ASTARTES: Part 5

Sable Phoenix

So, I'm not a big fan of the Warhammer 40,000 universe.  It's all too ludicrously huge and grimdark for me, but even I have to admit there's a ton of great art and design in it.

What I am a big fan of is computer animation.  I went to college to get a Bachelor's in it.

So, when I came across a fan animation set in 40K, something that looks better than a lot of stuff coming out of entire studios, but with everything about it produced by a single person, my mind was well and truly blown.  Over the last couple of years it's been released in four different parts, starting at less than a minute and progressively lengthening to just under two minutes.

Well, a few weeks ago the fifth and final part of Astartes went up on YouTube.  At 7 minutes it's longer than all the rest of the previous parts combined.

If you haven't seen Astartes yet, start at the beginning with the playlist link below.  If you have seen any of the first four parts of Astartes, do yourself a favor and re-watch it from the beginning.  And remind yourself that it's all done by just one guy.  It makes the detail and quality almost unbelievable.

• Thanks 1