COH/COV art in other media?

Techwright

Besides the drawing & painting arts, physical or digital, what other media for COH/V characters has been utilized, or is currently utilized?  For example, has anyone tried interpreting their characters through embroidery, like say on the back of a jacket or a backpack?   I seem to recall sculpture and plushies at some point in the game's history, though memory of that is dim and I may have that confused with some other games in my past.   

There were plushie dolls, yes!  I still have USB drives with a character's logo printed on them.  There was a run of pins for HeroCon that I have some of, at least 4 or 5 people have made, designed, or shown off embroidery patches of like the class symbols and such?  I want to say there was some themed knitting and hami-o jewelry made for the Real World Hero auction stuff?

It's not visual media, but my partner's and my main characters from Live got recycled into protagonists of a novel and then a sequel that my partner wrote and had published, titled The Interminables and Immortal Architects.

• Like 1

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

• 4 weeks later
On 4/24/2020 at 9:17 AM, Kallisti said:

I modified an action figure to represent my main character - it was originally a figure of Emma Frost but I added the cape, bunny ears, belt and repainted

DSC_3467.JPG

This is Kallisti Gold in game

kg-armour.jpg

That's a really fantastic job!  👍

On 4/24/2020 at 4:29 PM, _Kai_ said:

There were plushie dolls, yes!  I still have USB drives with a character's logo printed on them.  There was a run of pins for HeroCon that I have some of, at least 4 or 5 people have made, designed, or shown off embroidery patches of like the class symbols and such?  I want to say there was some themed knitting and hami-o jewelry made for the Real World Hero auction stuff?

The plushies...were they the Freedom Phalanx, or did somone custom-make players' characters?

• Thanks 1

I think there were some Freedom Phalanx originally, but the majority was custom commissions people got from a player who made them...I want to say Layla? They were kinda UFO Catcher styled.

• Like 1