The Next Great MM

EyeLuvBooks

I have to confess, I'm an unrepentant Altaholic and I LOVE MMs. However, I haven't had much chance to play with the 'new' Secondaries that were ported over like Emp, Storm and such. I enjoy soloing on my MMs as much as team play but I haven't done my homework on my next few builds and I was hoping for some feedback on what worked, what was meh and what didn't work for my next few projects:

1) Beast/Emp: I haven't found a theme for this yet but I'm thinking Druid. I know that Nature and Pain are great sets but I've only run Emp on a Defender. Is this boring? Ineffective? Fort-heavy?

2) Necro/Sonic: A Siren theme with Mako's Epic for lulz. I'm thinking the melee-centric pets plus Disruption Field should be a good match, yes? No Heals for the pets but Heal Other always an option.

3) Necro/Storm: A relatively melee-centric set with Hurricane etc keeping the enemies busy. I hear people raving about /Storm for MMs but I don't know if Necro is a good pairing for this.

4) Anything/Poison: I have a Merc/Poison right now but he seems to be languishing in the 30s somewhere. The debuffs are good but solo seems to be very rough. Team-only build maybe?

5) Anything/Kinetics: I haven't got a lot of experience with /Kin anything so I'm wondering what would mesh well with this. Maybe Thugs for the accelerated Gang War madness?

Thanks for the help in advance.

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

18 hours ago, Redlynne said:

WOW! I've seen players chatting about their Beast MMs and how happy they were (paired with Nature) that they didn't have to heal much. Perhaps this was the reason.

Well I'm off to the CC! Thanks for all the help.

Btw Redlynne, it's good to see you again. As I recall we had some very spirited chats back on Live. It's nice to see someone I recognize!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EyeLuvBooks said:

WOW! I've seen players chatting about their Beast MMs and how happy they were (paired with Nature) that they didn't have to heal much. Perhaps this was the reason.

Well I'm off to the CC! Thanks for all the help.

Btw Redlynne, it's good to see you again. As I recall we had some very spirited chats back on Live. It's nice to see someone I recognize!

if you can live with purely single target damage it's great. you will need to lock down your mobs as melee pets have a helluva time hitting anything that runs. 

their built in mechanic that stacks that gives them 20% more damage doesn't really function very well until 6, but they aren't self capped that way. if you use fortify pack you lose all that extra damage and the ability for them to crit entirely for 60s. 

Truthfully I would build to softcap WITHOUT relying on fortify pack. and I seriously doubt it will have the same damage thugs/kin would. besides the stacked assault/tactics/maneuvers, the bruiser having fury and getting seriously buffed by fulcrum shift and most of the sets damage being in the tier 2 and tier 3 vs. the tier 1 for beasts, gang war being a way to park 4 or even all 6 MM unique io's means you can slot your best damage dealers for more procs. trying to slot all 6 for any set except demons and thugs means you are giving up something somewhere to make that happen. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 9:14 PM, Dixa said:

if you can live with purely single target damage it's great. you will need to lock down your mobs as melee pets have a helluva time hitting anything that runs. 

their built in mechanic that stacks that gives them 20% more damage doesn't really function very well until 6, but they aren't self capped that way. if you use fortify pack you lose all that extra damage and the ability for them to crit entirely for 60s. 

Truthfully I would build to softcap WITHOUT relying on fortify pack. and I seriously doubt it will have the same damage thugs/kin would. besides the stacked assault/tactics/maneuvers, the bruiser having fury and getting seriously buffed by fulcrum shift and most of the sets damage being in the tier 2 and tier 3 vs. the tier 1 for beasts, gang war being a way to park 4 or even all 6 MM unique io's means you can slot your best damage dealers for more procs. trying to slot all 6 for any set except demons and thugs means you are giving up something somewhere to make that happen. 

And this is why I love the Forums. Thanks!