Give MM Pets access to MM Set Bonuses too.

A fraction thereof, perhaps.

It would be an enormous buff to suddenly have six henchemen all suddenly softcapped with strong resistances evne when soloing regardless of your secondary, and to have essnetuailly immortal and untouchable minions if you had a buffing set for your secondary.

I mean... I admit, part of would greedily like the buff for my three MM's.

But, they do have to consider how this would fit into the larger context of the game. 

This has been brought up a few times before and I think the result of previous discussions is that it's probably not likely to happen. MMs are somewhat OP with even-level content but their effectiveness falls off a cliff when dealing with the purple patch at +3 and +4. if there's any changes to be made to MMs at this point it has to target that whilst doing everything possible to not shift the needle even further into OP territory with even-level content.

• Like 3

InGame: @10kVolts    |    Tenkay's Log Combat Parser

35 minutes ago, 10kVolts said:

This has been brought up a few times before and I think the result of previous discussions is that it's probably not likely to happen. MMs are somewhat OP with even-level content but their effectiveness falls off a cliff when dealing with the purple patch at +3 and +4. if there's any changes to be made to MMs at this point it has to target that whilst doing everything possible to not shift the needle even further into OP territory with even-level content.

If people don't want OP, then stick to Training Enhancements. I'm not even talking about OP, I'm talking about QOL & survivability. Because what's the point of building up set bonuses & getting a good build going for an MM if it only affects the MM itself. Again Henchmen are what make an MM an MM. My Pets feel like they're walking paper even with Bodyguard Mode on.

Also, the last thing I want to hear from anyone is 'It's your build, just redo your build, you're playing it wrong'. Myself & alot of other people have trouble keeping the Henchmen alive even after heavy investment in them.

If our pets have access to set bonsues then they'd be an asset instead of liability that needs to be constantly monitored. Even the heal for bots is inadequite. Make Repair a heal that heals all of the Henchmen at once least. Make it useful.

1 hour ago, MTeague said:

It would be an enormous buff to suddenly have six henchemen all suddenly softcapped with strong resistances evne when soloing regardless of your secondary, and to have essnetuailly immortal and untouchable minions if you had a buffing set for your secondary.

But, they do have to consider how this would fit into the larger context of the game. 

3*, the minions can never be soft capped

1 hour ago, 10kVolts said:

tbf, everyone is OP vs Even Level these days

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RoboKnight said:

If people don't want OP, then stick to Training Enhancements. I'm not even talking about OP, I'm talking about QOL & survivability. Because what's the point of building up set bonuses & getting a good build going for an MM if it only affects the MM itself. Again Henchmen are what make an MM an MM. My Pets feel like they're walking paper even with Bodyguard Mode on.

So am I, however suggestions like removing the level disparity between you and your lower tier pets, normalising their hp across the different tiers or having upgrade powers autoapply on summon are probably more measured responses, set bonus sharing is just going to make everyone build for softcapped defenses I feel.

In fact, with the more recent changes to pet AI I've been finding it waaaay easier to actually keep your pets grouped up and remain in your buff circles. It's not absolutely perfect, they still like to sit around and twiddle their thumbs a bit after you issue them an order, but I've certainly been able to get a playstyle working that keeps them up majority of the time. Only trouble is the Tier 1s have about the firepower of paintball guns at +4 and I feel like I'm rivaling a controller as far as damage output is concerned, and that isn't going to really be addressed with set bonus sharing either.

• Like 1

InGame: @10kVolts    |    Tenkay's Log Combat Parser

There are in fact players who don't do IO's at all.  I've met some.  It's a complete mind-switch from what I'm used to, but they're out there. 

Theyre' another reason why I think the idea of making your T1 pets equal to your level (or maybe even +1) instead being lower level than you is a broader based fix vs sharing set bonuses. 

They'd hit more reliably, hit harder, and take less damage if they had a higher lvl.  Whether or not you IO.

8 minutes ago, MTeague said:

There are in fact players who don't do IO's at all.  I've met some.  It's a complete mind-switch from what I'm used to, but they're out there. 

Theyre' another reason why I think the idea of making your T1 pets equal to your level (or maybe even +1) instead being lower level than you is a broader based fix vs sharing set bonuses. 

They'd hit more reliably, hit harder, and take less damage if they had a higher lvl.  Whether or not you IO.

Even if they don't do IO's at all, most SO builds should be fine to do well more than 0/0

1 hour ago, darkjedi_white said:

I just want to be able to have my minions target through another toon like i can.

While this is a cool idea, I just wanted to note that I often target through the pets during the chaos of invasion events or Mothership Raid bowl parties.

I agree that the Purple Patch has a brutal effect on Mastermind Henchmen (and many other pets), and that it would be nice if in certain Incarnate content the T1 pets could contribute more than just being HP sponges.

One thing I want to write (this may come across as a "you're playing it wrong" but that is not my intent) is this: As a character levels up your expectations for your powers should change. You may have to figure out new ways to use the tools you have. This is especially true of MM pets. The T1 guy was your first friend, but as you make more friends he just doesn't level up like you do. Some options for your T1 pets as they start to lag:

• Consider slotting a KB -> Knockdown proc in the T1 pet. This gives them some control that many of them don't otherwise have. Bots can use Sudden Acceleration, all other MM primary pets can use the Overwhelming Force unique.
  • Consider running the T1s on defense, to maximize your Supremacy.
  • At level 50, you can slot the Soulbound Allegiance: % Build Up in a tier of pets and all of the pets in that tier get the chance.

3 hours ago, MTeague said:

While I’m not agreeing with the ops suggestion I’m not totally against it either... 

Now for your statement on softcapped defense. On pets it doesnt work the way you think it does. It works completely different like certain powersets do for players/ats. Try a force field mastermind sometime and you’ll see just how often they dont dodge/deflect. Unless all you fight is even conned npcs that is. 

keep in mind 5 of your pets are 1-2 levels

lower than you and that alone changes how defense works.

i think id rather see set bonuses left the way they are and instead given more tools to support my pets in the form of merging the two upgrade powers and replacing them with a mastermind pet only buff sort of like repair on robotics. Or better yet do this for both upgrades and simply make the upgrades something you inherently get at the appropriate levels.

Thats a pretty radical change to the at though which is something I usually wouldn’t suggest as I feel homecoming has changed too much already.