Pirate Badge issue (ParagonWiki says trap 10/ In game progress says trap 100)

Disruptor

ParagonWiki says all you need in 10, I've had players in game confirm it is 10 too, in game I've trapped 24 and yet to get the badge.

EDIT: Ok so it appears ParagonWiki is wrong and there have been some changes.

https://imgur.com/a/Ls9FFEc

EDIT: I decided to kill 100 Spectral Pirates since that defeat badge was easier to obtain than trapping 100, I ending up getting the Pirate Badge and Night Haunt badge. As you can see I still have the Trap 100 Spectral Pirates progress bar.

Im guessing somewhere along the line perhaps on SCORE they changed how to obtain this change from trapping to just defeating and renamed the trapping badge.

There are two badges for trapping pirates.

Pirate for trapping 10.

Spectral for trapping 100.

They changed Pirate from trapping 10 to killing 100.  If they changed Spectral, I do not know about it.

• 2 weeks later

I'm gona jump in here and ask rather than make a new topic but I think Pirate badge for the Born in Battle accolade is bugged. I've defo killed 100 and gotten the badge and I'm missing credit for the accolade. I've checked and double checked my badges and I defo have the required badges except 1 yet I'm apparently missing 2.

In Issue 25 Pirate was changed to just defeat 100 spectral ghosts, its a defeat badge.

It's possible that with that change the Accolade's requirements were also adjusted but because the wiki isn't up to date (still on Issue 24) we don't have the info on how to achieve it.

In Issue 25 Pirate was changed to just defeat 100 spectral ghosts, its a defeat badge.

It's possible that with that change the Accolade's requirements were also adjusted but because the wiki isn't up to date (still on Issue 24) we don't have the info on how to achieve it.

Ingame it still states Pirate badge is required so if the requirements have been changed this needs updating ingame as well as wiki

Ingame it still states Pirate badge is required so if the requirements have been changed this needs updating ingame as well as wiki

It will likely never be updated on the Wiki as the admins there want to preserve it for Official information only. Now that there are multiple teams and more than one server on-line all running slightly different versions of CoH... it would be a nightmare to keep the Wiki logical for each version of the game (not to mention the private versions floating around without a huge base).

Original Server(s): Infinity & Justice

• 1 month later

According to Leonardo's list of current badges, Born in Battle can only be earned by Villains and Rogues (heroes and Vigilantes can earn credit) "Collect the following badges: Exterminator, Pirate, Primal Instinct, Hammer Down, Swashbuckler, Triumphant and Iron Man/woman."

My question would be for the ones that know they've gotten all the badges, are you a Vigilante? and not full out Villain or Rogue?

Go to the fort in Port oaks and street sweep it for the first ten kills, then start pulling ghosts to the traps in the fort.

Defeat them near the trap and the get pulled in to it. When the trap overloads and spits out ghosts use a massive aoe attack to send them right back in

I got Born in Battle no problem the other day.  This was the first time I've pursued this over PJ.  Once it turned night, there were tons of Pirates and I got the badge required for the acco in no time.  Well, it was some time, like 10ish minutes.

• 10 months later

I had trapped 42, defeated 53, and hadn't gotten it, after reading this I just defeated up to 100.  That got me the Pirate badge, and finished the BiB accolade for me.  Confirmed it is now just a defeat, you do not need to trap them, which makes it a lot easier if you are a character without a taunt because it was fairly hard to lead them over there to the glowing "portal" things on the ground without killing them once you were leveled past it.  

If you are trying to collect the badge for trapping them, and don't have a taunt, one trick is to take an Oro mission to drop down to a lower level so you don't insta-kill them, or immediately flee because you are too high level.  Warning, when you have trapped 10 or so, a bunch spawn around you, and they are a mix of lts and bosses and are +2 or so to the ones you have been trapping, so you can actually die using this technique. . . 

• 4 weeks later
On 6/5/2019 at 8:55 AM, TameDragon said:

As stated earlier, Paragon Wiki is aiming to preserve content as it was before shut down. Additionally, we have to realize there are other private servers that haven't made nearly as many changes. 

You're more than welcome to adjust THIS wiki: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Main_Page