Loyalist <-> Resistance ... switching alignments EVERY TIME for Praetorians

Redlynne

image.png.660cea5e8b819cdcb440ba616e9df8bc.png

Finished! 1-50 Gold ONLY. Had to repeat NW content fully once, and then got 50 on second flashback, during the Defend the Midnighter Mansion.

Been an interesting ride. Went Betray always for the initial contacts, then completely changed concept of toon (keeping powersets, yay costumes and renames) which kept me from deleting her. Did both good and evil through NW arcs and repetition. Ice/Regen/Weapons Stalker

Now to do the earnest but easily swayed Confirm alt. Thinking something other than Stalker, but still with mez protection... Thoughts/suggestions?

Death is the best debuff.

Congratulations!  As to advice for your follow up Praetorian, all I can offer is my 4 Praetorians:

Dark/Ninjitsu Stalker

Sonic/Sonic Defender

Ice/Cold Corruptor

Plants/Thorny Dominator

All passed through Praetoria with no more than the usual amounts of aggravation & rare moments of sheer terror. 😜 My experience is that Mez Protection makes the ride less annoying, but isn't essential.  The best advice is to play a character that fits your playstyle & that you find fun.  That makes the journey more enjoyable. 🙂

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

• 1 year later

So, if I get this right, I can save Seer 1381 by walking up to the Loyalist Responsibility Contacts, while still Resistance , do all those arcs and Loyalty choice mission, choose Resistance and still finish Seerr 1381's arc, that way she still lives, right?

Were you using Ouro for the go-backs?  I am debating on this.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Doing a new version of my main.  Started in Praetoria.

Went slightly different route than the guide, as I was trying to keep a more heroic run through.

Praetor White

Resistance Crusader (Ricochet > Splice > 
Jack Hammer) -> Choose Loyalist

Loyalist Power (Deputy Assistant of 
Information > Warrant > Reese) -> Choose 
Resistance

Resistance Warden (Robert Flores > Tunnel 
Rat > Doctor Arvin) -> Choose Loyalist

Loyalist Responsibility (Chief Interrogator 
Washington > Cleopatra) -> Choose 
RESISTANCE

**Note: Only after Nova Praetoria, did I learn that I could just go up to contacts and start the arcs if they are Warden or Responsibility, however Doctor Arvin is trying to have a murderer flee their crimes, so this one can go either way**

Resistance Crusader (Hatchet > Beholder > 
Vagabond > Wardog) -> Choose Loyalist

Loyalist Power (Mr. G > Transmuter > Tami 
Baker > Praetor Sinclair) -> Choose 
Resistance

Resistance Warden (Jessica Flores > Luke 
Larson > Doctor Steffard > Seer 1381) -> 
Choose Resistance

Loyalist Responsibility (Interrogator Kang > 
Alec Parson > Investigator Whitworth > 
Chance McKnight) -> Choose RESISTANCE

**Note: Walk up to Interrogator Kang to start Responsibility Arc.   This keeps Seer 1381 alive.**

Resistance Crusader (Crow > Helix > Calvin 
Scott) -> Choose Loyalist

Loyalist Power (Dr. Hetzfeld > Bobcat > 
Neuron) -> Choose RESISTANCE

Resistance Warden (Aaron Walker > 
Penelope Yin > Dark Watcher) -> Choose 
Resistance

Loyalist Responsibility (Ivy > Praetor Tilman 
> Anti-Matter) -> Choose Resistance

**Note: Walk up to Ivy to start Responsibility Arc**

Now, I did Aaron Walker then went to Responsibility Arc then back to Warden Arc.  Also, while I don't recall what arc it was in, saving Noble Savage, I took his friend to him and not an item...not sure if this keep James alive later or not.

However, at the end of it all...Robert and Jessica Flores, Tunnel Rat, Noble Savage and Seer 1381 meeting me before going to Primal.  I believe that was all the contacts to have meet you. 🙂

Remember, do Crusader Arc first, this gives good reason to switch to Loyalist.  Then do Loyalist Power, as this gives good reason to go back to Resistance.  As noted above, Resistance Warden arc with Doctor Arvin may seem better to go back to Loyalist before switching back to Resistance.

Edited by BrandX
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later
On 5/19/2019 at 8:21 AM, Redlynne said:

NOTES

•  
  • Aaron Walker will be removed from the game world by missions given by Calvin Scott, so be sure to do ALL of Aaron Walker's missions before doing ANY missions for Calvin Scott.
  •  

It's quite infuriating how shitty this system is. I followed the guide and just can't get Aaron Walker as a contact. I just entered Neutropolis and this entire run is now fucked for now reason at all. I have Calvin Scot as my contact, which makes no fucking sense either since I never did the two contacts before him in that arc and never wanted to start that arc either. 

Now I just skip an arc I guess? Why is this so shit?

Edit: I physically went to Aaron Walkers location and did find him there. Could also start his arc. So that makes even less sense.

Edited by Raikao

• 2 weeks later
On 8/5/2023 at 5:49 AM, Raikao said:

It's quite infuriating how shitty this system is. I followed the guide and just can't get Aaron Walker as a contact. I just entered Neutropolis and this entire run is now fucked for now reason at all. I have Calvin Scot as my contact, which makes no fucking sense either since I never did the two contacts before him in that arc and never wanted to start that arc either. 

Now I just skip an arc I guess? Why is this so shit?

Edit: I physically went to Aaron Walkers location and did find him there. Could also start his arc. So that makes even less sense.

Aaron Walker is removed during a mission from Dark Watcher (Warden Arc).

If you start Calvin Scott's arc before doing Crow's and Helix's you will miss their arcs.  You get Calvin Scott as a contact the first time you choose Resistance.  The problem is he gives introductions to Resistance contacts but once you are level 15+ you can inadvertently start his story arc and remove Crow from the game if you are not careful.

Please note, there is no requirement to be introduced to contacts by Scott and Marchand.  You can always walk up and introduce yourself to 3 out of 4 contacts per zone (depending on your current alignment).  The Crusader contacts are only available to Resistance and the Power contacts are only available to Loyalists.  Some contacts are killed during the course of the story arcs so if you are trying to complete all arcs you will want to finish those contact's arcs sooner rather than later.

On 6/17/2023 at 5:21 PM, BrandX said:

So, if I get this right, I can save Seer 1381 by walking up to the Loyalist Responsibility Contacts, while still Resistance , do all those arcs and Loyalty choice mission, choose Resistance and still finish Seerr 1381's arc, that way she still lives, right?

I am not sure what you mean by saving Seer 1381.  If you finish Interrogator Kang's arc (Loyalist Responsibility) before finishing Dr. Steffard's arc, you will not be able to complete the Resistance Warden arc in Imperial City.  The safe bet is to complete Steffard's arc (and thus gaining Seer 1381 as a contact) before starting Kang's arc.  The final mission in Kang's arc will remove Dr. Steffard from the game.  At the final mission in Seer 1381's arc you can either side with her (Resistance), or defeat her (Loyalist), but you can't kill her as she appears later on in First Ward (as Katie Douglas).

2 hours ago, Apogee said:

Aaron Walker is removed during a mission from Dark Watcher (Warden Arc).

If you start Calvin Scott's arc before doing Crow's and Helix's you will miss their arcs.  You get Calvin Scott as a contact the first time you choose Resistance.  The problem is he gives introductions to Resistance contacts but once you are level 15+ you can inadvertently start his story arc and remove Crow from the game if you are not careful.

Please note, there is no requirement to be introduced to contacts by Scott and Marchand.  You can always walk up and introduce yourself to 3 out of 4 contacts per zone (depending on your current alignment).  The Crusader contacts are only available to Resistance and the Power contacts are only available to Loyalists.  Some contacts are killed during the course of the story arcs so if you are trying to complete all arcs you will want to finish those contact's arcs sooner rather than later.

Well yes and no? I did a mission for Calvin Scott, then realized he was last? in his sequence and got confused. But physically walking to where Aaron Walker is worked in that case. I still finished my Praetoria run with all missions done and a couple of NPCs in the end being super randomly placed.

I'm not sure leveling slower for some merits is worth doing again. But it was an interesting experience for sure. I have to re-make the char maybe if I can justify using /FF instead of /Nature from a thematic standpoint. If I do I'll probably just powerlevel to 22 this time.

I got a little tired of the "praetorian lab" tileset. For anyone doing this: Grab Stealth @lvl 4, put missions on -1/1 and just blast through. You don't care about xp anyway since you have to disable xp gain mutiple times and get far more xp than you need.

5 hours ago, Apogee said:

I am not sure what you mean by saving Seer 1381.  If you finish Interrogator Kang's arc (Loyalist Responsibility) before finishing Dr. Steffard's arc, you will not be able to complete the Resistance Warden arc in Imperial City.  The safe bet is to complete Steffard's arc (and thus gaining Seer 1381 as a contact) before starting Kang's arc.  The final mission in Kang's arc will remove Dr. Steffard from the game.  At the final mission in Seer 1381's arc you can either side with her (Resistance), or defeat her (Loyalist), but you can't kill her as she appears later on in First Ward (as Katie Douglas).

Maybe she doesn't die, but she doesn't show up when you leave for Primal.  

On 8/15/2023 at 2:39 AM, Raikao said:

I got a little tired of the "praetorian lab" tileset. For anyone doing this: Grab Stealth @lvl 4, put missions on -1/1 and just blast through. You don't care about xp anyway since you have to disable xp gain mutiple times and get far more xp than you need.

You don't really need Stealth.  You can simply run by the mobs, even with just Sprint, and you can bypass them fine.  You may catch a rock/blast/bullet every now and then but nothing to worry about.  Slot a Panacea proc in Health and you won't even notice.  There are some ambushes that will follow you but they see thru Stealth so they are gonna find you no matter what.

• 5 months later
39 minutes ago, Display Name said:

Can someone please explain to me what's wrong and how I can fix this?

passcode not accepted.jpg

iirc, you can go to a Ouro Crystal and choose any of the Neutropolis Crusader missions and teleport to contact.  Then quit and walk over to Belladona.  

56 minutes ago, Display Name said:

Can someone please explain to me what's wrong and how I can fix this?

passcode not accepted.jpg

9 minutes ago, lemming said:

iirc, you can go to a Ouro Crystal and choose any of the Neutropolis Crusader missions and teleport to contact.  Then quit and walk over to Belladona.  

@lemming is correct here. 

You have to be a Resistance member to get in.  Being level 50 Vigilante, there is no way for you to become Resistance and get in other than doing a lower level Resistance Arc though Ouro.  Doing a Neutropolis Crusader arc specifically and "teleporting to contact" saves you the trouble of having to travel there through portals and the tunnels.  Once you're inside, you can quit the Ouro TF - it won't kick you out of the area.  Then your Valentine Tip mish should be available again and you can deliver your Valentine.  🙂❤️ 

• Like 1

The Crusader mishs didn't take me to the correct locations...?  Is it called "Imperial Crusader?"

Edit: I found it!  It *is* "Neutropolis Crusader!"  When I saw "Imperial Crusader" it confused me...

Thank you so much!

Edited by Display Name

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

• 3 weeks later

Regarding Praetor Sinclair's morality mission, when you choose Resistance (at least) there is no waypoint marker for Belladonna's location and tabbing won't catch them either. If like I did the first time, you don't jump down off the roof, you'll likely not spot her on another roof.

Sinclair_morality_Belladonna_loc.thumb.jpg.e4ed683599cc4cfdb6384e5f97bf031b.jpg

• Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 1 month later
2 hours ago, Haijinx said:

Its been years. I just finished this again and now im 19 and a Resistance member, who do I talk to to leave again?

You have to be lvl 20 to get the mission that will let you leave.  As soon as you train to 20, you'll get the mission prompt.

• Thanks 1