Dual Blades / Energy Armor

Slithershot

So I've had this toon going for a good long while... and I can safely say it's my strongest single target hero I have (and the AOE from sweep combos alone is fantastic, though throwing in an occasional thousand cuts is enough to wipe out the rest of the minions at 4/8). It's even better than my TW/rad, though that's because I absolutely hate the way titan weapons feels. 

Edited by Pizzamurai

On 9/17/2020 at 12:31 AM, Severend said:

@SwitchFade Hello!  I'm curious why you took Rebirth for the Destiny Incarnate?  I'm still new to the Incarnate system.  Thanks!

I have several incarnates, rebirth is for the Regen and burst heal in very rare occasions. Rarely ever needed, but nice option. I also have the league TP one and another for fun. For most gameplay, at extreme high levels, it's just for team support, you can help keep brutes and scraps from dirt napping 😁

Edited by SwitchFade

• 2 weeks later
On 4/16/2020 at 2:08 AM, Pizzamurai said:

I've heard dual blades is way better on a stalker than anything else.

Is this an accurate statement and, if so, can someone expand on why?  I am planning a DB character in the near future and would like to pick the best AT for it.

I won’t try to argue that stalker won’t do the most damage.  I think that is true on most sets due to assassins strike, assassins focus, and their ATOs. However, I built out a DB/EA stalker as a result of this thread and I have to be honest, I still like the combo better on scrappers.  A DB/EA scrappers still does very very good damage (AoE and single target). I like the scrapper version of combos better and I prefer blinding fient to build up.  There are just a few sets I like better on scrappers and dual blades is one of them. 

On 10/5/2020 at 11:17 AM, Lockpick said:

Is this an accurate statement and, if so, can someone expand on why?  I am planning a DB character in the near future and would like to pick the best AT for it.

In my personal experience I think assassins strike makes a huge difference in this respect for single target damage, as well as the way stalker ATO's work refreshing build up. Stacking 2 build ups is not uncommon for me, I've even managed super lucky streaks where I had 3 build ups for an attack or two). The problem with getting the optimal DB rotation on a stalker is that you skip most of the combos (I still regularly trigger sweep, which plus power strike is where most of my AOE comes from) which is the unique aspect of the set. If that doesn't matter to you, cool. 

I'm sure scrapper is not awful, but you don't have that extra hard hitting oomph of assassins strike. That being said, I'm sure the AOE on scrapper is slightly better because of the spinning strike, but when I'm carving up whole groups at 4/8 as a stalker in a shorter time than many of my more AOE focused toons (while still murdering bosses at an alarming speed) I think the trade-off is minimal at worst. I'm sure scrapper version is by no means bad, but stalker is definitely better overall in my humble opinion. 

Edited by Pizzamurai

• 1 month later
  • 2 weeks later
On 11/13/2020 at 8:23 AM, MrGerbick said:

Quick Question why these seemingly low level enhancements, is it just for the boost to neg def?

Sweeping strike

6 slot - 3 piece eradication (acc/rech, acc/dam/rech, acc/dam/end/rech) & 3 piece cleaving blow (acc/dam, dam/end, dam/rech)

Frankenslotting for both set bonus and acc/dam/recharge maximum

I decided to give db/ea stalker another go.  I had tested it quite a bit on test, but wasn’t super happy with it at the time. Probably didn’t help that I had been playing my db/ea scrapper a lot at the time. 

It’s been a little over a month since I have tried either. The recent thread asking about db on stalkers made me curious to try it out again. Now that I don’t have either version (stalker or scrapper) fresh in my mind I gave stalkers another try. 

I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I did the first time I tested it. I still like the scrapper version and will not be deleting it or cannibalizing it’s IO sets.  However, I did enjoy the stalker version enough to commit to making one on live. 

With the new changes to SOs and enhancement upgrades coming in i27, my db/ea stalker will be one of 4 toons I plan to level up without any power leveling. So I will definitely get the full feel of it by level 50. Then I can reevaluate which I like better: db/ea stalker or db/ea scrapper. 

On 5/11/2020 at 9:56 PM, Ironscarlet said:

See the source image

Just rolled up a DB/EA after tinkering with and playing. Building a DB/EA is over all a seesaw of Recharge vs Resistance. On one end Dual blades needs the recharge to play effectively combo or not. The more rech you have the easier the attacks play through. On the other hand /EA on a stalker is boarder line op and with enough tinkering you can cap S/L/F/C/E/N at 75% while maintaining 55% def cap.  This is where it gets rough. To get res cap you sacrifice the recharge. What ends up happening is how much recharge do you need to play your attack chain and I think that just come with playtime. Still working it out ill post one (any epic) of the 75% res cap if anyone want to build off of. When I figure out the middle ground ill let you know. Still just feeling Dual blades out fun smooth animation quick attacks. Its a exciting combo and  visually good looking combo.

Reveal hidden contents

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Stalker
Primary Power Set: Dual Blades
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Power Slice -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(9), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(15)
Level 1: Hide -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def(3), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(7), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 2: Kinetic Shield -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(3), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), ShlWal-Def(11)
Level 4: Power Shield -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def(5), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(5), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 6: Assassin's Blades -- SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(7), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(13), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Arcane Bolt -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 12: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 14: Boxing -- PndSlg-Stun%(A)
Level 16: Entropy Shield -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Ablating Strike -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Hct-Dam%(21), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(23), Hct-Dmg(27), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(33)
Level 20: Kinetic Dampening -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-EndRdx(21), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(23), GldArm-3defTpProc(33), TtnCtn-ResDam(34)
Level 22: Disrupt -- RzzDzz-Immob%(A)
Level 24: Rune of Protection -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(25), TtnCtn-ResDam(25), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(31)
Level 26: Sweeping Strike -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), FuroftheG-Acc/Dmg(27), FuroftheG-Dam/Rech(33), Obl-%Dam(36), Erd-%Dam(37), ScrDrv-Dam%(37)
Level 28: Energy Drain -- Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Rct-ResDam%(29), Rct-Def/EndRdx(29), Rct-Def(31), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Rct-Def/Rchg(50)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(34), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 32: One Thousand Cuts -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Arm-Dam%(34), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Dmg(40)
Level 35: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg(42)
Level 38: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def(39), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 41: Moonbeam -- DmpSpr-Rchg/EndRdx(A), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(42), DmpSpr-Rchg(43), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb(43), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(45), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg(46)
Level 44: Shadow Meld -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), ShlWal-Def(46), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Soul Storm -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), UnbCns-Dam%(48), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(48), UnbCns-Hold(48), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(50)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Marshal 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
------------

Good lord that’s a helluva sturdy build for a Stalker.

12 hours ago, Crysis said:

Good lord that’s a helluva sturdy build for a Stalker.

Funny story

Haven’t played in 6 months came back a week ago for new blasters changes saw this post and was like man let me dust off that Ferrari of a stalker I got hidden away named Downtown Ronin and go sweep some streets.

The animation and rotation of the DB stalker is clunky but the damage is there and it makes it a fun ST unkillable beast  but aoe damage which is like 80% of the game it's really lacking. Before I left trying to get DB to work . Settled on a Fire/DB Tank with double fire swords sweeping strike perma (max rech) its target cap increase was the peak of my duel blades experience.  With Energy armor I always herd it could be cap and it can be so  capped at almost every AT that stalkers gets  a huge advantage. Also just the look of disrupt fits some concepts.

Edited by Ironscarlet

On 11/13/2020 at 6:23 AM, MrGerbick said:

Quick Question why these seemingly low level enhancements, is it just for the boost to neg def?

Sweeping strike

6 slot - 3 piece eradication (acc/rech, acc/dam/rech, acc/dam/end/rech) & 3 piece cleaving blow (acc/dam, dam/end, dam/rech)

Deleted.

Edited by SwitchFade

On 11/29/2020 at 2:42 AM, Ironscarlet said:

Funny story

Haven’t played in 6 months came back a week ago for new blasters changes saw this post and was like man let me dust off that Ferrari of a stalker I got hidden away named Downtown Ronin and go sweep some streets.

The animation and rotation of the DB stalker is clunky but the damage is there and it makes it a fun ST unkillable beast  but aoe damage which is like 80% of the game it's really lacking. Before I left trying to get DB to work . Settled on a Fire/DB Tank with double fire swords sweeping strike perma (max rech) its target cap increase was the peak of my duel blades experience.  With Energy armor I always herd it could be cap and it can be so  capped at almost every AT that stalkers gets  a huge advantage. Also just the look of disrupt fits some concepts.

Removed.

Edited by SwitchFade
  • Like 2

I hopped on the bandwagon a little while ago due to this thread. 34 now and all kinds of fun. Softcapped to all the relevant defenses (OK, neg engy is less than 1% shy), and that's just with secondary toggles plus Combat Jumping. Does a very respectable job of blendering things, and that's with my old man fingers botching the chains.

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

So, I had been wanting to find some sort of DB character that felt effective, and I wanted to play a Stalker... saw this thread and decided to give @SwitchFade's build a shot.

Level 29 now, basically just bought the Prestige Enhancements and DO enhancements and used the new upgrade system until level 10, then started focusing on my 3 attacks, getting the full 6 slots for the ATOs and the 5 slots for the Universal Damage set. I put the Shield Wall +Res into Hide at 10, started focusing on Kinetic Shield at 17 to get the full Reactive Set in there, Put the Panacea Proc in Health at 10 as well, and added a slot for the Miracle at 17, Kinetic Dampening got a second slot at 19 so I could have both +Def uniques. I put the Force Feedback chance for Recharge Proc into Kick so that I could help plug my attack chain and get the recharge boost. And at level 22 I slotted the LotG +75% recharge IOs into Power Shield and CJ, then added a slot at 23 for Hide, as well as 2 slotting Stamina with the Perf Shifter EndMod and +Stam. Also tossed level 25 IOs of EndRed into Entropy SHield and RcXRed into Build Up and Hasten. Now at 29 I have another LotG +RcX in Energy Drain, and 5/6 slotted in Sweeping Strike.

I also went and bought 8 Hours of the P2W temp buffs around level 19, and those have let me just keep soloing at +2/x2, including the Winter Event Missions and Story content.

From 14-28 I was eating the occasional blue inspiration, and during some fights I would eat a purple or a red, depending on what I had, but so far, bosses, Elite Bosses like in the Darrin Wade arc, doesn't matter, she just "Stalkerlocks" everything. It really is crazy how effective this build is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CosmicDreamShade said:

So, I had been wanting to find some sort of DB character that felt effective, and I wanted to play a Stalker... saw this thread and decided to give @SwitchFade's build a shot.

Level 29 now, basically just bought the Prestige Enhancements and DO enhancements and used the new upgrade system until level 10, then started focusing on my 3 attacks, getting the full 6 slots for the ATOs and the 5 slots for the Universal Damage set. I put the Shield Wall +Res into Hide at 10, started focusing on Kinetic Shield at 17 to get the full Reactive Set in there, Put the Panacea Proc in Health at 10 as well, and added a slot for the Miracle at 17, Kinetic Dampening got a second slot at 19 so I could have both +Def uniques. I put the Force Feedback chance for Recharge Proc into Kick so that I could help plug my attack chain and get the recharge boost. And at level 22 I slotted the LotG +75% recharge IOs into Power Shield and CJ, then added a slot at 23 for Hide, as well as 2 slotting Stamina with the Perf Shifter EndMod and +Stam. Also tossed level 25 IOs of EndRed into Entropy SHield and RcXRed into Build Up and Hasten. Now at 29 I have another LotG +RcX in Energy Drain, and 5/6 slotted in Sweeping Strike.

I also went and bought 8 Hours of the P2W temp buffs around level 19, and those have let me just keep soloing at +2/x2, including the Winter Event Missions and Story content.

From 14-28 I was eating the occasional blue inspiration, and during some fights I would eat a purple or a red, depending on what I had, but so far, bosses, Elite Bosses like in the Darrin Wade arc, doesn't matter, she just "Stalkerlocks" everything. It really is crazy how effective this build is.

Just wait till you get to the later levels. You'll be shredding things like they're texas BBQ. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later
17 minutes ago, Crysis said:

For anyone searching for this set and wondering why all the comment deletions….can’t say.  But the internet is forever:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210205142644/https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/18033-dual-blades-energy-armor/

@SwitchFade went through and deleted every build and guide he or she ever posted several months ago, as well as every post with any build advice.  It makes some threads like this one difficult to read, but c'est la vie.

18 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

I wonder why? Lol

Judging by some of the comments originally posted (and available still via Wayback) @Switchfade simply doesn’t like to share build ideas.  Some players feel a sense of ownership of a build even though hundreds of other players have likely assembled similar if not identical ones.  

/em shrug

• Thumbs Up 1

I like some of the builds I have posted, and even now I feel like adding in that the build is a WIP. 

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

6 hours ago, Crysis said:

Judging by some of the comments originally posted (and available still via Wayback) @Switchfade simply doesn’t like to share build ideas.  Some players feel a sense of ownership of a build even though hundreds of other players have likely assembled similar if not identical ones.  

/em shrug

Edit: on second thought, nevermind, not worth mentioning why. Let's just leave it at, it was clear I was unwelcome.

Edited by SwitchFade
  • Confused 1