said:

Is there any particular reason to choose Resistance or Loyalist as your last choice on exiting Praetoria, for later purposes?  Underground base access, dialogue in the Mr. G arc, etc.?  Or does it pretty much wipe all that away when you pick Hero or Villain, and reassign it if you do Oro?  

So far as I am aware, the only real difference is the side it punts you to. Loyalists send you red-side, Resistance sends you to blue. But that is insignificant now that side switching is so simple. If there are further, lasting consequences, I'm unaware of them.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

27 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

So far as I am aware, the only real difference is the side it punts you to. Loyalists send you red-side, Resistance sends you to blue. But that is insignificant now that side switching is so simple. If there are further, lasting consequences, I'm unaware of them.

Those are "soft" paths.  When you get to the Rift Enclosure you can still choose as a Loyalist to go to Paragon, or as a Resistance member to go to the Rogue Isles.

• 2 weeks later

To be clear, all of the badges from this can be obtained from Ouroboros. I found this out after I messed up my arcs and killed of Dr. Stafferd and couldn't continue. So if you're just after the badges, don't fret.

Agent of Praetoria can be obtained from doing all of the Praetoria stories in the 10-14 range.

Avid Reader can be obtained from Prometheus after doing incarnate content.

Loyalist can be obtained from choosing Loyalist when prompted on a final mission.

Resistance Member can be obtained from choosing Resistance when prompted on a final mission.

Moral High Ground can be obtained from... I dunno. Answering them whatever way 5 times. It can be had, I promise.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later

I followed this guide from the tutorial through Imperial City, using the Loyalist "Accept alignments" path.  I started off in Precinct Five, and chose Loyalist.  I did all four paths in Nova Praetoria, and then did all four paths in Imperial City.  I got a bump of a few levels due to the winter event, and now my Praetorian is level 19.3, and ready to take on Neutropolis after having finished Praetor Sinclair's story arc in Imperial City.  However... Provost Marchand has nothing for me, and Calvin Scott wants me to talk to Crow while my character is currently under the Loyalist alignment.  I seem to be stuck at an impasse.

Edit: I just checked under "Find Contact," and it shows that I have IVy, Aaron Walker, and Bobcat available as contacts, but no Dr. Hetzfeld.  Very strange.  I guess I could just go up and talk to Aaron Walker or IVy, but I would have liked to be able to do the breadcrumb from Calvin Scott and Provost Marchand, and it looks like I somehow am unable to get Dr. Hetzfeld as a contact despite being level 19 and Loyalist alignment.

Edited by Apparition

You literally have to hit 20 and level to get Marchand.*

Though if you're up for it you can ignore him and head to First Ward via Underground Imperial and just keep on keeping on as Gold.

*Edit.  That's for the Rift mission.  You should have had him earlier.  Curious.

Edited by Darmian

10 hours ago, Darmian said:

You literally have to hit 20 and level to get Marchand.*

Though if you're up for it you can ignore him and head to First Ward via Underground Imperial and just keep on keeping on as Gold.

*Edit.  That's for the Rift mission.  You should have had him earlier.  Curious.

Yeah, I know about needing to ding level 20 for the Rift mission.  What happened though is Provost Marchand would not introduce me to neither IVy nor Dr. Hetzfeld, and Calvin Scott would not introduce me to Aaron Walker.  Instead, Provost Marchand said that he had nothing for me, and Calvin Scott would only introduce me to Crow.  However, someone on Discord said that it is a bug and that Aaron Walker, IVy, and Dr. Hetzfeld would talk to me if I went up and talked to them manually.  Sure enough, they did.

So problem solved, but it would have been nice to get the breadcrumb missions.  Alas.

• 4 months later

After some testing on Brainstorm, I've figured out some things that I've not really seen mentioned anywhere else.

Be sure that you have all contacts in Nova Praetoria open by level seven.  You will not be able to start them at level eight.

Be sure that you have all contacts in Imperial City open by level fourteen.  You will not be able to start them at level fifteen.  Just to be on the safe side, I plan to make sure that I have them all open by level thirteen, as technically the contacts in Neutropolis start at level fourteen.

Be sure that you have all contacts in Neutropolis open by level eighteen.  You will not be able to start them at level nineteen.

13 hours ago, Apparition said:

Be sure that you have all contacts in Neutropolis open by level eighteen.  You will not be able to start them at level nineteen.

By all contacts you mean the first contact in the specific chain right? and by 'open' you mean 'introduced'?

On 5/6/2021 at 3:20 PM, Arbegla said:

By all contacts you mean the first contact in the specific chain right? and by 'open' you mean 'introduced'?

Sorry, I forgot to come back to this.  I'm not actually sure, so I plan to make sure every zone appropriate contact is introduced by level 7, 13, or 18 respectively.  I don't want any problems with my third attempt. :P  Yes, I mean introduced.