Homecoming Wiki

I've been thinking for a while it would be desirable to fork the Paragon Wiki into one specifically for Homecoming. Especially, it would be a good idea to do it before some (well-intentioned) person lumps us with Wikia again.

I could easily arrange hosting, but I am basically skint and would have to solicit donations for the hosting costs (I expect they'd be very modest, but even so, I've more time than money.) However, I don't know if the HC team would be keen on something like this being ran by a random user outside of their control.

I would hope the Titan Forums people would think this a good idea, to reduce the number of HC-specific edits being wrongly made to Paragon Wiki, and so would be happy to provide a dump of the underlying database. If not, it would still be straightforward to copy the whole thing (but it would lose the edit history). User pages and the like would have to be removed, perhaps reviewing them for the occasional guide that just happens to be in user space.

Ideally updates to Paragon Wiki would be considered (there aren't a lot, 1-2 a day, typically) and copied across when desirable. I would hope this could be done with a tool like git cherry-pick rather than by hand.

Thoughts?

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

11 hours ago, Apparition said:

It's been attempted three times before, including once by myself.  None ever got off the ground.  Mine didn't because it was strongly alluded to a few weeks after starting that Homecoming was working on their own Wiki. 

I think a year later we might conclude that's less likely than it seemed.

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

• City Council
12 hours ago, Apparition said:

It's been attempted three times before, including once by myself.  None ever got off the ground.  Mine didn't because it was strongly alluded to a few weeks after starting that Homecoming was working on their own Wiki. 

Little less of a strong allusion and more of both Jimmy and I explicitly saying it, but yes. It's still in the can o' plans, but it's relatively low-priority. 

• Like 1
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

On 4/23/2020 at 8:16 AM, GM Widower said:

Little less of a strong allusion and more of both Jimmy and I explicitly saying it, but yes. It's still in the can o' plans, but it's relatively low-priority. 

Well, now I really don't know what - if anything - I should do.

• 2 weeks later

Mimiru has done it: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev