Dual Blades / Energy Armor

Slithershot

7 hours ago, Crysis said:

... simply doesn’t like to share build ideas.  Some players feel a sense of ownership of a build even though hundreds of other players have likely assembled similar if not identical ones.  

I personally don't really like sharing builds myself, as I'd much rather have someone looking for build advice at least try to make something in mids first and then I'm much more willing to work with them especially over DM's about how to maximize build performance based on the goals the person looking for information has.

I've released several builds for public release so to speak but for me it goes back to the notion that if you give a man a fish they eat for a day, if you teach them to fish they eat for a lifetime. Personally I'm the same way with people farming, where I'd much rather help someone level up a farming toon on an alt account then another of their alts on their main account.

So I can understand why some others are hesitant to share builds.

2 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

Edit: on second thought, nevermind, not worth mentioning why. Let's just leave it at, it was clear I was unwelcome.

Hmmm, well obviously some drama I don’t know about nor care to know about.

Just know that for me at least, I enjoyed your contributions and your build advice has given me dozens of hours of happiness in a game.  So thanks for that, sorry you felt unappreciated.

• Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

I personally don't really like sharing builds myself, as I'd much rather have someone looking for build advice at least try to make something in mids first and then I'm much more willing to work with them especially over DM's about how to maximize build performance based on the goals the person looking for information has.

I've released several builds for public release so to speak but for me it goes back to the notion that if you give a man a fish they eat for a day, if you teach them to fish they eat for a lifetime. Personally I'm the same way with people farming, where I'd much rather help someone level up a farming toon on an alt account then another of their alts on their main account.

So I can understand why some others are hesitant to share builds.

Yeah I get this, if all you do is post a build and then never hear from them again.  But there’s an abundance of threads on here where someone posts a build and asks for advice, or already has a build (but doesn’t know about MIDS) in-game and is seeking help on how to better their play experience.  I don’t personally see how offering a build is just giving someone advice.  They still need to understand attack chains (which can differ by build/recharge), how to obtain their own preferred powers by swapping out Hover/Fly for CJ/Super Speed as an example, how precious a single available slot might be and why you can two-slot Hasten, how Incarnate powers totally can change your build approach, leveling vs. end-of-game builds, etc etc.  Just posting a build doesn’t address all that and all “that” is really the learning how to fish part of the game.  

Heck, I’ll go one level further.  I’ve posted many builds that can cost upwards of a half billion or higher, which is still ridiculously cheap by Live standards.  Equally, I’ve posted builds that -only- achieve certain build goals via P2W Amplifiers, which in HC at least is a perfectly viable approach and allows you to proc stuff out and outright sacrifice some set bonuses you’d otherwise be chasing.  Just knowing how to obtain all the needed enhancements, and how to get ‘creative’ with a different approach to obtain similar results….posted builds have taught me to fish in a variety of ways.  So I assume the best intent for other players and just post when asked and hope they engage in further dialogue that benefits others.  Look at this thread (before the delete bombing)….it was a constructive dialogue about a rather “unimpressive” build combo that most wouldn’t have considered a top performer otherwise. 

IMHO teaching a person to fish easily accomplished by posting builds.  Maybe not the person you were speaking with, but often because someone does a google search who already has a build or is considering rolling an alt but doesn’t quite know what the final outcome can look like.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SwitchFade said:

Edit: on second thought, nevermind, not worth mentioning why. Let's just leave it at, it was clear I was unwelcome.

I’m sorry if anyone made you feel that way Switch. I for one really appreciate the knowledge shares on the forums and I know yours must have been great to start this thread!